As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    The hand drawn angle is ballsy for that Nemo game. The nes one is freaking amazing but it was mostly due to that old school Capcom charm.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I still have a working VHS copy of the little nemo animated movie.

I had a crush on the clown girl.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I still have a working VHS copy of the little nemo animated movie.

I had a crush on the clown girl.

I seem to remember the movie giving me nightmares as a child.

Still loved it tho.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    The Nemo game looks so much like the original comic strip that it's making me oddly emotional. The comic strip is such an amazing and surreal journey if you've never read it.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Yeah the Little Nemo comics are an extremely different beast from what we actually got on the NES as kids. I can definitely see some side-eye from folks who didn't even know it was a comic(which wouldn't be surprising since the comic was very early 20th century).

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I tried that 13 Sentinels game and after 2 hours of tutorials and cutscenes I gave up. I'm sure the game opens up eventually but holy hell just let me play the game.

It's a visual novel, the cutscenes consist of most of the game. Not sure what you thought you would get past.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

Dragons crown is already out on the vita.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Black Future is all right! It’s fun enough. I dunno if it’s gonna hold me but the aesthetic and such is rad. The price was certainly right, regardless. Thanks for the rec, @Handsome Costanza !

• Options
    I tried that 13 Sentinels game and after 2 hours of tutorials and cutscenes I gave up. I'm sure the game opens up eventually but holy hell just let me play the game.

It's a visual novel, the cutscenes consist of most of the game. Not sure what you thought you would get past.

I'd heard it was a Tower Defense type game. If I had known that it was anywhere near a visual novel I would have removed it from my cart so fast.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

I'd heard it was a Tower Defense type game. If I had known that it was anywhere near a visual novel I would have removed it from my cart so fast.

It's a visual novel with strategy/tower defense sections peppered throughout.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

So games should never be released on other consoles?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

No. The Vita is eternal and always will be eternal.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Hey uh, random question. Would this thread (or this forum in general) be an OK place to ask a question about technical issues with something like a GBA flash cart? It would be nothing to do with roms; just hardware, so I’m Not sure if that falls under the rules against piracy discussion. If it’s not appropriate, than this will be the only post about it.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Vita
    Means
    Life

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

It's a visual novel with strategy/tower defense sections peppered throughout.

Yeah I learned that the hard way lol.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

As much as I love my Vita, I would buy a Switch collection of Dragons Crown, Odin Sphere and Muramasa as soon as it was announced simply for the bigger screen.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hey uh, random question. Would this thread (or this forum in general) be an OK place to ask a question about technical issues with something like a GBA flash cart? It would be nothing to do with roms; just hardware, so I’m Not sure if that falls under the rules against piracy discussion. If it’s not appropriate, than this will be the only post about it.

I think I made a big thread about awesome DS homebrew back in the day (practically made it a mini PC/media player) so maybe fine? I would be more concerned that nobody would have any experience with it and be able to help you.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Alright.

Well, the issue is that I have a cart that is several years old, and the internal battery appears to either be very depleted, or not able to hold a charge properly. I tried leaving it idle overnight inside a turned-on GBA to recharge from some AA batteries, and that worked for a while, but it depleted again after only a few hours outside of a GBA. I’m not sure what I should do to try and fix or even diagnose the issue here.

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

As much as I love my Vita, I would buy a Switch collection of Dragons Crown, Odin Sphere and Muramasa as soon as it was announced simply for the bigger screen.

And with the framerate issues I recall from Odin's Sphere PS4, I imagine it would be a bit frustrating technically.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Alright.

Well, the issue is that I have a cart that is several years old, and the internal battery appears to either be very depleted, or not able to hold a charge properly. I tried leaving it idle overnight inside a turned-on GBA to recharge from some AA batteries, and that worked for a while, but it depleted again after only a few hours outside of a GBA. I’m not sure what I should do to try and fix or even diagnose the issue here.

If it's already dead, what's the harm in opening it up and seeing what kind of battery it takes? If it's an easy button battery, you can replace it. If not, recycle it and get a new reader.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Alright.

Game Boy cartridges don't have rechargeable batteries. the ones with batteries take coin cell style batteries that do eventually just die. This is an issue that is becoming common on Game Boy Colour games as those carts get close to 25 years old. Unfortunately, the batteries are also specific kinds that are soldered in. They absolutely can be replaced, but requires purchasing the correct battery, which are easy to find), and then knowing how to solder a couple points to de-solder the old battery and solder in a new one.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Goddamnit it, I picked up the PS4 version of 13 Sentinels like a month or so ago when it was on sale because I figured it's been this long so it's probably not going to get a port.

It is very much My Kind of Weird Shit, especially once you finally get out of the Tutorial.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Goddamnit it, I picked up the PS4 version of 13 Sentinels like a month or so ago when it was on sale because I figured it's been this long so it's probably not going to get a port.

