Options

World's Greatest Detective [chat]

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Someone help me in my quest for holiday lighting.

I bought a strip of 5050 RGB LEDs off of ebay. I got a gledopto controller. Wired that up. Realized I needed a hub so got a cheap philips hue hub. Got the lights working via the app.

Except, I want to set the lights to be alternating red and green. Can I not do that on one LED strip? I swear that's possible, but maybe I need a different kind? The Hue hub doesn't seem to have an option to like, gently cycle between two colors either?? Halp

if you go hue labs -> formulas -> colourloop, it should do what you want

idk if it'll work with the third party lightstrip tho

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    If you extend the numbers out you have roughly twice the number of animal deaths per capita in Australia.

Which is like, deadlier animals, but hardly enough to be the terror zone that its reputation is.

You’d also want to weight for rural/urban, as Australia is I think more rural and rural people have both more animal exposure and less access to emergency services

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I'm upset that Detective Frank Drebin isn't on the poll. Therefore, I shall vote for no one.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

I bought a strip of 5050 RGB LEDs off of ebay. I got a gledopto controller. Wired that up. Realized I needed a hub so got a cheap philips hue hub. Got the lights working via the app.

Except, I want to set the lights to be alternating red and green. Can I not do that on one LED strip? I swear that's possible, but maybe I need a different kind? The Hue hub doesn't seem to have an option to like, gently cycle between two colors either?? Halp

Man your computer case is gonna look amazing

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Dale Cooper. The real one, though. Not the bad one.
    There's an older woman here at the gym standing in the corner, facing the walls, shaking her head like a silent hill monster

Weaver on
  • Options
    Oh shit I hit post, looked up and she's gone

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    MrMister wrote: »
    If you extend the numbers out you have roughly twice the number of animal deaths per capita in Australia.

Which is like, deadlier animals, but hardly enough to be the terror zone that its reputation is.

You’d also want to weight for rural/urban, as Australia is I think more rural and rural people have both more animal exposure and less access to emergency services

For sure, there are a lot of factors (no one in DC is exposed to more than the occasional black bear fucking about the NIH campus). I just mean that as a quick approximation, Arch is right about Australia having a sort of weird wildlife reputation/the Americas not having a strong enough wildlife reputation.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i'm not trying to generalise here

but honestly

how many americans were killed because they did something fucking stupid like try to climb into the tiger cage in the zoo or let their toddler try to pet an alligator

• Options
    My impression is almost all of Australias population lives in the cities far away from the poison animals

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Australia's horses and cows are killing more people than its snakes and spiders
    Deer Kill More People In America Than Any Other Animal

hmmmmmmmmmmm

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Yeah, deer love to hang out on roadsides and bet each other that they can totally jump this car/truck coming up.

Weaver on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Man your computer case is gonna look amazing

Oh, my case already looks amazing. This is for the front porch so we can do cool holiday lights.

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Big dumb animals that like to stand in the road

yeah

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2021
    No John Barnaby?

And you call yourself a Brit @Bogart

smdh

Vanguard on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

if you go hue labs -> formulas -> colourloop, it should do what you want

idk if it'll work with the third party lightstrip tho

Ah ha, i'll give that a shot.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Big dumb animals that like to stand in the road

yeah

wtf

C*rs are killing people, we're just blaming it on the cows and deer

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Inspector Morse. He'll have a pint.
    Vanguard wrote: »
    No John Barnaby?

And you call yourself a Brit Bogart

smdh

I’m not a big fan of Midsummer Murders. It’s a bit too camp to really land with me, I think. It’s very much inferior to Morse.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Sherlock Holmes. Fuckin loves cocaine.
    hrwh6j8fy968.jpg

Father and son
    played by
    Father and son

DIAGNOSIS: MURDER

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Deer only kill people when you force them to grind their ice magic in a magic computer world

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    ALSO
    ALSO
    It takes place in the same cinematic canon as M*A*S*H

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    When a deer is killing people that is a sign of distress

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    When a deer is killing people that is a sign of distress

for both the deer and person

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    batman is the world's greatest detective

wtf is this poll

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    chanus is the world's greatest detective

wtf is this poll

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Bogart wrote: »
    If I was going to include anyone from the 99 out would have been Holt, the best character.

show does make a point to show that Jake Peralta is actually a fantastic detective

kind of a workaholic and a manchild in a lot of other areas but that

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Poirot???

Bless you.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    MrMister wrote: »

you'd also need to take out all farm animals from that metric

because that's going to be the vast, vast majority of them

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    chanus is the world's greatest detective

wtf is this poll

baff2gizvm1n.png

Zavian on
  • Options
    On thing I feel strongly about chat is that we don't post enough minions memes.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Columbo. Owns just the one coat.
    i do enjoy the first five pages of any thread with a poll being an endless stream of complaints about the poll options

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Where's the Inspector Hildibrand option?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmP4XlWTiIc

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Poirots of the Caribbean

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    i do enjoy the first five pages of any thread with a poll being an endless stream of complaints about the poll options

If poll creators would simply read everyone's minds and included unlimited poll options....

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Is it complaint or is it mewling desire for association via shared recognition of a thing.

Either way it's traditional.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    The only detective show I've seen in my life is the Benedict Cumberbatch BBC miniseries

I've heard of some of these poll options but not all of them

I feel like this is a major problem for me in playing roleplaying games, which often draw from genre knowledge of detective shows and police procedurals

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    images-1.jpg

• Options
    WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE CAT

ef68j12pojum.png

• Options
    the most dangerous animals in norway in terms of amount of people killed per year are wasps, dogs, and cows

and google is shit these days so I can't really confirm but probably moose is on fourth given how perfectly designed they are to kill drivers, compared to deer.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

ive flagged every complaint

mods need to clamp down

endless stream of poll options that arent batman nor cat

This discussion has been closed.