Options

Here are some cool [Wrestling] moves.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Sometime pre-November 1st, pwtees had a massive credit card breach that they apparently waited over a month to notify customers about it and then did so by snail mail, presumably so they’d have one last lucrative Holiday shopping season before their entire fucking company goes under from the controversy

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    So on RAW Vince McMahon made a joke about how much he loves to fire people before the holidays.

Tune in next week when he gargles out a joke about where he was on the night of July 16th 1986.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Sometime pre-November 1st, pwtees had a massive credit card breach that they apparently waited over a month to notify customers about it and then did so by snail mail, presumably so they’d have one last lucrative Holiday shopping season before their entire fucking company goes under from the controversy

I don't have faith in the wrestling community to stop using a company just because they're terrible. Hopefully this combined with the poor quality of the shirts, and the terrible customer service this will kill PWTees.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Still a few hours left to get your vote in for the Yano vs Kanemaru match. Kanemaru (whiskey) is currently leading in both the English and Japanese polls.

• Options
    Despite always rooting for Yano in those matches I don't think I ever choose his options in those polls.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    While I like good sake, I can't imagine drinking sake during a wrestling match and depending on how it was prepared, I estimate it would bring you to vomit-town during a wrestling match a hell of a lot faster than whiskey.

I'd still vote for sake though because then they don't have to add food coloring to the water they're undoubtedly drinking.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Supposedly they're doing this match in 2-minute rounds, which seems like a long time. The other ones I've seen are usually 30-second rounds. Should be interesting either way.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    What's going on? I fucking hate twitter, I try and dig in and try to understand and then there's deleted accounts and posts and I can't fucking follow.

Here's what I have got:

Ogogo is being mean
    Gresham is mad about it
    Jordynne Grace (Gresham's wife) said some things that got a lot of other wrestlers to laugh at and support, and then she deleted her account

I have no idea whether I should care about this or be mad at someone or if we should chuck all 3 into the ocean or what.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    What's going on? I fucking hate twitter, I try and dig in and try to understand and then there's deleted accounts and posts and I can't fucking follow.

Here's what I have got:

Ogogo is being mean
    Gresham is mad about it
    Jordynne Grace (Gresham's wife) said some things that got a lot of other wrestlers to laugh at and support, and then she deleted her account

I have no idea whether I should care about this or be mad at someone or if we should chuck all 3 into the ocean or what.

What I saw of it was about how its not cool to make fun of short people about Gresham and then probably people mocking Ogogo for not being aware of the larger wrestling world where Jordynne Grace is a big deal.

• Options
    edited December 2021

Here's what I have got:

Ogogo is being mean
    Gresham is mad about it

Ogogo is trying to work a nonexistant angle

but the tldr is Ogogo dismisses Gersham cause of his height, Jordynne went wtf why is height shaming ok? Jordynne gets harassed so she left Twitter.

People wondering is this is some kind of an angle but its not its just Ogogo being a moron.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Ogogo vs Gresham doesn't really bother me. Gresham is a far better wrestler than most and I relish the idea of him being at any of the 3-letter companies and getting paid. I'd rather see him at AEW than absorbing another WWE dropout.

Jordynne Grace getting harrassed anywhere is fucking infuriating, as it is very easy to guess what form that took.

• Options
    Ogogo vs Gresham doesn't really bother me. Gresham is a far better wrestler than most and I relish the idea of him being at any of the 3-letter companies and getting paid. I'd rather see him at AEW than absorbing another WWE dropout.

Jordynne Grace getting harrassed anywhere is fucking infuriating, as it is very easy to guess what form that took.

I think Gresham is staying in whatever form the reborn RoH is going to take since he's defending the belt around the indies. I'm hoping he shows up in AEW as the two matches he called out as title defenses he wants are against Punk and Danielson which makes sense for the RoH title and him vs. Danielson would fucking rule.

• Options
    Gresham and Danielson makes me drool just typing it out.

