As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WB MultiVersus] is coming back

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Gandalf the Grey (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring)
    I think a few characters have healing, Steven does as well.

Velma though yeah is a monster, she used to be really heavy as well but they fixed that.

Tom&Jerry and Velma’s are always painful to fight.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Karoz's were bad and they should feel bad!
    Hmm I just wonder how it's balanced but then I guess armor or shields also prevent damage and thus progress from building up.

Karoz on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    I question their wisdom in holding back a balance patch until after evo, I think I'm going to wait until the patch as I've hit the level where the vast majority of my matches are against a Velma, or in teams two Velmas and she's just straight unstoppopable unless I also play her. faster than an assassin, hits harder than a mage or bruiser and can heal, oh and hit you from across the map. Gg

I dunno that delaying a patch to stop from ruffling pro player feathers is worth alienating all your non pro playerbase

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Isn't this a thing for major fighter tournies? Keep it that state until afterwards and then nerf the character that is in every single match into the ground?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Evo will give them a lot of play data and player input to make more accurate changes

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Evo will give them a lot of play data and player input to make more accurate changes

That could be right but feels like outdated thinking to me; for older fighting games that averaged a few hundred people online sure but multiversus peaked at 160k+ on steam and is averaging 60k+, that means cross platform a very conservative estimate puts it peaking at 300k+ and averaging 120k+ players and they have access to the statistics down to how often each of those players is using every move, every button input. I can't see the Evo data being more valuable than that

• Options
    Sometimes I'm a god king, other times I'm excrement being wiped from a boot...hard to say in the first match!

I don't think I'll ever buy the founders pack though like that's too much for a bunch of chars you can unlock in 15 to 30 matches, I'd have nothing to work towards.

TDIL not all chars are 3k gold, some are down to 1.5k.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I tried this a bit. The physics feel really weird! The jumping feels not *quite* right all the time, and so I jump myself directly into the abyss or in front of an opponent's attack constantly.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for some AEW wrestlers to show up in this.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    my character about once every 5 matches or so when i'm off the ring and go to jump up or sideways to get back in will just quickly downjump themselves multiple times straight down into oblivion and i can't figure out wtf i'm doing that causes it :( There are definitely no down inputs going on when it happens.

Unrelated my go to batman strategy now is just to avoid them until they inevitably yoink themselves into oblivion @ mach 1, i love it.

I also cannot see springing for any of the founders packs but since i've already thrown like 20 hours into it i think i'll buy 1000 of the premium currency and get the pre-season pass and maybe a tom and jerry skin with it

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Dr. Girlfriend (The Venture Bros.)
    Yeah, Founders packs are just too much. Needs to be more like $20, $40, $60 tiers. The skins and chars seem to cost too much of that Gleam shit too. I want to give these people money but not at these rates. I'd like to buy like a $20 pack

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    The batman TAS skins is 20 dollars is only cosmetic because Kevin Conroy is already fucking batman. They are gouging hard

• Options
    The batman TAS skins is 20 dollars is only cosmetic because Kevin Conroy is already fucking batman. They are gouging hard

I love me some BTAS but yeah... The skin isn't even THAT different. $20 PSH!

I'd buy Hula Velma in a heartbeat if it was like $5 but that one is $15.

I went to the official Discord and posted about the pricing in the feedback channel. Of course the crazy whale people then decided that I needed to be destroyed but I was prepared for that.

• Options
    DudemanX wrote: »

I love me some BTAS but yeah... The skin isn't even THAT different. $20 PSH!

I'd buy Hula Velma in a heartbeat if it was like $5 but that one is $15.

I went to the official Discord and posted about the pricing in the feedback channel. Of course the crazy whale people then decided that I needed to be destroyed but I was prepared for that.

They are for sure paying a company to defend this crap its all over the fan reddit. The offical one just bans you if you mention it

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I have to hope skins will cost less once things get going....and/or ALSO have a 'buy with gold' option.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
    What are Velma's finishers? Sometimes I get lucky with a full cast of the megaphone, but that only kills at like 150-160+. Her Up+special is a really good down spike but it's a little uncomfortable to use and the hitbox is small.

• Options
    Her down attack from the air I get a few. It’s awkward to land but it smacks hard.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    her up air has been nerfed like twice and it's still really good

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I've probably gotten most ringouts with her up+attack(the lightbulb)

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    yeah the lightbulb is the one I'm talking about. I think it's been consistantly nerfed in each patch so far and it's still really, really good.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Drascin wrote: »
    I tried this a bit. The physics feel really weird! The jumping feels not *quite* right all the time, and so I jump myself directly into the abyss or in front of an opponent's attack constantly.

