As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Ultraman Arc July 26! teaser on latest page!

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    KING-OHGER

expavgrhdv86.jpeg

Beetle theme maybe? I see beetle horns on the logo and the Megazord(?). Loving the eyebrows on the black ranger, and capes!

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Explicitly an insect theme according to rumors before now, so yep. Also damn those are some great designs

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    KuwagaOhger (Red) 🔴, TonboOhger (Blue) 🔵, KamakiriOhger (Yellow) 🟡, PapillonOhger (Purple) 🟣, HachiOhger (Black) ⚫️

For those confused: stag beetle, dragonfly, mantis, papillon (French for butterfly), bee

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    PapillOhger was right there as a portmanteau, Toei, Right there!

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Also word going around that hte Mech is KingOhGer by name, as well

Also kind of loving the just absurd amount of greebling on it; I can’t remember the last time PLEX put that much on there since the Turbo movie version of the RV Robo miniatures and suit. Maaaaaaybe Victory Robo?

And can’t tell but is that a humanoid mecha head around the solar plexus region?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Higher quality poster; you can make out the details of KuwagaOhger’s mask better here, and the symbols on the chest armor as well

7w18in7crnmg.jpeg

Oooh okay what I though was a face looks like the lower body of the spider mech from the rumors

EDIT: oh god i want a memorial edition release of the sword; the faux-wood makes a really nice contrast with the rest of its technological aesthetic, and the guard looks to be made of bits that represent each of the five

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    TokuNation wrote:
    Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger is the story of five Rulers who unite from across their kingdoms to defeat the Earth Empire Bugnarok.

*KuwagaOhger comes from the nation home to the guardian deities Shogodam- which will be the source of the series’ Mecha.
    *TonboOhger hails from a civilization of great technology
    *KamakiriOhger is the Queen of a land specializing in arts & medicine
    *PapillionOhger represents a world of ice and snow
    *HachiOhger leads a land of agriculture

With the power of the Ohger Caliber and the Kings Weapon shield, the five Rulers become the Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger!

This new Super Sentai will be directed by Kazuya Kamihoriuchi a veteran of multiple Kamen Rider projects. Writing the series is Minato Takano who wrote several special episodes for Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and Kamen Rider Zero-One. Former suit actor Jun Watanabe will serve as the series’ action director.

Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger officially begins on March 5 2023!
    https://news.tokunation.com/2022/12/20/ohsama-sentai-king-ohger-crew-story-details-revealed-74839

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    KuwagaOhger (Red) 🔴, TonboOhger (Blue) 🔵, KamakiriOhger (Yellow) 🟡, PapillonOhger (Purple) 🟣, HachiOhger (Black) ⚫️

For those confused: stag beetle, dragonfly, mantis, papillon (French for butterfly), bee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEMpmFoiZVQ

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    A picture was finally posted for the upcoming Revice/Geats movie that shows off new forms for the former series' Riders.
    DarGjjF.jpg

Sorta. As what's popped up before, both Revi and Vice get their hands on Desire Drivers with Revi borrowing the Beat Raise Buckle while Vice borrows Monster.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Better look at KuwagaOhger

cwzvikfgzd6s.jpeg

still liking the look, though if I had to nitpick I kind of wish 1) the armor was a bit more matte finish instead of gloss and 2) had some kind of panel lining, like some of the older sentai helmets would use to make their shapes pop more and so you don’t lose definition on the details of the molded portions meant to evoke panels, bolts, etc.

Could also just be a result of the Magazine shoot versus how it’ll look under show lighting

EDIT: also maybe have the linkages between the armor plates be a secondary color shared by the team; it’d break the silhouettes up a bit more. It’s not bad at larger sizes but you can see in that smaller group shot on the page how they kind of feel like a single colored mass at smaller sizes and distance in a way other suit designs dont (look at how well the use of other colors works for the DonBrothers suits for example, or how the DGP Riders break out visually once they start donning their Raise armor pieces)

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    We got Mecha Tiiiime

dvxdpud83ktu.png

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Scans for January are coming in. Here's what's popping up that month for Kamen Rider Geats.
    yrVlonjh.jpg

A new Raise Buckle will come into play for the next DGP game and it's none other then the Powered Builder RB, first used by Kamen Rider Seeker in the Revice/Geats crossover. Geats will use it slightly differently however as the weapon-selection Buckle will be set to the side of the belt rather then in the secondary Buckle slot.

