Options

[Hearthstone] Arfus is the bestest boy

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    First, free stuff avail:

Celebrate 10 years of Hearthstone with 10 rewards in 24 hours! From March 11, 10:00 a.m. (PDT) to March 12, 10:00 a.m. (PDT) you can earn the following drops to enjoy across Hearthstone modes, just for watching any Hearthstone stream:

1st Drop: 1 Festival of Legends Card Pack and Crystal Justice Epic Battlegrounds Strike
    2nd Drop: 1 TITANS Card Pack and 1 Showdown in the Badlands Card Pack
    3rd Drop: 2 Tavern Tickets
    4th Drop: 2 Whizbang’s Workshop Card Packs
    5th Drop: 1 Golden Whizbang’s Workshop Card Pack and Harth Stonebrew Battlegrounds Bartender

Second, two rule changes:

[Hearthstone] Rules change! Temporary mana (such as from the Coin or Innervate) can now make you go above max mana. This applies to the base max mana of 10 and to any modified max mana, like if you’ve played Wildheart Guff or Audio Amplifier.
    [Hearthstone] Another rules change! You can now have multiple of the same Sigil, Objective, or Aura in play at the same time. Secrets, Quests, Questlines, Sidequests, and Battlegrounds effects that use the Secret Zone are still restricted to one instance in play at a time.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    They also changed the portraits for paladin dudes. There are now 3 (or 4) different types that appear randomly when you click the button, or summon them from cards.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I think the patch notes said there were 6. Or maybe it was 6 new ones, plus the OG one?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's also currently bugged to treat them all as separate "cards" so the paladin cards that rez different paladin minions can just grab you three different silver hand champions, so probably wait a day or two before playing that archetype

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    That's absolutely what I expected to happen. Bravo.

• Options
    Another seemingly player benefiting change (it's Blizzard so there may be the curling of a monkey finger involved):
    Achievements Updates

Unlike prior expansions, Showdown in the Badlands Achievements will not stop awarding XP with Patch 29.0 and will, instead, keep granting XP on the next Rewards Track! There will be fewer new Achievements in Whizbang’s Workshop, but each of those new Achievements will each grant more XP than main-set Achievements have typically given in the past.
    I've been asking/hoping for that since the first time they rotated out set achievement XP years ago. There was never a good reason for it, and it looks like they finally figured that out, so yay.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited March 12
    Seems Battle.net is down for me. I've tried it on two different computers and they both say that The Update Agent went to Sleep. Attempting to Wake it up...

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

Edit: Seems I had to clear the Program Cache and change the owner. Very odd that it happened on both of the computers.

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    How do I do the middle quest or just reroll it?
    ycll79iod5fh.png

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    How do I do the middle quest or just reroll it?
    ycll79iod5fh.png

Blizzard just like to taunt those of us with no friends.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Warrior: Steam Cleans to remove the Plagues.
    Me: Down with the Ship which puts two Frosts.
    Warrior: Brann which does nothing.
    Me: Attack some more.
    Warrior: Reno which does nothing. <concedes>

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    I have been playing with this deck I just threw together?
    ### Big beasts quick!
    # Class: Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 2x (1) Awakening Tremors
    # 2x (1) Bunch of Bananas
    # 2x (1) Thornmantle Musician
    # 2x (1) Trinket Tracker
    # 2x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
    # 2x (2) Castle Kennels
    # 2x (2) Selective Breeder
    # 2x (2) Spirit Poacher
    # 2x (3) Wild Spirits
    # 2x (4) School Teacher
    # 2x (5) Star Power
    # 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
    # 2x (6) Hollow Hound
    # 2x (7) Faithful Companions
    # 1x (7) Hydralodon
    # 1x (8) Hodir, Father of Giants
    # 1x (9) King Krush
    #
    AAECAR8E4Z8E57kE1/kFgIIGDerpA5a3BMzkBNDkBNLkBKqkBa6kBebKBY/kBfPyBeT1Bcj2BdL4BQAA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I have that quest from when I last played 2 or more years ago about winning 5 games of the ranked. THe odd thing is people are easier from when I lasted played as I can take out players with just the worms from awakening tremors and the wild spirts as aggramar is the backup for that from the 3 games I have played?

