As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Shadowlands: 9.1.5 on the PTR

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Season 4 just for some variety. I'll have entirely new dungeons to complain about!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wow Light Legends! Get your friend into mobile game pyramid schemes coming this fall to a mobile device near you!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    My guess is it's whatever the most popular mobile ganra was like 4-5 years ago.
    Not bad.
    Clash Royale
    Initial release date: March 2, 2016

• Options
    So I wonder what in game thing they'll give you in WoW for doing their bullshit, the hearth stead was pretty cool.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I was honestly just wondering the other day where Tom Chilton disappeared to, and this is what he's been working on.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    a mount for sure. everyone loves a mount

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know microsoft really wanted call of booty and actavision's phone games [they have candy crush, call of booty mobile and so much more}

• Options
    admanb wrote: »
    a mount for sure. everyone loves a mount

I mean it got me to play hearthstone and I suck at those kind of games.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Is the Hearthstone mount still available?

edit: looks like it is!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    I mean if you buy me dinner first maybe.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    Lemme make you something instead.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    My guess is it's whatever the most popular mobile ganra was like 4-5 years ago.
    Not bad.
    Clash Royale
    Initial release date: March 2, 2016

You absolutely win the prize, damn. Nostradamus.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Also, this

NYC suing as a shareholder, alleging the MS deal is just a way for Kotick and friends to escape liability for their mismanagement.

E: Oh nevermind, this is apparently a small potatoes lawsuit just to get access to the books for discovery. Not likely to go anywhere.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    But I'm confused they were a shareholder this whole time and didn't do anything about Kotick. So like aren't they a part of problem?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    They (specifically the retirement fund for city police, firefighters and teachers) have some shares so are entitled to sue for investor reasons, but they don't have a lot. Supposedly overall shareholder satisfaction is a baffling 98% which is why this suit probably won't go anywhere.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    They (specifically the retirement fund for city police, firefighters and teachers) have some shares so are entitled to sue for investor reasons, but they don't have a lot. Supposedly overall shareholder satisfaction is a baffling 98% which is why this suit probably won't go anywhere.

ahh ok, just feels weird they are suing because kotick sucked but like didn't sue when he was/is in charge. Like if the sale doesn't go through him and the board are still there? So they are effectively suing to keep him in place?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I mean he is still in charge, the sale hasn't happened yet.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    I got back into the game last week, last time I played was when Lich King released. I had some questions about a few things.
    • I'm at the level 50 cap and from what I could find, it looks as though it is possible to solo old dungeons once your iLvl is high enough (someone said 58). Are the gear drops worth it outside of the gear styles?
    • I don't feel like dropping $60 on an expansion that will be replaced in a few months, is there any word on whether it will be rolled into the regular subscription? I'm hoping to just wait it out while playing old content and I'll pick up the next expansion to work my way up to max level.
    • Guilds/Party/Raid all look to be cross server, any limitations on that?
    • Anything I should definitely be looking to get done in game? Saw something about Heart of Azeroth being an important item to get.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    • No, once you're to the point of solo'ing old dungeons the gear is really just for transmog.
    • Shadowlands should be rolled into the base product once Dragonflight launches, because that's what they always do. That said, Dragonflight is still probably a year out, Alpha hasn't even started yet.
    • Guilds aren't cross-server, parties and raids are.
    • The Heart of Azeroth was one of the keystone systems of the Battle for Azeroth expansion. The whole thing where you collected power to build it up was deactivated when Shadowlands launched.

• Options
    Awesome thanks, guess I'll pick up Shadowlands then as I'd like to get into raiding again.

Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Got my alliance warrior alt to 60 last night. He was 43 renown without buying the thingie from Oribos. That's just how much free renown I got from the 50-60 leveling process. I did all the bonus objectives in every zone and completed all 4 of the zone quests. I also did the leveling-in-Torghast quest. Plus a handful of regular quests and dailies. All told, the path I took through Threads of Fate was worth a ton of free renown.

Sadly, I made a mistake shortly after that. I was clicking through all the skips on Bolvar, and accidentally took the Zereth Mortis skip. I did not want to skip that one, because chapter 1 of the ZM campaign gives a free 226 weapon, which is a pretty massive upgrade over the 158's I have equipped from leveling.

I'm currently 2/5 for Burning Crusade Timewalking. Getting a 252 from the item cache will also be a nice boost. Anyone know if tier can drop from those caches?

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Nope. Tier is on its own loot table.

