As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Blank Space

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Blank Space!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Blank Space

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    ngl that song was what I thought of when I saw the strip title

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Represent!

• Options
    blueArcanablueArcana Registered User regular
    Lover colors represent

220px-Taylor_Swift_-_Lover.png

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I do love me some TS

But I'm also a very grumpy old man when it comes to crossovers. I hate them. I hated it when they started putting non-DC superheroes into the Injustice games. I hate all the crossovers in Fortnite. And apparently Magic the Gathering is going pretty hard on crossovers these days too. I just saw a headline the other day that they're making MtG crossover cards with Assassin's Creed and Final Fantasy VII. Just no. Please no.

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Yeah I saw mtg warhammer crossover and thought didn’t games workshop used to be considered one of their main rivals?

• Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    I'm very much in the same camp.

When I was a kid, the crossovers at least were within the same genre. Seeing Freddy fight Jason made sense in a way, they're both supernatural serial killers. Alien and Predator were both sci-fi monsters, and honestly given the Predator's love of hunting terrifying monsters going after the Xenomorph just makes sense - the ultimate achievement! Spider-man and the X-Men were both Marvel superheroes and both gained their powers from mutated genes (though Spidey is technically a mutate, he wasn't born with spider powers).

I just can't really connect with the Fortnite level of crossover fan service. And that's fine, Fortnite just isn't for me. But I do hope it doesn't spread too much, you wind up with some weird art tone whiplash sometimes.

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    I too miss the days when companies pandered to our inner 12 year old instead of our inner 5 year old.

Fuckit, I think I'll go yell at some clouds now.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    The secret is to remember that 12-year-old you use to be who was excited and enamored with all things video games.

Channel that kid, and get back to those happy clouds, sunshine, and rainbows.

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    I honestly don't know anything about that person except that they have made some kind of music at some point.

The only thing that angers me about the entire OW2 thing is that I can't play OW1, a game I literally PAID FOR anymore, because it's been overwritten. With a game that supports less players than OW1. It's like they are going backwards in time, and robbing me on the way out.

But I am only about angry enough to write this and... That's about it. There are other games so I'll just play those and be a lot more hesitant to buy games from them in the future.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    I'll just go ahead and say it.

Overwatch 1 was better than Overwatch 2 is.

Don't try to change my mind.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    When I first read this I thought it said cenobites. And it took on a whole different context.