As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Midnight Suns] Final DLC May 11th with Xbox One and PS4 versions, Switch Cancelled

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Hopefully! The Cap video was kinda meh, but that could also be because it was the first video.

I liked it. Not as flashy as Iron Man's, but that's not Cap's personality. Cap looks like an awesome tank.

In about two weeks I've gone from skeptical to 100% on board the hype train for this game.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Do we know all the playable characters at this point? Obviously more can be added in DLC and expansions and so forth. But for the base game, do we know all of them?

It seems like a very safe list so far, which is fine. Nothing wrong with playing it safe. But I kinda wish they would have picked a couple more non-XMEN non-Avengers characters as well.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Hopefully! The Cap video was kinda meh, but that could also be because it was the first video.

I liked it. Not as flashy as Iron Man's, but that's not Cap's personality. Cap looks like an awesome tank.

In about two weeks I've gone from skeptical to 100% on board the hype train for this game.

No, I mean Cap looked fine, but the video wasn't quite as interesting. It might just be the difference in kits, though.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Ironman seems really damn good.

Yeah, but if for some reason you need more action spread around the rest of your team, he seems like he could clog your hand. So that may be a risk/tradeoff

What? Tony stark showboating might get in the way and get people hurt?

What a horrible suggestion

It's thematically great. Looks mechanically fun too. I was just theorycrafting pros/cons.

I know, I was agreeing with and reinforcing your point ;)

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Do we know all the playable characters at this point? Obviously more can be added in DLC and expansions and so forth. But for the base game, do we know all of them?

It seems like a very safe list so far, which is fine. Nothing wrong with playing it safe. But I kinda wish they would have picked a couple more non-XMEN non-Avengers characters as well.

I mean, Blade, Nico Minoru, looks like at least two Ghost Riders in some of the cutscenes...there's a bunch of folks.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I believe we know everybody except one? There's a list somewhere in the thread.

• Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    For the base game they confirmed there are 12 characters, other than the hunter, with the final one currently unknown. I was originally thinking there would be some biblical betrayal allegory but Soloman buried that theory because of when they are unlocked. In an interview he said "You have to beat the game to get the last one...To unlock all the characters, you have to beat the game, and then we have a new game plus mode, so you will be able to use that" though I suspect the marketing team will reveal them before the game's release.
    1. Spider-Man
    2. Blade
    3. Scarlet Witch
    4. Wolverine
    5. Captain Marvel
    6. Nico Minoru
    7. Ghost Rider
    8. Magik
    9. Doctor Strange
    10. Iron Man
    11. Captain America

Tertiee on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So for standard play we know all the characters i guess!

So I can start picking my team..

Hunter and Nico for sure.

Last spot is either Blade or Spider-Man.

Spider-Man is my fav but I feel like he doesn't fit the vibe as well as Blade here. Its just hard for me to not pick Spider-Man haha.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2022

I get my Marvel knowledge mainly from TV/Cinema Marvel with the odd bit of comic dipping and I’ve never heard of two of them which seems a good number of ‘new’ faces to the casual mainstream.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Spider-Man is my fav but I feel like he doesn't fit the vibe as well as Blade here. Its just hard for me to not pick Spider-Man haha.

Teams are 2 + the Hunter.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

I get my Marvel knowledge mainly from TV/Cinema Marvel with the odd bit of comic dipping and I’ve never heard of two of them which seems a good number of ‘new’ faces to the casual mainstream.

Magik is an X-Man (she was in the New Mutants movie) Nico Minoru is from Runaways.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    One film/series each as part of a team still makes them relatively obscure compared to the rest was my point.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Oh, I was just letting you know. I absolutely agree

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Magik is an X-Man (she was in the New Mutants movie) Nico Minoru is from Runaways.

Magik is also Colossus' sister.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

Teams are 2 + the Hunter.

Yea thats why I'm trying to pick a team of 3 in that post haha.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Magik was one of the better characters in the New Mutants movie (Anya Taylor-Joy has a lock on "mysterious magical lady" roles), and Nico was perhaps my favorite character and plotline in the Runaways show, so I'm pretty pumped to have them on my team.