It is very much My Kind of Weird Shit, especially once you finally get out of the Tutorial.

I also picked it up a couple months ago but only put maybe 2 or 3 hours into it before moving on to something else. Not because it wasn't good, I'm actually very interested in where that story is going. It's just super not a game I want to play sitting on my couch on a big screen TV. I'd much rather be playing it in bed or on the train (if I ever go back in to the office, anyway), so while I'm annoyed I just bought it, I'm pumped for it to finally be on Switch.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Deku Deals just informed me that Metroid Dread is on sale already!? Wow!

Edit: I can't actually find that reduced price anywhere though, boo

Fry on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

Seeing price drops on AAA titles after a few months is pretty standard in the industry, except when Nintendo is involved. I'd say the Dread price drop was probably a Black Friday/Cyber Monday thing and not a new standard, lower price.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »

Seeing price drops on AAA titles after a few months is pretty standard in the industry, except when Nintendo is involved. I'd say the Dread price drop was probably a Black Friday/Cyber Monday thing and not a new standard, lower price.

And according to Deku Deals, Dread isn't really on sale now.

Still, how great was it we actually got some decent first-party sales this year? Then again the sales have been steep in general in the vidja game world; wonder if the biz was panicking a little about how COVID would affect things.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    The panic here would be that COVID is receding slightly and people aren't buying as many games. Pandemic has been a thorn in development but an absolute boon for sales.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I wasn’t able to get Breath of the Wild for that initial $27 price, but I did snag it from GameStop new for $35 which still seems pretty wild(lol) for a flagship Nintendo game like that

Looking forward to checking it out! There’s paid DLC(s), right? Are they worth getting?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Vita
    Means
    Life

Vita Means Life

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I wasn’t able to get Breath of the Wild for that initial $27 price, but I did snag it from GameStop new for $35 which still seems pretty wild(lol) for a flagship Nintendo game like that

Looking forward to checking it out! There’s paid DLC(s), right? Are they worth getting?

You might get mixed answers, but I think they are. Includes a special new difficulty level that changes some things, a big new quest line, a set of challenges, and lots of gear to hunt down.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Pro controller's on sale at Amazon for $50.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

You might get mixed answers, but I think they are. Includes a special new difficulty level that changes some things, a big new quest line, a set of challenges, and lots of gear to hunt down.

That being said, you don't need them right away at the start of the game either.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Is the teleporting horse gear DLC? That's the one thing that I can think of that might make a noticeable difference.

jothki on
  • Options
    jothki wrote: »
    Is the teleporting horse gear DLC? That's the one thing that I can think of that might make a noticeable difference.

Yep.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

If you enjoy getting kicked in the junk then Trial of The Sword is great. The DLC gear is mostly for novelty, with some game breaking effects. The teleporting horse gear and travel medallion are handy, though. I haven't tried the Ballad of Champions quest line yet but I haven't heard anything bad about it. Master Mode changes up enemy locations and makes enemies stronger, it also adds some floating platforms that weren't in the base game. Hero's Path is another novelty.

While I haven't tried Ballad of Champions yet, and maybe that would change my opinion, but so far I feel the DLC is pretty skipable.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Ballad is the best part of the dlc, bar none. I do want to say that master mode is enough of a shift that it validates replaying the game, which has its own worth.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    The Ballad of Champions is if you like the story and want a little bit more of it as well as more shrines to play with. Plus gets you closer to the annoying OCD of not having a full two rows of hearts or stamina wheels.

There is one DLC item that does break the game a bit (which makes it easier). I had the DLC from day one thanks to buying the Switch with the game, but honestly I think you can be fine trying the game out and seeing if you like it or not. If you like it and want more before you finish it then by all means buy the DLC.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I don't understand how people can play master mode. Silver enemies already feel like excessive timesinks, I can't even imagine how bad the gold ones must be.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Master mode in the plateau feels like a completely different game. At the very least I would recommend people trying that at least once. Once you leave the plateau though, the difficulty flattens back down. And honestly, the whole regenerating health destroys so much of the possible emergent gameplay opportunities the game is known for. You can't drop boulders onto an enemy camp, because they'll just have healed by the time you get there. If there were a Master mode version without the regen, it'd be great.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Master mode in the plateau feels like a completely different game. At the very least I would recommend people trying that at least once. Once you leave the plateau though, the difficulty flattens back down. And honestly, the whole regenerating health destroys so much of the possible emergent gameplay opportunities the game is known for. You can't drop boulders onto an enemy camp, because they'll just have healed by the time you get there. If there were a Master mode version without the regen, it'd be great.

You can't do that after a point in normal mode either because the boulders don't do enough damage to matter on the stronger enemy tiers. Bokoblin camp full of explosives? Blow em all up and they just stand up and start looking for you.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy