As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    Also there's a new Marvel strategy RPG announced from 2K and the developer of XCOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8Vw5tOf5M

Ugg, would it kill you to show gameplay publishers? Like, Marvel strategy RPG has me intrigued but I kinda want to see how the game actually plays rather than "here's a bunch of super heroes - they're in some kind of game!"

Gameplay is supposed to be released on September 1st.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Marvel X-com was weirdly rumored to NOT have recognizable characters, so that's a surprise. (Maybe they got confused that you have to make your own "main" character.) Looks way better than the Agents of Shield game I was expecting.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Legend of Mana remaster is solid as hell. Gorgeous, full of extras, save anywhere, turn off battles if you want. Still my favorite game of all time.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    April being trained by Splinter and fighting is an established thing. Still, seeing this specific version of April fighting feels weird, but still totally tubular.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I have a simple rule for trailers: No gameplay, no buy.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    If there's no gameplay shown, the game might as well not exist in my opinion. Makes things like e3 and Gamescom a real crapshoot because devs love their fully cinematic reveals with no semblance of gameplay.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Some Switch related stuff shown or announced at Gamescom today. Apparently the new TMNT game has been delayed to next year but looks like April O'Neil will be playable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RfrrEF1VLo

Hooray they fixed the UI!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    If there's no gameplay shown, the game might as well not exist in my opinion. Makes things like e3 and Gamescom a real crapshoot because devs love their fully cinematic reveals with no semblance of gameplay.

Yeah, that's why it's so bonkers to me to see people so hyped up for all the Xbox announcements over the last year or so. So many of them exist as only cinematic teasers, or worse, logos on top of some background scenery.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Legend of Mana remaster is solid as hell. Gorgeous, full of extras, save anywhere, turn off battles if you want. Still my favorite game of all time.

I keep forgetting to buy this, but I also have like 4 other games I haven't even started yet so I guess maybe I'll wait on a sale? *shrug*

That's good, cuz yeah.. the trailer doesn't really show me anything. "Hey, Wolverine is in this game!" ok but I know who Wolverine is...

Also ugg, I just watched the TMNT trailer.. I'm gonna have to buy this, aren't I? It looks way better than it has any right to look :P Even though the beat-em-ups weren't ever really my *favorite* genre, still, TMNT arcade is all the nostalgia... (also something something if you can play as April you should be able to play as Master Splinter)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I need Casey Jones in this game or I riot.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Also there's a new Marvel strategy RPG announced from 2K and the developer of XCOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8Vw5tOf5M

Ugg, would it kill you to show gameplay publishers? Like, Marvel strategy RPG has me intrigued but I kinda want to see how the game actually plays rather than "here's a bunch of super heroes - they're in some kind of game!"

they do this because if they just do a cinematic they can contract that out to a CGI house to make something that looks really flashy and nice without interrupting production in the dev studio to produce a demo of gameplay that probably looks unfinished because it actually is or is full of faked gameplay. Producing work-in-progress demos and footage for trailers for trade shows is often seen as a big time waster in game dev.

... ignore me

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

What was wrong with it?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

What was wrong with it?

Yeah, I'm looking at the April reveal video and don't see much difference.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

What was wrong with it?

The health bar

1gqqwx5737ri.jpg

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Hard to believe that No More Heroes 3 is coming out in a few days. Nintendo put out a video today with Suda51 and looks like the frame rate issues that people noticed are being worked on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TATmME-lZRw

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    April being trained by Splinter and fighting is an established thing. Still, seeing this specific version of April fighting feels weird, but still totally tubular.

The mic drop is glorious.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

What was wrong with it?

The health bar

1gqqwx5737ri.jpg

Ah, yeah I got it now. I was looking at the official Nintendo trailer from April (not the character!) and the UI was fixed over the original teaser trailer from March. Looks like they were just using different builds.

And wow, that old UI was hideous.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Neo TWEWY is as cleared as its gonna get probably. Full social network, all bosses, Another Day and all secret reports.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    oyzadu0kq3xf.png

My newest score:

The announcer get so hilariously tinny as the speed increases.

Getting Cricket for the windmill spin is so tricky.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    And back over to you 110970.gif

wdikq1j3a0ro.png

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX are coming to Switch in the west on December 9th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ttBeT-shVM

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I used to love those games

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    How are they going to handle the monster generation?

