As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2022 The Game Awards: Streaming TODAY!

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Arrested feels maybe excessive? I mean, I can totally understand the potential danger they might have presented, but I can't say I'm a fan of most nuisance related "crimes". It seems like there's probably a better way to handle the problem without involving literal murderers into the process of trying to get some guy to not be a douche at an award show.

Disagree. Arresting him, and letting the public know that he's been arrested, is an important deterrent for chucklefucks who want to be famous.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Arrested feels maybe excessive? I mean, I can totally understand the potential danger they might have presented, but I can't say I'm a fan of most nuisance related "crimes". It seems like there's probably a better way to handle the problem without involving literal murderers into the process of trying to get some guy to not be a douche at an award show.

Disagree. Arresting him, and letting the public know that he's been arrested, is an important deterrent for chucklefucks who want to be famous.

nah he got exactly what he wanted, getting arrested isn't anything compared to the exposure he just got

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    He's being detained for sure, but I can't imagine any real major charges hitting the guy.

If they trespass him it's a misdemeanor, so fines? but they need to do something to show that that's not okay. because it's not.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Zavian wrote: »

nah he got exactly what he wanted, getting arrested isn't anything compared to the exposure he just got
    which is no argument for not arresting him

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    dgl6oto99czw.png

Hoof, the internet gonna have a field day with this one.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

The police in this country are too dangerous to be involved with something that amounts to discipline and admonishment. They murder innocents, physically abuse people who don't bend the knee, abuse their families and defend racists and fascists. They are not the ones that anyone should be relying on to handle a non-violent problem that is more a nuisance than dangerous. They presumably had security at the event, and they should have done their job.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    That was so damn weird. The balls on that kid.

• Options

The police in this country are too dangerous to be involved with something that amounts to discipline and admonishment. They murder innocents, physically abuse people who don't bend the knee, abuse their families and defend racists and fascists. They are not the ones that anyone should be relying on to handle a non-violent problem that is more a nuisance than dangerous. They presumably had security at the event, and they should have done their job.

So you would call the boy's mom and hope that does not encourage anyone else to try this shit again, maybe worse? cool. Seriously though, we have no common ground for a reasonable discussion.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Gotta discourage stuff like that. I know it's been 29 years since Monica Seles and 18 years since Dimebag Darrell (to the day, even), but you don't know what some rando has in mind when they get on a stage they don't belong on with someone.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited December 2022

I don't think a call to the video game awards is going to be one of those instances. Wrong neighborhood and all. It's likely for insurance/licensing purposes they probably had to have some police presence on standby in the event of something happening given the size of the event anyway, so that officer got to do something for that overtime their union got em.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    @tastydonuts I listened to the Aurora links, thanks again. I knew I had seen her before - it was totally the Teardrop cover

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    That was wild

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    a

He's already arrested. I don't know what you're expecting them to do, but they're not going to shoot him in a jail cell.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    He had no idea what to say, so he made up some nonsense.

• Options
    a

He's already arrested. I don't know what you're expecting them to do, but they're not going to shoot him in a jail cell.

Yeah, It's going to suck for regular people trying to get into this next year too as this cycles through the blogosphere and such, the event has general admission.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    a

Him specifically no, but you need to do some reading up on the past few years. They absolutely will just murder people in their custody. Without much of an effort to cover it up, either.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    He had no idea what to say, so he made up some nonsense.

Whatever happened to the good old fashioned "Baba Booey! Baba Booey!"

• Options
    edited December 2022
    a

Him specifically no, but you need to do some reading up on the past few years. They absolutely will just murder people in their custody. Without much of an effort to cover it up, either.

And that means, what, now? Police should never be involved? What is your point

e: implying that they are not aware of such cases in that tone btw, unnecessary

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    a

And? I'm not talking about other people, I'm literally just talking about him.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    a

Yeah, It's going to suck for regular people trying to get into this next year too as this cycles through the blogosphere and such, the event has general admission.

