Options

[Hearthstone] Arfus is the bestest boy

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Safe to assume that Blizzcon merch has leaked the next Hearthstone expansion

xa2r4qcktw5n.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The fallout/hearthstone crossover you never knew you wanted

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    After a really long losing streak, I found an interesting rogue deck that me over the line into diamond. It's a fun list that I am playing poorly, but I'm enjoying it.
    ### Bigguns
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 2x (0) Preparation
    # 1x (0) Shadow of Demise
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 1x (1) Breakdance
    # 2x (1) Concoctor
    # 2x (1) Door of Shadows
    # 2x (1) Ghostly Strike
    # 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
    # 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
    # 2x (2) Ghoulish Alchemist
    # 2x (2) Potion Belt
    # 1x (2) Potionmaster Putricide
    # 2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike
    # 2x (2) Tentacle Grip
    # 2x (3) Sinstone Graveyard
    # 1x (5) Necrolord Draka
    # 2x (7) Scribbling Stenographer
    # 1x (15) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
    #
    AAECAYaSBAb23QTMoAXooAXipAXfwwWplQYM9p8E958Et7ME9N0E9d0E/O0EwYMF3aAF36AF4KAFwaEFtZkGAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    same here, turns out i just needed to mech rogue harder Nobody expects Dr Boom but he's actually very decent in mech rogue. I won many a game where they simply couldn't clear my minions without killing themselves.

### robots_yo
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 2x (0) Preparation
    # 2x (1) Click-Clocker
    # 2x (1) Drone Deconstructor
    # 2x (1) Frequency Oscillator
    # 2x (1) Gear Shift
    # 2x (2) From the Scrapheap
    # 2x (2) Invent-o-matic
    # 2x (2) Pit Stop
    # 2x (3) Bronze Gatekeeper
    # 2x (3) Coppertail Snoop
    # 1x (3) Mimiron, the Mastermind
    # 2x (3) SP-3Y3-D3R
    # 1x (5) Ini Stormcoil
    # 1x (6) Crabatoa
    # 1x (6) V-07-TR-0N Prime
    # 1x (7) Dr. Boom
    # 1x (7) Prison of Yogg-Saron
    #
    AAECAd75AwbYtgTsugS29gX++AXq+gXIngYM958E4bUE9d0E2dAF1fYFv/cFpvgF5voFofwF5/0Fuf4Fy54GAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Is there any location in World of Warcraft that Hearthstone hasn't covered? What about the Tauren? Tauren have low representation in Hearthstone.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Is there any location in World of Warcraft that Hearthstone hasn't covered? What about the Tauren? Tauren have low representation in Hearthstone.

literally just two sets ago was a rock concert hosted by Elite Tauren Chieftain that was crashed by the Grimtotem tribe

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I mean depending on what level of granularity you mean by location, I'm sure there are plenty of places that haven't been hit yet.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I remember when they pulled the “Heroes of Warcraft” out of the title and everyone speculated that they were going to start pulling stuff from their other IPs.

Where's my Starcraft expansion? Gimme a Zeratul portrait for rogues. Jim Raynor paladin. Kerrigan mage. Give me zealots and mutalisks and firebats and all that other good stuff.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I remember when they pulled the “Heroes of Warcraft” out of the title and everyone speculated that they were going to start pulling stuff from their other IPs.

Where's my Starcraft expansion? Gimme a Zeratul portrait for rogues. Jim Raynor paladin. Kerrigan mage. Give me zealots and mutalisks and firebats and all that other good stuff.

Thinking small now. Buff your Master Chief with "BFG" and have him swing into Crash (Bandicoot) for 666 damage.

• Options
    Clippy gonna break the meta in a year.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Clippy gonna break the meta in a year.

He counts as a Mech with magnetize, right?

• Options

Thinking small now. Buff your Master Chief with "BFG" and have him swing into Crash (Bandicoot) for 666 damage.

Hell yeah. Let's get the Dovahkiin in there and shit. Better yet, just rerelease Skyrim in Hearthstone.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Wake Up In The Wagon - 7-mana Rogue Legendary spell

Reset the game to both players' original opening hand and health.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpH0BIOKbU0

New Keyword: Quickdraw
    To win a Wild West Showdown, you’ve got to be quick on the draw! Cards with the new Quickdraw keyword get a special bonus if they’re played the turn they enter your hand. Fire your cards off as soon as you draw them for maximum effect!

New Keyword: Excavate
    What’s the Bloodrock Mining Company after, anyway? Why, Treasures, of course! Cards with the new Excavate keyword give you a Treasure when played. Each time you Excavate, you get a Treasure from the tier you’re on, and then you progress to the next tier, so the further you dig into the mine, the bigger and rarer your treasure gets. Talk about paydirt!

