Options

[Hearthstone] Arfus is the bestest boy

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yay! Good riddance to those anomalies.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Battlegrounds has way too many updates for anyone to jump in anymore without reading a guide.

I used to rock around 7-9k a year ago and now i can't even get a top 4.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I have no idea how the hero power anomaly made it to live, and I'm terrified of what they thought up that didn't.

• Options
    Well we know their testing mostly just involves smashing Chillwind Yetis into each other, so I can kind of see why they thought it wouldn't be a huge problem.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    OK mech rogue is pretty fun.

Hearthstone-Screenshot-09-23-23-21-39-36.png

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Oh god this is such a toxic deck. You plop down a few mechs, keep one alive until you find one of your stealth magnetizers and then just buff the fuck out of it (including windfury...).

Unless they run an untargetted hard removal, fucking starfish or at least a 2 tiered +7 dmg spell, they just get to watch it grow and x2/x4 timed on turns 6/7. It's like the old Edwin conceal deck but a bit slower, but way more top end dmg. You can crash through whatever wall they put up

edit: and sometimes you end up with a 5/10 on t3 or something lol.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I'm hovering just below 7k in BGs and really can't be fucked to try and push any higher since most lobbies at this level are decided by the Tess/Scabbs who fed on the high roller who got their comp early

• Options
    straight into plat, i think about 64%

### robots_yo
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 2x (1) Click-Clocker
    # 2x (1) Drone Deconstructor
    # 2x (1) Frequency Oscillator
    # 2x (1) Gear Shift
    # 2x (2) From the Scrapheap
    # 2x (2) Invent-o-matic
    # 2x (2) Pit Stop
    # 1x (2) Potion Belt
    # 2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike
    # 2x (3) Bronze Gatekeeper
    # 2x (3) Coppertail Snoop
    # 1x (3) Mimiron, the Mastermind
    # 2x (3) SP-3Y3-D3R
    # 1x (5) Ini Stormcoil
    # 2x (5) Lab Constructor
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 1x (6) V-07-TR-0N Prime
    # 1x (9) The Sunwell
    #
    AAECAd75AwbsugTfoAXUoQW29gXY9gXq+gUM4bUE9d0E2dAF1fYFv/cFpvgF5voFofwF+/wF5/0Fuf4Fy54GAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I just got to dad legend with good ol' Unholy DK. I think it's the same list that's been at VS since Titans hit (old list + Primus) with surprisingly little trouble. Only a couple losses from D10 to D5.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Cruised into Dad Legend with that Warrior deck @The Judge posted. Thanks.

• Options
    oof the skill ceiling of this deck. I AM LOVING IT. Like it's no joke guys, you have to work the old noggin for this one.

i think my changes to the HS deck (+1 Sunwell, +1 potion belt, - 2x prep) really made it objectively better.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    Oh god this is such a toxic deck. You plop down a few mechs, keep one alive until you find one of your stealth magnetizers and then just buff the fuck out of it (including windfury...).

Unless they run an untargetted hard removal, fucking starfish or at least a 2 tiered +7 dmg spell, they just get to watch it grow and x2/x4 timed on turns 6/7. It's like the old Edwin conceal deck but a bit slower, but way more top end dmg. You can crash through whatever wall they put up

Turn 6/7 is actually slow for that deck. Every time I’ve fought it, 70% of the time I’m dead on 3/4 with the other 30% being me gassing them and they concede on 4/5.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    thats why the random shit is there. when gassed out you go for the hail maries.

PS i switched one other spell for an astalor. VALUE baby

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »

Turn 6/7 is actually slow for that deck. Every time I’ve fought it, 70% of the time I’m dead on 3/4 with the other 30% being me gassing them and they concede on 4/5.

warriors are the worst.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Every class takes a turn in the chair of Those Guys Should Be Shot Into The Sun, but it's usually Priest getting punted out of the seat instead of Warlock.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Mass layoffs, at least 3 got shit canned from team 5, one tools lead with 18 years at the business unceremoniously let go with no warning

Capitalism baybee

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    All right well I found a degenerate Yogg deck that isn't Rogue. It's just Miracle Druid that draws its entire deck and can copy Yogg and Ignis to control and out value everyone.

I've also been messing with overheal Priest because I happen to have most of the cards. It's also a class I don't play much because like Warrior a lot of its decks have always felt like "wait for the opponent to run out of stuff" and I've never been into that. This let's me build a big board and has a lot of potential for burst to close out the game. It's cool.
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Mass layoffs, at least 3 got shit canned from team 5, one tools lead with 18 years at the business unceremoniously let go with no warning

Capitalism baybee

Fuck.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    From watching Twitch streamers, it seems like high legend has been infested by Miracle Druid for the last week. It will be interesting to see where it lands in the VS report this week. It seems to be a very Solitaire deck with some very Fun and Interactive™ losses for the opponent. I think Cantelope got killed by it after his turn 5 last night playing as Plague DK.

forty on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2023
    forty wrote: »
    From watching Twitch streamers, it seems like high legend has been infested by Miracle Druid for the last week. It will be interesting to see where it lands in the VS report this week. It seems to be a very Solitaire deck with some very Fun and Interactive™ losses for the opponent. I think Cantelope got killed by it after his turn 5 last night playing as Plague DK.

