Options

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Joe Burrow is Joe Flacco

He can't even get a decent stache going, let alone an elite unibrow.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Joe Burrow is Joe Flacco

I wanna say Joe Burrow has the 2nd best first 27 starts in a career after Mahomes so

I mean Tom Brady's 2001 season he won the superbowl.

Joe Burrow has had a pretty good season, but that's more his team doing well and him not fucking it up.

If I get in the way back machine, Kurt Warner pops out.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Roethlisberger has the two rings and enough counting stats, (if only cause of his longevity/era) plus he played in a good market and had a semi-distinctive style of QBing. He’ll probably get in pretty early easily

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Rivers is petty easily the best QB of that draft class and also the one who probably doesn't get into the hall

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Rivers will get in as a coach, the first to field a lineup of all their own children

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Rivers will get in as a coach, the first to field a lineup of all children

HIs wife's kegel game has gotta be on point.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Roethlisberger is 5th all time in passing yards, 8th in passing touchdowns, and has multiple super bowl wins.

I don't like the guy either, but outside of being a scumbag those are hall of fame numbers.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Ben led the league in total yards twice, yards/game 3 times, 4Q comebacks 4 times, and game-winning drives 3 times

Dude was a great QB

• Options
    Giants landed Daboll for HC.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular

That does not bode well for Tua.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

It's the best lookout the Giants have had in a decade.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »

I'm not sure what that means. Can you explain, please?

• Options

I'm not sure what that means. Can you explain, please?

*Outlook

It's the first GM hire that wasn't some level of bad joke (Nepotism hires that came up in our system) in a long time.

And it's the first coaching hire that I've actually liked since Coughin was brought in to replace Fassell. And he's not the guy that's leftover, the Giants actually got off their asses and worked to fill these vacancies

• Options
    I wanted Daboll for the Bears. I think the Giants did great. I just think it's telling that he'd rather work with Daniel Jones than his college QB.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It's old! Move on!

Things got HEATED today on SteinyGuru957 as Jeff Garcia clarified his comments toward ESPN's Mina Kimes

95.7 is a Bay Area sports station

If only it wasn't Mina Kimes who criticised Garappalo then Garcia totally would have said the same thing. Even though she has a platform to give her opinion, she just shouldn't have. And all those other men who have never played the game, should also not, but it was Kimes who said it so he had to speak up to defend Garappalo from the opinion of somebody who never played the game. And anyway, it's over. Let it go. No need to keep bringing it up.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i don't know what the conversation was but is he wrong that people can have opinions but if you haven't lived it then you don't know? for me its like a doctor who studies cancer vs someone that lives with cancer. the doctor can have all the knowledge in the world and i'm going to respect that knowledge but if i'm living with cancer then i know what that means. it's two different experiences. /shrug

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i don't know what the conversation was but is he wrong that people can have opinions but if you haven't lived it then you don't know? for me its like a doctor who studies cancer vs someone that lives with cancer. the doctor can have all the knowledge in the world and i'm going to respect that knowledge but if i'm living with cancer then i know what that means. it's two different experiences. /shrug

The NFL media blob is littered with dozens of people if not hundreds who the last time they played competitive football was high school if ever at all and the vast majority of them are shitting on Garoppalo for being a lousy quarterback.

But Jeff picked one in particular to take umbrage over

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

The NFL media blob is littered with dozens of people if not hundreds who the last time they played competitive football was high school if ever at all and the vast majority of them are shitting on Garoppalo for being a lousy quarterback.

But Jeff picked one in particular to take umbrage over

And in this case someone who, despite not playing, knows a lot about the game and has watched enough tape to be able to say when one player doesn’t play as well as his peers. Which is basically what Mina was saying about Jimmy G.

It’s also not a take that you only hear from Kimes, but for some reason Jeff just had to respond to her specifically.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Frankly, you could purge all the sports talking heads (players and non-players) from the public consciousness and we'd all be the better for it. Especially now that they spend so much time pimping sports betting.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Frankly, you could purge all the sports talking heads (players and non-players) from the public consciousness and we'd all be the better for it. Especially now that they spend so much time pimping sports betting.

