Options

Free Palestine From the River to the Sea

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    I can't tell if this is cartoon supervillainy or something from a Franz Kafka nightmare story. Jesus H. Christ.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    https://apnews.com/article/a3320a77a3a6ccff41db2a4bc63e4aa3

fafqbbd2dmvg.jpeg
    JERUSALEM (AP) — The United Nations says it has suspended food distribution in the southern Gaza city of Rafah due to lack of supplies and insecurity. It also said no aid trucks entered via a pier set up by the U.S. for sea deliveries for the past two days.

The U.N. has not specified how many people remain in Rafah after the Israeli military launched an intensified assault there on May 6, but there appears to be several hundred thousand.

Abeer Etefa, a spokesperson for the U.N’s World Food Program, warned that “humanitarian operations in Gaza are near collapse.” If food and other supplies don’t resume entering Gaza in “in massive quantities, famine-like conditions will spread,” she said

The main agency for Palestinian refugees, UNRWA, on Tuesday announced the suspension of distribution in Rafah in a post on X, without elaborating.

Etefeh said the WFP had also stopped distribution in Rafah after exhausting its stocks. It continued “limited distributions” of reduced food parcels in central Gaza but “food parcel stocks will run out within days,” she said.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    FCD wrote: »
    I can't tell if this is cartoon supervillainy or something from a Franz Kafka nightmare story. Jesus H. Christ.

“My god what do you even call an act like that?!”
    “Neo-Imperialism!”

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    edited May 21
    never die wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »

b6do9f3ggqlk.jpeg

^ video link
    Blinken warned Arab American leaders: If Palestine becomes a state, there will be global starvation

This is Executive Director, American Arab Chamber of Commerce @BilalHammoud_MI interviewed by @ryangrim & @esaagar on Breaking Points

We are an accursed nightmare empire and it is time for the sun to set

How does someone reach the conclusion he reached above, and with a straight face say the problem is Palestine being a state, not that we will starve the world for a political statement?

Its this incredibly nakedly punitive stuff we have set up just to enforce the status quo that we've got going -- *no matter* what exactly the established hegemons get up to -- that makes me wonder why exactly I am supposed to respect our institutions and why I should feel like it is existential to keep them going.

I would rather just not participate at this point, than participate in perpetuating things I find incredibly morally bankrupt.

user on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

b6do9f3ggqlk.jpeg

^ video link
    Blinken warned Arab American leaders: If Palestine becomes a state, there will be global starvation

This is Executive Director, American Arab Chamber of Commerce @BilalHammoud_MI interviewed by @ryangrim & @esaagar on Breaking Points

We are an accursed nightmare empire and it is time for the sun to set

How does someone reach the conclusion he reached above, and with a straight face say the problem is Palestine being a state, not that we will starve the world for a political statement?

Because we are the good guys, and we think it would be counterproductive to a two-state solution for Palestine to be recognized as a state at this point in time because... reasons.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I suspect the logic behind it comes from bills about cutting aid to "state sponsors of terrorism", therefore if Palestine becomes a state they become a state sponsor because of hamas, therefore if the UN recognizes that state we'd have to cut aid to them, yadda yadda. Bullshit of course, but by blaming it on federal law he can pretend his hands are tied.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Wait aren’t we supposed to be neutral about that whole situation? Am I forgetting something?

As in, I thought our official stance was whichever solution that Palestine and Israel can work out is what we would be.

• Options

5zaa2n048ww0.jpeg

and of course I’ve had some elected leaders speak to me and be very blunt. “This court is built for Africa, and for thugs like Putin,” was what one senior leader told me.

We don’t view it like that; this court is the legacy of Nuremberg, this court is a sad indictment of humanity, this court should be the triumph of law over power and brute force — grab what you can, take what you want, do what you will— and we’re simply going to be un… we’re not going to be dissuaded by threats or any other activities, because in the end we have to fulfill our responsibilities as prosecutors, as men and women of the office, as judges, as the registry.

Boy that first paragraph says it all doesn’t it

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 21
    Wait aren’t we supposed to be neutral about that whole situation? Am I forgetting something?