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I think they did a searchable music CD database for the Japanese versions but I'm not entirely sure.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Hnnnnnngggghhhhh I can't pass those up. Even if imo the gameplay aged poorly. The amount of rng involved in combat with monsters who can die fr a bad loss was painful

Kai_San on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Cleared The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles 1 + 2. Freaking love throwing out Objections. Hope they bring out Investigations 1+2 and a new AA game soon after.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I think they did a searchable music CD database for the Japanese versions but I'm not entirely sure.

I remember there was a list of the cds and what monsters it gave you way back then as I was harassed for my copy of Daft punk's homework and other ones by some of the people in the barracks when I would return from a tour
    I just remember the list not what was on it though

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
  • Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Hnnnnnngggghhhhh I can't pass those up. Even if imo the gameplay aged poorly. The amount of rng involved in combat with monsters who can die fr a bad loss was painful

Boost ATK
    Boost SPD

Save scum through all major tournaments, playing keep away with distance and restarting if you get hit.

I beat MR3 in one generation with a beefy Hare.

• Options
    Also I bought my first music CD based on what it would make in Monster Rancher 2, no regrets, 3EB’s debut album is gold.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    When I was a teen playing it legit back then save scumming wasn't something I considered.

I mean yeah that right stats can mitigate it, but I meant outside of kind of min maxing things it could be rough and that fear always lingered.

• Options
    Oh wow, looks like they just put the Pokémon TV app on Switch. But still no Netflix.

https://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-tv-app-has-just-released-on-switch/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I knew I recognized April's moves. :lol:

https://youtu.be/dfzvVDVrOLk

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I cannot guarantee the legitimacy of this 100%, but there is apparently quite a bit of info out there on the topic. Yikes is the only possible response.

• Options
    What if, instead of a new story with new Zelda characters... we had a bunch of Toads?

• Options
    edited August 2021

I cannot guarantee the legitimacy of this 100%, but there is apparently quite a bit of info out there on the topic. Yikes is the only possible response.

This is true. I believe it was part of an Iwata Asks? (maybe for Twilight Princess HD? I forget if that came out after he died or before)

But yeah, basically the team wanted to make a Majora's Mask type sequel to Twilight Princess and Miyamoto was like "Nah, let's do a shooting game." And then Miyamoto would not allow them to put any boss battles in Crossbow Training, which they argued him stringently until he finally relented and let them add ONE boss...

Seriously, Miyamoto, I love you man, but you gotta cut this shit out. It's bad enough your meddling brought us Sticker Star...

Edit: Here: https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Link's_Crossbow_Training#Development

You can check the citation for the original Iwata Asks articles (which I guess were actually FOR Crossbow Training)

And to reiterate what I just said, Miyamoto, wtf...
    The development team struggled with making a shooter game fit in with the Zelda universe as Link wielding a gun did not feel right. Nevertheless, Miyamoto insisted that it be set in the Zelda universe, and suggested a "terminator-style" plot in which Link time-warps into our modern world where he finds and begins using an AK-47 to defend Tokyo City and his own Kingdom from monsters. This idea was shot down immediately by everyone else on the team as atrocious. In the end, they decided to give Link a crossbow, and to flex what it could do so that it acted more akin to a modern day firearm.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Between that, all the Paper Mario nonsense, and Star Fox Zero I'm starting to think that Miyamoto has been an anchor on development ever since the Gamecube era ended.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Between that, all the Paper Mario nonsense, and Star Fox Zero I'm starting to think that Miyamoto has been an anchor on development ever since the Gamecube era.

God I forgot about Star Fox Zero. I wish they're remake that game for Switch but remove all the gamepad bullshit and just turn it into a normal Star Fox game.

• Options
    I'm sad that "a normal star fox game" seems to just be remakes of the first one.

I like Assault quite a bit, and I would've loved a further sequel from Command.

Or like, a redo of Adventures, with Fox on the flying continents and Krystal on the main planet.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Between that, all the Paper Mario nonsense, and Star Fox Zero I'm starting to think that Miyamoto has been an anchor on development ever since the Gamecube era ended.

I've thought that for a long time. Often creative people need someone to reel them in a bit. I was in the position to do that with a director one time. We needed to get the show on the road but he was still trying to make all kinds of creative changes when we should have been finalizing things. I got yelled at but I stood my ground and in the end I kept the show on track. I get the feeling Miyamoto has his own ideals but no regard for what's best for the product. At this point Miyamoto is a legend in the business and I'm sure a lot of people at Nintendo don't feel they can say no to him, especially in a Japanese business environment.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --