As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Aesop [Chat]

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Final Fantasy X gets an unfair boost in my head because I used the Remastered Contest of Aeon track for D&D boss battles when I was DMing so when the track kicked in the party knew it was time to start sweating

https://youtu.be/f1C1hCTm15o
    I am currently playing FFX remastered as we speak.

Noice noice, the Seymour Omnis music is my all time fav FF track, I think

https://youtu.be/87e5qQnVerI

Just a bummer it plays for such an underwhelming boss fight.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    FF7: remake is great and also very horny but in a very charming sort of way

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    HOT TAKE Spirits Within was better than Advent Children and Kingsglaive

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Oh, shit, a Malboro has inflicted Confuse on Zavian.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Succession was amazing

I should sleep

poo
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    FF7: remake is great and also very horny but in a very charming sort of way

I have to credit Square Enix: they really knew what fans actually wanted out of an FF7 remake

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    emnmnme wrote: »

Oh, shit, a Malboro has inflicted Confuse on Zavian.

It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!
    2b924105eb7a6dc0193cdcec7633f5f7.jpg

Zavian on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Lots of people say FF7 is horny, but the question is, is it horny enough?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    P10 wrote: »
    i can't believe you haven't played final fantasy 10 and also that you rate 12 over 9

I played X but didn't get far enough past the prologue to form an opinion. I didn't feel like I had anything to orient myself in the world and I wasn't immediately gripped by any of the characters or situations. But I don't want to say it's bad because that would be really rude of me having only played a few hours.

I liked a lot of 12 very much, I just think it ran out of gas after the second act, but it's hardly alone in that department; I liked a lot of 9 very much too, I don't think 9 is a bad game and I do want to revisit it someday, since I never finished it (I put about 70 hours into not finishing it, though, so I am a lot more confident on my feelings). But I did think it tried very hard to be charming in a way that sometimes worked and sometimes felt kind of cloying.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

This problem will be thoroughly solved once they release the PC version, I assure you

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i can't believe you haven't played final fantasy 10 and also that you rate 12 over 9

I played X but didn't get far enough past the prologue to form an opinion. I didn't feel like I had anything to orient myself in the world and I wasn't immediately gripped by any of the characters or situations. But I don't want to say it's bad because that would be really rude of me having only played a few hours.

I liked a lot of 12 very much, I just think it ran out of gas after the second act, but it's hardly alone in that department; I liked a lot of 9 very much too, I don't think 9 is a bad game and I do want to revisit it someday, since I never finished it (I put about 70 hours into not finishing it, though, so I am a lot more confident on my feelings). But I did think it tried very hard to be charming in a way that sometimes worked and sometimes felt kind of cloying.

jacob please, my Vivi.... he's very sick.....

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »

This problem will be thoroughly solved once they release the PC version, I assure you

butt floss costume mods are already being made as we speak

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    YouTube keeps seeming to be side-balling in right-wing video recommendations again. Gotta drive that engagement number.

• Options

well, Aerith and Tifa could have flirted a bit more...

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    how long until the first Final Fantasy QTE graphic sex scene

my money is on Final Fantasy XXX

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Driving home, due to the storm and super low clouds, there was SO MUCH light pollution. Like I could walk around outside levels of brightness out in the country, if it weren't raining. I also wonder if the moon contributed.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    'Sup witches...

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy talk is timely. I just remembered I was at the end of FF2. Kain has all dragoon gear from weapon to glove, ditto with Cecil and crystal. Theres some other people on the team, too.

