As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I always just used battle leves to grind out crystal sand, especially after they upped the drop rate of amber vilekin. Open chests, abandon leve, reset leve, repeat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    So I'm currently playing the free trial and was enjoying it quite a bit until I got to level ~45 of the MSQ, Mor Dhona, and just bounced off after the questline had me run back and forth between a fort and town 4 times in a row(and I'm sure theres more times coming since business there isn't concluded). Does this get better or is this going to be normal for the higher level quests? I mean they canonically gave me a linkshell so they could talk to me anywhere in the world, why is everyone so obsessed with in-person talks.

In the meantime I've been leveling up my archer job and I'm still enjoying the lower level content. Though oddly I think I'm getting more commendations on my archer than I did on my warrior.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Polaritie wrote: »
    The umbrite is a painful amount of poetics. The sand though is a trivial amount of crafter/gatherer scrip - two batches of your weekly deliveries is more than enough.

Yeah, I don't even know how to get those.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    The umbrite is a painful amount of poetics. The sand though is a trivial amount of crafter/gatherer scrip - two batches of your weekly deliveries is more than enough.

If you don't have a leveled crafter or gatherer, then don't bother, you need that. If you do, you should definitely look into getting Yellow and White scrips because they're both really useful.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Last Son wrote: »
    Does this get better or is this going to be normal for the higher level quests?
    This is mostly an artifact of the original A Realm Reborn and isn't as prominent in expansion content.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Does this get better or is this going to be normal for the higher level quests?
    This is mostly an artifact of the original A Realm Reborn and isn't as prominent in expansion content.

9cjy9xz8lqbe.png
    kime wrote: »

If you don't have a leveled crafter or gatherer, then don't bother, you need that. If you do, you should definitely look into getting Yellow and White scrips because they're both really useful.

Working on it!

18cb4ljq74y8.png

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    So I'm currently playing the free trial and was enjoying it quite a bit until I got to level ~45 of the MSQ, Mor Dhona, and just bounced off after the questline had me run back and forth between a fort and town 4 times in a row(and I'm sure theres more times coming since business there isn't concluded). Does this get better or is this going to be normal for the higher level quests? I mean they canonically gave me a linkshell so they could talk to me anywhere in the world, why is everyone so obsessed with in-person talks.

In the meantime I've been leveling up my archer job and I'm still enjoying the lower level content. Though oddly I think I'm getting more commendations on my archer than I did on my warrior.

Nope, that's basically the MSQ until you hit Heavensward. Yes, it sucks a lot.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Endwalker glam complete.
    hDkIeQ2.png

Decided to go with a themed look, with the conditions that it include at least one piece of gear from the end-game raids or relic questlines for ARR and each expansion, as well as at least one piece of job-specific armor.

ARR for the chest, Heavensward for the boots (and pants), Stormblood relic for the weapon, Shadowbringers for the hat, and the gloves for the job-specific gear.

I was surprised at how well it came together.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    which rapier is that?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    which rapier is that?

Murgleis Anemos (Eureka relic)

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Pure White sell for a little more I think

Yet to see any. Will live in hope.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Decided to pop back into this game after a 4 year break. But, every time I try to login to the launcher I get an error message "The password entered is invalid". I can login to the Mog station fine, as I had to redo my subscription. But the launcher hates me. I'm not finding any solutions online and support just tells me to reset my password, which I already did several times.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Decided to pop back into this game after a 4 year break. But, every time I try to login to the launcher I get an error message "The password entered is invalid". I can login to the Mog station fine, as I had to redo my subscription. But the launcher hates me. I'm not finding any solutions online and support just tells me to reset my password, which I already did several times.

Hmmmmm... is it a fresh install of the game/launcher? Do you have an authenticator added?

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

Hmmmmm... is it a fresh install of the game/launcher? Do you have an authenticator added?

Fresh install and yes to the OTP and I've got the numbers working fine as I had to use it on the Mog station thing. I'm seeing people saying there are 2 accounts? SQE account and a FFXIV account? Is that still a thing as I can't seem to find a FFXIV account information.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    if you logged into the mogstation to set up your account and subscription that should be the correct login, the square enix store where you actually buy the game and expansions does have a separate account system but that doesn't sound like the problem you're having, probably?

which version of the game do you have licenses for, the steam version or the standalone PC version?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    when zadnor was hot black/white dye was down to about 300k, not sure what it is now. I quit sending my retainers out though, got tired of throwing out all the shit. I've got plenty of stuff to unload when EW drops and we start getting new raid tiers and trial weapons

• Options
    Of course now it's telling me to wait several minutes before trying again. Though I've waited about 15 minutes and it still tells me the same thing! Anywho, how bout them Chocobos? I wish I had an idea of where I was in the game when I quit. I know I had hit 50 in Ninja and that's about it. I believe I was in the 2nd expansion.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    if you logged into the mogstation to set up your account and subscription that should be the correct login, the square enix store where you actually buy the game and expansions does have a separate account system but that doesn't sound like the problem you're having, probably?

which version of the game do you have licenses for, the steam version or the standalone PC version?