As in, I thought our official stance was whichever solution that Palestine and Israel can work out is what we would be.

Officially, the US supports a two-state solution. However, we have longstanding laws that bans any aid flowing to any organization that would recognize statehood for Palestinian Liberation Organization. These laws are holdovers from before the Second Infitada, during a period of time when the PLO did not have the reputation it does now as the more-reasonable/less-extremist counterweight to Hamas, and PLO was then perceived as an illegitimate terrorist organization by the US and her allies.

A reasonable interpretation of these unreasonable laws would hold that Fatah and the Palestinian Authority are also verboten from aid given the tight overlapping relationships between Fatah, PA, and PLO.

So basically the US supports a Palestinian state, but it can't be run by any of the organizations that would most likely run a Palestinian state in the foreseeable future, unless either the US changes its laws, or we quietly agree to interpret those laws very narrowly, or the international community eschews US's economic dominance.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Boy that first paragraph says it all doesn’t it

Saying the quiet part out loud. SMDH.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Seems like changing the laws is a pretty reasonable and easy thing to do in that instance. Literally all it takes is getting people in a room to perform the hollow symbolism of changing the law.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Oh the law says PLO, this is PLO 2, totally fine.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Officially, the US supports a two-state solution. However, we have longstanding laws that bans any aid flowing to any organization that would recognize statehood for Palestinian Liberation Organization. These laws are holdovers from before the Second Infitada, during a period of time when the PLO did not have the reputation it does now as the more-reasonable/less-extremist counterweight to Hamas, and PLO was then perceived as an illegitimate terrorist organization by the US and her allies.

A reasonable interpretation of these unreasonable laws would hold that Fatah and the Palestinian Authority are also verboten from aid given the tight overlapping relationships between Fatah, PA, and PLO.

So basically the US supports a Palestinian state, but it can't be run by any of the organizations that would most likely run a Palestinian state in the foreseeable future, unless either the US changes its laws, or we quietly agree to interpret those laws very narrowly, or the international community eschews US's economic dominance.

Important note that we're talking about Bilal Hammond's second-hand description of what Anthony Blinken said about Palestinian statehood. So a lot of this hinges on interpretation, both of the laws in question and of Blinken's comments. The State Department could easily just say "We recognize the (future, hypothetical) Palestinian state as a separate and distinct entity from the PLO."

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    In a slightly saner world Blinken shouldn't be saying that part to anyone because it completely undermines Biden's position in support of a two-state solution. Like Blinken would get fired over something so egregious as to imply that Biden doesn't actually hold his stated position, and the press would be in an uproar

Instead we get this

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 21
    Yes, it is very important to point out that they could do that, while noting they sure are not doing that thing they very much could do.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Seems like changing the laws is a pretty reasonable and easy thing to do in that instance. Literally all it takes is getting people in a room to perform the hollow symbolism of changing the law.

Yeah but isn't the main problem that Israel won't allow the Palestinians to hold elections so they can elect a new government that isn't controlled by Hamas?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    any election where they weren't allowed to vote for certain people because another country said so would make a sham of the pretense of being a sovereign nation anyway

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    any election where they weren't allowed to vote for certain people because another country said so would make a sham of the pretense of being a sovereign nation anyway

Which goes back to the core reality:

Israel does not want a two state solution. Israel wants Gaza and the West Bank for full expansion with ghettoization and eventual expulsion of Palestinians, because Israel was founded as an expansionist ethnostate and has evolved into the expansionist ethnostate’s inevitable form of a fascist state.

It will maybe tolerate a glorified Bantustan until such point it can provoke a “war” by refusing it any actual sovereign actions within the region, at which point it will resume control over the territory again and annex it as it is presently attempting and as its right wingers are declaring, repeatedly and openly, their ultimate goal

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    To date, over 569 metric tons of humanitarian assistance has been delivered across the temporary pier in Gaza, says @PentagonPresSec

Due to logistical issues in distributing the aid coming in through the pier, US, Israeli and UN officials are discussing "alternative routes" for the safe movement of staff and cargo, Ryder adds

Wow: Ryder says "I do not believe" any of the aid that's been delivered through the pier has actually gotten to the people of Gaza

The United States just spent more than a month and $320 million building this pier off the coast of Gaza. It has been active for all of 4 days.

