Options

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I just spent 1,200 Irregular Tomestones of Lore.
    3bOxxvL.jpg

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Good lord.

How many Prae runs was that?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I imagine 0. That's more like 7 hours of BLU grinding turn 2.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I dunno, I did run some Praetorium earlier for alt-class leveling purposes. but then I decided to get them all powerleveled on blue mage and chain-run T2 for 3 tomestones per minute.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I was doing PvP for a week or two and then someone suggested in FC chat to get check party finder for a Blue Mage T2 farm party. I was able to find a few that had room for non-Blue Mage DPS and over the course of an evening farmed enough for the mounts and jacket. The less Blue Mages the party had the higher than chance of failed runs, understandably, but I'll take a 60% failed runs over hours and hours of PvP. I did finish off my farming in a party where I was the sole non-Blue Mage and it was insane how fast the runs were.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I keep meaning to do that to get the jacket, but no energy for it yet. Maybe when the deadline really begins to loom.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Alright. Let's say I really want that jacket, and I don't have BLU. What's the best way to get 100 mooglestones, and is it doable if I resub in the next week or two

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I've gotten like 93 so far in two weeks just doing roulettes to level a couple jobs 50-60 it seems pretty easy to passively get 100 for a jacket. Just a lot more concerted work to buy out the whole shop

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Alright. Let's say I really want that jacket, and I don't have BLU. What's the best way to get 100 mooglestones, and is it doable if I resub in the next week or two

If you're willing to do MSQ roulette daily you'll have it in 10 days. Endwalker releases December 7th so you'd need to start that soon.

but it's also really easy to grind out the rest of them even if you don't have BLU.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    If you don't have a BLU check the party finder for groups that have slots open for non-BLU's. The more BLU's the better and any less than 3-4 is going to result in a 30-40% failed T2 runs. I got lucky and got into a 7 BLU group that wanted a single BRD/DNC/MCN for the movement speed boost. Runs with them took around 30 seconds.

You can always make a group for yourself and set it to you plus 6 BLU's or at least 3-4 to make sure runs are successful.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    If you can get someone to power level your Blue Mage to 60 (would take about 30 minutes) you could then spend a couple of evenings getting the necessary spells and be able to do a few hours of farm groups.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Daily frontlines roulette is 3/5 and also good rewards otherwise. Rival Wings is active some evenings (it's already died back down sadly from being super active when this started) and has the same payout. Rigging your ilvl and doing alliance roulette can force the 3 tomestones per run there (by only be eligible for the Crystal Tower series).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    If you can get someone to power level your Blue Mage to 60 (would take about 30 minutes) you could then spend a couple of evenings getting the necessary spells and be able to do a few hours of farm groups.

How does one powerlevel a Blue Mage in such a short amount of time?

• Options
    edited November 2021
    You tag a high level mob and then the person with you (but not partied with you) kills it. You get tons of xp. A common place is the beach near Stilltide in Kholusia but would work anywhere.

Evermourn on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Daily frontlines roulette is 3/5 and also good rewards otherwise. Rival Wings is active some evenings (it's already died back down sadly from being super active when this started) and has the same payout. Rigging your ilvl and doing alliance roulette can force the 3 tomestones per run there (by only be eligible for the Crystal Tower series).

you can just queue directly for the crystal tower raids you dont' need to do roulette

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

you can just queue directly for the crystal tower raids you dont' need to do roulette

You don't get the roulette bonuses then (which is a good chunk of xp if you're leveling a class still)

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    You tag a high level mob and then the person with you (but not partied with you) kills it. You get tons of xp. A common place is the beach near Stilltide in Kholusia but would work anywhere.

Blue mages also get a massively boosted amount of xp per kill compared to all the other classes.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Leveling BLU is never the problem, it's getting the right spells that takes a bit of effort. I think BLU is great fun and I love playing mine, but it's not for everyone and getting that spellbook filled with useful stuff takes a bit of effort. Like, the base spells needed for 2nd Coil spam are pretty easy to get, but the auxiliary spells to really get those big numbers going take a bit of effort.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I don't know why Waldo doing the shooting makes it funnier
    zuu818uzikq7.png

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Important update: I have pants now.
    6TBWPQZ.jpg

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Does that make you feel more or less heroic?

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Does that make you feel more or less heroic?

It makes me feel more warm.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Yeah, this is the one I went with because of the beach's well-known status.
    NUqSSnC.jpg

As for the BLU mage spell collection,
    The required kill-the-boss combo:
    Whistle - Dhalmels in Sea of Clouds (16,32)
    Moon Flute - Whalaqee Totem from Ul'dah NPC, clear 10 stages of Masked Carnival
    Final Sting - Killer Wespe in Middle La Noscea (15,15)

Helpful for dealing with adds on the way there:
    Level 5 Death - Page 64, Great Gubal Library (trash mob after 1st boss)
    J Kick - Brute Justice, Alexander - The Burden of the Son
    Missile - Enkidu, Battle in the Big Keep

Spells for helping you learn all of the above:
    Mighty Guard - Whalaqee Totem from Ul'dah NPC, learn any 10 spells
    Basic Instinct - Master Coeurl in Upper La Noscea (9,24)
    (with these two you can solo a lot more things, giving you tank stance on plus increased damage/healing as long as you're alone in there)
    Pom Cure - Furryfoot Kupli Kipp in Thornmarch (Hard)
    Aetherial Mimicry - Ghrah Luminary in Pharos Sirius (Hard) (add during 1st boss fight, pass tether to critter then wait)
    Choco Meteor - Courser Chocobo in The Dravanian Forelands (37,24)

To do the first ten stages of Masked Carnival, all you'll need are a few basic things, here's what I used.

