As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread - Adults Welcome

1102103104105106108»

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Wait, so... There's a line of renditions of MCU artifacts, like the Infinity Gauntlet and Cap's shield, that go on a display stand. But this would be Wolverine's dismembered hand, right?

Technically just his glove and claws, so like, one artifact and 3 bones? Basically enough material to be a religious artifact!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Review of the Modular Construction Site, a fan-created Ideas project that was brought to life via BrickLink Designer Program:
    https://brickset.com/article/97730/review-910008-modular-construction-site
    I haven't finished reading the article yet, but it looks like a pretty cool set, based on what I have read. Sure wish I had the space for all the Modulars.

Review of the Lego Modern Art set:
    https://brickset.com/article/98025/review-31210-modern-art
    This looks dope as hell. I initially assumed that the set would be just a big bag of Lego parts and the words "do art" hastily scribbled on a torn scrap of paper, but - as I should have predicted - Lego has taken a much more thoughtful, considered approach. The instructions guide you through creating a bare frame which has a bunch of connection points, and multiple geometric components (of various shapes, colors, and sizes) built out of the Lego pieces. The instructions provide guidance on how to assemble those components with aesthetic balance, flow, etc. Rather than throwing you at the mercy of a blank page, they give you constraints (the component selection) and direction (the aesthetic guidance), which are both good aids for creativity. I was already interested in the set, but now I am that much more interested.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That's a cool way to go about it.

I don't know if I would actually like it or not. My time with Stud.io versus playing with my actual brick pile has taught me that I enjoy building actual models with instructions, or designing something where I have unlimited options. Having a limited pile of bricks in front of me just frustrates me as soon as I discover I really want a piece I don't have, or that's in the wrong color. Because I want to build what's in my head, dammit.

I can see getting the modern art set and seeing five red circles and getting grumpy because I really want a sixth.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I suppose it would depend on the person. If I am handed 5 sticks and told to make a horse, my brain immediately starts firing, seeing these sticks from different angles, imagining the different ways that they can be used to represent different parts of whatever I'm trying to make. If I am given an endless supply of whatever I want and told to make whatever I want, I kinda shuffle from one foot to the other and don't know where to start.

The wide open possibility space is too overwhelming. Putting constraints on it lets me be creative.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I know that it's more of a forum tradition than a technical requirement, but while I don't wish to alarm anyone, we kiiiinda blew past page 100 a good 5'ish weeks ago...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

This one has us ready to ride… The new LEGO Technic Yamaha MT-10 SP
    lego.com/product?p=42159

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Lego VIP days has started.

The Blacktron set is back as a GWP.

Just thought some people would like to know.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    And Fort Eldorado has been ordered. I had to add some new flowers to the order to get it over the threshold for the Blacktron ship.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    gvKb23y.jpg
    Mr Bricks... I don't feel so good...

WTnCpSV.jpg

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    I know that it's more of a forum tradition than a technical requirement, but while I don't wish to alarm anyone, we kiiiinda blew past page 100 a good 5'ish weeks ago...

Yeah, I tried pinging @Raiju but he was probably moving. Maybe he has some time to set up a new thread?

Also bummed that the VIP days are limited to certain sets. Also of course the Football Table is on sale again. Why do you taunt me Lego? I bought it at launch and have yet to build it! Then again the Icons of Play is on sale and I can use those Minifigures on the Table set.... Hmm...

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Y'all are aware you could start the new thread, right? =p

• Options
    never

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Y'all are aware you could start the new thread, right? =p

I usually give the current owner first dibs.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Anyone who creates a new thread gets a valuable new GWP (Gift With Posting)!

(The GWP is the friends we made along the way.)

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Anyone who creates a new thread gets a valuable new GWP (Gift With Posting)!

(The GWP is the friends we made along the way.)

New Thread (with Truth In Advertising!)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
This discussion has been closed.