As everyone guessed: the pier was a useless fucking waste

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 21
    it created a few fleeting moments of positive optics for certain clueless centrists while providing no material benefit to Palestinians, so it accomplished exactly what Biden wanted it to

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    0hw5t5nwfm2x.jpg

digimon: still the best

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Good on Red Castle, I like that store

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    https://apnews.com/article/ddfd774a23d39f77f5977b9c89c43dbc
    COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — Israel’s Foreign Minister Israel Katz has ordered Israel’s ambassadors from Ireland and Norway to immediately return to Israel, as Norway said it would recognize a Palestinian state and Ireland was expected to do the same.

“Ireland and Norway intend to send a message today to the Palestinians and the whole world: terrorism pays,” Katz said.

He said that the recognition could impede efforts to return Israel’s hostages being held in Gaza and makes a cease-fire less likely by “rewarding the jihadists of Hamas and Iran.” He also threatened to recall Israel’s ambassador to Spain if the country takes a similar position.

Earlier Wednesday in announcing Norway’s recognition of a Palestinian state, Norwegian Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre said “there cannot be peace in the Middle East if there is no recognition.”

Gahr Støre said the Scandinavian country will officially recognize a Palestinian state as of May 28. “By recognizing a Palestinian state, Norway supports the Arab peace plan,” he said.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Glad to see that Norway and Ireland are sticking to their principles of not being absolute pieces of shit about the rights and dignity of the Palestinian people.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    So at what point does the ICC maybe indict Biden as well?

Because while I'm sure they won't do it out of fear of de-legitimizing the ICC (which is silly because Biden is absolutely a war criminal's accomplice, at the very least, at this point), I think it'd be funny if there was a warrant for Biden's arrest and he couldn't leave the US.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

Because while I'm sure they won't do it out of fear of de-legitimizing the ICC (which is silly because Biden is absolutely a war criminal's accomplice, at the very least, at this point), I think it'd be funny if there was a warrant for Biden's arrest and he couldn't leave the US.

There are Presidents way more directly guilty they never charged so I don't think that's happening.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Biden absolutely deserves an arrest warrant

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »

There are Presidents way more directly guilty they never charged so I don't think that's happening.

While true, I don't think past Presidents, other than Trump, had this much pushback immediately toward their actions and speech. It usually takes a decade or so.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    I don't think the ICC will issue a warrant for him, but I hope they do tell him and any sanctions he conjures up to get fucked and die mad about it.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Not gonna lie I feel like we're very much speed running

well I left that draft there for an hour and idk what we're speed running, but like war crimes or the death of us hegemony or international standing or this administration's goodwill or idk what but this administration's foreign policy seems like one fuck up after another

• Options
    It is absolutely all of the above.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Not gonna lie I feel like we're very much speed running

well I left that draft there for an hour and idk what we're speed running, but like war crimes or the death of us hegemony or international standing or this administration's goodwill or idk what but this administration's foreign policy seems like one fuck up after another

Buck wild that in a year we keep being told is the most important election ever candidates are being put in a position where they have to go on the record as to whether they support their president sanctioning the Hague.
    Biden administration signals it will support push to sanction International Criminal Court

Joe Biden’s administration will work with Congress on possible sanctions against the International Criminal Court after its prosecutor announced it was seeking arrest warrants for senior Israeli and Hamas officials, US secretary of state Antony Blinken said on Tuesday.

Congressional Republicans have signalled they plan to introduce legislation that will impose costs on the court for its decision and are expected to force a vote on a measure that could lay bare the divisions with the Democrats over the Israel-Hamas war.

