As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Finishing up an aether current side quest and then completely ignoring the follow-up will never not make me giggle. It's always some really pressing thing that the questgiver needs but I'm just like please give me the aether current and go away.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Only issue I've run into with Sage is dotting the group chasing the tank as they're pulling is triggering kardion, which means the next group immediately aggros on me.

Need to get into the habit of dropping the buff and reapplying as we stop I suppose. Being able to shield on the move helps.

A tank should be hitting every mob they pull once. Merely face-aggroing them and then just moving on is bad tanking.

No no, I mean the dots are triggering the kardion heal as the tank is pulling the next group along, not anything currently chasing the tank.

Like, the tank ranged pulls/charges into a group and aoes to grab them, but during that gcd before the aoe goes off the dots tick, kardion heals the tank and everything that wasn't the first mob in that group is now running towards me. It's the same reason people generally don't put renew on a tank during a long pull.

It's not a huge issue, I just run to the tank, but if I can make it smoother then I don't see a reason not to.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Level ~82ish MSQ
    Man Soken really did a great job with the music setting bleak and oppressive tones in Garlemald.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I was not expecting the 83 trial to be what it is

I guess that's true generally speaking, no one could have predicted the 73 trial being what it was either

But this feels on a whole other level

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    early stormblood spoiler
    the alliance wants to support the resistance in proxy warfare. Kind of a neat story angle i'm interested to see how that plays out with us secretly supporting the resistance.

one quest later, alright we gotta declare open warfare to get people to join the resistance!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Can't decide if I should get Sage to 80 or do MSQ as Paladin.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

I think it depends on what you might enjoy playing first in early endgame.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Echo wrote: »

I think it depends on what you might enjoy playing first in early endgame.

Job I think I want to play first:

OptimalIdealisticBluejay-max-1mb.gif

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Same. That mood 100%.

Mostly for crafting though.

• Options
    i vaguely remember they showed zenos at some point earlier but he just showed up in stormblood and

Oh

Oh no

He's hot

This is bad

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    After sitting in queue the other night from 3k to 1k then getting a 2002 error, I just don't have the patience to deal with the login roulette. Think i'll give the game a week or two so things calm down, because even today the queue is sitting at over 3k. Wouldn't be terrible if you could wait it out, but getting the 2002 error and having to start over? Not cool.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    The way the client fully restarts when it hits a 2002 is just bad programming, full stop. And yeah, I don't mind the queue, I get it...I do mind that the queue is so unstable you're likely to get quite a way through it and then get kicked. The network programming around the queue is just too brittle.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    The way the client fully restarts when it hits a 2002 is just bad programming, full stop. And yeah, I don't mind the queue, I get it...I do mind that the queue is so unstable you're likely to get quite a way through it and then get kicked. The network programming around the queue is just too brittle.

Yeah 2002ing 1000-2000 spots into the queue is infuriating. And then getting back in and getting 2002 before even getting to the character screen is just /chefskiss

I can't even connect to a data center right now :?

They obviously won't do this, but it would be nice to have my subscription extended a few days if the game is going to be (literally or functionally) unplayable for a lot of paying subscribers with these queue issues.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Give Alisaie a sword!

yessssssss

• Options
    You can usually tell when you're about to get kicked out of queue as well....your queue number just stops updating. Usually a couple minutes later you'll get a 2002.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I did not experience it myself but a couple people told me if you can get back into the queue quickly after you get kicked out you get your place in line back
    that assumes you can get through the 2002s in a short enough timeframe though

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I did not experience it myself but a couple people told me if you can get back into the queue quickly after you get kicked out you get your place in line back

This is usually what happens for me. If I immediately get back in my place in the queue is preserved. If I get a couple of 2002 errors than it's back to the end of the line.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Cormac wrote: »

This is usually what happens for me. If I immediately get back in my place in the queue is preserved. If I get a couple of 2002 errors than it's back to the end of the line.

Yeah as long as you're watching your potentially hours-long queue like a hawk and log back in immediately after you get a 2002 and don't get more 2002 errors before you're able to get back in the queue you're golden. Easy peasy.

Edit: Yep, was 2800 in queue, managed to get down to ~1500 after getting back in after one 2002. Then got another series of 2002s and now I'm at 3400 in the queue. This is awesome.

