Options

this is a [chat]

AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
this is a thread for chatting about things like how I had absolutely nothing to theme this on

ftOqU21.png

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Hey chat we need to have a serious discussion about abdhy not being able to come up with themes for this chat

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    you did good abdhy

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    ok0hzp6rqaf2.png

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Is this podracing?

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    all TVs should have a built in chromecast or whatever

how'm I supposed to watch my stories 🥺 (pro league games)

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Spotify is pushing me a playlist called 'Road Trip to Tokyo: the ultimate instrumental soundtrack for a long haul journey to the bustling metropolis in Japan that never sleeps'

First of all: that's oddly specific

Second: yes that is in my interests

Third: the tracks in it are just pretty much the same as the lofi girl music and have little to do with the theme. I guess it's mostly japanese musicians?

odd

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    i6mA4VUt9tuYjELobv_R-QpUWhmNu5kKEZrtyZ8MYoxQ

here's a map of arable land in (and around) europe from an article I'm reading tho

neat map

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

on the one hand i am amused that my tv remote is an app on my phone and i can turn the tv on and open whatever streaming app from another room

on the other hand i have to regularly log in to my tv remote

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

on the one hand i am amused that my tv remote is an app on my phone and i can turn the tv on and open whatever streaming app from another room

on the other hand i have to regularly log in to my tv remote

good news I was just dumb and there is a way to cast using some third party service

I wish I had figured this out a couple of days ago but phew!

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    30mm saboted AP will absolutely go through the weaker top armor of a T-72

There are issues with the A-10 but also let's not pretend about that

you know what, I was wrong about this, that top armor is higher that I expected and 30x173 APFSDS still only like 110ish RHA pen at the muzzle.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I need a playlist to snowboard to

• Options
    I'll probably just listen to guilty gear soundtracks

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Winky what are yo doing in Reno

My powers are very weak here so as you can see, my aura has yet to penetrate the city’s chakra

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    i6mA4VUt9tuYjELobv_R-QpUWhmNu5kKEZrtyZ8MYoxQ

here's a map of arable land in (and around) europe from an article I'm reading tho

neat map

I can't believe the Northern Irish border cannot be farmed

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

https://youtu.be/aB6byy-9a4I

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote:
    hm yeah the dragon fights got real boring after the first one

I think it might have been nice to make some different dragon movesets or something

whereas ulcerated tree spirits (aka wiggly dragons) were always kinda fun for me, although I can't explain why. I think cause I never quite figured out their moves and would just dodge responsively and whack away at them.

What place do you think they should cut?
    farum azula. i don't know if it makes slightly more sense on the 'normal' path - i took the frenzied flame to spare melina's life, so maybe if I had done it with melina in the forge of giants instead there would be some explanation as to why i am teleported to farum azula and what exactly i am doing there? but the zone sucks, like 3 ancient dragon fights, optional super dragon who also sucks and doesn't have a stake of marika so you have to spent 2 minutes running back every time you attempt them, and then a boss who is okay but again, zero context

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

https://youtu.be/Jp20J6--fGs

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

My powers are very weak here so as you can see, my aura has yet to penetrate the city’s chakra

I'm snowboarding

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

I'm snowboarding

No you're Winky

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    on the other hand: BRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTT

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    credeiki wrote:
    hm yeah the dragon fights got real boring after the first one

I think it might have been nice to make some different dragon movesets or something

whereas ulcerated tree spirits (aka wiggly dragons) were always kinda fun for me, although I can't explain why. I think cause I never quite figured out their moves and would just dodge responsively and whack away at them.

