Options

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Good job pissing away your timeouts, Gteen Bay.

As is tradition...

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Every passing week, Rodgers looks more and more like some random at the opposite end of the dive bar from ya.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Every passing week, Rodgers looks more and more like some random at the opposite end of the dive bar from ya.

I honestly think it's what he's going for

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    This was clearly deserving of a foul/ejection.

But goddamn, is it hilarious.

"On this date in 1974, Vikings QB Fran Tarkenton celebrated what seemed like a game-winning touchdown by spiking the ball off Patriots CB Ron Bolton's head and getting ejected after the ensuing fight."
    *video of the event*

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

"On this date in 1974, Vikings QB Fran Tarkenton celebrated what seemed like a game-winning touchdown by spiking the ball off Patriots CB Ron Bolton's head and getting ejected after the ensuing fight."
    *video of the event*

My favorite part is that it looks like Bolton slaps him on the shoulder pad once he's out of bounds and Tarkenton's reaction is to turn around and peg him in the head with the football.

It's just so absolutely juvenile from start to finish.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

*video of the event*

My favorite part is that it looks like Bolton slaps him on the shoulder pad once he's out of bounds and Tarkenton's reaction is to turn around and peg him in the head with the football.

tbf the mere fact that Bolton was still chasing him at that point is evidence he was trying to do some damage.

but yeah Bolton apparently picked Tarkenton off twice in the game, so it probably wasn't taking revenge for an attempted cheap shot

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

*video of the event*

tbf the mere fact that Bolton was still chasing him at that point is evidence he was trying to do some damage.

but yeah Bolton apparently picked Tarkenton off twice in the game, so it probably wasn't taking revenge for an attempted cheap shot

"Pick this one off, MOTHERFUCKER!"

*BONK*

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Catching up on the Packers/Cardinals game.

Fucking HATE Buck and Aikman. 1st play of Q2 is a 4th and inches. Dillon gets the inches.

"AJ Dillon did that all on his own!"

**replay immediately shows the left guard basically throwing Dillon forward through the linebacker that has him stopped**

Yeah, all on his own. Dipshits.

I mean, Dillon looks to be the real deal. But OLine rarely get recognized. Give Putnam his fucking due.

That special teams collision was fucking horrific.

And while I'm not confident Jones scored that TD, some consistency from the refs would be aappreciated. Seen way worse upheld as "not enough to overturn".

MorganV on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Yeah I don't think Jones was in on that TD but there was absolutely no definitive look to overturn.

Oh well. At least it's not as bad as MLB strikezone, but what is?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Yeah I don't think Jones was in on that TD but there was absolutely no definitive look to overturn.

Oh well. At least it's not as bad as MLB strikezone, but what is?

Offsides in soccer?

<tedlasso>
    HOW IS THAT OFFSIDES?

Seriously, I still don't understand that rule.
    </tedlasso>

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Don't worry they've got VAR now to alleviate that issu... what's that? It's worse?? HOW?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    I have no clue how that was not a TD for Moore in the Carolina / Atlanta game?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    ugh poor Lions. This was one of the few games left where they had a chance at winning and they just look defeated already. Goff is back to playing terribly. Maybe a bit of a hangover after putting it all on the line last week.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

*video of the event*

That's Incredible!

• Options
    Browns not romping over the Steelers is disappointing but not out there.

Bills not romping over the Dolphins? That is definitely out there.

Still just over a half to play, but both games tied 3-3 inside 2:00.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Browns not romping over the Steelers is disappointing but not out there.

Bills not romping over the Dolphins? That is definitely out there.

Still just over a half to play, but both games tied 3-3 inside 2:00.

I just turned on Dolphins/Bills to see the 'phins run around confused for 10 seconds, then do a direct snap to some dudes knee. How is this close?

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Colts tied with the Titans have 73 seconds to run the length of the field, and kick it to get the win. Wentz avoids taking a sack in the end zone, only to toss it up, get picked, and have it returned for a pick six. There's still a chance, but now it takes a TD just to get to overtime.

EDIT: Titans D might be walking home, allowing the Colts to get the TD. Looking to be overtime.

The Jets beating the Bungles would just be sad for that cursed franchise though. Jets are just terrible, but the Bengals were showing signs of life, and getting crapped on by the Jests... just terrible.

Same with the Browns losing to the Steelers. Just can't seem to get that monkey off their back.

