As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Alternative Card games for Unplugged 2021?

JearilJearil San Jose, CARegistered User regular
I see a stupid amount of MTG events for Unplugged, but basically nothing for any other card game. I'm personally not a big MTG fan, and there are a lot of other great card games out there. Is anyone interested in getting together for some of those other ones?

In particular, I'm thinking of Yu-Gi-Oh and Flesh and Blood, though maybe also some Netrunner. I know a lot of people also like Pokemon and I think that'd be great to see (I just don't have any of that myself). Basically though, I'd just like to see some more variety in card games present at PAX. It almost ends up feeling like "Wizards of the Coast Con" some of the time.

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    Project NISEI is supporting Android: Netrunner - both as an exhibitor, and running some major events at PAX Unplugged.

Disclosure, I'm on the event team and helping maintain the tournament schedule. We've been eying up an expansion into other TCGs: Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Flesh And Blood, DBZ, etc. but 2021 won't be the year that is debuted. Optimistic for 2022.