Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Carpe Liam

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Carpe Liam!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Carpe Liam

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Posts

  • Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    YOU'RE NOT MY REAL WITCHER!

  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    This could also work with James Gunn and Snyderverse fans.

    "It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

    -Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    You're just Witching my mom for coins! I hate you!

  • Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Man, they tossed Cavill hard as soon as Liam showed interest... but Cavill was cajoled by a lot of other movie deals, that then fell through, and he tried rolling it back after he'd already said goodbye. But lo', the studio said, "We have name recognition from super marvel man Liam!", so thus Cavill was crushed, and they foamed at the mouth trying to find any hate to lay upon him. And find it they did.

  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    "Name recognition" for Liam Hemsworth isn't exactly what he'd hope it would be.

    "Oh, nice, they got the guy that played Thor?"

  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My step witcher is not mean he's just adjusting

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    This is a bit of a turn for Tycho:
    8oax0p7jy6c2.png
    From the newspost:
    I had seen a picture that had them side by side, Liam and Henry, and I was like… Oh, okay, I can see it. I heard second-hand that Kara was… unhappy with the choice, near furious, Brenna said that Liam is the "Wish version Of Geralt," and Ronia just scrunched up her face as though even a picture of the man had a stench that could somehow exhale from the screen. Their responses were visceral. Ronia doesn't even watch the fucking show and the simple fact of the man's existence was beyond her endurance. I thought he was just, like, a dude, but apparently he's some kind of revolting goblin.

    YoungFrey on
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    This is a bit of a turn for Tycho:
    8oax0p7jy6c2.png
    From the newspost:
    I had seen a picture that had them side by side, Liam and Henry, and I was like… Oh, okay, I can see it. I heard second-hand that Kara was… unhappy with the choice, near furious, Brenna said that Liam is the "Wish version Of Geralt," and Ronia just scrunched up her face as though even a picture of the man had a stench that could somehow exhale from the screen. Their responses were visceral. Ronia doesn't even watch the fucking show and the simple fact of the man's existence was beyond her endurance. I thought he was just, like, a dude, but apparently he's some kind of revolting goblin.

    Love is blind. And also doesn't visit rottentomatoes.

  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I mean we know Tycho is the more reasonable one. Though imagine how Liam must feel knowing how much Tycho is just doing this to keep the spark going knowing he's mind cgi'ng Henry Cavil ravaging monsters.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jean-LucJean-Luc Registered User regular
    Hot Take: I'll watch season 4 of Witcher it'll probably be decent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Jean-Luc wrote: »
    Hot Take: I'll watch season 4 of Witcher it'll probably be decent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Agreed. But let's keep this between us. I don't need the internet finding out there's people who really don't care who's playing what's-his-butt.

  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Liam was okay in the Hunger Games movies. (I think he was in those, right?).

    And by that I mean his presence did not actively ruin the movies. I realize that "not actively ruining something" is a pretty low bar to clear. But as long as his presence isn't harming the product, it's fine.

    I think the writers and show runners are much more likely to ruin the show than Liam is.

  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    He's the sam worthington of Jai Courtneys. He's like a light mayo aioli. Inoffensive adds very little don't detract much.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    We can all agree that at least it's not Larry Hemsworth.

  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    He's the sam worthington of Jai Courtneys.
    There is no way in hell he, or anyone, could be that terrible

    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    palidine40 wrote: »
    Man, they tossed Cavill hard as soon as Liam showed interest... but Cavill was cajoled by a lot of other movie deals, that then fell through, and he tried rolling it back after he'd already said goodbye. But lo', the studio said, "We have name recognition from super marvel man Liam!", so thus Cavill was crushed, and they foamed at the mouth trying to find any hate to lay upon him. And find it they did.

    Does Liam really have that much star power though? I mean, sure, he's a Hemsworth so I guess that gets him something. But the only thing I could think of that I'd seen him in were the Hunger Games movies, and even in those he felt like barely more than a side character. I thought that surely there would be some other noteworthy things if I looked him up, but there wasn't much other than the most recent Independence Day.

    "It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

    -Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    We can all agree that at least it's not Larry Hemsworth.
    Look, I can't speak to his acting abilities but that man saves children.

    steam_sig.png
Sign In or Register to comment.