So, the first time you Excavate, you get one of five 1-mana Common Treasures. The next time you Excavate, you get one of five 2-mana Rare Treasures. Then one of five 3-mana Epic Treasures. Once you tap out your mine, you start your excavation over at Common in a new vein! In total, there are 15 Neutral Excavation Treasures that all classes can dig up: five at each rarity.

Also: Highlander decks are going to be on the menu.

okgr0nfdnqx0.png

2t9kzaa26nrd.png

The Judge on
  • Options
    You can't get blood from a stone.
    The Judge wrote: »
    Bloodrock Mining Company

Oh.

• Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    New Keyword: Quickdraw
    To win a Wild West Showdown, you’ve got to be quick on the draw! Cards with the new Quickdraw keyword get a special bonus if they’re played the turn they enter your hand. Fire your cards off as soon as you draw them for maximum effect!
    Oh good, a bunch of new ways to draw Patches!

• Options
    It's funny that the new expansion is wild west-themed. Magic is also releasing a wild west themed set "Outlaws of Thunder Junction."

This happened several years ago where both Magic and Hearthstone released prehistoric dinosaur-themed sets (Ixalan and Un'Goro, respectively). People got mad that one was copying the other, depending on which fandom you were part of (and therefore obligated to hate the "opposition"). Of course not realizing that the lead time on these things is years.

• Options
    now obviously, hearthstone is not attempting to be in-canon with the greater warcraft timeline. it's too constraining. too unfun. they're just riffing. but also, it is hilarious to me how much explicitly saying that this predates league of explorers breaks the timeline

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    If nothing else, I appreciate that they let the art/dev team are allowed to have fun with theming Warcraft material like this. I probably would have liked several of WoW's expansions a lot better if they went "okay this expansion is wild west themed, no further questions."

• Options
    I am hoping the flavor texts/card names will be half as good as the last couple of releases.

• Options
    mecha jaraxxus is back in battlegrounds which means it's time for the classic play: accidentally always putting the magnetic demons on jaraxxus instead of on something useful

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Is the mass pack opening thing not in the game yet? I tried to do it with a couple Standard packs and it didn't work.

• Options
    Cards like Rolling Fireball and The Lurker Below will no longer skip over Dormant minions and Locations. Instead, if there is an illegal target blocking the effect, the effect will end there.
    Pretty significant change (granted, for a not particularly common interaction) that will probably catch some people off guard in the future.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    It's funny that the new expansion is wild west-themed. Magic is also releasing a wild west themed set "Outlaws of Thunder Junction."

This happened several years ago where both Magic and Hearthstone released prehistoric dinosaur-themed sets (Ixalan and Un'Goro, respectively). People got mad that one was copying the other, depending on which fandom you were part of (and therefore obligated to hate the "opposition"). Of course not realizing that the lead time on these things is years.

They shared notes spied on each other during development. Duh.

Clearly, Blizzard/WoTC (delete as appropriate) is evil.
    They're both evil.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    I noticed there's a free pack of standard cards in the in-game store today.

• Options
    I noticed there's a free pack of standard cards in the in-game store today.
    Yep, that was buried deep in the patch notes. I've noticed a free pack hanging around in the store a couple times in the past as well. It's hard to know about them unless you are checking the shop every day since it pretty much always has a "!" on it.

osonl01ewrpn.png

Be sure to keep checking back each week since it sounds like this will probably continue until the expansion hits?

• Options
    Hey, Diamond 5--Dad Legend! Wasn't expecting to push but maybe I'll make a run at legend with so much time left in the season. Here are the decks that got me where I'm at.

Rogue - 9W - 6L
    ### Weaponz
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 2x (0) Preparation
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 1x (1) Breakdance
    # 2x (1) Concoctor
    # 2x (1) Door of Shadows
    # 2x (1) Ghostly Strike
    # 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
    # 2x (2) Potion Belt
    # 2x (2) Tentacle Grip
    # 2x (3) Sinstone Graveyard
    # 2x (4) Prison Breaker
    # 1x (5) Necrolord Draka
    #
    AAECAYaSBAb23QTMoAXooAXipAXfwwWplQYM9p8E958Et7ME9N0E9d0EwYMF3aAF36AF4KAFwaEFtZkGwpoGAAA=
    #