Make sure you crank the input buffer from it’s crazy default of 30 frames to something more sane (I am liking 3 frames so far).

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    So, I'm really enjoying the game, but have felt uncomfortable about spending money on anything(bought one character and that's all). Any tips or guides to help make good decisions?

I've earned about 7k gold, minus 2k from batman, for reference

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2022

That could be right but feels like outdated thinking to me; for older fighting games that averaged a few hundred people online sure but multiversus peaked at 160k+ on steam and is averaging 60k+, that means cross platform a very conservative estimate puts it peaking at 300k+ and averaging 120k+ players and they have access to the statistics down to how often each of those players is using every move, every button input. I can't see the Evo data being more valuable than that

Eh. Volume of data isn't the only thing, quality of it also matters especially with fighting games.

A lot of times you get the question of "Is this thing really busted or do people just not know how to deal with it."

Having lots of high level data can help you answer that.

Especially with a brand new game that people are still learning the ins and outs of.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Make sure you crank the input buffer from it’s crazy default of 30 frames to something more sane (I am liking 3 frames so far).

Ooooh, def gonna try this. TY

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Fuck I wish I knew this was there lol. Definitely gonna bring this down to like 5 and try some games.

• Options
    edited August 2022

Fuck I wish I knew this was there lol. Definitely gonna bring this down to like 5 and try some games.

Mine was on 'infinite'.
    I don't really understand what it does but I'll try it low!
    I mean, in theory I understand but I'll need to try it before I 'get' it =p.

vamen on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Holy shit changing the input buffer to 5 was a game changer.

• Options
    DudemanX wrote: »

Ooooh, def gonna try this. TY

Yeah like is that why I can barely touch human players but they can juggle me to hell?

Damnit.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    vamen wrote: »

Mine was on 'infinite'.
    I don't really understand what it does but I'll try it low!
    I mean, in theory I understand but I'll need to try it before I 'get' it =p.

Input Buffer from what I understand keeps a track of all your inputs for a set amount of frames, and if nothing gets added after the buffer, the game will interpret the last input as the one you wanted when the buffer runs out. So if you're pressing a bunch of stuff quickly, it may not properly interpret the latest inputs since it still has a buffer from, for example, 30 frames ago. If by chance you've ever landed and tried to do a neutral special and found yourself doing side special instead by accident, chances are you didn't actually input side special and that was just your input buffer keeping the stick sideways when you pressed special.

I get why it's that high because it helps with high latency games, but no thank you. Low input delay is the way to be in fighters.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Yeah basically the game will "save" your last input and repeat it for the assigned number of frames having it come out as soon as your character can perform it.

Having a big input buffer is bad cause you can get a lot of accidental inputs if you press something mid-animation.

However giving yourself some leeway can allow you to do certain things without needing to be overly precise. I would say 3-5 frames is all you really need.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Wait that's something you can set on pc, too, right?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Wait that's something you can set on pc, too, right?

Yeah, it's at the bottom of the Controls section. "Input Buffer Max Frames".

65ljr72bmn8b.png

I also have Input Buffer Hold unchecked.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    This explains SO much.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My work here is done B)

• Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Been playing a lot of this over the past week. Mostly playing Velma and Harley. I've tried a lot of the other characters but those two are my current faves. Honestly, I'm surprised by how much I enjoy the game. Probably gonna keep playing it for a long while.

• Options
    Yeah Harley has some ridiculous combos, you can almost infinite juggle with her. I'm surprised I haven't heard much about the hit stun with her. I've started learning her as it seems a lot of other characters are going to get nerfs.

• Options
    Like many things with a free rotation, once they are free and everyone experiences them a lot more they'll come under a lot more scrutiny. Or like Velma, enough people are being exposed to her and getting dumpstered on.

I still need to play more and kind of find a "main." I bought Shaggy and Taz cause they were cheap but I don't think either quite fits my playstyle. Though the input buffering seems to explain the Shaggy that was moving faster than I thought possible. To be fair, I was a fair bit inebriated for that match though.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The bots in this game are absolutely fucking insane.

• Options
    Hmm color me as one of the rare ones that had no improvement from turning down the buffer.

Then again I have stupid fingers when it comes to most fighting games.

But man it's nice when a random pair doesn't spam teabag after a match they barely won. I admit I'll decline a match instantly if anyone does teabagging at the end.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    The bots in this game are absolutely fucking insane.

Steven universe more like Steven fucking traps me in the airaverse