I was just thinking about the new game+ character. I'm not a Dr. Doom stan, but I do think it'd be pretty funny if he showed up to Strange in a post-credits scene and said, "next time there is an occult apocalypse, call upon me, DOOM. I will resolve the issue."

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Im gonna try them all! Lots!

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to magic lady trio

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I could imagine Hulk as post game character, since didn't they already show him being an opponent?

• Options
    Also Venom.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    It better be Hulk!

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    All of his cards better just say Smash

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2022

But, in different styles of type.
    Smash!
    Smash!
    Smash!
    Smash!

S̶̡̳̪̥̲̘̳̩ͣ̊̾̈ͅM̪̙ͣͨ͠A̞ͫ̈ͥ̽͡Sͯ̅̊҉̵͎̦̻͖̹̮H̸͈̰ͬ́!͕̦̤̯̩̉͒͑̌ͧ̈

see317 on
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »

Smash!
    Smash!
    Smash!
    Smash!

¿Smash?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

Smash!
    Smash!
    Smash!
    Smash!

¿Smash?

Smoosh

• Options
    “¿smash?” is a combo ability. It generates a card of your ally’s in your deck called “yes hulk, Smash” which you need to acquire by redraw within x rounds. When played by an ally they do a combo attack with bonus damage with hulk. If not played within X rounds hulk rampages and deals damage randomly to enemies and allies and objects around him. Hulk is unable to take actions while “¿smash?” is unresolved as he looks pleadingly at his ally waiting for them to tell him to smash.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Gotta say I’m kinda disappointed that there’s only 12 heroes. Sounds ridiculous because you can only bring 2 with you.

One if those times where I hope there’s good DLC support.

Edit - especially looking at the comic roster, they took up slots with Wolverine, Spider-Man, Iron Man z as me Captain America, from characters like Dr Voodoo, Hannibal King, Man-Thing, Hellstrom, Satana, etc.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I took a look at the store today and there's 4 dlc planned with more heroes and missions.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I took a look at the store today and there's 4 dlc planned with more heroes and missions.

Excellent.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I could imagine Hulk as post game character, since didn't they already show him being an opponent?

The trailer showed Lilith had turned Scarlet Witch and Hulk and to her side. Given we know Wanda is playable Hulk's a decent pick though most fans are betting on Moon Knight. He fits the supernatural theme, there's a poster of Khonsu during the fight with Venom, and if the game weren't delayed it would have matched up with the D+ series back in March.

• Options
    Spider-Man's next up with an interesting take to make him feel agile in a turn-based game. Also as Jameson would say he's a threat to the city's infrastructure of crates, power poles, explosive barrels, etc.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpBL5LD181s

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I take issue with the doing low damage seeing us our boy spidey can really hurt people if he wants to but, ah well, he can't do everything. (plus sometimes he can even here)

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I don't mind them not playing up his strength with punches since it's also a core Spidey thing that he deliberately holds that back.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm probably gonna use everyone. I'm thinking you'll be encouraged too.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

The passive friendship buffs will probably make some interesting synergies between various team combos.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Hoping it hits that sweet spot for me on playthrough time so I can just keep going back to it trying different teams. Maybe even a side mode that opens after the story with everyone unlocked with random missions possibly with different selectable modifiers. Something like that would be even better for me than repeated playthroughs.

Been staying mainly in the dark on details so maybe that type of mode exists, but I got no clue.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited July 2022

If you only have so much time to spend sitting around playing video games with Spidey, and that's how you get the upgrades to a character, it will probably have the effect of discouraging you from using the whole cast in one playthrough.

Fry on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Most games with those kind of social links are rarely that severe. Sure you might have to choose who you want to be your bestest friends but you usually have some wiggle room.

• Options
    Most games with those kind of social links are rarely that severe. Sure you might have to choose who you want to be your bestest friends but you usually have some wiggle room.

So far, the bonuses seem to be cool, but not overwhelming, yeah.

• Options
    Doctor Strange's video shows him as primarily a support character with a very good passive. Wonder if they plan to review all the Avengers up front and then move onto the rest of the cast.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8bI78_C24w