As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dominions] 6: Rise of the Pantokrator’s Forum Game Ends in Pyrenese Win!

ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
edited April 9 in Games and Technology
z4fz4bbhhz0z.png

Dominions Priests, Prophets & Pretenders; 2: The Ascension Wars; 3: The Awakening; 4: Thrones of Ascension; 5: The Warriors of Faith 6: Rise of the Pantokrator is a Fantasy 4x strategy game series by Illwinter Game Design Company. The latest installment was released on 17 January 2024, and includes some important changes to the long-running series.

In this game you take on the role of a Pretender God. The Pantokrator, the One True God, he who brought order from Chaos, has gone missing. You, as a Pretender God, seek to defeat all other contenders and take his now vacant throne, bringing order to the chaos, and becoming Pantokrator yourself.

The graphics are simple, but in also my opinion (:D) charming. There's a strategy map and a battle map, everything is in 2d sprites. You do not actually control the battles, rather they are fought by a battle AI, you can give commands to the AI before a battle (telling formations of troops to attack the closest, or to wait and attack the rear, etc. and you can give commanders more complex commands, giving them 5 specific commands and then one generic command to do)

There are a large number of nations, and 3 separate ages to start your game in which determine the nations, most of which will be versions of previous ones as they move and change through history. All nations have access to a number of different Pretender Gods to choose from, though there is overlap between nations of related cultural background (two of the three Norse inspired nations have access to the Allfather in the Early Ages for instance)

The game is also highly moddable, with everything from gameplay balance mods, to single units added to a single nation, to whole new nations created from whole cloth and added into the game. There are also hand drawn maps people have made which you can download, and you can randomly generate maps to your liking and save them.

What makes Dominions 6 different from Dominions 5?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d8fRkHp-FQ
Dominions 6 is scaled up compared to Dominions 5 and armies are larger. We wanted to tweak the balance between conventional armies and magic. To accomplish this a couple of changes are introduced. Incomes and resources are increased, while mages are more expensive. Battlefield-wide spells are more difficult to cast and there are instead more mid-tier spells. There are some other changes with the same aim.

The second and probably most influential change is the addition of a new magic path. No longer are illusions the domain of Air magic. Instead illusions, phantasms, dreams and the stuff of forgotten legends are manipulated with the path of Glamour. This has resulted in many new spells, items and sites being added to the game.

A third massive change is the separation of mounts and riders. Riders and mounts now have separate stats and can be targeted individually. This change probably has less impact on gameplay than the previous one, but will still have an impact on cavalry and nations using mounted units.

Dominions 6 features a number of new nations as well. The addition of the Glamour path has also affected several of the old nations.

There are also a number of changes intended to ease gameplay.

Missing from the official description on Steam (but first in the above video) is the very, very important fact that there are now DIPLOMACY OPTIONS in single-player! Game settings can cause those to be binding (e.g., you cannot declare war on someone you've got a peace treaty with without cancelling it and giving fair warning), weak (non-aggression pacts can be broken immediately without warning), or "totally off." For more info, you can check out here: https://www.illwinter.com/dom6/changes.html

What makes Dominions 5 different from Dominions 4?
New for Dominions 5 is that a God's bless effects can be customized in detail giving a new set of choices for the aspiring Gods. Battles have also received a major change and now feature simultaneous movement for all participating units. Fireballs and arrows will now fly at the same time as everyone is moving and watching large battles will be quicker than before.

For more information on 5's changes, you can check them out here: https://www.illwinter.com/dom5/changes.html

Each game in the series builds on the last, with (nearly) all of the changes and improvements being brought forward and integrated with the new stuff. E.g., all of the work that went into specializing your Pretender God's most (un)holy blessing for your Sacred warriors that was built out for Dom5 is still present in Dom6, even though they've changed it around a bit. (In 5, you'd might have a Blessing where you could select 4 points of Nature bonuses and 5 points of Air bonuses; now, you might have 9 points of blessing to spend, and the highest value bonus you can pick is a 4-point Nature bonus or a 5-point Air bonus, but you can spend all 9 points on Air blessings if you want (a 5-point, a 2-point, and two 1-point bonuses, etc).)

[Information on how-to-play Dom6 will go here]

http://www.illwinter.com/dom6/

I am, in fact, very much not good at these games, but they're a blast to play.

OP largely based on @Lord_Asmodeus 's Dominions 4 OP; thank you!

Elvenshae on

• Options
    edited January 18
    Elvenshae on
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited January 17
    Man it's such an interesting series, but I still haven't been in the right mindset to justify paying the "new version" prices over the last decade with how little changes game to game.

I love supporting small devs making weird and interesting games too! This is just the one where you read the version notes between releases and they sound like a solid free patch for another game, but for $45-60 instead. I think the last I played was 3 when it was like $50-60 with no discounts far after release and no Steam support -- I was jazzed for the steam release of 4, buuut pricetag hit me again and I passed it up.

