As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I come back every 6 years or so

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i've been here for a long time

i'm tired, boss

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    I hope @Muse Among Men is doing well. She was cool and talented and deserved a more supportive family.

Most other folks in my little circles of care are still kicking around here, so it's nice to be able to check in on them like the snoopy aunt I am.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm tired of being online

but here I am

I'm also just tired and possibly sick from possibly covid

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    This is the only social media place that isn't total garbage. And I only want to interact with people in not physically near.

So here I am.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I've never once posted

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    I've never once posted

Hell of a streak, well done

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    But if you leave the forums what will you mindlessly refresh and click around on while waiting for work stuff to happen.

This forum is my fidget spinner.

mind_blown

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I kind of go on again off again with the forum, depends on where I am in my life. Took a long break to knuckle down on career stuff, most recently.

Every time I am gone for a while and come back some folks are gone. Hope they are all doing well.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I kind of go on again off again with the forum, depends on where I am in my life. Took a long break to knuckle down on career stuff, most recently.

Every time I am gone for a while and come back some folks are gone. Hope they are all doing well.

I am well. Unfortunately, I do not have those photos of you from 2008.

Such is life.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

i'm tired, boss

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I heard that @dillstickchuck85 opened his own bank. Remember those threads where he said he hated money? Twelve years is a long time, I guess.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    What if they own a bank because they hate money and want to lock it away like a prison warden

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i still hate money

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Was I here? In the past? I’m here a lot now.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It's really fucked up that society doesn't acknowledge the accomplishment of posting for over 10 years.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »

i'm tired, boss

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

we are regrettably all posters at heart. so yes

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I am well. Unfortunately, I do not have those photos of you from 2008.

Such is life.

Thanking my lucky stars

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    It's really fucked up that society doesn't acknowledge the accomplishment of posting for over 10 years.

I got a neat badge out of it at least.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

the past doesn't exist, probably

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    I hope Darth Walter's doing okay.

Same but for Stale

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Gotta be close to 20 years

:s

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

the past doesn't exist, probably

The gas I’ve past sure as shit does

• Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    This whole thing made me realize I recognize people more from their avatars than their names

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that's why I'll never change neverrrrrrr

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I think I last changed my avatar in 2010 and I've thought of changing it a couple times since then but am worried I'd become unrecognisable if I did that.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I changed avatar when I changed jobs, I think, when Jack Donaghy made less sense, and it coincided with my rediscovery of John Finnemore

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    This whole thing made me realize I recognize people more from their avatars than their names

This. When people change their avatars it really throws me off. Though i did enjoy when a bunch of us changed our avatars to have the face from 3clipse’s (i think?) oglaf avatar. That was fun times, especially when it started showing up in other sub forums and folks who only post in a specific one were like “wtf?”

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    In the last like 4 years I think I asked for like 4 bans cause this place (and the internet/social media generally) was making me miserable and I have bad self control and I felt like I was becoming an angry asshole that hated themself whenever I was here

And I'm still here

But that feeling happens a lot less

The end no moral

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I've never changed my avatar

• Options
    ThroThro pgroome@penny-arcade.com Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I've never changed my avatar
    Because I never remember anyone's name, I either agree with you or possibly miss Jodene Sparks.

• Options
    I used to change my avatar a lot but just got lazy so I guess this is it.

I mean Pyre is a good game, so, could be worse.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I pretty much had no choice but to change my avatar, for obvious reasons

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I got banned a couple of times but I came back a lot better lol

Also I prefer this place to real life a lot, probably not super healthy but hey I'm not a super healthy kinda person

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    hello. I hope you, person currently reading this post, are having a nice day and you can look back at the last 10 years of your life and recognize they haven't been wasted.

because I can't.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I change my avatar fuckin constantly. Is that why almost nobody knows who I am, despite posting here nonstop for nearly 20 years?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    In the last like 4 years I think I asked for like 4 bans cause this place (and the internet/social media generally) was making me miserable and I have bad self control and I felt like I was becoming an angry asshole that hated themself whenever I was here

And I'm still here

The end no moral

Conversely using Twitter causes me to inevitably read too much news and then I overdose and get real upset about things I can't control and it bleeds into my personal life (Facebook and Instagram are much more curated so I just overdose on homemade dresses or high protein recipes or dogs there)

I've managed to almost entirely cut that back by deleting my Twitter account a little while ago, and more recently trying actively to not navigate to the few journalists/columnists that I was still reading for a while

I can actually physically feel my stress levels rising if I spend too much time on Twitter doomscrolling and it's just not healthy for me; bit of a bummer since there seems to be a fun post-forum community out there but ah well

Whereas the forums are a lot easier for me to hit the end of a thread and then dip out on, y'know

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I change my avatar fuckin constantly. Is that why almost nobody knows who I am, despite posting here nonstop for nearly 20 years?

New avatar who dis?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

New avatar who dis?

It me

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I miss nusu. Before they were posting just in the WoW thread and game deals thread. Looks like they stopped playing WoW and just came by every week to update the deals thread like a boss.

I hope they're doing well and wish them all the best.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

And I'm still here

The end no moral

Conversely using Twitter causes me to inevitably read too much news and then I overdose and get real upset about things I can't control and it bleeds into my personal life (Facebook and Instagram are much more curated so I just overdose on homemade dresses or high protein recipes or dogs there)

I've managed to almost entirely cut that back by deleting my Twitter account a little while ago, and more recently trying actively to not navigate to the few journalists/columnists that I was still reading for a while

I can actually physically feel my stress levels rising if I spend too much time on Twitter doomscrolling and it's just not healthy for me; bit of a bummer since there seems to be a fun post-forum community out there but ah well

Whereas the forums are a lot easier for me to hit the end of a thread and then dip out on, y'know

Part of it is that, part of it is also just negative experiences where people argue and stuff here. Ironically I realized yesterday it's been more chill cause I haven't gone into threads specifically about Big Issues.

When it comes to Twitter it honestly almost gives me anxiety because it's just such a barrage of information constantly and creates some thing that pokes my brain like "hey you need to know this you should read this" and that is not healthy for me at all.