As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    MARIO KART 9 NEVER

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Strikers , front mission and chrono chross are all insta buys .

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    God save the queen and all that palaver. Cucumber sarnies innit. Pudding and biscuits. Me favorite footie scran is beans on. Some tea with the trifle and treacle love?

Absalon on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    So no Zelda until late. Likely holiday release in November?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Well, it's Xenoblade. Just not the Xenoblade I'd been hoping for.

• Options
    swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    I am shocked that we'll get 48 more Mario Kart 8 tracks over a Mario Kart 9 but I guess given the sales numbers on MK8 they figured it made more sense to approach this way. That will definitely get me to sign up for the NSO Expansion Pack.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    In for the Mario Kart 8 tracks. Going to keep an eye on Kirby to see how it turns out. Wii Switch Sports could be fun party times. Splatoon 3 definitely.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Guess I’m buying deluxe . Since I had the Wii U version never felt the need to upgrade. Now that there is new stuff no reason not to.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well, guess we need a new Xeno thread now. (Last one's over 100 pages, so)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So that was the fuckin’ Mechonis sword. No idea what that could possibly mean.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    So glad XC3 looks like it's set more in the XC1 world. Looks great. Hopefully they bring some of the more fun mechanics from XC2 somehow though. Blades may have been a story and acquisition headache but I loved unlocking the affinity chart, certainly way more than mixing gems.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    He said it ties together the futures of both worlds (fuck you in particular, X, I guess)

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I wish I could wipe my mind of Live A Live, so I could enjoy having it blown all over again.

I laughed at the MK8 courses. "You fuckers won't stop buying this game. Seriously we did the math, everybody on the planet already owns a copy, how are you still buying it? FINE, we'll make more courses for it."

The last bit was funny for me.

"Please surprise Xenoblade X announcement."
    "Aww, it's not Xenoblade. Ah well."
    "..."
    "Wait a minute.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I'm shocked we didn't get anything for Mario & Rabbids or Zelda.

But Kirby, Fire Emblem Warriors, Chrono Cross, Mario Strikers, Xenoblade 3 and Mario Kart 8 DLC all look great. Among some other things too.

Seems weird though that they didn't include Chrono Trigger though.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Ugh, don't let sports games exist.

nintendo's sports games are good

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Cool, maybe this will be a good version of Chrono Cross?

They would have to finish the last 3rd of the game so it's probably not going to be much better than the one we already have.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Nintendo just reminding you Mother 3 coming never.

I'm actually feeling the opposite after today's announcements.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I hope for those 48 tracks they aren't just porting over all the Mario Kart Tour stuff.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ok, so this was probably one of the best Directs for me in a long time. So many games that I have to find out how I'm going to not only pay for, but have time to play:

Mario Kart DLC (48 Tracks!!!)
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3!!!! *faints again*
    Mario Strikers
    Switch Sports
    Splatoon 3
    Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp
    Horrible nightmare Kirby game
    Front Mission remake
    Klanoa Collection!

Plus Earthbound NSO update and Metroid Dread updates.

Such a phenomenal direct for me! :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    I hope for those 48 tracks they aren't just porting over all the Mario Kart Tour stuff.

I’m sure there will be a bunch of snes/64/DD etc tracks.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Me when the return of Salmon Run was announced:
    "Aw HECK YEAH! ...oh no we're in trouble."

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I have to wonder if the Star Wars Force Unleashed Switch release is based on the Wii/PS2 version and not the PS3/360 version.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Jesus, 2022 is packed. Definitely excited for Mario Strikers returning and Welsh Catgirl Chronicles 3. The amount of tracks they're adding to MK8 is boggling, I just hope they also include some of the new characters and karts introduced in the mobile game.

• Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    I have to wonder if the Star Wars Force Unleashed Switch release is based on the Wii/PS2 version and not the PS3/360 version.

They specifically said it was the Wii version. It's such a strange announcement...but didn't bother me, I can easily ignore that while playing all the other great stuff announced. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

They would have to finish the last 3rd of the game so it's probably not going to be much better than the one we already have.

And change a lot off the 2/3rds they did finish.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

I’m sure there will be a bunch of snes/64/DD etc tracks.

My understanding is that Mario Kart Tour has SNES/64/DD tracks as well. I would hate for them to do a copy/paste job.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Me when the return of Salmon Run was announced:
    "Aw HECK YEAH! ...oh no we're in trouble."

Being able to throw eggs in that mode, especially into the basket is such a game changer.

Also that Mario Kart DLC is making the switch online expansion more tempting to upgrade for me.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Enlong wrote: »
    He said it ties together the futures of both worlds (fuck you in particular, X, I guess)

Yeah, you can definitely see blades in it.

Xenoblade 2 bits:
    No really, spoiler if you don't recognize Xenoblade 2 chars and know all the bits there.
    That looks like Nia? The mask makes me wonder what's going on though. And then that looks like her too accompanying the MC? By outfit I think it's her on the title? She's basically immortal, so it could be her, but...

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    So no Zelda until late. Likely holiday release in November?

November 2023? Yes.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I seriously don't understand the logic of making Splatoon 3 look so visually gross. They took a series that is full of vibrant and bright colors and made it dingy and sickly looking.

I'm sure there's a story reason for it, but the trailer was as unappealing as I can imagine.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

They specifically said it was the Wii version. It's such a strange announcement...but didn't bother me, I can easily ignore that while playing all the other great stuff announced. :P

Yeah, just looked at the trailer again and it's definitely the Wii version. Odd choice but maybe they couldn't implement motion into the other version. Probably won't get it anyway.

Was actually hoping they were going to announce KOTOR2.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Yeah, just looked at the trailer again and it's definitely the Wii version. Odd choice but maybe they couldn't implement motion into the other version. Probably won't get it anyway.

I still have The Force Unleashed for the PS3 if I ever want to play it. I never did play the Wii version, it...doesn't look good. :?

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    I actually just replayed 1&2 on Xbox a few months back. It’s still fun

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

I still have The Force Unleashed for the PS3 if I ever want to play it. I never did play the Wii version, it...doesn't look good. :?

I remember playing the PSP (?) version, lots of fun for a port that did NOT run well.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I seriously don't understand the logic of making Splatoon 3 look so visually gross. They took a series that is full of vibrant and bright colors and made it dingy and sickly looking.

I'm sure there's a story reason for it, but the trailer was as unappealing as I can imagine.

I think the Salmonid mode is Splatoon 2 was similarly industrial and grimy, unless you're referring to a larger aesthetic trend across the trailers.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »

And change a lot off the 2/3rds they did finish.

The first two thirds are real good, imo.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    My only hope for the Chrono Cross remaster is they make the battle music better

It's so bad

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    So something interesting on the title card of Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Looks like in the background there is both the Sword of the Mechonis as well as the corpse of one of the Titans from XC2. Love the idea that both worlds are being merged after Future Connected. :D

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!