As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    It looks like potentially a time saver, like more or less being asked "do you want more harvestables or do you want rare ones specifically?" and then getting a bunch dumped in your lap at once. Which could be balanced in opposition to tapping the "pickaxe" button 20 times to get 20 random ore, not exactly engaging either.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Here's the stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdeOx6Yvq8Y

The harvest part is first brought up at ~43 minutes with a screenshot of the fishing minigame (not shown later). There is a fishing bit in the clip, but it doesn't trigger the minigame? I'm not sure the exact mechanics here. There's a lock on the preview, so maybe it's not unlocked yet or there's some additional requirement.

53 is the slingshot minigame and 54:20 is the mining minigame.

Did they say it was every harvest or maybe it's like a critical harvest? I really don't have an interest in watching a Japanese stream of a game that I'll likely never actually see on US shelves lol.

Sophie 2 has a physical product page on Amazon. Its current release date is Feb 25.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Here's the stream.

The harvest part is first brought up at ~43 minutes with a screenshot of the fishing minigame (not shown later). There is a fishing bit in the clip, but it doesn't trigger the minigame? I'm not sure the exact mechanics here. There's a lock on the preview, so maybe it's not unlocked yet or there's some additional requirement.

Did they say it was every harvest or maybe it's like a critical harvest? I really don't have an interest in watching a Japanese stream of a game that I'll likely never actually see on US shelves lol.

Sophie 2 has a physical product page on Amazon. Its current release date is Feb 25.

Well slap my willy. It's also on Best Buy's page.

Still not watching it. For the sheer fact that I don't know Japanese and these streams are always a little weird.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Here's the stream.

Still not watching it. For the sheer fact that I don't know Japanese and these streams are always a little weird.

Who doesn't tune in to a video game promotion stream for 45 minutes of voice actors oohing and aahing over costumes and cleavage on a supposedly 16 year old and 5 minutes of gameplay?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Here's the stream.

Who doesn't tune in to a video game promotion stream for 45 minutes of voice actors oohing and aahing over costumes and cleavage on a supposedly 16 year old and 5 minutes of gameplay?

I really am missing out, aren't I?

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Baba is You got an update today on both Steam and Switch. Adds a separate section for cut and changed levels, and some new levels that even have some new mechanics. Also the level editor that has been in beta for awhile now. Godspeed to anyone who feels like having their brain absolutely destroyed once again.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRvRdIuHyvc

New MK Live update dropped today, finally adding split-screen multiplayer on one Switch. Also, there's now a 2-4 player relay mode, where you change who's controlling the kart every lap.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    More Sam & Max coming next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bYSc8HfS-M

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    You what?

Edit: ah, re releases of the second telltale season.

Enlong on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Yes, but I don’t know if the date was.

• Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Awesome. I've been trying to queue up a few good pick-up/put-down games for after the baby arrives. A baby who happens to be due on Dec 9th! How fortuitous!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Yeah they announced it I think in the last direct (or maybe the E3 one) but we didn't know when it would come out.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    exis wrote: »

Awesome. I've been trying to queue up a few good pick-up/put-down games for after the baby arrives. A baby who happens to be due on Dec 9th! How fortuitous!

i played so much elite dangerous when my baby was born. he would not sleep unless he was held so i just explored and did mining forever overnight. its 6 months later that he was a needy little butthole that my game time was dropped to only after he was in bed and all the other chores were done.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »

i played so much elite dangerous when my baby was born. he would not sleep unless he was held so i just explored and did mining forever overnight. its 6 months later that he was a needy little butthole that my game time was dropped to only after he was in bed and all the other chores were done.

Get a good slouch going and you can play any game with a sleeping baby. I played a lot of Destiny when my kid was a baby.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »

Get a good slouch going and you can play any game with a sleeping baby. I played a lot of Destiny when my kid was a baby.

My son was born just a few weeks before the Switch came out. Lotta time playing Breath of the Wild with a newborn sleeping on my chest.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I almost died getting my copy of Brilliant diamond from the midnight release at gamestop.

Of cringe that is.

Five minutes before they started handing out games (They gave us all a card with a number for them to call and had the games pre-bagged and just called numbers for people to come up and grab them.)

Some dude walked in and when the lady asked him if he needed a line number he goes and this is exact words "I don't need a number i'm a twitch streamer."

He left after she gave him a number card with the word "Last" on it and he stormed off.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I almost died getting my copy of Brilliant diamond from the midnight release at gamestop.

Of cringe that is.

Five minutes before they started handing out games (They gave us all a card with a number for them to call and had the games pre-bagged and just called numbers for people to come up and grab them.)

Some dude walked in and when the lady asked him if he needed a line number he goes and this is exact words "I don't need a number i'm a twitch streamer."

He left after she gave him a number card with the word "Last" on it and he stormed off.

