Options

Here are some cool [Wrestling] moves.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

If this guy ain't working me I will shit myself if he shows up at Revolution.

Hey KENTA come fight some monsters at Kaiju you coward!

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Lotta stuff coming out from under that ring, where's Danhausen?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »

Only 3% spawn rate. Bad rng

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Hager really needs to stop skipping leg day.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Kanden wrote: »

Only 3% spawn rate. Bad rng

I saw someone say that the AEW game needs to have a random effect where when reaching for a weapon Danhausen may be under there and I want it so bad

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Hager really needs to stop skipping leg day.

Or he could just start skipping Dynamite day, for me

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Jake Atlas tore his ACL in his match with Adam Cole, his surgery for it was yesterday and was successful and he's looking forward to coming back to wrestling.

• Options
    man... that darby/sammy match was really fantastic...

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    It looks like Sammy tore a muscle, his left leg looks weird.

I half think it was a shadow or other lighting thing, but it looked really red right above his knee. He sure was talking to Darby a lot while they were on the ground at the end there.

• Options
    It looked a lot like when HHH tore his quad, but I'm no doctor so I could be wrong

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    #CEROMIEDO
    Needs to be said…
    We strongly believe in freedom of speech, for everyone in every nation in every corner of the world. That being said, here’s us exercising ours:
    If you have any problems with people from the LBTGQ community, if you go to wrestling shows to shout racial puns or racial insults at wrestlers, if you mock people on the path of substance recovery, if you insult women on the internet or in their face, if trans people make you feel insecure, if you don’t understand that this amazing, beautiful sport is at is core, its essence, its heart, FUN, we want none of your business or your money. Seriously. ✌🏼

Penta says trans rights.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Daniel Bryan vs Lee Moriarty included some very impressive and athletic wrestle-fucking.

• Options
    It was so cool that the crowd started cheering Moriarty and booing Danielson. Cocky dickhead Bryan is the best.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    credit to PROFESSOR BEEF over at Resetera for this
    TONY KHAN GAVE CODY A WATCH, KICKED HIM IN THE BUTT, AND SAID "hey a former WWE guy took your place daddy"

THAT'S HARD TIMES

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    WWE fired Carlos Cabrera after 29 years in the company https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/carlos-cabrera-released-wwe

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    WWE fired Carlos Cabrera after 29 years in the company https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/carlos-cabrera-released-wwe

Need to clear some money off the books for Cody's pyro.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I'm not familiar enough with the AEW intro but who did they replace Cody with?

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular

It felt like no one. The intro seemed much shorter.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    So it's basically just Cody got too big for his britches. Disappointing.

Maybe, lots of female AEW stars are responding to that article on Twitter to say that Brandi was lovely to work with, so it could all be clickbait. Or maybe she was cliquey and just awful with certain people.

I didn't say anything about Brandi here. And I'm not gonna even attempt to. The way women are treated in this business (and, y'know, the world in general) is very bad and I'm certain that there is a no chance that criticisms leveled at her are all completely unrelated to the fact that she's a female POC with a position of power in a big company.

I'm not saying that all criticisms are about that, but there's no way that it's not a factor in a lot of them, probably in ways I'd never be able to recognize due to my privilege.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I will just say a CONSIDERABLE number of talents has spoken up and said the Brandi narrative in all of this is and was utter bullshit. Hate the character if you like, but the person seems to be pretty good.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    So it's basically just Cody got too big for his britches. Disappointing.

Maybe, lots of female AEW stars are responding to that article on Twitter to say that Brandi was lovely to work with, so it could all be clickbait. Or maybe she was cliquey and just awful with certain people.

I didn't say anything about Brandi here. And I'm not gonna even attempt to. The way women are treated in this business (and, y'know, the world in general) is very bad and I'm certain that there is a no chance that criticisms leveled at her are all completely unrelated to the fact that she's a female POC with a position of power in a big company.

I'm not saying that all criticisms are about that, but there's no way that it's not a factor in a lot of them, probably in ways I'd never be able to recognize due to my privilege.

Right, but if the shit about Brandi is all bullshit then I don't know why we trust these wrestling insiders on what was going on with Cody either.

Or, to be frank, I don't know why we listen to wrestling insiders.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'll say something about Brandi - I really liked the YouTube show she had where she had wrestlers in her kitchen.

• Options
    After the fire table spot I was really hoping they'd go Lady Macbeth with Brandi. Just have her keep insisting on dangerous spots for Cody, or making the spots more dangerous for no reason.

She's not a good wrestler, and her promos always come off mean-spirited instead of tough. So just lean into it. Have her declare how much she loves and supports Cody while the fans roll their eyes and hate her for it. Then have her keep fucking up matches by throwing weapons into the ring, but not even directly to Cody so he can grab them first.

• Options
    i didnt mind brandi she just needed a writer. this thing where the rhodes insist on crafting their own stories clearly did not work for them ultimately, and brandi really could have gone any direction and nobody would have questioned it i dont think

of all this gossip stuff the thing i am most surprised to learn is that apparently TK is their only writer and there is no way he has enough time to do everything. i get that there's value to wrestlers doing their own thing but like.. i mean at least make a writer *available* incase someone wants to use one!