Probably not general admission anymore, or submit to being searched etc. It sucks, but the alternative is a no-go I assume

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    When did he sneak up on stage? He really slipped in there.

• Options
    a

Probably not general admission anymore, or submit to being searched etc. It sucks, but the alternative is a no-go I assume

The Microsoft Theater would already require metal detection, etc though... it's one of the biggest indoor venues in the states.

But they will definitely be doing something different, the scale of which depending on how hot of a topic this incident becomes.

• Options

You could see him going up the main aisle reaching the front right as the devs passed the main aisle from side.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

walked up with Miyazaki and his crew, everybody was getting up for applause and high fives, lots of people moving on their feet

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    This has been becoming a thing since the Will Smith slap.

• Options

watched this a couple more times. Man, I don't know how, but FromSoft's broken worlds really resonate

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited December 2022
    This has been becoming a thing since the Will Smith slap.

Nah, stage crashing has always been a thing people have been getting arrested or beat up on stage for. It's just that our culture has started to reward this stuff more with infamy, I'd say. Used to be negative attention was a bad thing, now it's just easily farmed attention.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Didn't expect a Remnant sequel but super glad to see it. An underappreciated gem.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Didn't expect a Remnant sequel but super glad to see it. An underappreciated gem.

was that game co-op only?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

Nah, you can solo Remnant. There were some traits you couldn't get w/o Co-op but they were related to co-op play anyway.

• Options

Nah, you can solo Remnant. There were some traits you couldn't get w/o Co-op but they were related to co-op play anyway.
    Turns out, I have it on Epic. Should give it a spin.

The game that was just quickly shown and I thought looked neat was Immortals of Aveum. Turns out, the lead dev is a former Cod dude and
    “I remember in particular, one time I was reviewing a level that we were working on, and it was a very standard Call of Duty level,” Robbins told Polygon. “And I remember thinking it’d be cool if instead of a helicopter that was a dragon, and if instead of RPG rounds blowing up walls, it was fireballs. And instead of having an assault rifle, I was a battle mage casting these spells. You know, a fantasy version of that. Where’s that game?”

Hrm. Idk!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    That entire show was a fucking mess, even more so than usual. I kinda feel for Keighley, he must be absolutely fuming right now at the security holes and the pacing issues, especially when he promised the show was going to be a lot shorter this year lmao

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Saw on a tweet in another thread, can you imagine if Crazy Idiot Kid decided instead of doing whatever meme bullshit he was trying to do, he acted completely professional like he was a From employee and made a "surprise announcement" that Bloodborne PC was coming next year?

When security tried to take him offstage, the crowd would have risen up in unison and torn them asunder.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    That entire show was a fucking mess, even more so than usual. I kinda feel for Keighley, he must be absolutely fuming right now at the security holes and the pacing issues, especially when he promised the show was going to be a lot shorter this year lmao

They probably should've started the music for that dude at the start way earlier.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

he "joked" about Christopher Judge going on and on multiple times, which was hilarious to me

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    lmao this fucking guy
    ilif7ojg5s7w.jpg

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

They probably should've started the music for that dude at the start way earlier.

The music only made him stronger in the end!

You can't stop Teal'c with mere music! That'll only make him more inspirational!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    lmao this fucking guy
    ilif7ojg5s7w.jpg

Judge single-handedly fucks everyone else's time on stage and the only thing he cares about is not having as much time as he wanted.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Hard Drive doesn't sleep

https://hard-drive.net/gamer-wins-reveal-youre-a-racist-any-speedrun-at-the-game-awards/

“I thought he was just saying random gibberish at first, but I guess if you’re saying random gibberish in 2022, it’s safe to assume that it’s actually a string of vile antisemitism that members of some online far right group use as a calling card,” explained Game Awards host Geoff Keighley. “I don’t understand why people can’t just go up and say ‘the cake is a lie’ or whatever. I guess that kind of thing is in the past.”

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    So, I know hard drive is satire, but

is the shit he said an actual right wing conspiracy thing

ouxsemmi8rm9.png