As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread - Adults Welcome

RaijuRaiju ShoganaiJapanRegistered User regular
edited July 2023 in Debate and/or Discourse
Herein we post stuff about this creative brick-based building system created by Lego!

6r8u61yeyu5n.jpg

ElJeffe on

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I really want the world map set but the price tag on it seems insane.
    I totally get that it's their biggest set ever but it's all basically three pieces. I dunno. Gonna have to ponder it.

That Mario airship looks effin cool too and it's 1/3 the price - may just jump at that.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Easy. Get three airships.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I bought my nephew a Lego basics bucket for his 4th birthday and the first thing he made with it brought me to tears... He made a rainbow flag!
    I am the proudest Auntie to a wonderful 'lil guy. :biggrin:

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I bought my nephew a Lego basics bucket for his 4th birthday and the first thing he made with it brought me to tears... He made a rainbow flag!

That is totally awesome and deserves two awesomes. One for you and one for him.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Very awesome! Which reminds me that I need to put together the Everyone is Awesome set.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Got the 3 in 1 castle and pirate set. No original space sets though so I settled for the Taj Mahal.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Finished this over the weekend... only missing Robin to be a perfect set.

1nunxtx2pcl8.jpeg

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    3 more Lego Super Mario sets picked up. Finally jumped on Best Buy giving 20-30% off on the poison ones of wave 2. I still need to get the haunted house, Thwomp Drop, and the master your adventure set to have all the "Easily" accessible first year stuff.

Of course, today dropped all the Luigi and other second year sets... whee.

If the rumor about Peach's Castle is real, that's a must buy. I also need to get a Lego NES at some point.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I have a few of the Mario sets just sitting around waiting to be built

Too... Much... Plastic

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I was ever so tired form work but I saw they also got the flowers and bonsai in
    If they have them in when I get off work tomorrow

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    They seriously redid the Lego Mario app for the new 2P release!

Some highlights / lowlights (Android version):

- They've replaced the panoramic, scenic version of the playsets that have decorations and stuff around them with a much more simple layout.
    - That simple layout is a randomly generated course, using the pieces you own. So it'll just drop in a bunch of elements to make a basic course for you.
    - Now, when you go to sync Mario/Luigi, they can be assigned icons and you have to select which ones you want to sync and in which way.
    - The app still says to view your new set in the virtual collection, but as that appears to be gone....
    - I had some weird issues where icons/graphics weren't loading properly after I updated the firmware on Mario. Took like 5 minutes to do as well.
    - Also had some strange textures/graphics on some building elements. They would be black in the piece list, and then darker shaded in the build. This kept cropping up a ton during building, but there weren't any cases where I was really unsure of what I was building where it caused a problem.
    - There's now a challenges area that I don't recognize. That's where I see the 2P explanations, and some interesting things to collect coins.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I want to see what happens if you put Luigi on the NES TV. Maybe it does something different?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Went in on the Creator 3-in-1 Castle (to go with the Blacksmith Shop), Ferris Wheel (looks fun!), and Space Shuttle (I'm a sucker for space stuff), which also qualified me for a second GWP Sailboat Adventure.

I really hope someone on YouTube has a MOC video instructions on how to build a bigger boat using 2 or more of the sets. Hachiroku24 sometimes has things like this or building a smaller in-scale-with-minifigs Iron Monger.

Raiju on
  • Options
    I think it was reported that the Mandalorian Forge set was giving some folks issues (myself included) on Lego.com where your order would not actually show up in your order history. Hopefully their tech support team can clear this up today. I never got a confirmation email nor does this order show up in my order history despite my credit card being charged.

Also, I want to hazard a guess and say that the Shang-Chi polybag GWP is no longer available (ran out of stock) as it won't show up anymore despite meeting the threshold but the Sailboat Adventure is still available as of this post.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Like Raiju, I just ordered a 3-in-1 Castle to go with the Blacksmith Shop

Unlike Raiju, I had to also order the Blacksmith Shop to create the justification

It could be worse - I almost bought 3 of the castles so that I wouldn't have to decide which configuration to keep it in

Edit: plus I get a boat! And points! Really, how could I not

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    My order with the Mandalorian Forge finally showed up in email and my order history. The bad news is that the Forge doesn't get released until September 1 and Bro Thor's New Asgard is on backorder. Curses!

• Options
    Raiju wrote: »
    I think it was reported that the Mandalorian Forge set was giving some folks issues (myself included) on Lego.com where your order would not actually show up in your order history. Hopefully their tech support team can clear this up today. I never got a confirmation email nor does this order show up in my order history despite my credit card being charged.

Also, I want to hazard a guess and say that the Shang-Chi polybag GWP is no longer available (ran out of stock) as it won't show up anymore despite meeting the threshold but the Sailboat Adventure is still available as of this post.

Yep, I had all of my pre-orders that I placed on Friday suddenly show up. Was annoying since chatting with Lego CS they did not see any of them. The last lady said that she was going to put a note to check on it today. They apparently fixed it yesterday since I was alerted and managed to get in an order (with other stuff). Suddenly this morning they all showed up like yours. Luckily they only cancelled one of the duplicates and the previous order of just it to see if that listing was bugged. Now I have 2 on its way though and will probably return one to the store (or knowing me, just using it for duplicate minifigs and parts).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Yep my forge is backordered but I did get Bro Thor and armored transport sets.