• Options
    New Tavern Brawl this week - they show you 14 cards on the board without names and from the 20 name cards in your hand, you have to match them all up. There's like maybe a 2 or 3 minute timer going. Fail once and you start over.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Fun brawl, harder than I thought it would be

• Options
    see in contrast i was a little embarrassed about how quickly i completed it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    New Tavern Brawl this week - they show you 14 cards on the board without names and from the 20 name cards in your hand, you have to match them all up. There's like maybe a 2 or 3 minute timer going. Fail once and you start over.
    Apparently this was already in the game as one of those secret puzzles tied to an achievement. I hadn't done it yet, so it was an enjoyable memory/guessing challenge.

Also, a 20 card hand is a mess!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I love poking the murloc plush in the top left corner of the new board. It's like one of those inflatable Bop clowns.

• Options
    Kibler managed to get a Wheel of Death victory. Here's the final animation if you're interested:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyTameAntTheTarFu-TXsxAlzJY3SnbOqR

• Options
    Very unhappy to see 40 health Renathal decks again.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

The current devs love combo-control, unfortunately. Renathal will leave standard soon at least but most recent metas feel like various flavors of heavy draw based control bashing against each other while one or two hyper-aggro decks try to sneak under them on occasion. Personally, I miss the days of Zoolock being relevant and fighting for board control with minions rather than swinging the board with ridiculous power plays from one or two cards, but nothing about the upcoming set makes me believe this is going to change anytime soon.

• Options
    edited March 14

The current devs love combo-control, unfortunately. Renathal will leave standard soon at least but most recent metas feel like various flavors of heavy draw based control bashing against each other while one or two hyper-aggro decks try to sneak under them on occasion. Personally, I miss the days of Zoolock being relevant and fighting for board control with minions rather than swinging the board with ridiculous power plays from one or two cards, but nothing about the upcoming set makes me believe this is going to change anytime soon.
    I know the week of nerf reverts before a rotation is always a clusterfuck meta of random stuff you got sick of facing in the last year or two, but 40 health Renathal always felt particularly egregious. Almost every ladder match I've had so far this week starts off with "AHA!" and I just keep groaning.

forty on
  • Options
    edited March 15
    Cleave Hunter seems decent? Had a good run with it tonight at least, maybe I was just drawing lucky. I just grabbed this list off hsreplay: https://hsreplay.net/decks/4aXMEQ603jeEZALbVi7dLf/

The rare handbuff deck that actually seems to work!

forty on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    69zn25wdg4zm.png

God damn, now that's a card design.

Still sure as shit wouldn't pay $50 for it, but very impressive nonetheless.

• Options
    I coincidentally just looked through the store yesterday for the first time in a long while and was astonished at what they're charging for signatures.

• Options
    I coincidentally just looked through the store yesterday for the first time in a long while and was astonished at what they're charging for signatures.

I am tempted to get Malf giving the noggie to Illidan druid thing
    The other things like a cake you throw and a stoneborn something as well as other things I have no idea what they are or how you use them

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 18
    Hi Hearthstone Thread I went out to the gas station to buy some cigs and they were really good cigs so I kinda just stayed at the gas station for a while but they're all out of cigs so now I'm here

Anyways remember when I said I was quitting Hearthstone, me too good times good times anyways turns out I was lying about that cause I ended up a) continuing to play Battlegrounds even though it was Pain and Suffering b) getting back into Constructed when Titans came out

Why Titans??? Cause Plague DK looked hella cool and I had a ton of gold saved up and I ended up pulling Helya and I was like, okay yeah sure. So anyways I've been playing iterations of Plague DK since Titans and uhhhhhhhh it's all I HAVE been playing lmao. I ain't paying money for this shit anymore so I'm living that f2p life, which means my options are limited (I could probably make some other decks tbh but I'm having too much fun with Plague DK). Mostly it was just like, wow damn this is a deck that is completely different than how DK plays otherwise! And I was like, cool. Cause Blood is boring stall and healing and control and zzzzz, Unholy is braindead faceroll aggro, Frost is-- does Frost exist, is that even a deck. i think it's supposed to be like some kinda burn deck or something-- no one plays Frost ANYWAYS