James Risch, the top Republican on the Senate foreign relations committee, asked Mr Blinken at a hearing whether he would support legislation to counter “the ICC sticking its nose in the business of countries that have an independent, legitimate democratic judicial system”.
    “Given the events of yesterday I think we have to look at the appropriate steps to take to deal with ... a profoundly wrong-headed decision,” Mr Blinken told the committee.

• Options
    Spain denying port to a ship carrying arms to Israel.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/spain-denied-port-call-ship-carrying-arms-israel-2024-05-16/
    Spain has refused permission for an Israel-bound ship carrying arms to call at the southeastern port of Cartagena, Transport Minister Oscar Puente said on Thursday.

The Marianne Danica was carrying a cargo of arms to Israel and had requested permission to call at Cartagena on May 21, Puente said on X.

It was carrying nearly 27 tons in explosive material from India's Madras, El Pais reported.

• Options
    edited May 24
    Pro-Palestine students at UC Santa Cruz, UCLA and UC Davis protested (with UCLA students reestablishing an encampment supported by UAW workers outside) yesterday ahead of an authorised UAW strike for University workers next week.
    United Auto Workers Local 4811 called its UCLA members to strike beginning May 28.

The move comes after the union – which represents academic student employees, graduate students, and academic and postdoctoral researchers – called upon its members at UC Santa Cruz to “stand up” May 20 as the first UC campus to strike.
    The press release told academic workers at UC Davis, along with those at UCLA, to join the strike May 28.

“Because of UC’s refusal to work towards resolution, and their continued labor practices, our executive board is calling on two more campuses to join UC Santa Cruz,” said Rafael Jaime, president of UAW 4811, in the press release.

This will be UAW 4811’s first time withholding its labor since November and December 2022, when the union – then UAW Local 2865 and Student Researchers United-UAW – filed an unfair labor practice charge over the UC bypassing bargaining processes.

Last week, UAW 4811 voted to authorize a strike if leadership thought it was necessary, with 79% of participating union members voting in favor. The press release added that the UC has continued to commit unfair labor practices since the union voted to strike, such as suspending UAW 4811 members who were arrested at UC Irvine last week during a pro-Palestine protest.
    “UC can resolve their unfair labor practices at any time – beginning by granting amnesty to our colleagues facing criminal or disciplinary proceedings for engaging in protest,” said Jaime, a UCLA doctoral student in English, in the release. “Instead, UC has continued to break the law, and has issued interim suspensions to members of our union wrongfully arrested last week at UC Irvine.”

Pro-Palestine protesters additionally set up a new encampment at UCLA on Thursday morning, with UAW members picketing in support outside of it.

On May 3, UAW 4811 filed an unfair labor practice violation against the UC, alleging that the university’s choice to allow law enforcement to use force against members of the union during the UCLA encampment sweep violated its responsibility as an employer.
    According to the press release, the Public Employment Relations Board asked for the UC and UAW 4811 to sit down and work through the union’s unfair labor practice charges against the UC. According to the UAW 4811 website, the UC could resolve its unfair labor practices by granting amnesty for union members arrested in peaceful pro-Palestine protests and making policy changes that counteract the University’s “crackdown on political speech on campus.”

However, according to the UAW press release, the UC refused and instead attempted to stop the strike by asking the Public Employment Relations Board for injunctive relief Tuesday.

“The University of California filed for injunctive relief with the state Public Employment Relations Board (PERB) today, seeking to enjoin UAW’s strike,” the UC said in a press release Tuesday. “While the University continues to support free speech, lawful protests, and its community’s right to engage in the same, UAW is a labor union and its negotiations with the University must be tied to terms and conditions of employment and terms in the collective bargaining agreement.”

According to another UAW 4811 press release sent at 6:19 p.m., PERB denied the UC’s request for an injunction against members of the union Thursday night and set a time for the University and the union to meet.

