As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Thread: Where’s my hog?!

1555657585961»

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Djiem wrote: »
    Also remember that the last official thing said about ZSS was quite some time ago. It's wholly possible that they've changed their minds since then.

This thought just now came to me.
    What if that blast in the cinematic ISN'T her super smash.
    What if she is just "overloading" her normal b attack.
    In the cinematic as she's doing the blast, she never has that fiery aura the other three get.
    So maybe it possible at any time to just "overload" your be move and then you can turn into ZSS,
    and then itll be like losing the girl iceclimber, you'll have to die to get the suit back.
    Has anyone else thought of this or am I the first?

That's... actually not that crazy. However, I hope that instead, you can get back your suit, with some process. Maybe charging up and if you're uninterrupted you get a new suit? You could get a new suit in ZM.

That could be ZSS's Down+B. Also, this isn't a bad idea. Would it be, like, Luigi random or what?

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Cokomon wrote: »
    Also remember that the last official thing said about ZSS was quite some time ago. It's wholly possible that they've changed their minds since then.

In the cinematic as she's doing the blast, she never has that fiery aura the other three get.
    So maybe it possible at any time to just "overload" your be move and then you can turn into ZSS,
    and then itll be like losing the girl iceclimber, you'll have to die to get the suit back.

That's... actually not that crazy. However, I hope that instead, you can get back your suit, with some process. Maybe charging up and if you're uninterrupted you get a new suit? You could get a new suit in ZM.

That could be ZSS's Down+B. Also, this isn't a bad idea. Would it be, like, Luigi random or what?

I was thinking more along the lines of holding b down to charge after you get the little sparkly light thing telling you your charged. But when you charge it this time, it's like charging a smash or the superscope, you let it out at full capacity or sooner since you couldn't hold it in due to it being "unstable"

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

I was thinking more along the lines of holding b down to charge after you get the little sparkly light thing telling you your charged. But when you charge it this time, it's like charging a smash or the superscope, you let it out at full capacity or sooner since you couldn't hold it in due to it being "unstable"

So tap B to shoot charged shoot, click and hold again to get ZSS.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

yep. Or it could be something totally different like you need to piss kirby off with banana peels

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    NovusNovus regular
    edited June 2007
    It could be similar to Wario's bike; where when she looses the suit it becomes an item that you have to go and pick up; I still think that would be stupid and annoying but less so than anything else I've read.

Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

yep. Or it could be something totally different like you need to piss kirby off with banana peels

It's still an awful idea. Why should Zero Suit Samus players be forced to play Samus, ever? You would still have to play her until she gets a chance to charge up. I see absolutely no good reason for them to ever do that.

Zek on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Zek wrote: »

It's still an awful idea. Why should Zero Suit Samus players be forced to play Samus, ever? You would still have to play her until she gets a chance to charge up. I see absolutely no good reason for them to ever do that.
    Maybe there will be a way to start as SSZ just like Shiek.

I still don't like the idea of wasting a move to transform back, though.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    or at least, not like this.
    belindamcclory.jpg

Well, Shiek had a 'wasted move' then, using that logic. Or, if you meant move as in "I could be punching you instead of doing this", DK and Samus herself - they both had to charge up.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Goomba wrote: »

I got an idea, let's say that it's a combined character and if a player wants to cripple themselves by focusing on just ZSS instead of both to maximize the character's potential it's their own fault and screw them. :D

Technically it's not a wasted move, it's a move that allows you access to a whole new set of moves. It's your choice not to use it. I could play Pikachu and never use his thunderbolt, but that's my choice, not a wasted move.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So someone start a new thread, this one is close to reaching its limits. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    Lightning Shield!Lightning Shield! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    OMG new surprise update!

1183135703489.jpg

Yes it's tired and juvenile, but you enjoyed it for a moment - admit it! And no I didn't make it, saw it on another board.

:)

Lightning Shield! on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    OMG new surprise update!

1183135703489.jpg

Yes it's tired and juvenile, but you enjoyed it for a moment - admit it! And no I didn't make it, saw it on another board.

Shit, it's also 2 weeks in the future!! :D

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I am struck by equal measures of awe and surging hatred.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    WyndhamPriceWyndhamPrice Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That would probably be better if they made any attempt at all to replicate the font and style of writing used.