Paladin - 7W - 0L
    ### Welcome to Erf
    # Class: Paladin
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 2x (1) Foul Egg
    # 2x (1) Pelican Diver
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
    # 2x (2) Order in the Court
    # 2x (2) Watcher of the Sun
    # 2x (3) Boogie Down
    # 2x (3) Hammer of Wrath
    # 1x (3) Starlight Groove
    # 1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame
    # 2x (4) Keeper's Strength
    # 2x (4) Stoneheart King
    # 2x (5) Disciple of Amitus
    # 2x (5) Tyr's Tears
    # 1x (6) Tyr
    # 1x (7) Amitus, the Peacekeeper
    # 2x (10) The Garden's Grace
    #
    AAECAb7jAwTBxgWL/gWN/gXYgQYNyaAE6rkE2r0EwOIEoJkFwcQF7ukFre0Fiv4FwoIGjpUGtZ4GhqMGAAA=
    #

• Options
    The Paladin deck name made me chuckle since my copy is named ERF DAY.

• Options
    Kibler has been expressing more and more frustration with the state of the game lately, to the point where he will just switch to playing something else in the middle of his regular hearthstone streams. He has done this maybe only a handful of times.

It feels bad because he is one of the last of the “old guard” streamers still kicking. If he left I don’t think it would be like the death of the game or anything, but it’s also not a great sign.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Kibler has been expressing more and more frustration with the state of the game lately, to the point where he will just switch to playing something else in the middle of his regular hearthstone streams. He has done this maybe only a handful of times.

It feels bad because he is one of the last of the “old guard” streamers still kicking. If he left I don’t think it would be like the death of the game or anything, but it’s also not a great sign.

What is he unhappy with, specifically?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    There is a lot of punishment out there if you want to run minion based decks. Inquisitive Creation and the neutral Prisonbreaker are probably the big culprits. Pile on classes with endless removal right now (priest, death knight) and you get something that can get very frustrating very fast.

I haven’t encountered it as much myself but I watched him play for a bit yesterday and I completely understand where he’s coming from.

• Options
    Hmm, that's true. It does feel like if you want to run minions, you need multiple ways to reload your board on demand.

• Options
    There also isn't that much in the way of good deathrattles that leave you with something after an AoE (and even things like Corpse Explosion and Defile can take those out).

• Options
    Dad Legend again - mishmash of various warrior and pally decks, specifically VS Pure Paladin for the last stretch.

It's weird that I saw Death Knights everywhere playing Warrior but they immediately vanished and it was all Priests and Rogues the moment I flipped to Paladin.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Hit legend with my take on Yogg Rogue! After swapping in Potionmaster Putricide and Astalor to counter all of the swarm decks (mostly paladin, shaman, and Druid), I ran a 75% win rate from dad legend to real legend.

The deck is a bit memey but the game plan is solid. Mulligan for your potion stuff (or more tempo removal for certain matchups) and churn through your deck while searching for Yogg. You’ll mostly use Yogg to steal important minions (like Titans and other Yoggs) and board clear, with tentacles only coming as finishers.

Denathrius looks random but can be surprisingly good. Ten cost tentacles can cast From De Other Side, which allows Denathrius to heal while staying in hand as a finisher. Plus, you summon a ton of random chump minions so he gets pretty big and serve as a finisher in a pinch.

The biggest skill check with the deck is correct choice of potions (don’t be too greedy against aggro), knowing when to save shadowsteps/breakdance for Yogg vs. using them for tempo, and praying to RNGesus when using Prison.

This is not a good deck to run on autopilot. There are a lot (I mean A LOT) of decisions to make that will greatly impact your winrate. But it is immensely satisfying to master. Good luck!

### Yogg Rogue
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 2x (0) Preparation
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Breakdance
    # 2x (1) Concoctor
    # 1x (1) Door of Shadows
    # 2x (1) Ghostly Strike
    # 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
    # 2x (2) Fan of Knives
    # 2x (2) Potion Belt
    # 2x (2) Tentacle Grip
    # 1x (5) Queen Azshara
    # 1x (7) Prison of Yogg-Saron
    # 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
    #
    AAECAYO6AgjbuQTp0AT03QTMoAXooAXipAX++AWplQYL9p8E958Et7ME9d0E3aAF36AF4KAFwaEF38MFtZkG2aIGAAA=
    #

• Options
    Speaking of our various grinds to dad/legend, just came across this flavor text:

z40ksm9ymyxb.png

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I wish you could see those ingame.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Ragers are back, and they made the reveal in the CustomHS cards Reddit.

[Here you go](https://www.reddit.com/r/customhearthstone/comments/17d6cmj/made_this_while_at_work_thoughts/)

I lolled at the comments.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    The Rager power creep is real.