“We’re glad PERB has rejected UC’s latest demand for special treatment under the law,” Jaime said in the release. “PERB’s decision to deny their request for an injunction proves that no employer gets to make up its own rules.”

https://dailybruin.com/2024/05/23/united-auto-workers-local-4811-calls-ucla-to-stand-up-strike-starting-may-28

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited May 25

Biden Admin Working With Social Media Companies to Limit Pro-Palestinian Content
    https://www.kenklippenstein.com/p/biden-admin-working-with-social-media

Hey wait a second that looks suspiciously similar to social media companies harvesting our data and collaborating with the government to spy on us, something I was told was very bad when China was doing it.
    The Biden administration has publicly admitted that it is working with tech companies to “limit Hamas's use of online platforms, including social media,” part of a campaign to suppress pro-Palestinian and anti-Israel sentiment. Though there has been much speculation that the federal government is pressuring social media companies to police their networks, this is the first official confirmation of its counterterrorism efforts.

A little-noticed readout for a May 15 Hague meeting between the State Department’s Coordinator for Counterterrorism Elizabeth Richard and other governments said that Richard “updated the group on U.S. efforts to engage tech companies in voluntary collaboration to limit Hamas’ use of online platforms, including social media, for terrorist purposes.” The readout also notes that another similar meeting took place on December 13, in which the U.S. coordinated with partner governments to “target Hamas’ online propaganda.”

Platforms like Instagram, TikTok and Facebook have long banned terrorist organizations like Hamas. Now, however, the federal government is pressuring companies to ban “Hamas-linked” accounts and those of pro-Palestinian Americans.

Hamas is a formally designated terrorist organization, so it makes sense that counterterror officials like Richard would target their communications broadly speaking. But with overwhelming evidence that Americans are getting banned from social media for posts regarding the Israel-Hamas war, the U.S. government needs to make clear what the exact nature of its coordination with social media companies is on this subject and how Americans’ speech is being protected. (The State Department and the National Security Council did not immediately respond to requests for comment.)

Virtually every major social media platform has banned Hamas from their platforms. But some like Meta, parent company to apps like Instagram and Facebook, went a step further, banning “Hamas-linked” accounts and even ones without any link to Hamas for alleged “praise” of “dangerous organizations” — a category the company relies heavily on the U.S. government’s list of terrorist organizations to define.

Since Hamas’s October 7 attack on Israel, cases like King’s are becoming increasingly common, according to a report by Human Rights Watch detailing 1,050 takedowns and other actions against pro-Palestinian content on Instagram and Facebook. In all but one case, the content was peaceful in nature, HRW says.

“Meta’s policies and practices have been silencing voices in support of Palestine and Palestinian human rights on Instagram and Facebook in a wave of heightened censorship of social media amid the hostilities between Israeli forces and Palestinian armed groups that began on October 7, 2023,” the report finds.

The report singled out Meta’s ban on praise of dangerous organizations as a “systemic factor that contributed to the censorship” of speech regarding the Israel Hamas war.

“However, it also contains sweeping bans on vague categories of speech, such as ‘praise’ and ‘support’ of ‘dangerous organizations,’ which it relies heavily on the United States government’s designated lists of terrorist organizations to define,” the HRW report says.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    no, it's different when our government does it.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    More than 1,000 people walked out of Harvard’s Commencement on Thursday, as mass discontent over the decision to bar 13 pro-Palestine College student protesters from graduating overshadowed a day filled with pomp and circumstance.

Two student speakers both deviated from their prepared remarks to voice support for the 13 seniors who were denied diplomas and condemn University officials who mostly sat expressionless onstage.

Shruthi Kumar ’24, who delivered the Senior English Address, pulled a folded piece of paper from her graduation robe before going off-script to acknowledge her classmates whose diplomas were being withheld.

“I am deeply disappointed by the intolerance for freedom of speech and the right to civil disobedience on campus,” she said. “The students had spoken. The faculty had spoken.”

“Harvard, do you hear us?” Kumar shouted to roaring applause and a standing ovation.
    Kumar referenced a decision by the Harvard Corporation on Wednesday to reject an effort by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences to add the 13 denied students back onto the list of degree conferral recommendations.