• Options
    i didnt mind brandi she just needed a writer. this thing where the rhodes insist on crafting their own stories clearly did not work for them ultimately, and brandi really could have gone any direction and nobody would have questioned it i dont think

of all this gossip stuff the thing i am most surprised to learn is that apparently TK is their only writer and there is no way he has enough time to do everything. i get that there's value to wrestlers doing their own thing but like.. i mean at least make a writer *available* incase someone wants to use one!

This was one of the major things Swole brought up after leaving the company, and others like Jack Evans and Angelico have talked about it as well. Unless you're one of the wrestlers that Tony Khan takes a personal interest in, it's basically all on everyone to come up with character arcs and stories to pitch to him and hope something sticks. Which is difficult for a lot of folks who may be great performers but need some kind of guidance to help form their ideas. And I imagine it's significantly more difficult for those with limited English.

• Options

This was one of the major things Swole brought up after leaving the company, and others like Jack Evans and Angelico have talked about it as well. Unless you're one of the wrestlers that Tony Khan takes a personal interest in, it's basically all on everyone to come up with character arcs and stories to pitch to him and hope something sticks. Which is difficult for a lot of folks who may be great performers but need some kind of guidance to help form their ideas. And I imagine it's significantly more difficult for those with limited English.

And the booking reflects that. And it looks like how I would play a EWR game. Swole had her feud with Britt and when the feud is ended Britt is more over and goes on to her next feud and Swole is just kind of there without anything to do. Miro was fucking nothing for a while after coming over until he figure out his attitude and became a god loving wife guy who murders people. Daniel Garcia is a heel with the right overness to look strong against all the big name guys and have a match with them, but never really wins, but you book a show and forget who this face should fight and he's right there and then maybe I'll make a mini-feud out of it for somebody to have between bigger stuff.

Garcia and 2.0 kind of disappeared from feuding with Kingston so that he can feud with Jericho now.

• Options

And the booking reflects that. And it looks like how I would play a EWR game. Swole had her feud with Britt and when the feud is ended Britt is more over and goes on to her next feud and Swole is just kind of there without anything to do. Miro was fucking nothing for a while after coming over until he figure out his attitude and became a god loving wife guy who murders people. Daniel Garcia is a heel with the right overness to look strong against all the big name guys and have a match with them, but never really wins, but you book a show and forget who this face should fight and he's right there and then maybe I'll make a mini-feud out of it for somebody to have between bigger stuff.

Garcia and 2.0 kind of disappeared from feuding with Kingston so that he can feud with Jericho now.

It sounds like the sort of environment that would benefit a very specific kind of creative and assertive person while putting many others at a disadvantage.

I also have to wonder how many wrestlers being brought onto the roster have the kind of know-how to develop and pitch on-going stories. So many indie shows these days are essentially "have a banger, cut a respect promo if you're a vet, leave" that they may have zero experience in that.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

It felt like no one. The intro seemed much shorter.

I don’t know how it was broadcast, but on the app the Dynamite intro was the same length.

The half-second where Brandi appears was replaced with Powerhouse Hobbs, and the Cody half-second was replaced with Knights Kings of the Black Throne.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

There was one a month or so ago that said "Remaster Flimbo's Quest"

This is Flimbo's Quest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIEt80ueMYY

The questions I had

Also, Melissa Joan Hart is a random celeb indeed.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

GameChangerWrestling
    @GCWrestling_
    *BREAKING*

MINORU SUZUKI returns to GCW for 5 big shows starting at The Collective in Dallas!

3/31: Dallas
    Josh Barnett's Bloodsport

4/1: Dallas
    Joey Janela's Spring Break 6

4/9: Los Angeles
    4/10: San Francisco
    4/23: Detroit

Tickets and additional info coming soon!
    “The Bad Boy” Joey Janela
    @JANELABABY
    Guys I know you want to see that match, I did too!

It’s not happening & it has nothing to do with me, I don’t wanna get your hopes up! Stop bothering me about it!

Anyways glad to finally have The legend Suzuki at Spring Break!

LFG!

I assume Janela means that Orange Cassidy vs. Suzuki isn't actually happening :(

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    hell yeah kairi!!

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Gim wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »

There was one a month or so ago that said "Remaster Flimbo's Quest"

This is Flimbo's Quest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIEt80ueMYY

The questions I had

Also, Melissa Joan Hart is a random celeb indeed.

BTW if you guys aren't watching Botchamania on youtube, they show a ton of signs like these at events, every week. It's nuts.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

It sounds like the sort of environment that would benefit a very specific kind of creative and assertive person while putting many others at a disadvantage.

I also have to wonder how many wrestlers being brought onto the roster have the kind of know-how to develop and pitch on-going stories. So many indie shows these days are essentially "have a banger, cut a respect promo if you're a vet, leave" that they may have zero experience in that.

They certainly have gone as far in the opposite direction of WWE creative as you can possibly go. I like the AEW approach more, but they for sure could use a safety net for the folks who are players instead of DM's. Wouldn't be that hard to have some of the more creative types actively working with the ones who are more performer leaning to get everyone compelling stories.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

Right, but if the shit about Brandi is all bullshit then I don't know why we trust these wrestling insiders on what was going on with Cody either.

Or, to be frank, I don't know why we listen to wrestling insiders.

Enthusiast press, in general, all seem to be terrible....but wrestling enthusiast press seem hands down to be the worst of all enthusiast press.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
This discussion has been closed.