Nah, I really like Mina. And while there are many talking heads who suck, there are some good ones that I enjoy listening to.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    @amateurhour did you make that bet? Haven’t locked mine in yet

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    I was listening to a podcast about the various coaching hires, and it seems the Jags are competing with the Texans for worst place to go.

Apparently both Hackett (now Broncos) and Eberflus (now Bears) had interviews with Jacksonville and took the first offer. Several other coaches have reportedly turned down offers to interview, and Byron Leftwich (Tampa OC) is reported to have said that he'll only consider it if GM Trent Baalke is fired.

I mean, the Texans found someone, but they're such a disaster on field that you weren't ever going to attract top talent. Jags have a potential star QB, and the first pick in this year's draft.

Also, the fact that with the exception of Vegas, they have had the longest time to look for a replacement, dunno, given they seem to be trying (ie, aren't holding out for someone still in the playoffs), could be another year of clusterfuckery for Lawrence.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Fun fact - the Butt Fumble occurred in the first ever Primetime Thanksgiving game.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    The Jags have to get rid of Baalke. He's a known career killer for coaches and front office poison for teams.

2014 Harbaugh out
    2015 Tomsula one and done
    2016 Chip Kelly one and done
    Not a GM from '16 to '19
    2020 Interim GM, 1-15, sacks Marrone
    2021 Urban Meyer, need I say more?

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    They should can that GM then.

I assume folks are still high on Lawrence. Seems like Jacksonville should be a prime choice for coaches.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

I am not, nor will I ever be a surgeon. If a surgeon cuts off the wrong leg I am going to call them incompetent. Telling me I don't have experience as a surgeon isn't relevant because I can still know when they have fucked up.

• Options
    I mean life and death aside

Football is just a dumb game, everyone gets to have an opinion if they want to have one

• Options
    Looks like the continued non-growth of Los Angeles as an NFL team is persistent.

Apparently the 49ers fans outnumbered the Rams fans 60/40 in Week 18. Some of that can be chalked up to the Rams having secured a playoff berth, and the 49ers still in the hunt.

But apparently ticket sellers are expecting it to be over to 65/35 this week, to the point Stafford and McVay were asking people not to sell.

I know the Chargers have had issues with losing home field. But the Rams have been to the playoffs four times in the six years they've been back in Los Angeles (and it's not like it's a garbage division).

That not only can't they sell out locally, but that they might be outnumbered by an away team, should be seen as a fucking failure for marketing.

They're lucky the Superbowl appears to be a lot of corporate purchases going to people interested in the spectacle with no allegiance to either team, compared to actual fans. Because being outnumbered in a home Superbowl would be fucking embarrassing, and I could see that happening in Los Angeles.

• Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Leftwich is a slam dunk hire who would be very popular, so of course the Jags have to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing it.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    yessssssssss its time
    also i love that he just fucked up big ben's hall of fame induction in 5 years
    amazing

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Tom Brady’s deal with Satan concludes.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »

No, he’s still boosting crypto.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far.

Arians is probably out too.

Newest QB Coach, then OC, the Head Coach (all of which he'll be immediately and surprisingly good at) and a thirty year tenure (at which point he'll STILL look like he can play) to challenge Belichick's title for greatest coach ever.

I'm not going to believe the deal is over until he fades into obscurity.

• Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Brady won't coach, it's hard work and he's too rich. He might take a TV job though.

• Options
    Gronk to re-retire in 3... 2... 1...

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Smurph wrote: »
    Brady won't coach, it's hard work and he's too rich. He might take a TV job though.
    I never thought he was interesting enough for tv.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Brady has earned about a quarter billion in salary and bonuses over his tenure. And that’s without endorsements, commercials and wife money.

He can do whatever he wants.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    as long as he doesn't turn into roger clemens

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Smurph wrote: »

I heard Jim Harbaugh is on a "Death Watch" in Ann Arbor.

And He is the Greatest Wolverine besides Woodson, sooo...

Ticaldfjam on