The Harvard College Administrative Board — the College’s main disciplinary body — suspended five students and placed at least 20 others on probation for their involvement in the pro-Palestine encampment in the Yard, charges that many students and faculty members criticized as excessive and a break with past precedent.
    “As our ceremony proceeds, some among us may choose to take the liberty of expressing themselves to draw attention to events unfolding in the wider world,” said interim Harvard President Alan M. Garber ’76 at the start of the ceremony.

“It is their right to do so,” he added. “But it is their responsibility to do so with our community — and this occasion — in mind.”

Garber and his opening remarks were met with loud booing from the audience.

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2024/5/24/commencement-overshadowed-proPalestine-outrage/

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    More details on the mistreatment and torture of detainees
    Patients at the Sde Teiman hospital are kept blindfolded and permanently shackled to their beds by all four limbs, according to several medics responsible for treating patients there.

They are also made to wear nappies, rather than use a toilet.

Israel’s army said in response that handcuffing of detainees in the Sde Teiman hospital was “examined individually and daily, and carried out in cases where the security risk requires it”.

It said that nappies [diapers] were used “only for detainees who have undergone medical procedures for which their movement is limited”.

But witnesses, including the facility’s senior anaesthiologist, Yoel Donchin, say both the use of nappies and handcuffs are universal in the hospital ward.

“The army create the patient to be 100% dependent, like a baby,” he said. “You are cuffed, you are with diapers, you need water, you need everything – it’s dehumanisation”.

Dr Donchin said there was no individual assessment of the need for restraints, and that even those patients who were unable to walk – for example, those with leg amputations – were handcuffed to the bed. He described the practice as “stupid”.

Two witnesses at the facility in the early weeks of the Gaza war told us that patients there were kept naked under the blankets.

One doctor with knowledge of conditions there said prolonged cuffing to beds would cause “huge suffering, horrible suffering”, describing it as “torture” and saying patients would start to feel pain after a few hours.

Others have spoken of the risk of long-term nerve-damage.

The excuse is that they are terrorists so the restraints are for safety of the staff, but they just round up all the men they can and then toss them back into Gaza weeks later without charges.
    A whistle-blower who worked at the Sde Teiman field hospital back in October, shortly after the Hamas attacks on Israel, described cases of patients being given inadequate amounts of painkillers, including anaesthetic.

He said a doctor once refused his request that an elderly patient be given painkillers while they were opening up a recent, infected amputation wound.
    “[The patient] started trembling from pain, and so I stop and say ‘we can’t go on, you need to give him analgesia’,” he said.

The doctor told him it was too late to administer it.
    [...]
    On another occasion, he was asked by a suspected Hamas fighter to intercede with the surgical team to increase the levels of morphine and anaesthetic during repeated surgeries.

The message was passed on, but the suspect again regained consciousness during the next operation and was in a lot of pain. The witness said both he and other colleagues felt there was a sense in which it had been a deliberate act of revenge.

This quote from near the end of the article very succiently captures the attitude of Israel as it had conducted successive campaigns of "self-defense" against Palestinian civilians over the years:
    “My fear is that what we’re doing in Sde Teiman won’t allow a return to the way it was before,” one doctor told the BBC. “Because things that looked unreasonable to us before, will look reasonable when this crisis is over.”

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    sitkaovlknlz.png
    q50lyxsly9mk.jpeg
    0a0x4l20k1to.png
    https://x.com/Leila_MA/status/1794851494107267261

horrifying images are coming out of Rafah; israel has committed another genocidal massacre against the displaced Palestinians who were told to evacuate to Rafah for safety. dozens dead so far as countless others are being burned alive with no hospitals to go to if they survive this moment. the world is watching as israel tortures the Palestinian people to death in plain view and our governments enable it. genocide joe still talks about the decapitated babies "he saw" from october 7th, a confirmed hoax with zero evidence. will he talk about the decapitated Palestinian children the whole world can see videos of?

israel is also bombing Gaza City and Al Nuseirat refugee camp right now

i'm in a stew of sadness and rage right now. the people, worldwide, need to escalate our fight. anything i wanna say right now would get me banned and arrested. i hope every person who enabled and supports this genocide meets their end and meets it soon

• Options
    Mother of god…

waNkm4k.jpg?1