• Options
    Really I showed my brother why it's a hard choice about what to choose with the various lego that they just stocked I do want to get
    The creator castle is something I kind of want but it's for a castle I want to build so it's hard to think it is really worth 2 or 3 copies?
    But I did buy the imperial probe droid for to treat myself after this long nasty week at work

• Options
    Wanted to give a reminder that the Bricklink sets are back up again (not the Castle) for more orders on August 3rd at 12:00pm Pacific.

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/introducing.page

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I couldn't resist getting yet another dead-eyed plumber to stare at me creepily from across the room.

yfS6S4ih.jpg

Luckily they are much more lively when awake. Though this particular camera angle does not do wonders for their teeth situation.

n81R06eh.jpg

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    >.<

I had to work all day yesterday and could not get to the Lego store. I called both stores near me and found out every new star wars set sold out in 30 minutes.

And the 3 in 1 castle set.

And the new supercool Ninjago submarine.

I'll try again tomorrow.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I managed to snag two of the crater base plates from the 80s on eBay. I'm pretty happy with that.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I miss those kinds of enormous base plates!

I just assembled the Luigi starter kit. All the interactive bits are new, with a couple gears, a pink yoshi (that shows up as pink so the sticker is somehow different than the green yoshi), and a new dry goomba that shows up as if you used it from the minifigure kit. But... more importantly? The dry goomba has a new foot piece that looks like it is walking!

Yay!

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

I just assembled the Luigi starter kit. All the interactive bits are new, with a couple gears, a pink yoshi (that shows up as pink so the sticker is somehow different than the green yoshi), and a new dry goomba that shows up as if you used it from the minifigure kit. But... more importantly? The dry goomba has a new foot piece that looks like it is walking!

Yay!

....a dry goomba?

Are there wet goombas?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options

Yay!

Stop. I already am tempted to get a Luigi set, but this is just too much.
    Keep going.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Do the Mario and Luigi interact in any way?

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Yay!

....a dry goomba?

Are there wet goombas?
    In Super Mario parlance, a "Dry Somecreaturename" is the animated skeleton version of "Somecreaturename".

(Except, uh, in the case of the originator of this nomenclature, Dry Bones, which is a skeletal version of a Koopa.)

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Yay!

....a dry goomba?

Are there wet goombas?
    In Super Mario parlance, a "Dry Somecreaturename" is the animated skeleton version of "Somecreaturename".

(Except, uh, in the case of the originator of this nomenclature, Dry Bones, which is a skeletal version of a Koopa.)

Ooooooooooooh

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Beyond the Brick's Joshua Hanlon talks with Jack from BigPlanes about his amazing Lego Air Force One displayed at BrickFair Alabama 2021.

https://youtu.be/qS52qfzm1J0

Just a fantastic and enormous MOC build of arguably the world's most famous aircraft! I sometimes see this baby parked from afar and it's cool to see all the details that he managed to squeeze into the design.

• Options
    Beyond the Brick's Joshua Hanlon talks with Jack from BigPlanes about his amazing Lego Air Force One displayed at BrickFair Alabama 2021.

Just a fantastic and enormous MOC build of arguably the world's most famous aircraft! I sometimes see this baby parked from afar and it's cool to see all the details that he managed to squeeze into the design.

That is an awesome build and even more awesome that you actually get to see the real thing! The closest I've ever seen it is flying overhead once.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    It’s not a complete MOC without a Harrison Ford minifig.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

That is an awesome build and even more awesome that you actually get to see the real thing! The closest I've ever seen it is flying overhead once.

Yeah, it's a huge plane. Sometimes I see its twin Air Force Two when the VP, SecDef, or Secretary of State are in town. Strangely, I've never actually seen Marine One in person yet.
    KPC wrote: »
    It’s not a complete MOC without a Harrison Ford minifig.

I think it'd pretty easy to make a Presidential Harrison Ford minifig using old man Han Solo's head and a business suit torso and legs.

• Options

It appears so. I haven't played around with it, but there are some tutorials on things you can do together, and one of the Luigi starter constructions definitely featured Mario and Luigi working together to score coins.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Back ordered Boba Fett’s Starship. The only thing stopping me from buying the Vader chair thingy and the cruiser was my wife’s inevitable fury and the lack of any suitable storage/display area that isn’t accessible by my kids.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Yes. They talk to each other, and there are play dynamics that are built around co-op - for example, the players can get bonuses by synchronizing the brothers.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Back ordered Boba Fett’s Starship. The only thing stopping me from buying the Vader chair thingy and the cruiser was my wife’s inevitable fury and the lack of any suitable storage/display area that isn’t accessible by my kids.

I've seen the Starship at Costco - apparently it's one of the sets they picked for this year.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Really what stops me from buying a lot of lego is they do become accidently investing as I will get them weeks later forget about them and they pile up [as there was a large pile of books and lego in my room that until I started to clean up I had no idea what was in it}

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Yay! Got the UCS Gunship, Moff Gideon's Cruiser, a tuk tuk, and the 1960s batmobile!

oh h*ck
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    Yay! Got the UCS Gunship, Moff Gideon's Cruiser, a tuk tuk, and the 1960s batmobile!

I hope you'll keep us updated on the Gunship build. I'm not getting it myself, but I'm curious how it goes together.

This discussion has been closed.