I've literally only watched him wrestle twice, as I've never watched RoH, but it was very apparent very quickly from those 2 matches that he's very fucking good at his job.

(one of those matches was a best-of-3 with Orange Cassidy, which was also when I found out how goddamn fast Cassidy can move)

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    It feels very much like with RoH not having national tv there is going to be direct working relationship between AEW and RoH with a lot of talent exchange.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    I really like the idea of RoH matches taking place in other promotions here and there.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I think working this sort of Twitter angle is fine and good. But you need to make sure the other person(s) involved know you’re doing it and work out what the limits are beforehand.

• Options
    I really like the idea of RoH matches taking place in other promotions here and there.

The only problem I see with the Punk and Danielson defenses happening are that both of them are undefeated and aren't wrestling elsewhere so I can't see AEW letting either of them have their first loss be to a non-contracted wrestler. Although they should have thrown money at Gresham to get him to sign when RoH released everybody and should keep trying to sign him.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

The only problem I see with the Punk and Danielson defenses happening are that both of them are undefeated and aren't wrestling elsewhere so I can't see AEW letting either of them have their first loss be to a non-contracted wrestler. Although they should have thrown money at Gresham to get him to sign when RoH released everybody and should keep trying to sign him.

Let’s go for the gusto, give Danielson a record that’s more draws than wins.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    and aren't wrestling elsewhere

The only thing that could get me interested in/watching New Japan for the first time in...over a calendar year now??? would be if Danielson was Shibata's challenger at the Dome

• Options
    and aren't wrestling elsewhere

The only thing that could get me interested in/watching New Japan for the first time in...over a calendar year now??? would be if Danielson was Shibata's challenger at the Dome

That would be the coolest thing and I'm trying to temper my hype for his opponent to not be underwhelmed.

• Options
    Unless he got a visa and is already in Japan for his 2 week quarantine he’s not showing up

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Any word on Ibushi's injury and when he's expected to return? He's not announced for any of the Wrestle Kingdom shows.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/Kva-_JA4c3Y

Why would you take a bump like that? There's so much that could go wrong.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    A tale in two tweets

Fightful wrote:
    [Monday Raw] "I should fire you. I enjoy firing people." - Vince McMahon

[Today] Vince McMahon is not interested in applying "no cut" clauses to WWE contracts, Fightful Select has learned.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Not surprising. Why would that fucker want to bind himself like that. Then he can’t get his jollies firing people.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Willow Nightingale rules so hard.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    I want Willow to have a run in TJPW so bad. She would fit like a glove with her bright personality and charm, plus as a powerhouse she'd have a lot of fun match possibilities.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    If your answer to the question "who's had the best year?" is not Matt Cardona then what are you even doing

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options

TK to Jeff:

• Options
    I do appreciate that AEW's official social media presence being just flat out confusing is canon.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Finally got around to watching last week's Dynamite and jesus fuck, Dante Martin is goddamned unreal.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I do appreciate that AEW's official social media presence being just flat out confusing is canon.

Id love someone to be able to sitdown with TK and kind of get his read on how much of AEW has benefited from memes and internet shitposting but that dude's interviews are always overly long ramble fests I don't think I would get satisfying answers out of him.

• Options
    PWInsider.com has learned from multiple sources that coming out of this past weekend's loop of WWE live events and TV tapings, a number of talents and staff were feeling run down and some have since tested positive for COVID-19, while others who were feeling sick are still waiting for their test results to return.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The return of THUNDERDOME is upon us.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    IS now a good time to mention that daily new Covid cases have quadrupled in a week in Florida?

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

Yeah Thunderdome (likely at The Trop) and Daily's Place are probably being fast tracked for occupancy

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

Yeah Thunderdome (likely at The Trop) and Daily's Place are probably being fast tracked for occupancy

You think much too highly of the government if you think they're actually going to do a lockdown again.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Brodie figure is finally coming. Comes with the TNT belt.
    Looks great imo

This discussion has been closed.