WyndhamPrice on
    WyndhamPrice.png
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's funny how they captured the awkward descriptions so well.

Darlan on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    So someone start a new thread, this one is close to reaching its limits. :)

We can let if go a couple more pages.

I never even thought about the fact that Samus isn't glowing in that trailer. I really think this idea could work. I still think it's possible that it's a certain damage percentage, or some other button or something.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    OMG new surprise update!

snip

Yeah, it was pretty enjoyable, but obviously fake due to the lack of cheesy descriptions.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »

I got an idea, let's say that it's a combined character and if a player wants to cripple themselves by focusing on just ZSS instead of both to maximize the character's potential it's their own fault and screw them. :D

Technically it's not a wasted move, it's a move that allows you access to a whole new set of moves. It's your choice not to use it. I could play Pikachu and never use his thunderbolt, but that's my choice, not a wasted move.
    Or you can have two different characters and give them both one 'extra' move :D

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    On that Sonic thing, I didn't even read it, but I could see it was fake because it had a wrong font.

Peewi on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    And it didn't do the style right, he does text-image-text-image-text-image, not just text-images

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    And it has terrible engrish.

Zek on
  • Options
    NovusNovus regular
    edited June 2007
    The sonic post is obviously fake; that said sonic is not out of the realm of possibility.

*Edit - just read the spoiler tag that says it's fake; so yeah, I'm dumb.

Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The screenshots are actually pretty well done photoshop jobs.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The screenshots are actually pretty well done photoshop jobs.
    I can't wait until July 12th to see that it's actually true. :)

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sonic is soaking his feet in the cool lagoon of probability, imho.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    JLM-AWPJLM-AWP Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wait, the threat title isn't "Cute little poot?"

That's gold.

JLM-AWP on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So I'll be off the computer for the night in a good forty minutes or so, and I realized this thread will probably reach 100 before I wake up in the morning.

So if I make a new thread, now's the time. I do so enjoy changing the title every morning.

If someone else wants to do the honors, speak now or hold your peace for a couple weeks.

Either way, I thought we ought to quickly discuss ideas for the new OP. I was thinking of adding a list of the icons (including the blank spaces). Also, maybe a Final Smash list?

Jimothy on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    METAzraeL wrote: »
    The motorcycle reminds me more of yoshi's rolling egg move, which is cool. I just hope that a charged fart will be useful for getting back when knocked off.

But then what about his Up-B?

What seems more likely to me is that it only pushes him up if it hits something solid.
    Well, I meant useful in a supplementary way, like Luigi's down+B, but you're probably right about hitting solid things.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So I'll be off the computer for the night in a good forty minutes or so, and I realized this thread will probably reach 100 before I wake up in the morning.

So if I make a new thread, now's the time. I do so enjoy changing the title every morning.

If someone else wants to do the honors, speak now or hold your peace for a couple weeks.

Either way, I thought we ought to quickly discuss ideas for the new OP. I was thinking of adding a list of the icons (including the blank spaces). Also, maybe a Final Smash list?

Personally, I think it would be fun to have a list of all known facts from the official site: nothing fancy, maybe just a character list with the known moves, items, links to the music, etc. Very brief descriptions would be fine, I'd think. And that's something that could be quickly updated daily, if you were so inclined. Maybe a smattering of the many photos we've gotten already for flavor (Kirby on his ass after the banana peel slip has gotta go in there somewhere). Not sure if that would be too much to ask, though.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    New thread's up. If you have any more ideas for an improved OP, put them here. I'll update it either late tonight or tomorrow at some point.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I can already see people banning Wario from games for his ability to conjure motorcycles.
    Well yeah, we all know how people are towards "items".

Hey, you know what? Fuck you.

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of people taking cheap shots at competitive players for no fucking reason. No one in this thread is giving casual players grief, so what the hell is your excuse for acting this way?

Except for those "OMG u use analog 2 jump lolz" posts just a few pages back. But, yes, let us give shit to one side and ignore the other.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jimothy wrote: »
    New thread's up. If you have any more ideas for an improved OP, put them here. I'll update it either late tonight or tomorrow at some point.

I'd change the asterisk next to Samus and Zero Suit Samus to "*Combo character?" but that's about it.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    And it has terrible engrish.
    yeah, the real updates are quirky but cleverly written. the fake is just awful.

Houk the Namebringer on