Options

World's Greatest Detective [chat]

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Sherlock Holmes. Fuckin loves cocaine.
    images-2.jpg

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    wqyifepc7x0y.png

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    x3118bsph5n6.png

• Options
    Chanus did you see the letterkenny promo?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    that comic is so unbelievable because cats are uncommandable.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    not related to amount of contact they have with people but just their actual danger to people, Muskox is up there

even though they live far up in the mountains and are very good at making it very clear that they do not appreciate company that doesn't always stop the especially stupid among us

?uuid=7c8c73ca-7016-5fd4-b7fc-98d62dae8dcf&function=cropresize&type=preview&source=false&q=75&width=1600&height=839&x=1.0E-5&y=0.1277&crop_w=0.99999&crop_h=0.7464&z=0

they're pretty cool tho

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Columbo. Owns just the one coat.
    TTODewback wrote: »

I mean, that's why it's a superpower. A miraculous manifestation that defies explanation.

(Cats actually can be clicker trained and can learn how to follow commands pretty well.)

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I mean, that's why it's a superpower. A miraculous manifestation that defies explanation.

(Cats actually can be clicker trained and can learn how to follow commands pretty well.)

are.... are YOU Cat Commander?!?!?!?!??!?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »

i haven't

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

i haven't

https://youtu.be/HIp_rju1P-g

• Options
    there are signs, in Dovre where most of the muskox live, saying to keep 200m distance, because at 200m they don't really care about you

and to not go closer, because this is not an animal that flees, this is an animal that fights. And they weigh over 200 kilos and can run at 60 km/h.

But on the plus side, as one source here notes, they usually use the frontal bone which just results in soft-tissue damage and broken bones, and don't seem to use the horns to stab people on purpose

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

i haven't

https://youtu.be/HIp_rju1P-g

i can't get video at the office due to crap cell reception but i will check this out

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    ordered a big pizza for the football godbless

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    the timing on the letterkenny post
    I just used the phrase hoover it up.
    and everyone was like what the fuck how old are you.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    credeiki wrote: »
    The only detective show I've seen in my life is the Benedict Cumberbatch BBC miniseries

I'm not sure I've ever had a piece of media seem so top-notch when it was made, and I really loved it at the time, but it has aged absolutely terribly.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    i stopped watching it during season 2 i think
    first season was great until they got to the dumb cliffhanger because they didnt know if the show was going to be renewed

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    I feel like there's a good chance it means something physiologically, because it seems like it would

but I have an intense craving for candy all of a sudden and I am not going to examine it further and I'll probably just go buy a ton

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Tav wrote: »

speaking of the football, i just learned that my local team (Richmond Kickers) is one of the two oldest continuously run teams in the US

founded so long ago

in 1993

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I feel like there's a good chance it means something physiologically, because it seems like it would

but I have an intense craving for candy all of a sudden and I am not going to examine it further and I'll probably just go buy a ton

listen to your body. it naturally knows what it needs

*orders pizza*

• Options
    first season was great until they got to the dumb cliffhanger because they didnt know if the show was going to be renewed
    I think it's worth watching all the way up to the wedding. That is where the show shines the best with the characters that they've built up, before they decided to take a shit on everything (to be fair, IRL Martin Freeman and Amanda Abbington's relationship was falling apart so maybe it's best that they went that direction, but still...).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I think it's worth watching all the way up to the wedding. That is where the show shines the best with the characters that they've built up, before they decided to take a shit on everything (to be fair, IRL Martin Freeman and Amanda Abbington's relationship was falling apart so maybe it's best that they went that direction, but still...).

i am very confused right now

• Options

i am very confused right now
    I am talking about the BBC Sherlock show with Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock and Martin Freeman as Watson. Martin Freeman's longtime RL partner Amanda Abbington played his fiancee/wife Mary Morstan in the show. But shortly after Season 3, they split up. The wedding episode happens in Season 3, I think (which is where I would stop), and Season 4 is utter shit.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    oh sherlock

i was still on letterkenny

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

I got a pizza for the "20% off on Tuesday"s

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    @Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud omg Green and Gold and Heartstopper are both coming back in january omg

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    The only detective show I've seen in my life is the Benedict Cumberbatch BBC miniseries

I'm not sure I've ever had a piece of media seem so top-notch when it was made, and I really loved it at the time, but it has aged absolutely terribly.

oh no; that's sad to hear

I liked it a lot when it came out and haven't rewatched it (I don't generally rewatch anything); I also did not see the full run--can't remember if I saw season 3 or just 1+2, and definitely didn't see season 4 because people said it was bad

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    wait why/how did it age badly? The styling of it or the characters or what?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I don't know why Tuesday has become the cheap pizza day over here but there it is

• Options
    I don't know why Tuesday has become the cheap pizza day over here but there it is

they couldn't afford to do 30% Thursdays or 40% Fridays

or Whatever% Wednesdays

• Options

the biggest complaint i hear is Benedict's Sherlock solving mysteries through inferences that range from flimsy to nonsense, which i do recall being the case, but also wouldn't be a problem of aging so i dunno if that's it

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Veronica Mars. Had a troubled past but in a good place now.
    When you know none of the hints and clues ever really lead anywhere, Sherlock sucks to watch.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    DK you watched all of Lucifer, right?

Does it ever recover from the absolutely unbelievable nosedive in quality that happens in season 3?

Which is just coincidentally when they moved filming from Vancouver to LA

• Options
    edited December 2021

the biggest complaint i hear is Benedict's Sherlock solving mysteries through inferences that range from flimsy to nonsense, which i do recall being the case, but also wouldn't be a problem of aging so i dunno if that's it
    I mean, to me, the fun is watching how the characters play out and the re-contextualizing of the Victorian Age stories in the modern day. Like, both the original Watson and the BBC Watson are veterans of a war in Afghanistan, but this plays out very differently in a modern context.

The actual mysteries themselves are just thinly veiled homages to the original stories. I don't think they were really meant to be "true" mysteries in any sense.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Dale Cooper. The real one, though. Not the bad one.

I liked it a lot when it came out and haven't rewatched it (I don't generally rewatch anything); I also did not see the full run--can't remember if I saw season 3 or just 1+2, and definitely didn't see season 4 because people said it was bad

Don't take DKs word on it, here's a nearly 2 hour video from Hbomberguy about it:

https://youtu.be/LkoGBOs5ecM

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    DK you watched all of Lucifer, right?

Does it ever recover from the absolutely unbelievable nosedive in quality that happens in season 3?

Which is just coincidentally when they moved filming from Vancouver to LA

Yes. Because Netflix takes over. The last two seasons were a lot of fun.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Why is it two hours long?

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

Don't take DKs word on it, here's a nearly 2 hour video from Hbomberguy about it:

https://youtu.be/LkoGBOs5ecM

The only way I'd watch a video like that would be in a ludovico method scenario

• Options
    Why is it two hours long?
    Because YOUTUBE. *jazz hands*

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I just watched a two hour long video on why "Dear Evan Hansen" was a crappy movie.

Long form video essays are good, actually.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
This discussion has been closed.