I've played on PS4 and on stand alone. I double checked my Steam library and I don't have it in there.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Of course now it's telling me to wait several minutes before trying again. Though I've waited about 15 minutes and it still tells me the same thing! Anywho, how bout them Chocobos? I wish I had an idea of where I was in the game when I quit. I know I had hit 50 in Ninja and that's about it. I believe I was in the 2nd expansion.

Heavensward is the first expansion, and it's all about dragons and the frozen north (in Ishgard) and such, and it has a level cap of 60. The second expansion is Stormblood, and it's about your journey to free Ala Mhigo from the empire, during which your travels will also take you to the far east of Doma (level cap of 70).

Any of that sound familiar? :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Make sure all your capital letters are correct.

Make sure the date and the time on your mobile device are correct.

If nothing else works, you may have to reinstall the OTP app.

reVerse on
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

Heavensward is the first expansion, and it's all about dragons and the frozen north (in Ishgard) and such, and it has a level cap of 60. The second expansion is Stormblood, and it's about your journey to free Ala Mhigo from the empire, during which your travels will also take you to the far east of Doma (level cap of 70).

Any of that sound familiar? :D

Yes the freeing of Ala Mhigo sounds familiar.
    reVerse wrote: »
    Make sure all your capital letters are correct.

Make sure the date and the time on your mobile device are correct.

If nothing else works, you may have to reinstall the OTP app.

I have double checked all that info and I had to use my OTP app to login to the Mog Station and it worked there.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    I spent about 1.2M on buying shit for the crystal sand stage for my PLD relic that I could probably have done cheaper, but to be fair I don't really spend money on anything else.

This is probably the easiest way, but likely won’t be an option once EW launches.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Thank you all for your help and suggestions. Is the guild/company/thing active? Also, the problem was something with my OTP after all, as they removed it from my account and I got in easy.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    some folks are in Ghost on Sargatanas, but it's largely a non-PA FC at this point, there's no strongly centralized PA presence in the game

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Someone took the time to explain how each of the camera lighting types worked, in GPose.

This is a really dangerous rabbit hole.

nnqh0mmdvxyx.png

• Options
    even falafal house is defunct

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    some folks are in Ghost on Sargatanas, but it's largely a non-PA FC at this point, there's no strongly centralized PA presence in the game

It's essentially the same story as the penny arcade World of Warcraft presence. Penny arcade just isn't a big enough community anymore to be the majority share of any gaming space.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    "what the fuck's a web forum" -most gamers

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    "what the fuck's a web forum" -most gamers

It's like Reddit, but the mods are way better and they're not trying to push you on crypto.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

It's essentially the same story as the penny arcade World of Warcraft presence. Penny arcade just isn't a big enough community anymore to be the majority share of any gaming space.

The SE WoW guild is doing ok still I think, not at all a big guild though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I like Ghost a lot - and I find that I see our company-mates out in the world (in the big cities or Golden Saucer) often, which is a little wild. Seems more common than I would expect from an FC of a few hundred people.

I generally experience a lot of world chat via the Novice Network, and I can never decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It keeps me from feeling lonely, because the window is scrolling all of the time - but it's also largely distracting nonsense. I dunno.

I'm also on console, so typing is a bit of a pain - other than "Hi all!", "First time," and tyfp/gg.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    FCs don't feel as important as they used to be, or guilds are in wow. I might go without one for a bit since linkshells and discords cover everything

• Options
    I’ve been wanting more social contact while I’m playing for awhile, is there a link shell or discord anyone recommends? My FC is a big one I joined just for the bonuses, and I don’t have any connection with the few people who do chat in it.

• Options
    Been thinking about making a solo FC, anyone done that? At minimum I’d get more storage space.

• Options
    for me one LS/discord is a lalafell specific thing and the other two are discords I joined via pf raiding and stayed in

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    Been thinking about making a solo FC, anyone done that? At minimum I’d get more storage space.

I've seen people shouting for people to sign on long enough to sign the paperwork, so to speak. It's definitely a thing.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Limsa has a really close MB but sometimes I don't enjoy standing in a crowd just to use the MB and check my retainers so I will recall to the FC house and go to the MB/Bell near there.

• Options
    Couldn't this have been for something good-looking?

zfg9blai9tmz.png

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone from here is more than welcome in Ghost in the Linkshell, but like said above, most of the membership grew organically. The FC rules are similar to the forums here, and the leadership mods things fairly well; so it ought to be a close experience. The biggest stumbling block we have as FC leaders is that there is no report to FC leadership button and we can't see logs, so we sometimes have to sleuth out when things are going on that are undesirable.

I also agree that FC's aren't as necessary as they once were. Serious and/or specialty content is more shipped off to Linkshells, so Free Companies are more used just for socialization.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.