As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

College Football 2022: Welcome to America's Most Absurd Season | Pick 'Em Pg95

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    If the numbers I’m seeing are right, it’s a point differential of 0. Amazing.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    1-7 in conference
    -1 point differential

3-9 with I think a +62 differential on the season

Every loss on the season was a 1-score loss

They were actually flat even in Big Ten play.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Anyway, Big Ten is simple now. Michigan/OSU winner vs. Wisconsin if they win tomorrow or Iowa if they lose.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    The number of ways Nebraska has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory is rather impressive.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    I was feeling reasonably chill about tomorrow and then I read a rumor saying one of the refs from 2016 is going to be working the game tomorrow and now I’m mad

• Options
    Refs totally fucked up the clock at the end of USF/UCF. First they let USF spike the ball with no time coming off the clock (legally you need two seconds). Then they misruled that the QB had thrown the ball before his knee was down with 8 seconds left, when UCF had intercepted it and ran around a bit to run out the clock. Then after review, they overturned the call, but didn't readjust the clock (which is sort of fair, since the clock would have been running after the sack). Just a mess. UCF barely holds on to beat a garbage USF team.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

Weirdest fucking ending to a football game I've seen in a while but who cares we won OH, MY GOD.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I was feeling reasonably chill about tomorrow and then I read a rumor saying one of the refs from 2016 is going to be working the game tomorrow and now I’m mad

For a competing and equally unsourced rumor, there's one going around saying Stroud has the flu.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Arkansas looked pretty good today beating mizzou. Encouraged by the fact that Jefferson was able to get so much going in the air since the run game stalled. Promising for next year.

• Options

For a competing and equally unsourced rumor, there's one going around saying Stroud has the flu.

A friend of mine told me that and my immediate reaction was to feel terror at the certainty of the backup immediately having a star-making game

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Refs totally fucked up the clock at the end of USF/UCF. First they let USF spike the ball with no time coming off the clock (legally you need two seconds). Then they misruled that the QB had thrown the ball before his knee was down with 8 seconds left, when UCF had intercepted it and ran around a bit to run out the clock. Then after review, they overturned the call, but didn't readjust the clock (which is sort of fair, since the clock would have been running after the sack). Just a mess. UCF barely holds on to beat a garbage USF team.

To be fair, I don't know if any of the refs ruled it an interception, they confirmed that the ruling was that he was down prior to pitching the ball.

And our dude absolutely was not running around to run out the clock, he was trying to get clear of the USF dudes crowding him around the endzone to avoid a safety.

I will agree that the game was a mess, and that it never should've been that close, but we did win, so I will take it.

Gus got some shit to figure out in the offseason though. Damn.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Has a former Auburn coach ever figured anything out?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Not to turn this into an Alabama thread, but I thought this section of Saban’s radio show was a pretty good summation of toxic fandom and the need to shut the fuck up, maybe. He’s being specific to Alabama fans but is pretty universal when a program has sustained success.

Saban's comments are still gooseshit. As the folks at LGM point out:
    If I were getting paid $9.7 million per year to coach a scrappy bunch of totally ordinary college students in a fun extra-curricular activity I would definitely STFU about the whole “amateur” side of the operation but very clearly that’s just me.

They also point out how obscene Franklin's extention is at PSU, including the fact that his extention has no buyout.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

Weirdest fucking ending to a football game I've seen in a while but who cares we won OH, MY GOD.

As a person who has driven on I-4 a bunch I don't know why you'd want to win it.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    They also point out how obscene Franklin's extention is at PSU, including the fact that his extention has no buyout.

Well they are incredibly wrong. His extension has decently large buyouts in the first two years. Like I said in a previous post, 2024 is when I would expect to see Franklin bounce if he does.

He's been campaigning for facility updates that PSU hasn't been able to pull in the donors for. Barbour has been great for basically every sport except football for some reason. My money is on the snafu with Edit: UC Berkley (because I'm an idiot )UCLA's renovation issues while she was AD there, even though that was largely outside her control, has kept the real big donors bank accounts shut. So expect this to be 2 years to put up or shut up on those facility and stadium updates (especially the stadium updates).

Mvrck on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Not to turn this into an Alabama thread, but I thought this section of Saban’s radio show was a pretty good summation of toxic fandom and the need to shut the fuck up, maybe. He’s being specific to Alabama fans but is pretty universal when a program has sustained success.

Saban's comments are still gooseshit. As the folks at LGM point out:
    If I were getting paid $9.7 million per year to coach a scrappy bunch of totally ordinary college students in a fun extra-curricular activity I would definitely STFU about the whole “amateur” side of the operation but very clearly that’s just me.