A damage spell of each elemental type:
    * Water - Water Cannon, first BLU spell you're given
    * Fire - Bomb Toss, Goblins in Middle La Noscea (23,21)
    * Ice - The Ram's Voice, Chimera from Cutter's Cry OR Chimera from A Relic Reborn: The Chimera
    * Lightning - Electrogenesis, Conodont in The Sea of Clouds (26,33)
    * Wind - Sonic Boom, Anzu in The Sea of Clouds (25,6)
    * Earth - Plaincracker, Sandstone Golem in Southern Thanalan (24,13)

Sticky Tongue - Laughing Gigantoad in Western Thanalan (15,7)
    Flying Sardine - Apkallu in Eastern La Noscea (27,35)
    Ultravibration - Kongamato in The Peaks (11,25)
    Yeah, it's a bit of a time investment to get there, but once you're kitted out you can acquire 100 mogtomes almost at will over the course of a couple PFs.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Note that you want to currently kill enemies level 70 and under for the big XP. As soon as they hit level 71, the xp falls off drastically, by an order of 100x in some cases.

• Options
    That explains why the beach, as the mobs there are 70. I did wonder, I thought it was so that the 80 powerlevelling you didn’t take too long killing then.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

If you're willing to do MSQ roulette daily you'll have it in 10 days. Endwalker releases December 7th so you'd need to start that soon.

but it's also really easy to grind out the rest of them even if you don't have BLU.

I think it might be going away on the 3rd when early access starts rather than the 7th when "official release" is, it usually goes away with the patch

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I still have to get through ALL of Shadowbringers, so I'm not wishing it away and WILL NOT rush through it, but... I do long for the day that I'm up to date on MSQ and can diversify even more into the million different things that I want to do. It's not the best feeling knowing that I have so far to go to be current - with Endwalker coming soon and extending that length - but at the same time, I'm grateful that I have so much good content ahead of me, of course.

Effed around with my hotbars tonight to prep for Paladin 80 and think I'm in a good spot.

Also watched WeskAlber's "Stop Hoarding! Make Some Money!" tutorial the other night and felt inspired, so I've:
    - GREATLY consolidated my various inventory tabs
    - Been selling the hell out of the many mats that were just taking up page after page, including a lot of near-worthless stuff
    - Been making actual better use of my retainer, finally focusing on getting him leveled
    - (Kinda relatedly, been working on my Squadron)
    - Maintained a full 20/20 on selling at all times.

It may be a pittance to the vets here, but I've gone from typically hanging out at ~1M gil for month after month (most of it courtesy of sugar daddy @Qanamil) to nearly 3M gil in the last week or so. Feels good to be making progress in so many areas at once. And everything is a blast.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I just thoroughly embarrassed myself in FC chat. I noticed my old old old summoner hotbar at minimum UI size in the bottom corner of my screen. Most of it was just to summon egis, (was I using a mouse?) but one was a macro. I clicked it a few times, and nothing seemed to happen.

What really happened, is that in another chat tab, I was warning my FC not to spoil boss names and instead use the instance name.

Repeatedly.

• Options
    I typed up that earlier post in a bit of a rush on my way out the door to work, I forgot one other key component. Have to get Flying Sardine from an Apkallu in Eastern La Noscea (27,35). Running the first 10 stages of Masked Carnivale will require at least one interrupt spell, but it's also a good idea to go pick it up before you start the EXP grind out in Kholusia. It's instant-cast, as opposed to Water Cannon's 2.5 seconds, so it's easier to run along tagging things for your level 80 helper to kill.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Done with Zadnor.
    TLO8n6p.png

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I have been trying PvP the past few days and I think the fact that it is 3 groups instead of 2 like WoW or SW:ToR helps me enjoy the chaos a little more. It seemed like the times I was on a team that had people dedicated to hitting the objectives we saw more success then when everyone wants to just bunch up in the middle and spam skills at each other.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    - Been making actual better use of my retainer, finally focusing on getting him leveled

I should definitely let my retainers out to pasture some time, yes.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »

I should definitely let my retainers out to pasture some time, yes.

Just getting them to max level and let them gather stuff for you to sell is a big source of income when a new patch drops. And other times you can let them chain run Quick Explores and maybe you'll get lucky and get some expensive dye or furniture. It's like an hourly slot machine with them, but with a higher chance of success.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I’ve been playing since 2.0’s launch and I am rarely above 200k Gil.

Totally unrelated I’m sure, my wardrobe is fucking stacked.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    I run 3 level 80 retainers, and about once a week I get jet black dye, that's about 550K. Always a cause for celebration. I've not yet had anything that sells for more.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I spent about 1.2M on buying shit for the crystal sand stage for my PLD relic that I could probably have done cheaper, but to be fair I don't really spend money on anything else.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Pure White sell for a little more I think

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    speaking of Gil I hit a milestone I was hoping to hit before endwalker launched. That is hitting 10 million gil. this is mostly just money to save up for when ishgard housing is available to attempt to get one.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Paladin at 64, 2 retainers getting close to 60 and I finally have enough gil to throw my hat into the ring for a small cottage once Ishgard housing comes out.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    I spent about 1.2M on buying shit for the crystal sand stage for my PLD relic that I could probably have done cheaper, but to be fair I don't really spend money on anything else.

The umbrite is a painful amount of poetics. The sand though is a trivial amount of crafter/gatherer scrip - two batches of your weekly deliveries is more than enough.

This discussion has been closed.