Plagues are neat

And I ended up cooking a deck of my own creation

Which I piloted to Legend this season

f4zzdv0ib7ct.png

# 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
    # 2x (1) Staff of the Primus
    # 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
    # 2x (2) Distressed Kvaldir
    # 2x (2) Down with the Ship
    # 2x (2) Kobold Miner
    # 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
    # 2x (3) Hardcore Cultist
    # 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 2x (3) Reap What You Sow
    # 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 1x (9) The Sunwell
    # 1x (4) Helya
    # 2x (4) School Teacher
    # 2x (4) Skeleton Crew
    # 2x (4) Tomb Traitor
    # 2x (5) Burrow Buster
    # 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
    # 1x (6) Gnomelia, S.A.F.E. Pilot
    # 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
    # 1x (7) Prison of Yogg-Saron
    # 1x (8) The Primus
    # 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
    # 2x (11) Chained Guardian
    # 1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss

Deck code: AAECAdDJBgqX7wSk7wTipAX9xAX++AWT+wXt/wWplQb/lwbh6wYPlrcEh/YEs/cEopkF9fcFgvgF8vgFu/kF+PkF6/8FyoMG0IMG9YwGhY4G85EGAAED1KEF/cQFzZ4G/cQF0Z4G/cQFAAA=

So that's cool!! A deck of my own creation hit Legend. There's too many good cards that I like to be able to fit all of them into a 30 card deck so I went XTRA LARGE with Renathal (that unnerf is real nice too). I tweaked the shit out of it after the pre-Whizbang patch changes went in (Gnome Muncher being Runeless is amaaaaaazing). Gnomelia's crazy good (really good early Azerite Rat target too). My Etcetera pick is Dirty Rat like 80% of the time, it has won me many a game vs Warriors by pulling their Brann/Astalor/Odyn. Sunwell if I just need some spells. Rustrot Viper if it's too late for Dirty Rat or I need to get rid of an Ignis weapon

(Yes I'm still playing Battlegrounds, Anomalies were even fuckin worse than Quests and I'm glad they've been banished to the Shadow Realm, Tavern Spells are pretty cool I like them they can stay, they brought Quests back though so hhhhhhhhhhhhh)

wow though, me having fun with hearthstone again. imagine

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Well shit, there goes the thread.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    66moeovejpbb.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Hi Hearthstone Thread I went out to the gas station to buy some cigs and they were really good cigs so I kinda just stayed at the gas station for a while but they're all out of cigs so now I'm here

I applaud the commitment to the bit showing up out of nowhere just before a major holiday with an off-brand gift.

• Options
    I told you dad would come back for us!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I'm back, kids :')

And I brought presents, it's the new Hearthstone expansion!!! Wow!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I told you dad would come back for us!

Dibby? Daddy? Dabby?

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

Anyways remember when I said I was quitting Hearthstone, me too good times good times anyways turns out I was lying about that cause I ended up a) continuing to play Battlegrounds even though it was Pain and Suffering b) getting back into Constructed when Titans came out

Why Titans??? Cause Plague DK looked hella cool and I had a ton of gold saved up and I ended up pulling Helya and I was like, okay yeah sure. So anyways I've been playing iterations of Plague DK since Titans and uhhhhhhhh it's all I HAVE been playing lmao. I ain't paying money for this shit anymore so I'm living that f2p life, which means my options are limited (I could probably make some other decks tbh but I'm having too much fun with Plague DK). Mostly it was just like, wow damn this is a deck that is completely different than how DK plays otherwise! And I was like, cool. Cause Blood is boring stall and healing and control and zzzzz, Unholy is braindead faceroll aggro, Frost is-- does Frost exist, is that even a deck. i think it's supposed to be like some kinda burn deck or something-- no one plays Frost ANYWAYS

Plagues are neat

And I ended up cooking a deck of my own creation

Which I piloted to Legend this season

f4zzdv0ib7ct.png

# 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
    # 2x (1) Staff of the Primus
    # 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
    # 2x (2) Distressed Kvaldir
    # 2x (2) Down with the Ship
    # 2x (2) Kobold Miner
    # 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
    # 2x (3) Hardcore Cultist
    # 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 2x (3) Reap What You Sow
    # 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 1x (9) The Sunwell
    # 1x (4) Helya
    # 2x (4) School Teacher
    # 2x (4) Skeleton Crew
    # 2x (4) Tomb Traitor
    # 2x (5) Burrow Buster
    # 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
    # 1x (6) Gnomelia, S.A.F.E. Pilot
    # 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
    # 1x (7) Prison of Yogg-Saron
    # 1x (8) The Primus
    # 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
    # 2x (11) Chained Guardian
    # 1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss

Deck code: AAECAdDJBgqX7wSk7wTipAX9xAX++AWT+wXt/wWplQb/lwbh6wYPlrcEh/YEs/cEopkF9fcFgvgF8vgFu/kF+PkF6/8FyoMG0IMG9YwGhY4G85EGAAED1KEF/cQFzZ4G/cQF0Z4G/cQFAAA=

So that's cool!! A deck of my own creation hit Legend. There's too many good cards that I like to be able to fit all of them into a 30 card deck so I went XTRA LARGE with Renathal (that unnerf is real nice too). I tweaked the shit out of it after the pre-Whizbang patch changes went in (Gnome Muncher being Runeless is amaaaaaazing). Gnomelia's crazy good (really good early Azerite Rat target too). My Etcetera pick is Dirty Rat like 80% of the time, it has won me many a game vs Warriors by pulling their Brann/Astalor/Odyn. Sunwell if I just need some spells. Rustrot Viper if it's too late for Dirty Rat or I need to get rid of an Ignis weapon

(Yes I'm still playing Battlegrounds, Anomalies were even fuckin worse than Quests and I'm glad they've been banished to the Shadow Realm, Tavern Spells are pretty cool I like them they can stay, they brought Quests back though so hhhhhhhhhhhhh)

wow though, me having fun with hearthstone again. imagine

I played this morning with this for a game (whoops, retired some quests before the rotation) and in my first game I used ETC to Dirty Rat out a Sif.

Gnomelia also helped with a board clear early. A+ deck, sad it will be irrelevant in about 4 hours. :(

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    I cracked out just for the card back and got to bronze
    4l4a8gj1easq.png
    With the deck I posted

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 19
    Just had probably my favorite ranked game of all time.

To have some fun and kill time before the new expansion I put together the weirdest Rogue deck. Reno/Stonebrew. Rest of the deck is draw and search and stall. Idea is literally to just have fun and get Stonebrew early and see what happens.

I come up against a Reno/Brann warrior.

I play Reno on 8, then Stonebrew on 9 and it gives me the Shudderwock hand. :o

I get the combo off (playing Chain Gang, Worldshaker, Zola, 2x Glacial Shard before) and just play endless Shudderwocks who also play Reno's battlecry so the rest of the game I can clear the board and leave my opponent with just a single space to play while also being frozen.

Absolute BEST way to end the year, imo.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    8xhc5d1u3gic.png

If he doesn't roar THIS AISLE BELONGS TO THE TITANS when you play him I will be sad.

Hahaha - it's "THIS TOY STORE BELONGS TO THE TITANS", so A+ all the way, thank you Blizz.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    All right, between rewards and gold I opened 60 packs and was able to make a decent hand buff death knight. I want to tweak it a little bit, but Sickly Grimewalker + Darkthorn Quilter is my new favorite combo.

I really want to try casino spell mage but I'm not quite ready to craft anything right now.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    2 legends out of 52 packs when Badlands released.

5 legends out of 53 packs this time: Horseman, Golden Sky Mother Aviana, Galactic Projection Orb, Toy Captain Tarim (yaaaaay), and GM Nemsy.

• Options
    2 legends out of 52 packs when Badlands released.

5 legends out of 53 packs this time: Horseman, Golden Sky Mother Aviana, Galactic Projection Orb, Toy Captain Tarim (yaaaaay), and GM Nemsy.
    Papa Dibby did bring you gifts.

• Options
    i was "fortunate" enough to open the new whizbang so i took him out for a spin today

folks you're not going to believe this but those decks aren't very good!

i think the worst might be the EVIL deck, it's like if you took one of the early lackey decks - you know, before all the Galakrond stuff - and then just stripped out all the spells and stuff that would help you control the board and replaced them with all the other class' lackey generation cards.

i'm not against losing all the time with these decks, i'm totally okay with a deck being more about Fun than Winning, but it's really rare that you actually get to do something funny with these decks, you're just sweating the entire time with your back against the wall desperately trying to use draw or discover effects. i think they genuinely only work in a Whizbang V Whizbang format, which is a bummer. like i say i don't need winning games, i just need to feel like i had the opportunity to do funny things with the wacky card

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited March 20
    ooo the King Krush for hunters but it's 15 hmm Leory Jenkins is 25? it's animated? the rewards track has something interesting for warlocks the original fel elf Zail Starfallen Sargeras in a box as well
    I missed out on the pre bundle but getting cards now is odd? It's still gold or cash but the bundles are ok...

How long do these last in the shop?

Brainleech on