I don’t see how this is relevant to toxic fans and the way they treat/talk about players/outcomes in any way.

It’s…a fact that players are not paid, officially. Saban is paid a lot of money, but he’s not talking about how he’s treated. He’s talking about how the players are treated.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

Well they are incredibly wrong. His extension has decently large buyouts in the first two years. Like I said in a previous post, 2024 is when I would expect to see Franklin bounce if he does.

He's been campaigning for facility updates that PSU hasn't been able to pull in the donors for. Barbour has been great for basically every sport except football for some reason. My money is on the snafu with UCLA's renovation issues while she was AD there, even though that was largely outside her control, has kept the real big donors bank accounts shut. So expect this to be 2 years to put up or shut up on those facility and stadium updates (especially the stadium updates).

Barbour was at UC Berkeley. Easy mistake to make since both flagship UC schools have had nightmares in the AD role in recent times.

But yes, Franklin’s contract has a buyout. In fact, it’s basically set up so that we’ll be having this same stupid conversation about a Franklin extension in two years, because Jimmy Sexton gets guys paid.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    GO!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Did not think this game would be this exciting. End of this has been wild.

• Options
    COUGS!

• Options
    WSU Kicker Dean Janikowski (no relation) is currently outscoring the UW Huskies all by his lonesome

• Options
    Pick6 baby, this is turning into a rout

• Options
    Guys I know we’re excited but don’t rush the field at an away game what are you doing

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Fuck that, you blow your rivals out you get to rush the field because it belongs to you now anyways.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Fuck that, you blow your rivals out you get to rush the field because it belongs to you now anyways.

UW football fans are the lamest I've seen as a collective fanbase. Like, they are Rutgers, Indiana, or Purdue level apathy with a program that has a national championship in living memory and a playoff berth in the last half decade!

• Options
    You know what you’re right this rules

• Options
    just saw this from the Reddit CFB twitter account:

The game they are referencing is over, but for any sickos that are up at 1 EST, the other relegation game is taking place on the same youtube channel. I kind of...want to stay up to watch it.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Home from the game. The way I figure it, we have to let the cougs beat us once or twice a decade in order to keep everyone on both sides fully engaged. I think my mom is out on Huard for life now, though
    Mvrck wrote: »
    UW football fans are the lamest I've seen as a collective fanbase. Like, they are Rutgers, Indiana, or Purdue level apathy with a program that has a national championship in living memory and a playoff berth in the last half decade!

This is a fickle town. People in and around Seattle only care about a sports team when they’re winning (related: the 12th man is the most overrated phenomenon in American sports, watch how quickly that fanbase is going to vanish from the stadium if they have two bad seasons in a row). Most Huskies fans I know IRL were halfway checked out after the Montana game and wrote off the season completely after Michigan.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Well, I have intellectually resisted trying to kick the football Lucy has placed in front of me, but emotionally I'm in just in time for OSU to rip my heart out and stomp all over it. So that's fun!

• Options
    edited November 2021
    I’m trying to think about the immersion blender I bought for 30% off on Black Friday

I’m going to make so many soups. And even homemade mayo! Ohio State can’t take that away from me

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    There's a pretty hilarious conversation going on between midwesterners delighted at the weather and the Fullcast crew who are horrified.

• Options
    I once walked to an 8 AM class in -10 wind chill for most of a semester and honestly I miss it

I have a weird nostalgia for the moments when I would arrive back at my apartment after a frigid walk home and know that I was out of the cold for the rest of the night.

Then there was the time classes got canceled due to -40 wind chill and my professor announced he was holding office hours anyway

I figured I’d be the only one to show up but there were so many students that the office ran out of chairs

Good times.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I’m trying to think about the immersion blender I bought for 30% off on Black Friday

I’m going to make so many soups. And even homemade mayo! Ohio State can’t take that away from me

DAMNIT IF WE WON'T TRY

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Ohio will cut you for Mayo, it’s true

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I'm so much more excited for this Michigan-OSU game than I've been for any Nebraska game all year.

I'd love to see Harbaugh finally get over this particular hill.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    currently distracting myself bu imagining Michigan coming of the big house tunnel, wearing a shade of blue darker than usual, almost black, and BY GAWD THAT’S 2017 IOWA’S MUSIC

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Ohio will cut you for Mayo, it’s true

We are not above breaking into a home and adding salt to a homemade soup, just making it way too salty

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Come on Michigan, you can do itttttt

• Options
    Come and take my lentil soup, if you can

• Options
    10 plays, 5 minutes. Just do that 8 times. :P

This discussion has been closed.