Between that, armor warrior, miracle rogue, and aggro priest I don't feel very guilty about playing it.

But you're absolutely right that miracle druid is another one of those "I'm just going to do my thing over here and then I'll either win or lose" decks. It's just that the whole game seems infested with them right now.

Edit: miracle druid, not rogue (but also miracle rogue)

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »

Capitalism baybee

that is lich king cold

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Incoming patch adjustments:

STANDARD BUFFS:

Down with the Ship, Tomb Traitor, Frost Queen Sindragosa, Tirion Fordring, and Lord Jaraxxus.

STANDARD NERFS:

Symphony of Sins, Coppertail Snoop, Spitelash Siren, Starstrung Bow, Craftsman's Hammer, Sanitize, and Contaminated Lasher.

STANDARD ADJUSTMENTS:

Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

WILD NERFS:

Firemancer Flurgl, Spirit of the Frog, Scargil, Kabal Lackey, Shadow Essence, and Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

WILD ADJUSTMENTS:

Mechwarper and Tony, King of Piracy.

TWIST BUFFS:

Cenarion Hold, Dragonfire Potion, Bronze Dragonknight, Tirion Fordring, Lord Jaraxxus, Elemental Destruction, and Al’Akir, the Winds of Time.

TWIST NERFS:

Chamber of Viscidus, Tiny Knight of Evil, Dark Bargain, Blast from the Past, Ivory Rook, Jade Telegram, The Scarab Lord, Blade of C'Thun, and Trial of the Jormungars.

BATTLEGROUNDS BUFF:

Imposing Percussionist.

BATTLEGROUNDS NERF:

Shady Aristocrat (Buddy to Sire Denathrius).

BATTLEGROUNDS ADJUSTMENTS:

Piloted Whirl-O-Tron (Buddy to Sneed), Street Magician (Buddy to The Great Akazamzarak). Felemental. Keyboard Igniter and Spark-ling.

Adjustments to Tirion and Jaxx in 2023 would've lost me a bet.

• Options
    Down with the Ship buffed again? I wonder what it'll be this time. 3 plagues instead of 2?

• Options
    How the hell do you have anomalies be your utter focus for weeks and run a quest for your special event that wants you to experience just one and then fail to program that quest to ever trigger?

• Options
    It could be something to do with this happening

715kvitw7c56.png

• Options
    Hearthstone has had a pretty long history of spaghetti, so I doubt some firings from the beginning of this week had a lot to do with it.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Hearthstone has had a pretty long history of spaghetti, so I doubt some firings from the beginning of this week had a lot to do with it.

Considering that the anomalies trigger before the start of game (see the Draw 2 extra cards breaking Genn/Baku if they get drawn), I could see the bounty not counting because it’s not triggered during the “game”.

ronzo on
  • Options
    Patch notes are up

Whole lot of changes.

• Options
    Auctioneer kicked from core, about time.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Auctioneer kicked from core, about time.

f0591646f1f034d28ab1df7b4d0433aa.jpg

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    But the deals...

• Options
    Switching from Control Warrior to Enrage has been pretty nice today (quick 7-1 run). People expect the Odyn/Riff answers and you're playing anything else but.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Had a golden Mechwarper I got to cash in from probably 8 years ago.

Idx86 wins the long game again, baby.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Lotta card changes. Can't wait to see how many pop up when I search my collection for "refund". Although a good number of them are core or that new twist set that I didn't waste gold on (hopefully I got some hits in the couple of free packs they gave away).

Interesting that they're buffing those DK cards by loosening the rune restrictions. Not sure exactly how much better Plague DK will be by not being chained to frost, but at least there might be more than one way to build the deck now.

• Options
    Into Dad Legend with another two wins to streak over the line. Thought I had been here before but the achievement list says nope. Huzzah.

Enrage can bang, no question. Running the VS list, with -1 Sunfury / +1 Blazing Power. I would honestly consider a second Blazing in there somewhere because it single-handedly won two of the wins along the way.

In fairness, it also was the source of my sole loss after I used it to crank up Remoria to double-digits and then the Paladin swiped it, thanked me, and beat me to death with it. So, y'know, varying mileage and all that.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    But the deals...

Hey, I enjoyed the best deals anywhere as much as the next ‘stoner.

But sometimes we gotta recognize when there’s too much of a good thing.

• Options
    Vindicated!

(I had a golden symfony of Sins laying around. That card struck me as a bunch of bullshit from the get go, so i didn't enchant it for the 1600, knowing it would get nerfed)

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Lotta card changes. Can't wait to see how many pop up when I search my collection for "refund". Although a good number of them are core or that new twist set that I didn't waste gold on (hopefully I got some hits in the couple of free packs they gave away).

Interesting that they're buffing those DK cards by loosening the rune restrictions. Not sure exactly how much better Plague DK will be by not being chained to frost, but at least there might be more than one way to build the deck now.

I’m not sure sindragosa was really a full buff, considering that blood DK is probably the deck that wants to discover it and can’t now.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The flip side is that it narrows the pool to more reliably hit other tools you would also want to discover.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I would normally disenchant Piracy Tony without even blinking, but it's the Signature version so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkA6685ZNZY

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    If you're playing on mobile and it's prompting you for a nonexistent update, force closing the client and reopening it should fix it