MorganV on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    They just try so hard for Dan Campbell.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Not today they did not.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I would have been livid if Tennessee lost this one.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Titans win, though they didn't deserve to, it was only Wentz mistakes that kept them in it.

However, I do love the Colts PA troll game.

As the Titans set up for their game winning field goal...

"Pressure pushing down on me
    Pressing down on you, no man ask for
    Under pressure that burns a building down"

The Colts mascot banging his head in frustration against the goalpost after the kick was ruled good, made me laugh.

• Options
    Metcalf scores an impressive TD.

Unsportsmanlike conduct. I figure taunting.

Nope. He hugged the goalpost.

No Fun League bullshit.

As long as you're not extending the game, as long as you're not doing something obscene, and as long as you're not abusing the opposition, then who gives a ratfuck about what you do.

"Oh, but the sanctity of the game!". Puh-fucking-lease. You wanna care about that shit, why is a player like Antonio Brown playing. The list of players with credible sexual assault charges still playing means you can stick any sanctity of the game shit right up your ass.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    At least he's not pretending to be a pissing dog anymore, the NFL would probably ban him for life.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Washington's kicker being Chris Blewitt, and having 2 of his first 3 FG's blocked, is just *chef's kiss*.

Now that's divine humor that I can get behind.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Huh I thought Blewitt was Chicago's kicker a couple years ago.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I thought celebrations were ok now? Or did they roll that back?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Mulletude wrote: »

Depends on the ahhh... player shall we say.

Also lol at Bradys negative effort to recover his fumble

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Depends on the ahhh... player

ummmm, y'know when someone like Metcalf celebrates like that it just looks... frightening? Intimidating? I don't know the exact, um, word, but it's bestial behavior and we don't want to encourage it.

Something like that, probably.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    refs giving the saints every opportunity to get this touchdown

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    wow
    turnover tommy trying to make simien feel better about his quarterback play?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options

Depends on the ahhh... player shall we say.

Also lol at Bradys negative effort to recover his fumble

Was it as bad as Cam Newton's effort?

Will he get the same press coverage after?

I'm not a Cam fan. Always thought he was a pretentious shit. But "dive into one of the most dangerous situations on a football field" isn't something I'll blame a QB for failing to do.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Brady's fumble was more of the ball slipping out of his hands (or getting knocked out) and his momentum carried him away from the fumble. So, by the time he stopped himself, there was already a Saint diving towards the ball. He may have made the executive decision not to chance it, but I imagine the whole thing played out in slow motion in his head as he thought "Oh shit oh shit oh shit."

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Gyral wrote: »
    Brady's fumble was more of the ball slipping out of his hands (or getting knocked out) and his momentum carried him away from the fumble. So, by the time he stopped himself, there was already a Saint diving towards the ball. He may have made the executive decision not to chance it, but I imagine the whole thing played out in slow motion in his head as he thought "Oh shit oh shit oh shit."

Weather in the dome must be terrible. Just watched a 3rd and goal by the Saints have a bobbled reception stop them short (a good catch was a guaranteed TD), and then Kamara on 4th and Goal almost drops it too.

EDIT : And then a Bucs TD has the reciever catch and fumble the ball (might get overturned as an incomplete), recovered by Saints, who ALSO fumbles the ball (recovered by Saints).

Ball must be made out of butter.

MorganV on
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Geno doing a good impression of a starting QB today. If he could find a way to not be sacked for -100 yards a games it'd be great.

• Options
    Eagerly anticipating this new exciting ruling on what is or is not a catch here in the TB/NO game

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Eagerly anticipating this new exciting ruling on what is or is not a catch here in the TB/NO game

Hell of a game of hot potato they're playing there in the end zone.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    In a startling turn of events, the possible fumble that would have possibly daggered Brady was actually incomplete!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options

It was a Brady pass. I expected that ruling as soon as it was questioned.

Granted, it was probably the right decision, but like with the Aaron Jones reversal on Thursday, I've seen much worse upheld.

• Options
    The problem was that Fournette never accepted the ball into his heart. Thereby not meeting the criteria for a catch.

Jokes aside, if nobody hits him/ the ball, I think he grips and gets the TD. But that's not what happened so they're going to go off the movement. Sucks for the defense, but most rules do.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Does Trevor Lawrence always look this mediocre?