As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Goddammit Bob Saget died [NSFW]

jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you?DC(ish)Registered User regular
edited January 2022 in Debate and/or Discourse
jmcdonald on

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    2022 sucks.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    What the fuck

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    I object to the mildness of the thread title. Also just mark the whole thing NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bghII8TlO_U

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    What the fuck

Wonder if it had to do with him having scleroderma, which is in the same wheelhouse as lupus, rheumatic joint disease, and fibromyalgia.

I shall always remember him as a man unafraid to live life on his terms and use it for financial gain:

(NSFW for hot tongue on sac action):

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    I object to the mildness of the thread title. Also just mark the whole thing NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bghII8TlO_U

Good point. Flagged.

I’d have made the title more ribald, but people browse at work. Also 13+ forum (ostensibly)

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Madden, Betty White and now Bob Sagat. Grim reaper straight going after the big names of my youth.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Every time I see someone get hit in the nuts, I'll think of Bob Saget.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I grew up with Bob Saget on AFHV and Full House. Finding out about his raunchy ass comedy as a teenager blew my mind.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    2022 sucks.

Like, what the hell, the 20s are shaping up to be the worst decade in my lifetime. And I lived through 70s fashion, 80s hair, 90s faux nihilism, 00s weird purity culture and 10s Nazi revival tour.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Madden, Betty White and now Bob Sagat. Grim reaper straight going after the big names of my youth.

And Sidney Poitier.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Eh

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Gyral wrote: »

And Sidney Poitier.

So, is this The Rapture and I just didn't make the cut?

• Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Seeing the guy I only knew as Danny Tanner talk about sucking dick for coke was a seminal moment in my adolescent development.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Will be interesting how todays cancel culture media handle the obituaries. On one hand he's mostly know inoffensive family friendly entertainment AFHV and Fullhouse. On the other, Bob Saget raped and kill a girl in 1990.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I thought that was Glenn Beck?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Will be interesting how todays cancel culture media handle the obituaries. On one hand he's mostly know inoffensive family friendly entertainment AFHV and Fullhouse. On the other, Bob Saget raped and kill a girl in 1990.

I am imploring people to disregard this rumor!

spool32 on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Oh what the fuck.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    My mind can't process Artie Lange outliving Bob and Norm.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It is great that this is marked NSFW. Totally Bob Saget.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I grew up with Bob Saget on AFHV and Full House. Finding out about his raunchy ass comedy as a teenager blew my mind.

I still find it amazing how he kept kind of low profile on that. Even with YouTube these days.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    TexiKen wrote: »

Seriously. Artie did heroin. How in the world did he outlive them?

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Wow this one really feels out of left field. Like many here, learning that Bog Saget was this raunchy comedian in my 20s completely blew my mind, but introduced me to so many comedians in his circle. I can't believe it still.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    It would actually be funny if they never figure out why he died.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Florida. Florida is the reason.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

I still find it amazing how he kept kind of low profile on that. Even with YouTube these days.

I walked a very similar path, with my sister watching Full House (which I found entirely unfunny), and then the dreadful material he had to work with on AFHV (which I also disliked for the staggering amount of actual harm that seemed to happen, like if 50 people all crash on bicycles while racing downhill, some of them probably got hurt, insert audience/canned laughter!).

So finding out this boring/bland dude was one of the filthiest guys in the business while watching some random comedy special one night while prepping for an uncle's wedding was a moment that stood out.

And maybe it's in part due to that very juxtaposition, but all the same, I had to give begrudging props to someone willing to be plain water levels of bland for what is likely far more money than I'll ever see, only to be utterly ribald when behind a mic.

I mean, it's not like he hid behind a pseudonym and funny glasses or something. Same dude could be giving bad dad puns at one point in the day, and telling shit that was x-rated a few hours later on the same channel.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options

He's the Keith Richards of comedy.

• Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Bob Saget came to my college once, in the distant past, and I went and saw his stand up routine.

Wasn't a big fan. Nonetheless RIP and all. At the very least he was someone who I've been familiar with in one way or another for pretty much my whole life.

Kaputa on
  • Options
    Really, I need to check out his stand up. It always seemed like a secret thing. I got the impression he was the winner with the Aristocrats joke.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    So some details are out from the police report.

No signs of foul play or drugs overdose. However, his family called the police several times for a welfare check, which seems odd to me in the knowledge they had apparently spoken to him the day before and started calling for the welfare check around late morning, when Saget would have normally been asleep after doing a late-night set.

I think that info puts intentional self-harm at the likelier end of the differential, sadly.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

No signs of foul play or drugs overdose. However, his family called the police several times for a welfare check, which seems odd to me in the knowledge they had apparently spoken to him the day before and started calling for the welfare check around late morning, when Saget would have normally been asleep after doing a late-night set.

I think that info puts intentional self-harm at the likelier end of the differential, sadly.

Well, maybe.

But if dad normally texts good morning to everyone and doesn't, after not responding to good night texts in the evening which is odd but not out of the ordinary, a welfare check is not out of the question.

I don't know either way and have no real investment in Saget beyond he was a comedian that was the dad on Full House / AFV host who also sucked dick for coke. He seemed to be a good guy mostly and good sport / humor, but I have no idea beyond that. Well, what I saw the past few days.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Bob Saget doing 'The Artistocrats' is what made me get the joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHeZS3mGDKY&t=23s

He's not for everyone, but I really appreciated his delivery for some reason.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Atomika wrote: »

Well you never really know. Maybe he was supposed to meet someone for lunch and they gave a heads up to his family that he no-showed?

Edit: apparently he was due to check out of the hotel which is usually around 10 so there would have been reason for him to be up.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    You can call the police to check on someone?
    Hmm. That might be handy.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

If they're a celebrity, yes. Your milage may vary.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

Yes, but welfare checks have also been the cause of multiple police murders of neurodivergent black people. So...

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

Yes, but welfare checks have also been the cause of multiple police murders of neurodivergent black people. So...

Not even that specific: anyone nearby when a "welfare check" is happening is at risk regardless of race, gender, or age, especially if the cops went to the wrong address.