Edit2: Waited out my 3400 queue, got all the way down to 349 and then a 2002 lockout. This is fucking stupid.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Queue seems to be moving along faster than it did last night.

Maybe it's just everyone 2002'ing. :lol:

Went from 3200 to 2500 in about 10 minutes, which feels faster than what I waited in last night.

Still, that's at least half hour before I get in. Probably have time to run to the store...

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    queues will steadily get better, assuming things don't get overwhelmed again the 7th

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Im EU time on US Sargatanas and when I log in theres maybe a 10s wait time for me. So maybe switch to non peak hours as a solution? If possible. Obviously not always possible for everyone to play at weird hours. But if I log in at 13:00 thats like 7 AM EST which isn't too bad.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying Samurai more than Ninja so I'm happy to push through the end MSQ of ARR. I kinda want to tank a bit more, and trying to decide which one I should aim for. Currently Gladiator and Marauder are both 21. I was leaning towards Paladin, but can't decide.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Im EU time on US Sargatanas and when I log in theres maybe a 10s wait time for me. So maybe switch to non peak hours as a solution? If possible. Obviously not always possible for everyone to play at weird hours. But if I log in at 13:00 thats like 7 AM EST which isn't too bad.

yep I've been logging it at 5:30am each day and not leaving.

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    I can get in no problems in the morning, but by evening the queue is huge. I really miss how it was when I started and you could stay logged in indefinitely, that was so good. You could go do the shopping or something and just jump back on whatever you were doing, it was great.
    Wonder how the queues will go once early access ends. My gut feeling is that there won't be a huge impact, so many players seemed to have preordered based on the number of earrings you saw in ShB.

• Options
    Evermourn wrote: »
    I can get in no problems in the morning, but by evening the queue is huge. I really miss how it was when I started and you could stay logged in indefinitely, that was so good. You could go do the shopping or something and just jump back on whatever you were doing, it was great.
    Wonder how the queues will go once early access ends. My gut feeling is that there won't be a huge impact, so many players seemed to have preordered based on the number of earrings you saw in ShB.

I don't even think it's the earrings. I don't really get why anyone would NOT play an MMO they are currently subscribed and not preorder & play as early as possible. Is there anyone here who is currently subbed & was already at endgame content who did not preorder and plans to only play as of Monday?

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Evermourn wrote: »

I don't even think it's the earrings. I don't really get why anyone would NOT play an MMO they are currently subscribed and not preorder & play as early as possible. Is there anyone here who is currently subbed & was already at endgame content who did not preorder and plans to only play as of Monday?

Yeah I mean it would probably just be the people who are nowhere near Endwalker and don't need to buy it, but they're still logging in to play so it wouldn't have any bearing on what we're seeing.

• Options
    It was definitely the earring that got me to preorder early, a discount would have had me preorder but probably not till the last minute. A couple of days early access, again I'd probably have done it at the last minute.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    2002 at 300 left in the queue.

I dont' know what crazy bizarro world folks who got right back into the queue are living in, but I've never seen that, and I've gotten a lot of 2002s the past two days. And the avalanche of complaints all over the intertubes of people getting low in the queue, even to actually get to the end, only to get a 2002 and when they can get back into the game and through the data center wall, they're at the end of the line again, would indicate that's the usual result.

A 2002 in the queue is always followed by at least another half dozen 2002's just trying to connect to the data center. And when you eventually do get through, it's back at the end of the line.

Every time. I genuinely don't believe people get right back into line in their spot.

EDIT: Yep. 7 additional 2002's before I finally got back in the queue, and 3,498. It's so unlikely that anyone got back in line in the spot they left, that I have to assume something else happened, that wasn't the 2002 events that everyone else is getting, and you're just mistaken.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

I dont' know what crazy bizarro world folks who got right back into the queue are living in, but I've never seen that, and I've gotten a lot of 2002s the past two days. And the avalanche of complaints all over the intertubes of people getting low in the queue, even to actually get to the end, only to get a 2002 and when they can get back into the game and through the data center wall, they're at the end of the line again, would indicate that's the usual result.

A 2002 in the queue is always followed by at least another half dozen 2002's just trying to connect to the data center. And when you eventually do get through, it's back at the end of the line.