What place do you think they should cut?
    farum azula. i don't know if it makes slightly more sense on the 'normal' path - i took the frenzied flame to spare melina's life, so maybe if I had done it with melina in the forge of giants instead there would be some explanation as to why i am teleported to farum azula and what exactly i am doing there? but the zone sucks, like 3 ancient dragon fights, optional super dragon who also sucks and doesn't have a stake of marika so you have to spent 2 minutes running back every time you attempt them, and then a boss who is okay but again, zero context
    I like Farum Azula and I like Placudisax.
    They definitely do just plop you there at a point where it feels like the game should be done, though. Lore wise, it's the city of the dragons who ruled before the Elden Ring, and the reason you are there is to kill Maliketh and get the rune of death because if you don't have it you can't burn through the tree.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

I'm snowboarding

No you're Winky

My name is Winky B Snowboarding

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Orca wrote: »

I'm snowboarding

No you're Winky

My name is Winky B Snowboarding

the B stands for quality.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    30mm saboted AP will absolutely go through the weaker top armor of a T-72

There are issues with the A-10 but also let's not pretend about that

the gun can only penetrate in rather specific spots at specific angles at rather close ranges

it's also not made for diving at all so the top armor isn't the best thing to aim for but anyway

the plane's not good

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    An [older close relative] told me today that: they had been reading their medical journal online, after a UTI earlier in the winter. There they had seen the journal saying “Primary diagnosis: Malign Prostate Tumor”. They had never heard about this before, months out from the last exam and hearing from the hospital. They had called the hospital of course like “surely if I had a malign prostate tumor you would have told me about it”. And the hospital was like “lol sry the examiner typed the wrong code, sry it happens”.

So, good news I guess?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »
    An [older close relative] told me today that: they had been reading their medical journal online, after a UTI earlier in the winter. There they had seen the journal saying “Primary diagnosis: Malign Prostate Tumor”. They had never heard about this before, months out from the last exam and hearing from the hospital. They had called the hospital of course like “surely if I had a malign prostate tumor you would have told me about it”. And the hospital was like “lol sry the examiner typed the wrong code, sry it happens”.

So, good news I guess?

good to know clerical errors leading to frightening outcomes is something we all share

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

So, good news I guess?

"Hahahahaha, yeah, it happens you know? .... but seriously, it's actually colon cancer"

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote: »

So, good news I guess?

good to know clerical errors leading to frightening outcomes is something we all share

For sure, rather it went this way than an error in the inverted way I guess.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Guess who has a cat carrier now?

One step closer to cat.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So like I was saying

I can never tell how strong/noticeable my accent is.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I always did wonder how the A-10 was supposed to kill tanks with that gun

like, tanks kill tanks and they have huge guns

the A-10 has a 30mm gun, so how does it...?

and turns out oh it just doesn't, really.

I mean, A-10s destroyed over 900 tanks in Desert Storm alone

It destroys tanks with the cannon the same way it destroyed them with missiles: hitting them in the top.

• Options
    So like I was saying

I can never tell how strong/noticeable my accent is.

technically, you don't have an accend, everyone else does.

• Options
    Guess who has a cat carrier now?

One step closer to cat.

TAKES ME ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE CAT (I'M ABOUT TO CAT)

• Options
    i wish i knew what that means, SJ.

• Options
    i wish i knew what that means, SJ.

Will you try so hard to understand? Get so far?

Because in the end it doesn't even matter.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    I always did wonder how the A-10 was supposed to kill tanks with that gun

like, tanks kill tanks and they have huge guns

the A-10 has a 30mm gun, so how does it...?

and turns out oh it just doesn't, really.

I mean, A-10s destroyed over 900 tanks in Desert Storm alone

It destroys tanks with the cannon the same way it destroyed them with missiles: hitting them in the top.

they had complete air superiority and faced very little air defences - and did still mainly use missiles rather than the gun.

they were also facing the super outdated iraqi tank force

all invasion of iraq numbers will mostly just be about how often you can refuel and rearm the planes :P

edit: but also I am reading about the test and design about it - why not, military documentation is an underappreciated genre - and well seems the target to aim for is side, rear and turret armor - mainly because, well, you have to dive to hit the top properly, or like, to try specifically for that, and the A-10 doesn't really do that

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    i am going to take a wild guess that you're making reference to music. I don't listen to a lot of music.

This discussion has been closed.