AHtuuj1h.jpg
    RbUeYAPh.jpg

This allows Geats (and likely any other Rider) to add a second Buckle like Boost to strengthen the Powered Builder form. Geats will also get a fourth weapon-tab based on the Magnum Shooter, letting him use his signature weapon alongside Powered Builder's standard trio.

PQkiOwyh.jpg

Here's also a look at the two new Riders coming in for the DGP. While there's no confirmed names for them yet that I can find, the one on the left is said to be based on a sparrow while the one with the new helmet on the right is a wolf. While the sparrow takes up Punkjack's Monster, the wolf looks to get a turn with both Ninja and Zombie.

QLIu5fnh.jpg

They're not the only new folks in this round of the DGP as a new Game Master will be taking over Girori's place though it's not clear if that means Girori loses his employment with the DGP completely or simply the GM role. Ditto with the identity of Kamen Rider Glare as the Vision Driver could be meant only for the GM's use.

The smiling fellow on the bottom is named either Gene or Jin, a fanboy of Geats though as the DGP's meant to be secret, one wonders how such a thing is possible...

On a related Rider topic, the advertisement poster for Kamen Rider: Outsiders' first episode shows off a new form for an old Rider as well as what looks to be a new challenger entering the mix.
    TVQMy1l.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options

Message from Higuchi as we get closer to Shin Ultraman in US theatres next week

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    have to take a flight out of texas on the 12th and thought I’d miss it but much to my surprise college station inexplicably has a theater showing so I’m eschewing sleep for a cheeky night of the 11th view

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I'm sad that it dosen't seem to be coming to NZ theaters any time soon - Shin Godzilla was shown here and did pretty well too memory

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    So the Kamen Rider Zero-One American comic is currently underway with previews of the second issue out. Here's a couple of pages from it, giving a good look at the villain of the story.
    YERfoaUh.jpg
    6cevMNDh.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    If it’s anything like the shin godzilla dub, they’ll be using all the typical funimation actors so you’ll be sitting there for two hours wondering when the main character will take off his pants to reveal the engines in his legs

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Today is the day!

3lacdb58xgdh.jpeg

I’m doing my part!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    My work day literally ends at 7, but I'm gonna try.

Maybe it'd be nice if they actually, gasp, showed movies like these for more than a day and marketed them? A little?
    Or used a weekend?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Yeah, one showtime today and tomorrow and I can't go to either. Huge bummer

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Tonight will be my first movie in a theater since before the pandemic started. It seems only Ultraman will drag me back to that expensive place.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Yep, going to see the sub showing today. The Dub on these kinds of movies is usually... not good.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Yep, going to see the sub showing today. The Dub on these kinds of movies is usually... not good.

The first three minutes of the dub were shared by Fathom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGH50qqOS4k

It's valiant enough, but... yeah, far from ideal.
    (And boy this movie looks breakneck paced.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    That movie was ok.

• Options
    I enjoyed it, especially the visuals, had no idea it was so
    alien-centric, but they all had great designs.

The effects were wonderful, seriously next-level stuff.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    that movie was great in the way it would have also been great if they just showed six episodes of ultra q/man on the big screen. loved it

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I really enjoyed this movie. I felt like a 60's monster movie, just made with modern special effects.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    For folks who have already seen Shin Ultraman:

Renzo on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    It was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it! The pace was blistering though, I think I would’ve liked it slowed down a bit

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mefilas was great

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    ”Have you become so fond of humans, Ultraman” gets me right in the heart every time

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Sega made what look like some UFO catcher plushes of him, but I can’t find anything further than sold out eBay listings

His name is Kato Ta-kun

Edit: hah went google searching and all I came up with was the same thing the first reply had found

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
  • Options
    Lanz wrote: »

I loved the running gag about his favorite/least favorite sayings.

wVEsyIc.png