As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] with friends.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    🦕
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I wish more furries were like gritty or the phanatic.

You know, keep it extra weird.

Sweetums

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    🦕
    shryke wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I wonder how Bridgerton S2 is doing in the ratings. I know it’s not as universally beloved as the first season due to having less emphasis on sex (sex was actually a overarching plot point in the first season), and that show has to cost a fortune in costumes alone.
    According to Wikipedia it crushed the ratings as the most watched English language show on Netflix.

Bridgeton is absolutely laser focused on an extremely lucrative but underserved (in TV and movies anyway) market.

I'm honestly shocked no one thought to do this before.

Like yeah, Outlander is there but that's a slightly different adjacent market.

Bridgerton is lighthearted Outlander. Outlander but your never really upset by the turns of events because they are all trite rich people nonsense instead of super serious life or death or turn of world events things. Which makes it an easy watch. It never is trying to say anything, at least not textually, or be dramatic in anything but a silly way. It's escapism. And it is nice to just have people not be racists for once.

But yeah, I didn't watch season 1. I've been watching season 2 with Jebustina and it is a good time. The sex scenes in season 2 were pretty tame.

Overall I like Outlander better, but this is a fun diversion.

In the spirit of pointless pedantry, I feel like they are actually related but ultimately entirely distinct genres. My experience with women's literature is that there's like your all lighthearted sexy books and your darker sexy books. A distinguishing feature imo of the second being the presence of sexual violence. (I'm sure someone's written some long dissertation on this) And they seem to hit different needs, if not necessarily different audiences. Bridgerton is the first, Outlander is the second and both are a blend of their genres with historical fiction.

I just find it interesting because both are afaik incredibly popular styles of literature but they've never really gotten much attention in TV and movies. At least, not with the appropriate amount of smuttiness. I guess non-streaming TV couldn't get away with that much sex unless you were HBO.

shryke on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    🦉
    I wish more furries were like gritty or the phanatic.

You know, keep it extra weird.

Sweetums

i'm no big-city furry but I can tell you one thing........ there's a lot of people who make it even more weird. And that's lovely, i love that.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Nobody is publicly a furry here, out and about town all drrssed up. And frankly it's boring.
    I wonder how Bridgerton S2 is doing in the ratings. I know it’s not as universally beloved as the first season due to having less emphasis on sex (sex was actually a overarching plot point in the first season), and that show has to cost a fortune in costumes alone.
    According to Wikipedia it crushed the ratings as the most watched English language show on Netflix.

Bridgeton is absolutely laser focused on an extremely lucrative but underserved (in TV and movies anyway) market.

Bridgerton is lighthearted Outlander. Outlander but your never really upset by the turns of events because they are all trite rich people nonsense instead of super serious life or death or turn of world events things. Which makes it an easy watch. It never is trying to say anything, at least not textually, or be dramatic in anything but a silly way. It's escapism. And it is nice to just have people not be racists for once.

But yeah, I didn't watch season 1. I've been watching season 2 with Jebustina and it is a good time. The sex scenes in season 2 were pretty tame.

In the spirit of pointless pedantry, I feel like they are actually related but ultimately entirely distinct genres. My experience with women's literature is that there's like your all lighthearted sexy books and your darker sexy books. A distinguishing feature imo of the second being the presence of sexual violence. (I'm sure someone's written some long dissertation on this) And they seem to hit different needs, if not necessarily different audiences. Bridgerton is the first, Outlander is the second and both are a blend of their genres with historical fiction.

I just find it interesting because both are afaik incredibly popular styles of literature but they've never really gotten much attention in TV and movies. At least, not with the appropriate amount of smuttiness. I guess non-streaming TV couldn't get away with that much sex unless you were HBO.

I don't think they are totally distinct genres. Jebustina reads this stuff all the time and the tone can vary pretty widely, even in a book.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    🦉
    Nobody is publicly a furry here, out and about town all drrssed up. And frankly it's boring.

I don't think they are totally distinct genres. Jebustina reads this stuff all the time and the tone can vary pretty widely, even in a book.

i mean..... If you want i can show you my fursona.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited April 2022

Tumin on
  • Options
    🦉
    I don't have like fancy professional character sheet or whatever you call those but I drew myself as an owl.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    🦕
    zagdrob wrote: »

We are like 3 episodes into S2 and loving it.

S1 was the best romance drama I've ever watched and usually I'm meh about those. S2 is still better than rolling the dice on anything else not sucking.

One of my favorite scenes in S2 was Daphne
    going off on her mom for constantly meddling and prodding her children into marriages without teaching them anything about sexuality or being in a healthy relationship. Daphne took being bad at sex really personally, and rightfully so I think.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    🦬
    Eddy wrote: »
    Apparently martinis!

