As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

this is a [chat]

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    i am going to take a wild guess that you're making reference to music. I don't listen to a lot of music.

:smile: Yeah, it's a somewhat famous track by Linkin Park. It's nothing about your expense, it's just an absurdism.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i am going to take a wild guess that you're making reference to music. I don't listen to a lot of music.

:smile: Yeah, it's a somewhat famous track by Linkin Park. It's nothing about your expense, it's just an absurdism.

Sorry, it just didn't land for me. :(

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    credeiki wrote:
    hm yeah the dragon fights got real boring after the first one

I think it might have been nice to make some different dragon movesets or something

whereas ulcerated tree spirits (aka wiggly dragons) were always kinda fun for me, although I can't explain why. I think cause I never quite figured out their moves and would just dodge responsively and whack away at them.

What place do you think they should cut?
    farum azula. i don't know if it makes slightly more sense on the 'normal' path - i took the frenzied flame to spare melina's life, so maybe if I had done it with melina in the forge of giants instead there would be some explanation as to why i am teleported to farum azula and what exactly i am doing there? but the zone sucks, like 3 ancient dragon fights, optional super dragon who also sucks and doesn't have a stake of marika so you have to spent 2 minutes running back every time you attempt them, and then a boss who is okay but again, zero context
    Huhhhh

No, there's no more context on the normal path. But as far as I know there's no context for why I was literally anywhere else in the game at any point, except for I went to Leyndell because the Elden Tree was there. So I suppose it didn't strike me as too weird that I got teleported so some random location again--I was pretty used to it by that point. It looked cool and I enjoyed the structure of the level and the spacing of the graces. It was fun to have some verticality to everything, and it felt like an aesthetic I hadn't seen yet in the game.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    So like I was saying

I can never tell how strong/noticeable my accent is.

technically, you don't have an accend, everyone else does.

I mean yeah of course but sometimes it's hard to tell all the ways other people speak wrong

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

That's alright, I subscribe to the shotgun pattern of shitposting

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    So anyways

I started blastin'

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    credeiki wrote:
    hm yeah the dragon fights got real boring after the first one

I think it might have been nice to make some different dragon movesets or something

whereas ulcerated tree spirits (aka wiggly dragons) were always kinda fun for me, although I can't explain why. I think cause I never quite figured out their moves and would just dodge responsively and whack away at them.

What place do you think they should cut?
    farum azula. i don't know if it makes slightly more sense on the 'normal' path - i took the frenzied flame to spare melina's life, so maybe if I had done it with melina in the forge of giants instead there would be some explanation as to why i am teleported to farum azula and what exactly i am doing there? but the zone sucks, like 3 ancient dragon fights, optional super dragon who also sucks and doesn't have a stake of marika so you have to spent 2 minutes running back every time you attempt them, and then a boss who is okay but again, zero context
    I like Farum Azula and I like Placudisax.
    They definitely do just plop you there at a point where it feels like the game should be done, though. Lore wise, it's the city of the dragons who ruled before the Elden Ring, and the reason you are there is to kill Maliketh and get the rune of death because if you don't have it you can't burn through the tree.

wait a second

did I completely miss that boss despite trying to do everything

as far as I can tell there's zero indication that boss is there, hmph
    you have to gesture somewhere? what the fuck, game https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragonlord+Placidusax
    I wasn't really looking stuff up unless I got stuck so I probably missed a lot of shit like this I guess

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    if you make your accent stronger on purpose then you can know how strong it is

go full parody

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Made a trip to Lewiston because Mom is having her bathrooms redone and ordered new toilets.

Lewiston is a smelly ugly place whose entire culture is "we are definitely not the place you want to be but we're reasonably close to a number of places you might want to be."

Got back, took one toilet upstairs and leaving the other in the car until the contractors do some stuff in the downstairs tomorrow.

95 lbs on a staircase where no 2 risers are the same height or depth, good times.

I need a nap but I think we're gonna put up some blinds in the bedroom or something.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I need a playlist to snowboard to

https://youtu.be/aB6byy-9a4I

Months before this game came out, previews were going nuts over the game's hyper-realistic details like your board leaving a trail behind in the snow as you made your way down the mountain. This was the power of the N64.

• Options
    i hate how I cannot request mexican coke from chipotle through a food delivery app

i don't want mexican sprite, i want that dark liquid!