That lady does not get paid enough (I mean, Gamestop, but even so).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Ain't none of those people paid enough to be working at freaking midnight everyone even most of us customers looked like we were about to pass out standing there.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I looked at the version exclusives, saw that Brilliant Diamond got literally all my old favorites (Scizor and Ttar are the best)...

and then went and bought Shining Pearl anyways. I have approximately one billion perfect Scizor and Ttars bred up and sitting in literally every other pokemon game, so despite overall liking the Diamond exclusives more, I had to go with the version that has Misdreavus/Mismagius, the cool gen 4 ghost pokemon that I've never actually used in any other game.

So now, because I don't have work tomorrow, I'm outside, in the middle of the night, playing pokemon while watching the moon slowly die. Should be fun!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I look forward to enjoying Brilliant diamond in roughly a month when i hit that 1/4096 shiny for my Turtwig.

• Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Some leaker has said the the Zelda 35 anniversary celebrations will continue at the games awards.

Just say your sarcastic answer out loud, otherwise we're just going to have 10 pages of "continue? I didn't know it started " etc.

Some news sites are trying to spin this into a major announcement about BOTW 2 or maybe other hd reissues.

All I can confirm is that my heart is filled with filthy neutrality at the possibilities.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Raybies666 wrote: »
    All I can confirm is that my heart is filled with filthy neutrality at the possibilities.

Your neutrality is now enforced, mandatory positivity.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    As much as I would like BotW2 news... Please give us anything else Nintendo. Ports of Wind Waker or Twilight Princess would be good.

It'll take the sting off my WiiU dying.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Some leaker has said the the Zelda 35 anniversary celebrations will continue at the games awards.

Just say your sarcastic answer out loud, otherwise we're just going to have 10 pages of "continue? I didn't know it started " etc.

Some news sites are trying to spin this into a major announcement about BOTW 2 or maybe other hd reissues.

HD remaster of the CD-i games

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

HD remaster of the CD-i games

Not particularly just the Zelda ones? Just the CD-I games in general?

That's a bold prediction! It will certainly add some extra value to the switch expansion pass.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    Nintendo will probably give us something at the Game Awards -- last year it was Sepiroth in Smash (Joker in Smash the year before that), and I remember one year there was the BotW DLC announcement.

But if I remember right it's typically just one thing per year.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    No, Joker was 2 years before Sephiroth.

I distinctly remember people being sure we'd see something at the next year's game awards for Smash, after Joker. And we didn't.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Enlong wrote: »
    No, Joker was 2 years before Sephiroth.

I distinctly remember people being sure we'd see something at the next year's game awards for Smash, after Joker. And we didn't.

But we did get something, right? Just not for Smash? Or am I misremembering?

Edit: We did! Bravely Default 2, published by Nintendo outside of Japan.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

just take the dumbest thing you can think of

good

now reduce the screen size, limit the availability, and make double sure no one wants it

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I would love for the 3DS Zelda games to get the HD treatment. Second choice would be Wind Waker (or even better, a "Toon Link" collection with PH/ST). But my expectations are something I won't give a single shit about, like more AOC content, or Zelda outfits in Bayo3 or some other garbage.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    About the only re-release info I can imagine being excited for is Oracle games in the new LA engine. Everything else I personally already have ready access to in a decent enough format.

Maaaaybe something with Minish Cap. But it would need to be more than a straight port as my GBA:SP is still trucking on.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2021

OK, and thank you for the opportunity: The first Zelda game in 4K but with no remastering or changes to the graphics. For $59.99. A Stadia exclusive.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I bought 6180 the Moon because it’s an indie game that I love and it’s only $2 at the moment.

As good as I’m sure it still is on the Switch, the best and most fully realized version of its gimmick will always be on the Wii U.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I would love a Zelda Maker but it would only work with the top down games
    But I am curious how it would work past various ideas and half formed thoughts about it

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    FB_IMG_1637338724348.jpg

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I would love for the 3DS Zelda games to get the HD treatment. Second choice would be Wind Waker (or even better, a "Toon Link" collection with PH/ST). But my expectations are something I won't give a single shit about, like more AOC content, or Zelda outfits in Bayo3 or some other garbage.

Oh yeah this. Link between worlds might be my favorite zelda game. In fact, probably about time for a replay.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Dirty wrote: »

Yeah honestly, even a collection of OoT 3D & MM 3D in HD resolutions would be pretty sweet. Those are already the best looking versions of those games. You through them over to someone like Grezzo or Tantalus or whatever and it's a fairly low-cost remaster (probably :3). (though I'd personally hope they fixed MM 3D to change back some of the stuff they ruined like Zora swimming)

But yeah, Link Between Worlds would be nice to see on another platform. I know someone who loves Zelda games but doesn't have a 3DS who would love to actually be able to play it. Although I wonder if that one would be particularly hard to port while not looking jank due to the weird camera angle and stuff that game runs at (I'm just imagining the effect not carrying over properly when you up-res the models)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    It seems like a porch pirate swiped the package with my Zelda Game and Watch. Either that or was not really delivered. I let Play Asia know I did not receive it. I will see if I can get a refund.

I have this gut feeling the Fed Ex guy did not deliver it. I usually don't have people stealing my stuff.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Zunde wrote: »

Of cringe that is.

Oh my god that is fantastic

e:also I bought that Layton 3DS port because I can't help myself

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png