As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sit Down And Have Some Cucumber [chat]wiches

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i should go have a quarter of a 3.5 lb pumpkin pie for dessert

¼/π

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I was looking up a strategy for a boss in Demon's Souls that is a magic using lady and her bodyguard

And all the comments on the page for the bodyguard are just people posting "simp"
    "I shall let no harm come to dearest Astraea"
    she's not gonna fuck you bro

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Me and the dog

Oh, you want to walk over to that patch of grass

WELL I WANT TO WALK AMONGST THE STARS AND WITNESS THE LIFE AND DEATH OF EXISTEN-

Oh you peed good dog ok let's go inside

• Options
    edited November 2021
    My credit rating dropped because I have no debt so I bought a ridiculous TV with 2 years no interest financing

Happy Black Friday

Atomika on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Atomika wrote: »
    My credit rating dropped because I have no debt so I bought a ridiculous TV with 2 years no interest finishing

Happy Black Friday

This always makes me laugh since my credit rating keeps saying, "Your score is lower because you have no mortgage history."

...But I don't own a house, why would I have a mortgage...

LOWER

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    My credit rating dropped because I have no debt so I bought a ridiculous TV with 2 years no interest finishing

Happy Black Friday

This always makes me laugh since my credit rating keeps saying, "Your score is lower because you have no mortgage history."

...But I don't own a house, why would I have a mortgage...

LOWER

No saving, only spend!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    What tv u buy

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hey Atomika you mentioned the kiddo was coming to stay is he coming for actual Christmas for the weeks before?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    ospc1slk7yor.png

How to tell i made a game without saying i made a game.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    owo what are you doing 84 inch steptv

• Options
    Hey Atomika you mentioned the kiddo was coming to stay is he coming for actual Christmas for the weeks before?

The week before. Two weeks from now, and he’ll be here for a week 😊

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    owo what are you doing 84 inch steptv

I have to go home tonight and measure my tv stand to see if it will actually fit

It’s a monster

• Options
    What tv u buy

I’m legit scared to post it, lest I be thought of as the new Skoofum

It’s the LG Evo G1 OLED 77”

Yes yes, first against the wall, I know

My last words will be, “But I bought the floor model! It saved me 10% and it was already on sale! Don’t aim for my face!”

• Options
    What tv u buy

My last words will be, “But I bought the floor model! It saved me 10% and it was already on sale! Don’t aim for my face!”

Oh my

I’ve been listing after the LG C1 65”, once I move out

How, then, could I begrudge you following your dreams

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I wasnt as hard on SKFM as most but I think you have to be pretty oblivious to your surroundings to be considered the next one.

deep difference between hey I treat myself to this thing and what he did on the reg

• Options
    What tv u buy

Oh my

I’ve been listing after the LG C1 65”, once I move out

How, then, could I begrudge you following your dreams

That’s my current TV! It’ll be moving to the living room.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I think you’re good as long as you’re not arguing against the fiduciary rule from the back of the car your company pays for because you make them so much money scamming old people out of their life savings.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Blinding Lights, the video by The Weekend, is me in my early through mid twenties.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I don't even know how much TVs cost these days because I never use mine.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    They still make TVs?

• Options
    I think you're 6th against the wall

Every cat bumps you down one notch right?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Cats knock you off the wall.

• Options

I am currently petless

• Options
    I spend money on things I know I’m going to use constantly. I have a fancy mattress, nice TVs, and good kitchen equipment.

As for things I don’t use often, my living room furniture is from Walmart

• Options
    i don't own a tv at present but when i did i was of the school of thought that i just want the biggest screen size per dollar (hisense or whatever). then i watched dune on a nice tv. seeing a film like that with a huge brightness delta changed my mind.

i still like a very big tv so if i could only afford a 55" high quality tv then i would just hold off on buying until i could save more. i'd rather go TVless. but i'll never buy a cheap ass tv again.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I just finished listening to a podcast episode about Dune (the movie) and it convinced me to read the book. Time to go find a $2 copy at the bookstore.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    the conventional wisdom is

spend money on what separates you from the ground

if you're an adult and have the cash a good mattress is one of the best investments you can make given how monumentally important good sleep is once you're not a kid that can sleep upside down folded up on a rock and wake up feeling fine

• Options

if you're an adult and have the cash a good mattress is one of the best investments you can make given how monumentally important good sleep is once you're not a kid that can sleep upside down folded up on a rock and wake up feeling fine

i hear that wisdom often, but i really question how discerning we are as people. my experience has not borne out that i can tell at first blush whether a mattress or shoes or whatever will be comfortable/supportive. and so the instinct is to make sure you spend some decent money, figuring quality correlates with cost. but then it's like, am i just paying for a brand name?

idk. i'm that guy who takes forever to find the 'best' position for my driver's seat, and who takes forever to decide if number 3 or number 4 is the ideal lens option at the optometrist's. i don't trust my ability to make a good investment in my comfort lel. maybe other people are better at this.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    I just finished listening to a podcast episode about Dune (the movie) and it convinced me to read the book. Time to go find a $2 copy at the bookstore.

