As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Getting Riggy With It

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Getting Riggy With It!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Getting Riggy With It

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• dmitdmit Registered User regular
    Nice tycho there in the second panel.

• v2miccav2micca Registered User regular
    .....Trying to resist the urge......ugh......sorry ( deeply apologize to those about to witness this level of pedantry)

If you are really getting into sim racing, you should go with a n 80/20 profile rig for you base (simlab P1-X is still the Goat in my humble oppinion). It will provide the rigidity you need to get the most out of the equipment you mount on it. And please please please, upgrade from Logitech gear to at the very least Fanatec direct drive wheels base and rim. (Though I would actually recommend simucube 2 pro)

Once again, my deepest apologies to all who had to witness that outburst.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    v2micca wrote: »
    .....Trying to resist the urge......ugh......sorry ( deeply apologize to those about to witness this level of pedantry)

If you are really getting into sim racing, you should go with a n 80/20 profile rig for you base (simlab P1-X is still the Goat in my humble oppinion). It will provide the rigidity you need to get the most out of the equipment you mount on it. And please please please, upgrade from Logitech gear to at the very least Fanatec direct drive wheels base and rim. (Though I would actually recommend simucube 2 pro)

Once again, my deepest apologies to all who had to witness that outburst.

I've been debating about a racing rig myself for a while (basically since GT7 was announced to be PSVR2 compatible), and it's not easy to decide which way to go. I'm probably leaning towards something like the Logitech G923 and a Next Level Racing GT-Lite because I like the fact it folds out of the way when I'm not using it. While I'd love a direct drive wheel, they start at at least triple the price, and the higher force feedback would mean I'd need a permanent setup for rigidity - in which case I'm either convincing my wife that it looks great in our main living area, or moving the PS5 away from the nice OLED TV and surround system and pretty much giving up on flat games.

I'm also not looking at getting seriously into eSports so the compromise of a more basic wheel and pedals with a collapsible cockpit is probably winning.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I really love GT7 on PSVR2. It's definitely a killer app and a must-have for anyone looking to get into VR2. I'm not even a Gran Turismo guy, generally speaking. But in VR it's amazing. I typically prefer more arcadey style racers. I'm not a big "sim" guy when it comes to racing. Realism generally isn't what I'm looking for. Generally speaking, I'm looking for something more akin to the Burnout series (RIP). Or Blur. Anyone remember Blur from the PS3/360 era? That game was wildly underrated.

Anyway. That's my normal racing preference. But when you add VR on top of that, all of a sudden the realism and the attention to detail in GT7 make it exactly what I'm looking for in a racing game. GT7 is absolutely perfect in VR, and honestly I wouldn't play it any other way.

Thankfully, I don't have much space in my gaming room so getting a racing rig is out of the question.