If you anima you can buy 226 weapon chests in ZM.

admanb on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I bet I can pretty easily come up with some spare anima on my account. Those tokens are account bound, right?

The problem will be if they're rep locked. My ZM rep is not the best. I think highest I've gotten is friendly? Maybe Honored? I'm at work and can't check now.

• Options
    I don’t think there’s any rep requirement on the 226 tokens.

• Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Normal jailer down after only half a dozen pulls. My guild hasn't really focused on normal progression but it was surprising how much easier normal jailer was compared to normal Anduin. Anduin required me to heal about as hard as I've ever healed in my time playing wow, especially as we usual run with 3 healers which meant I was alone during the split in phase 1. It also required our dps to push themselves to their limit and do all the mechanics or we'd horribly die.

Jailer, on the other hand, felt like none of the mechanics mattered aside from getting knocked into holes. Once our raiders figured out that part of the fight, he went down shortly after. Anduin should have been the final boss of this raid and then they could have released the last 3 bosses as the "final" raid in 9.2.5 to keep people occupied for another few months while they work on Dragonflight.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    I kind of feel like the Anduin fight is the actual climax of Shadowlands, and the Jailer is just cleanup.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Sprout wrote: »
    I don’t think there’s any rep requirement on the 226 tokens.

I think all you have to do is that first quest the NPC gives. Like loot 10 chests or whatnot. If that.

Bigity on
  • Options
    Jailer turns into a real fight on Heroic.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    anduin also feels hard because he scales poorly with small raid sizes, while the rest of the fights in the raid do the opposite.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    What's the deal with that marketplace event in Tazavesh Streets? All I ever do during it is run around frantically trying to keep HOTs up on the party as they go around talking to NPCs and fighting things.

• Options
    What's the deal with that marketplace event in Tazavesh Streets? All I ever do during it is run around frantically trying to keep HOTs up on the party as they go around talking to NPCs and fighting things.

You have to pick up and deliver three items. The mooks just spawn and hang out while the elites spawn and fixate on whoever has the goods — they also build speed and haste stacks if they survive.

There’s a WA that tells you where to deliver each item and you can use Wo to speedrun it safely, but that takes some planning and someone who knows what they’re doing.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

Are you asking how to do it?
    The NPC by the door gives you a random item out of a list. Each item from the list has to go to a specific merchant in that general area. When you hand it in to them, they give you next random pick (no repeats in a run). Once you have in 3, the last merchant tells you a password that you can tell the guy at the door to get in to the m where you fight the next boss. The items all kind of name sense as to whom to hand them in, like "a bolt of fancy cloth" goes to the tailoring merchant. I'm sure there are mods now that can tell you too.
    The like guys spawn regularly, are non elites that agro whatever. The one guy fixiates whomever is carrying the merchant items, is elite. They stop spawning once you turn in the password, but the boss won't spawn unless you've killed them all off.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I thought I had joined a guild but it was just a community, no wonder I was confused and thinking guilds were cross-server.

Reached 60, been working on my covenant stuff and spent some time today leveling up some pets so I could do those dailies. Seems like they removed the pet battle questline so I can't take advantage of fighting the trainers, I don't even get options to fight any of them from what I've seen so far, so I ended up flying around low level zones farming some pets.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Am I tripping here, or is this puzzle unsolvable?

8hnzuk22lryg.png

My understanding is that you're supposed to choose three sets of three that either all share the same characteristics, or none of them.

• Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    1-5-7 is a match. 2-4-9 is a match. 3-6-8 is a match.

Each characteristic (outer shape, inner shape, border count, inner shape count) must be the same in all 3 or else different in all 3. That's the rule of the puzzle.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I have no patience for that one and use the mod instead

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Ah, I guess I thought all characteristics had to simultaneously be different or the same, together.

So for example I excluded 1-5-7 because they share the same border shape and count, but have different rune shapes and count.

• Options
    At first I didn't really comprehend how to do those, but now that I've done enough of them I usually solve them pretty quickly. Only once in a long while one will trip me up because I'll match 3 that are valid but it ends up making it unsolvable (i.e., the correct solution means those 3 needed to matched up with some other squares).

• Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    I just spend the 9 energy to have Pocopoc open chests for me - I'm certainly not using the energy for anything else at this point.

• Options
    I like using the energy on the spin attack to mow things down for me -- when Pocopoc feels like working correctly, that is (are they ever going to fix him or is ZM just totally abandoned by the dev team?). It's great if I can gather up 5+ melee range mobs on me and then he just smashes the whole pile for like 30k each.

This discussion has been closed.