-Steve Buschemi voice-

Martinis are for squares, man!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Why did Batman not simply call on the Eagles to evacuate Gotham

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    🦬
    330pm PST 343i announced that Halo Infinite’s second season is being extended to 6 months

So that means in this “live service” Halo they will have put out only two new maps by time it’s first anniversary rolls around

I’m sorry but if I’m head of first party at Xbox I don’t know how you tolerate this

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    🐕
    Weaver wrote: »
    imbram guant

Commissar Dan iirc

Captain Ban Duar

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    🪲
    Tumin wrote: »

The Eagles couldn't even find the exit at a Californian Holiday Inn.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    🦬
    Tumin wrote: »

This is a good plan. Just have them play "The Last Resort" and Gotham will be clearing out before the end of the first verse.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    🐳
    emnmnme wrote: »
    The DOTA cartoon had a decent first season but the second was weak to me; inconsistent characters and too many twists out of nowhere to resolve problems. There's no guarantee that Arcane's going to have a second season as strong as the first.

I mostly liked it, but it felt like they disregarded most of the little characterization there is in the game.

Also, it didn't have my favorite hero, Enchantress, which actually makes it the worst thing ever automatically.

• Options
    🐕
    main character needs a reboot every few years

• Options
    🦉
    I can't remember..... What's the term for that thing when a character teleports behind another character with a thweeep noise?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    🦬
    I am on the phone but the GF has some ties to drag. One of her best friends got together with their husband thanks to Ginger Minge. Also a lot of stuff in the south and such with minority drag folks that I think gets missed in the conversation especially in the West Coast.

It's interesting and though it has baggage it also does help folks too. More so thoughts if I wasn't phone typing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    🦬
    In other news Pelosi is on the next season of drag race all stars. Well that is a thing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    🪲
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    In other news Pelosi is on the next season of drag race all stars. Well that is a thing.

Ok I had to look this up because I'm like wait, as a drag queen?? --but no, she was invited to go on and be pro-lgbt and remind people to vote etc etc

I wonder if she's a fan of the show and was super excited or if it was just kind of a fun random excursion

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
  • Options
    🐕
    I'm having a real hard time with Farum Azula because it feels like home.

• Options
    🦉
    ok, today was productive.... two more sets of knacks done (Transmuter and Spellfist)
    fb8mzwb7jl7y.png
    6rijxka08kzx.png

I'm happy with Spellfist's dorky-ass FGC terminology.

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    🐈
    I ate too much pizza 5 hours ago and I'm still very full...

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    🐈
    also, I have to work tomorrow and I'm mad

• Options
    🐕
    Yeah, I've had lunch here.

awkh8ogq7gp4.jpg

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    🦉
    Oh God, I just spent 20 minutes fast-forwarding through Battleship and my cheeks hurt from making that bit-into-a-lemon face the whole time

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    🐕
    Hope everyone is having a good night

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    🐈
    Moonfall was dumb as shit.

They better make a sequel.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    🐍
    Weaver wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having a good night

Yeah, man. I'm super glad to be off the morning shift and back working evenings. It's quiet, I do my own thing, I can listen to music or podcasts or play my Switch all night.

Of course, that all depends on nothing on the network breaking, but it's been p good the last few months. Nothing catastrophic, haha.

(We did lose contact with a small community earlier tonight, but a tech was already in the area traveling, so it got sorted in a couple hours).

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh God, I just spent 20 minutes fast-forwarding through Battleship and my cheeks hurt from making that bit-into-a-lemon face the whole time

That movie is the platonic ideal of ‘I don’t like this but I have a fully formed picture in my head of people cheering at that scene’

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1741640/Shadows_of_Forbidden_Gods/
    A strategy game in which you attempt to bring about the apocalypse, by moving covert agents through a complex fantasy world to accomplish a wide range of schemes, plots and rituals. You start the game by bribing guards and infiltrating minor farming communities and slowly build up your forces until you are bringing about ice ages, eradicating entire nations with plague, summoning volcanoes and commanding city-devouring snake-gods.

You play a set of agents and corrupted heroes against the forces of good, the rulers and heroes of humanity, lead by the Chosen One. They may be stronger than you, and could eliminate your agents with ease, but you have the advantage of secrecy, and humans are easily turned one against each other. Why fight a war against a unified empire when you could shatter in into civil war and clean up the pieces with orcish hordes?

I cannot believe [chat] has not found this game already.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    🐁
    There’s a part of me that’s sad that I would having a real hard time writing “I know that you know that I know” psychological warfare stuff because “controlling artificer who puts up a façade of being The Best Mom even as she works to undermine and spy on and enslave her own son” is a more unique idea than “nihilistic asshole who believes that it’s a moral good to punish the world for its sins and leveling the playing field by reducing everything to ash” because megalomaniacal world-destroying villains are a dime a dozen

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

i mean..... If you want i can show you my fursona.

I will look at anyone's fursona.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    There’s a part of me that’s sad that I would having a real hard time writing “I know that you know that I know” psychological warfare stuff because “controlling artificer who puts up a façade of being The Best Mom even as she works to undermine and spy on and enslave her own son” is a more unique idea than “nihilistic asshole who believes that it’s a moral good to punish the world for its sins and leveling the playing field by reducing everything to ash” because megalomaniacal world-destroying villains are a dime a dozen

?

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Saw Everything Everywhere All At Once.

It's good! Don't look up anything about it!

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    🐈
    But I already looked up everything everywhere all at once about it!

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    🦕
    i art thou... thou art i...

come forth, FURSONA!

This discussion has been closed.