Can Zemus and his 2 final forms beat a berserk spell and nuke? Nope. He dead.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    @arch https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8yp5Ao9/

He brought up a good point, why don't we call them all Moths?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Jokery aside I actually think the flirtiness of the cast in 7R is used in an interesting way. The main good guys are all like early 20s and they actually kinda act like it, they're kinda brash and horny and short-sighted and just very, like, normal. They're not bored promised children sitting in their lame village, unsatisfied with their life and desiring adventure, they're pretty happy doing their own shit. So facing off against the Shinra company isn't framed as going off on an adventure, it's not like a goal for them. Shinra's instead an intrusion upon their lives, and even when they're fighting against them they're still trying to grab as much normality as they can, like going on a mission and then still going drinking and partying when they get back. And when one of them dies on a mission their life is forever interrupted, instead of just being random revolutionaries who only show up to get shot to let us know the baddies are bad.

And of course then there's Cloud who's like utterly unable to navigate having normal interactions or flirting or any of that, and the game gets a lot of humor out of everyone else teasing him through relentless flirting. But also after a while you and the other characters are like, well hold up this dude's a lot more than just awkward, he's just plain damaged and doesn't actually know what's going on a lot of the time.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Final Fantasy talk is timely. I just remembered I was at the end of FF2. Kain has all dragoon gear from weapon to glove, ditto with Cecil and crystal. Theres some other people on the team, too.

Ain't that FFIV? I know the numbers got fucky for the US, but I thought they went like, the other way, IV was VI or something?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    HOT TAKE Ork teck is far beyond human technology
    60726371_345479529486324_3064434143216533504_n.png

• Options
    Since I just trashed Zeromus ill move on the the next best FF per Kosh:

oeajcdk4mi7d.jpg

• Options

Ain't that FFIV? I know the numbers got fucky for the US, but I thought they went like, the other way, IV was VI or something?

I know they changed numbers on the remakes, but its in my hand and called Final Fantasy II

crikqxp161zf.jpg

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    So FF7R is horny and therefore I should play it?

sure, okay

• Options
    i'm glad we all agree on the best FF
    61F+l4rr3xL._SY445_.jpg

• Options
    I like how FF14 doesn't really do the like blasted hellscape with lava thing that is such an RPG trope in high level areas. Even when you go to somewhere post-apocalyptic there's still lots of random greenery and animals and it's just like, picturesque ruins.

I think I've only seen lava once, and that was because it was a volcanic island that had active magma flow. But it was also bright and sunny and the lava was running into the sea and making big steam clouds, it was very pretty.

• Options

we need to ban roman numerals

roman numerals have had it II good for II long

• Options
    Shit I forgot Chrono was the silentest of silent protags.

• Options
    Damn the Milennial Fair. I'm too old to fit in!

• Options
    HOT TAKE why is the millenium falcon always filled with boomers

• Options

1WE9XyP.png

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Goose I'm jelly of your vintage SNES there.

Good job.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    'Sup witches...

I’m a manwitch

fldnlfcr5d8y.jpeg

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    'Sup witches...

I’m a manwitch

fldnlfcr5d8y.jpeg

You are indeed delicious to white men sir.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I like how FF14 doesn't really do the like blasted hellscape with lava thing that is such an RPG trope in high level areas. Even when you go to somewhere post-apocalyptic there's still lots of random greenery and animals and it's just like, picturesque ruins.

I think I've only seen lava once, and that was because it was a volcanic island that had active magma flow. But it was also bright and sunny and the lava was running into the sea and making big steam clouds, it was very pretty.

There's definitely a raid in FFXIV that has lava and the OG high level area was pretty desolate but it's been far too long for me to remember the names of any of this

I guess also I have no idea if those still exist at this point

• Options

Boomer_Raptor_Pilot.jpg

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I was going to ask whether or not FFIX has the protag headbutt anybody, but apparently it was released in 2000 and Zinedine's headbutt wasn't until 2006. Which is a shame, to say the least.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    I was going to ask whether or not FFIX has the protag headbutt anybody, but apparently it was released in 2000 and Zinedine's headbutt wasn't until 2006. Which is a shame, to say the least.

bon aniversere

• Options
    c30fe449d9ef01a6559599c6b7a2e5ba.jpg

This discussion has been closed.