Every time. I genuinely don't believe people get right back into line in their spot.

EDIT: Yep. 7 additional 2002's before I finally got back in the queue, and 3,498. It's so unlikely that anyone got back in line in the spot they left, that I have to assume something else happened, that wasn't the 2002 events that everyone else is getting, and you're just mistaken.

2002'd at about 400'sh, got right back in somehow and was at 300'sh. Ooh it's now loading! I may have done it!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    TWh3FGW.png

send help to Crystal datacenter pls

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    I do wonder if the artist who does FF14 elephants has ever seen one.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    TWh3FGW.png

send help to Crystal datacenter pls

I am told for new trials everyone just uses pf since duty finder is just borked

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    it sucks that a random DX crash means I just won't be able to play again tonight but i guess i got spoiled by logging in instantly early and playing most of the day.

Hope they figure out how to make this better if hardware is not an option

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited December 2021

I've gotten back near my original queue spot every single time I've 2002'ed. Even when I've gotten multiple 2002's trying to get back on the data center before character select. Could be selection bias I suppose, but it's been very consistent for me.

e: To be clear, I am babysitting my queue. I'm watching YouTube videos and stuff but I'm paying close attention to the client so if I get 2002'ed I'm logging back in pretty much immediately.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I think I managed to play around an hour altogether today.
    A bit in the morning when I managed to get in with only a 80 people queue, got kicked out with a 9002 when zoning into a duty roulette. By that time there was already a several thousand people in front of me.
    Kept getting 2002s throughout the day because I was working around the house and finally got back in once I decided to babysit the queue and try to relog right after 2002s while reading stuff on my phone.
    Played for 15 minutes, got 9002 during a high XP duty in Thavnair.
    RIP, I'm going to bed. :(

OldSlacker on
  • Options
    Almost halfway through the queue that time, an hour, and another 2002.

I'm at 11 2002's and booting to desktop trying to get back into the queue this time.

Currently at 5 hours just trying to get through the fucking queue.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Working through early post-Stormblood content and I am routinely exasperated.
    The weird Japanese trope of forgiving horrible atrocities for the thinnest of thin sympathetic justifications absolutely drives me up the wall, sometimes. Yeah, Fordola had shit happen to her - but that's an explanation for where she ended up, not a justification. Tons of people had horrible things happen to them in the twenty years of the occupation and DIDN'T make the choices she made. Same with Yotsuya. (God I hope this amnesia is a fake act because that's the actual worst.)

I see this often enough in Japanese media that I can only assume it's a cultural thing. I have my suspicions for why it might be so, but yeah. Makes me want to reach through the screen and shake some characters.

e: Side note Alphie belly flopping into the water has to be the biggest laugh out loud the game has gotten out of me yet, I was dying

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    was online this morning after a 400 person queue, and tried to stay awake through booster shot side effects. didnt happen, so now i must do battle with the Queue Primal.

Sitting at 4.1k.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Working through early post-Stormblood content and I am routinely exasperated.
    The weird Japanese trope of forgiving horrible atrocities for the thinnest of thin sympathetic justifications absolutely drives me up the wall, sometimes. Yeah, Fordola had shit happen to her - but that's an explanation for where she ended up, not a justification. Tons of people had horrible things happen to them in the twenty years of the occupation and DIDN'T make the choices she made. Same with Yotsuya. (God I hope this amnesia is a fake act because that's the actual worst.)

I see this often enough in Japanese media that I can only assume it's a cultural thing. I have my suspicions for why it might be so, but yeah. Makes me want to reach through the screen and shake some characters.
    Yeah the expansion would have done better to make them both die in the castle collapse, would have both made more sense and been a much neater ending to their story. When they turned up alive I was hoping that they would stay on that little island all the rest of the expansion, and every so often we'd cut back to them sniping at each other, odd couple style.

• Options
    Honestly so far for me babysitting the queue has worked. Yeah the 2002's are super annoying, especially pre-character select when you're just trying to get logged back in...but by baby sitting it I tended to always get my spot back, or hell, sometimes jump way ahead in the queue (I assume because the 2002's happen to a bunch of people at once). So it takes about 1.5 hours of babysitting, but at least for Sargatanas you can get through it.

This discussion has been closed.