• Options
    what kind of "we're reasonably close to nice places" type place is it

is it like "the town's motto is The Hotels Here Are Somewhat Cheaper" just-over-the-river type close to places one would actually visit or is it like, "if you lived here you'd only be a couple hours from all these better places" type proximity

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Are you an angel?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Make Coke Colombian again

• Options
    edited March 2022
    hbgplQvh.jpg

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    no poll? son am disappoint

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    also I have to back up to just express my surprise that 21st hasn't heard that linkin park song enough times to recognize it in those lines

to be clear, this isn't a "oh wow you didn't listen to linkin park?" type sentinment this is more like going, "what, really, you never had chickenpox? Huh! Thought nobody avoided that!"

that fucking song was everywhere. Anyway, since it's been twenty years, I feel like more people will understand how I felt about that band by looking at them now.

https://youtu.be/eVTXPUF4Oz4

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    hbgplQvh.jpg

Nah, I think Van Gogh, famous weeb, predates this photo.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

That's alright, I subscribe to the shotgun pattern of shitposting

on a related note I subscribe to shitting in a shotgun pattern

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also I have to back up to just express my surprise that 21st hasn't heard that linkin park song enough times to recognize it in those lines

to be clear, this isn't a "oh wow you didn't listen to linkin park?" type sentinment this is more like going, "what, really, you never had chickenpox? Huh! Thought nobody avoided that!"

that fucking song was everywhere. Anyway, since it's been twenty years, I feel like more people will understand how I felt about that band by looking at them now.

https://youtu.be/eVTXPUF4Oz4

oh i heard that song a few times, i just don't know the lyrics.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I know I used to be a better whistler but I haven't whistled in months and now my whistle is diminished.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    SJ when I was running regularly I would try for 1.5 miles at 5 mph, or a little worse than that

so imo you're doing great!

sig.gif
  • Options
    no poll? son am disappoint

he's just doing his best!

• Options
    To clarify, i heard the song enough to know part of the chorus but not much more stuck in my brain over time.

i don't listen to a lot of music, as i mentioned, and even out of the songs i listened to "a lot" (for me) I can't usually remember all the lyrics.

• Options
    I heard the song enough that I kind of started to mutter angrily to myself a little when it got to the chorus

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I heard the song enough that I kind of started to mutter angrily to myself a little when it got to the chorus

I TRIED SO HARD
    AND GOT SO FAAAAR
    BUT IN THE ENNNND
    IT DOESN'T EVEN MAAAAAATTTTTERRRR

• Options
    Their cover of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" is quite good.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    SJ when I was running regularly I would try for 1.5 miles at 5 mph, or a little worse than that

so imo you're doing great!

<3 I'm getting there!

I was just super stoked that I thought I could gut out the full two, but that's a fast pace at my current weight and just misjudged it a shade

Maybe a week and I'll have it

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    Mim wrote: »

I TRIED SO HARD
    AND GOT SO FAAAAR
    BUT IN THE ENNNND
    IT DOESN'T EVEN MAAAAAATTTTTERRRR

my youtube recommended is now infested with even more linkin park and videos about the guy in it dying and like no, go away, I don't care, I didn't search for that song because I like it you stupid machine

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

what

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    linkin park were v good

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

what

i posted

i really like it

like really really

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    linkin park were v good

Joe Hahn is incredibly technically proficient

Also, go fucking kill tonight, buddy

• Options

what

i posted

i really like it

like really really

This is actually legit good

what is even happening here

• Options

what

i posted

i really like it

like really really

yeah, damn, same

kind of a waste to put that guy on singing The One Linkin Park chorus over and over

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

what

i posted

i really like it

like really really

Linkin Park was/is an incredibly talented group of people that had one or two meme worthy songs and people attached onto them

Mike Shinoda's Fort Minor side project was fantastic.

• Options

what

i posted

i really like it

like really really

of course it's actually legit good

my taste is impeccable

• Options

what

i posted

i really like it

like really really

Linkin Park was/is an incredibly talented group of people that had one or two meme worthy songs and people attached onto them

Mike Shinoda's Fort Minor side project was fantastic.

Fort Minor is pretty fuckin' great.

• Options

what

i posted

i really like it

like really really

of course it's actually legit good

my taste is impeccable

Prove to me you taste is impeccable

I'll take a flank steak

This discussion has been closed.