Options

Here are some cool [Wrestling] moves.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Cody took a pic with a fan at a Polish airport today, so I'm just going to preemptively say "lmao fuck off" if he comes back and his first show is the Saudi blood money show tomorrow

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »

Right, but if the shit about Brandi is all bullshit then I don't know why we trust these wrestling insiders on what was going on with Cody either.

Or, to be frank, I don't know why we listen to wrestling insiders.

Enthusiast press, in general, all seem to be terrible....but wrestling enthusiast press seem hands down to be the worst of all enthusiast press.

The real problem with wrestling press is that the sources are the wrestlers themselves and they are largely lying conmen focused on putting themselves over. I didn't think AEW had that kind of structure like exists in WWE with all the guys who came up in the 80s, but none of the 'reporters' know or care to read between the lines of what they are told to what the truth of the statements are.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    It looks like Sammy tore a muscle, his left leg looks weird.

I half think it was a shadow or other lighting thing, but it looked really red right above his knee. He sure was talking to Darby a lot while they were on the ground at the end there.

This makes me wonder what the plan for the TNT belt was going into Revolution, and how/if that will change (if Sammy actually is hurt, haven’t seen any updates on him yet).

Like, is it gonna be triple threat with Darby and El Idolo, even though the tag belts will also be triple threat (with Redragon and Bucks?)

What I absolutely don’t want to see is a repeat of Scorpio’s situation last year where whoever wins the Face of the Revolution match then eats shit the very next Dynamite.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i feel strongly that they have to pay all this wardlow stuff off sometime this century

so wardlow will win the ladder match and that will kick off the whole contract thing with MJF

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

I half think it was a shadow or other lighting thing, but it looked really red right above his knee. He sure was talking to Darby a lot while they were on the ground at the end there.

This makes me wonder what the plan for the TNT belt was going into Revolution, and how/if that will change (if Sammy actually is hurt, haven’t seen any updates on him yet).

Like, is it gonna be triple threat with Darby and El Idolo, even though the tag belts will also be triple threat (with Redragon and Bucks?)

What I absolutely don’t want to see is a repeat of Scorpio’s situation last year where whoever wins the Face of the Revolution match then eats shit the very next Dynamite.

I am inclined to say Sammy is ok, there has been nothing even hinting at an injury since the close of the show. My money is on a second triple threat and I like Andrade to win it. They have some stuff to do with Sammy yet in the inner circle break up. There is a story simmering between Andrade and Darby already the belt could really raise the stakes there. I think Wardlow is going to win the ladder match and he and MJF will keep each other away from belts for a while.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    At a certain point they have to have Andrade do something other than lose to Cody Rhodes and fuck with other people's matches.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    It is difficult though, the roster is just so stacked I don't know how you give everyone a fair share even without 20 minute Cody matches with promos.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

I say we lean into it. Sammy drops the title like Cody. New interim champion is crowned. Whenever Sammy comes back they have a match to unify the championship.

Winner gets 3 belts.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Andrade has entered The Brian Cage Vortex(tm)

like Lance Archer, Andrade should just be fucking people up every other week and putting on a great show... but they really don't like doing that for some reason

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Not exactly a major surprise here but still

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Andrade has entered The Brian Cage Vortex(tm)

like Lance Archer, Andrade should just be fucking people up every other week and putting on a great show... but they really don't like doing that for some reason

Andrade’s on tv every week. Brian Cage has been completely absent for months. These situations aren’t the same at all.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

Oh wow so the one thing that sounded interesting also is underwhelming. Bummer.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I dare say WWE '13 (the last WWE game I played) had a better GM mode. You could create championships and belts and put them on the line at any point. What the fuck?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    The Hardyz announce the start of their indie reunion run

Against Brian Myers & Matt Cardona, nZo & W Morrissey, Matt Taven & Mike Kanellis, and possibly the Briscoes

• Options
    I hope SAT beat the Briscoes because Hardyz vs SAT would be interesting, unlike those other matches.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The Hardyz announce the start of their indie reunion run

Against Brian Myers & Matt Cardona, nZo & W Morrissey, Matt Taven & Mike Kanellis, and possibly the Briscoes

I've never been to a wrestling show before but holy shit that Major Bros. vs. Hardy Boyz match might be my first

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Still just bummed that NZO is a thing still
    Cody took a pic with a fan at a Polish airport today, so I'm just going to preemptively say "lmao fuck off" if he comes back and his first show is the Saudi blood money show tomorrow

Cody heard “blood” and was like “well that’s my show!”