I think it’s free on Kindle right now

• Options
    edited November 2021
    I reach for my tape measure
    I take in the distance of self to sofa
    The infinitude separating us
    40 inches edge to edge
    Transcended
    HBO Max with Disney+ addon package for just $1/month

Tumin on
  • Options

i hear that wisdom often, but i really question how discerning we are as people. my experience has not borne out that i can tell at first blush whether a mattress or shoes or whatever will be comfortable/supportive. and so the instinct is to make sure you spend some decent money, figuring quality correlates with cost. but then it's like, am i just paying for a brand name?

idk. i'm that guy who takes forever to find the 'best' position for my driver's seat, and who takes forever to decide if number 3 or number 4 is the ideal lens option at the optometrist's. i don't trust my ability to make a good investment in my comfort lel. maybe other people are better at this.

I went through three mattresses in less than a year trying to find something that didn’t make my chronic pain worse. Purple was winner, I love that mattress.

• Options

Eh, there are a million people who give insight into what they think about products

You might see a Herman Miller chair and be like

uh, a chair shouldn't be 1,000 dollars, that's silly, these people are probably just being paid to promote it

and it's like, maybe?

Maybe literally everyone is on it and it's not worth it and you're going to spend a lot of money on something you don't like when you could have spent less and gotten comparable quality.

Maybe.

If there's a consensus, I don't really feel bad about trusting people who give reviews in something I think I trust them about.

• Options

Eh, there are a million people who give insight into what they think about products

uh, a chair shouldn't be 1,000 dollars, that's silly, these people are probably just being paid to promote it

and it's like, maybe?

Maybe literally everyone is on it and it's not worth it and you're going to spend a lot of money on something you don't like when you could have spent less and gotten comparable quality.

Maybe.

If there's a consensus, I don't really feel bad about trusting people who give reviews in something I think I trust them about.

to decide if i'm willing to trust- i need to observe them eating a meal in a restaurant, see how they talk to the server, see how they tip etc

only then will i take their recommendations

• Options

and it's like, maybe?

Maybe.

to decide if i'm willing to trust- i need to observe them eating a meal in a restaurant, see how they talk to the server, see how they tip etc

only then will i take their recommendations

I need to kiss them on the lips with both of us keeping our eyes open

We have to have sex with the lights on missionary style

I have to use the bathroom while they're taking a shower

• Options

I went through three mattresses in less than a year trying to find something that didn’t make my chronic pain worse. Purple was winner, I love that mattress.

i had a tuft & needle and returned it after a couple weeks, thinking it was too firm. now i have a leesa. it's ok but i think it's too soft. i often feel most comfortable laying on the floor. i wish i would have stuck with the ultra firm haha.

• Options
    i don't own a tv at present but when i did i was of the school of thought that i just want the biggest screen size per dollar (hisense or whatever). then i watched dune on a nice tv. seeing a film like that with a huge brightness delta changed my mind.

i still like a very big tv so if i could only afford a 55" high quality tv then i would just hold off on buying until i could save more. i'd rather go TVless. but i'll never buy a cheap ass tv again.

I have the opposite problem for gaming, where I want high quality and all the features but on smaller sized TV and definitely not monitor, and they just don’t make them. If you want all the good shit 55” is the minimum and you only up from there, but I’d honestly pay more for 45”.

The living room TV can be as big as it wants, but I can’t stand those big TVs when I’m playing any kind of slightly competitive shooter in my room.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    What if like being close to the ground

Rolling around in the dirt

Laying in the mud

• Options
    What if like being close to the ground

Rolling around in the dirt

Laying in the mud

:whistle: OR WOULD YOU RATHER BE A PIG :whistle:

• Options

I have the opposite problem for gaming, where I want high quality and all the features but on smaller sized TV and definitely not monitor, and they just don’t make them. If you want all the good shit 55” is the minimum and you only up from there, but I’d honestly pay more for 45”.

The living room TV can be as big as it wants, but I can’t stand those big TVs when I’m playing any kind of slightly competitive shooter in my room.

oh interesting, i don't even want a tv in my room. i think i'm happy with my 27" monitor. maybe if i had a huge place to live with a big master bedroom. as is, i already struggle to fit stuff in my room.

i do be wantin that big ol thang in the living room tho

• Options

I think it’s free on Kindle right now

Oh sweet, thanks for the tip.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.