As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon Slaps [Chat]

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Shadow of War also took the instant kill combo finisher move and moved it so far down the tech tree it was borderline useless

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    Wilhelm Scream in Two Towers and Return of the King dang

I don't know if there is a similar name of this, but for 30 years now I instantly recognize (and dread) this "children's laughing" soundclip that is apparently the go-to soundclip for literally everything involving a scene in which more than 2 children are in close proximity.

And the only reason I pick it out so clearly is because it was used in the opening load screen music for Diddy Kong Racing.

the internet seems to agree it is the Diddy Laugh

Oh it was actually named after the game? That's cool.

Also, I hate it and it needs to go away.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Husband says that the sound effect they use for eagles in movies. Like you know the one. It's the same for all of them. It's a red tailed hawk. And he always points it out. Especially if it's a bald eagle or something.

Bald eagles are hilarious.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Husband says that the sound effect they use for eagles in movies. Like you know the one. It's the same for all of them. It's a red tailed hawk. And he always points it out. Especially if it's a bald eagle or something.

America's War Chickens.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i'm a fan of harp lady becoming famous

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    “Most of the laugh tracks on television were recorded in the early 1950s,” he wrote in his 2002 novel Lullaby. “These days, most of the people you hear laughing are dead.”

Oh okay, that's some surprise morbidity for the day.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Harps are rad. We need more music with harps in it.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i'm a fan of harp lady becoming famous

she deserves it

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The siblings group chat is finally all-blue, thank God.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    that hawk the slayer track linked slaps

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    what i say to my fuckboys

https://youtu.be/Lff3w08tsc4

gonna be honest i expected this one to do well with you lot

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oof. Not one but two people in my vicinity got married this month, and I’m having a really rough time with this desolating solitude right now.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    The siblings group chat is finally all-blue, thank God.

time to unleash the zero click hack

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/q69o1D4QagY

Adding yours to my dire dire docks collection.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Um is that thumbnail meant to be extremely provocative

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Motion to consider "vehicle was under manual control" as not fucking "self-driving".

As long as it's not Tesla FSD 'lol, we about to crash enjoy the next .25 seconds of manual control' bullshit I agree.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Been working on a board for miniature gaming. If this resin sets nicely instead of eating through all the foam like the last time I tried this and left a few unpainted spots, it's gonna look so cool.

6qpq4cryod4i.jpeg

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    hey surfpossum.

What does your sig mean?

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    hey surfpossum.

What does your sig mean?
    Hang on I need to check what my sig is.

Oh it's instructions from a job application where I had to answer yes or no questions using a scale of 1 to 10.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Um is that thumbnail meant to be extremely provocative

I’ve turned it every which way and still don’t see a dick

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Succession was good
    Damn

poo
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Been thinking about how people in the late 50s didn't believe in Duck & Cover but quietly went along with it because the illusion was comforting. I've also been thinking about how there must have been a few adult people who earnestly believed Duck & Cover would improve their odds of surviving a massive bombing campaign. They must have existed. True believers.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Been thinking about how people in the late 50s didn't believe in Duck & Cover but quietly went along with it because the illusion was comforting. I've also been thinking about how there must have been a few adult people who earnestly believed Duck & Cover would improve their odds of surviving a massive bombing campaign. They must have existed. True believers.

OK but the alternative is watching your coworkers start boning as they think they're about to die and then the bomb misses and you pray for another

The fabric of America undone by a cascade of fake bombs meant to kick off a wild national sex party, the horror!

Tumin on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I mean

I grew up in Detroit, and that was maybe #1 on the list of getting erased during a nuclear exchange due to manufacturing

Duck and cover kind of makes sense if you squint and say you're in, Livonia or Sterling Heights or something and the Soviet Union drops a MIRV on Warren and your immediate danger is blown out windows (from the epicenter 20 miles away)

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    aw yeah video game music covers

here's one of DuClare Chateau, one of my favorite video game tunes ever (from a game that has like six of them lol)

https://youtu.be/l6HLsXBXQXM

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Yeah I mean duck and cover does significantly improve your chances of survival in a marginal situation vs. walking to a window.

Same thing we do for tornadoes.

It's not great but better than nothing if you lack a real underground shelter.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Feels like I only a couple months ago had a repository of absolute pokemon bangers saved up, only to now find I'm mistaken.

This revelation actually kinda hits pretty hard. What music have I even been mentally boppin' to all this time?

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options

• Options
    hmm the jumping on the bed scene at the end of Return of the King is about three hours shorter than i remember it being

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The original Pokémon theme on Game Boy is so nostalgic for me it brings me to tears pretty much anytime I hear it

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I think this might be the most underrated VG music songeroo

https://youtu.be/t6T_PeAsNyw

It slaps incredibly hard

• Options

• Options
    edited August 2021
    gotta be honest not one minute of the four and a half hours of RotK extended felt superfluous

whereas like two whole hobbit movies could have probably been cut

Chanus on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

America's War Chickens.

The only bald eagle I remember seeing in America was standing inside of a deer stuffing its dumb face.

Such majesty.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

America's War Chickens.

The only bald eagle I remember seeing in America was standing inside of a deer stuffing its dumb face.

Such majesty.

very America tbh

• Options
    now i want to reread the books but i wanted to reread Dune first but i have like 1200 comics to read first

• Options

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh no

This tutorial is a lot of very boring information punctuated with relevant things

Literally the worst arrangement re: human psychology

• Options
    This is what happened the last time I tried to make a swampy board using resin, 4 years ago.

tofdqbosoi7g.jpg

I uh

hope I sealed the foam up good this time.

This discussion has been closed.