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    He's going to solve the crisis in Ukraine, obviously.

Speaking of AEW being too glutted / not the land of opportunity due to the glut, Miro's not injured anymore, right?

Where's Kazarian?

Sky is occasionally with Lambert? I guess he's not going to be pushed?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    My guess is that Miro winds up in the ladder match. Kazarian shows up on Dark, he’s entering the “here to look good putting over young dudes” phase of his career. Sky is part of the Men of the Year with Ethan Page, they’re doing good midcard heel team work.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Could really use some zorak blinking noises.

• Options
    candicelerae
    Verified
    Welcome to Earth, Quill. ✨💕

of COURSE they named their kid after star-lord

• Options
  • Options
    Someone tried to shade Jade for a previous outfit looking like the Riddler's so she had this outfit made to roll with it because she actually liked the design.

• Options
    Wato and Tagucji won the Junior tag titles to become the 69th champs.

Love a commitment to a bit.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Kenny Omega joined Dave for a podcast and the subject of Cody inevitably came up. Kenny's thoughts:

Cody leaving took him by surprise just like everyone else
    He doesn't believe it was because of money so much as what AEW is today isn't necessarily what he wanted it to be; right now it's emphatically Tony's show more than anyone else's. And at the end of the day if you're unhappy with where you are and with where you were/where you're going to be, may as well take who'll pay most now; he obviously wants to do other things outside of just wrestling and it would help him afford to expand that if he wants to
    Their professional relationship was great but they weren't the types to catch up over a Pepsi
    Cody seemed obsessed with WWE; he was the only EVP to outright call AEW competition to WWE, not an alternative. He wanted to "go to war". The rest goofed off, made jokes (and still do about both companies) like they did before AEW because this is wrestling and none of this shit's that serious
    “And all I can say is that whatever he decides to do, I heard he’s on a flight to Saudi Arabia – so if that makes him happy, that makes him happy.”

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Sammy scratched his cornea on Thursday. Sounds like knee injury was a work, but he really did have something, hence the extra side convo at the end etc.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Sounds like EC was a shitshow, as expected

• Options
    edited February 2022
    :D Brock is champion again, hilarious. Dethroned every black universal champion they've had. Guess that part doesn't give him anxiety. And Lashley wasn't even in the match!

It's sad when people were predicting this title for title at Mania months ago as well.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    Brock also defeated the The Rock so he’s beaten every black champ they’ve had

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Its a two night mania you could have had Brock win at night 1 against Lashley then face Roman. Can't believe Lashley got taken out by some shit people have recovered from before to lose his fucking belt.

Sad Cody didn't show up, its why I kept checking the show.

• Options
    looking up the results
    lmfao Brock eliminated everyone except for Lashley, who never entered the match because Seth and Austin Theory destroyed his pod holy shit this is bad

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    :D Brock is champion again, hilarious. Dethroned every black universal champion they've had. Guess that part doesn't give him anxiety. And Lashley wasn't even in the match!

It's sad when people were predicting this title for title at Mania months ago as well.

The sentence "Of the four black men who were a WWE champion in the entire 21st century, Brock Lesnar has taken the title off all of them in 180 days or less" is 100% factual, and also a challenge as to where to begin with the worse part of that sentence

• Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Brock also defeated the The Rock so he’s beaten every black champ they’ve had

Is there a way to denote a sarcastic use of the awesome button?

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Technically there’s still Booker and Henry, but a lot of people don’t count them because they held the World Heavyweight Championship instead of the WWE Championship.

• Options
    Brock squashing the whole roster in seconds every time a match actually somewhat matters is the one consistent booking decision they make

This discussion has been closed.