Maybe some daaay! It's good to see this version beefed up the singleplayer version a tad, as convincing multiple people to drop full price on it was the hardest part.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The way I view it, Illwinter comes out with a major update (and therefore sequel) every couple of years. In between, they have a pretty decent patch cycle.

So to me it’s more like DLC / an expansion pack where the rollback to the prior version is easier than it is for, like, a Paradox game.

On a release by release basis, it’s a little more expensive than an expansion pack, but not by enough to matter in the grand scheme of things.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Well i just finished my first ever dominions game, of 6, where i completely destroyed all the normal ai's with no idea wtf i was doing by just setting all my provinces to auto recruit as much as they could every round and zerged everyone. It was fun but surprisingly easy so i'm guessing the AI is just..horrible. Time to bump it up to difficult and try again

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Yeah the AI doesn't know how to script fights properly. It also recruits a lot of garbage. Single player is still good to test your expansions and scripting and similar stuff.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited January 18
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Yeah the AI doesn't know how to script fights properly. It also recruits a lot of garbage. Single player is still good to test your expansions and scripting and similar stuff.

Yeah I think this is what gets me with the price/updates.

It's basically designed as a multiplayer game with single player kind of tacked on as an afterthought, and it's super barebones in that department. Like I can't think of any other 4X I've played....ever....that doesn't have diplomacy options in singleplayer. I'm glad 6 finally added some! But getting several friends to shell out $45 for such an esoteric and dated looking game is just tough. I think if the singleplayer version were given as much love as a "normal" 4X, then I would have a lot less reservation about the very expensive patches. The store page doesn't communicate at all how barebones the singleplayer experience is either, which doesn't help.

I don't mean to sound too harsh, I just love the concept but haven't been able to fall in love with the execution and the complete package. The lore is super cool and "design your own god" is a great idea!

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    update: difficult AI is kicking my teeth in. :o i think i'm starting to get a handle on the mechanics but when you get to 10-15 provinces all auto recruiting giant stacks of units every turn it gets a bit monotonous running commanders through to pick them up before throwing them into the meat grinder every turn or two.

• Options
    Who are you playing?

Some nations logistics are rougher than others. EA atlantis or Abysia have awful map move and it takes forever to get anywhere

• Options
    Who are you playing?

Some nations logistics are rougher than others. EA atlantis or Abysia have awful map move and it takes forever to get anywhere

I've been mostly jumping between uruk a d Jotunheim in the middle ages

• Options
    edited January 19
    And the first patch is already out!

Patch Notes, 19 Jan:
    This is a quickly made bug fix patch to address some of the problems found after release. Hopefully this will fix the most serious problems. Thanks for reporting the bugs you find. We will start to work on the next update right away, so expect another update in the near future.

General
    • Carrion Lady got an added random path (DG)
    • Carrion Lord got an added random path (WEND)
    • Carrion Commander was missing recuperation
    • Slight change to Black Dryad description.
    • Asphodel regrowth didn’t work, fixed
    • Praefectum Equitus got his priest skill.
    • Orb of Elemental Fire got proper fire gem generation.
    • Miasma (and other spells that target swamps) were unable to target swamps
    • Xibalba foreign recruit fix.
    • Liquid body could only affect demons
    • Invisibility spell didn’t work properly
    • Fix for lost mount tag lingering after transformation
    • Bean Sidhe was missing her sprite
    • NAP doesn’t affect arena battles.
    • Global enchantment attack no longer cares about NAPs
    • Sailing didn’t work properly, fixed
    • Attackers could retreat into defender’s fort
    • Eriu’s recruit in mountain/highland didn’t work
    • Abysia wall defenders tweaked
    • Better at disabling cave layer if using map with many provinces
    • Right-click to move didn’t work on cave entrances
    • History playback crashed if pressing ‘4’, fixed
    • F1 screen could crash the game, fixed
    • Well of Urd glamour gem instead of nature
    • The Throne of Earth gnome now costs gold.
    • Some mounted units with missing unmounted sprites fixed.
    • Imp Pets didn’t have claws
    • Burning ones didn’t have correct bad formation fighter value
    • Stat fixes
    • Typo fixes

Modding
    • AI didn’t care about #disbless, fixed
    • Fix for blood slave generation from sites

Map Making
    • New command: #nodeepchoice

Ran into a neat bless combination while just messing around ... Niefelheim has these Niefel Giants which I think got a bit of a buff vs. Dom5; I'd have to check, but I think they've gone up a size category (7 vs. 6, I think) and gotten some extra HP / Strength etc. Anyway, Sacred infantry with Chill aura. Huuuuuge protection values.

The Niefelheim Bless in my current trying-things-out game includes Enchanted Blood (which gives a light amount of regen and causes bleed injuries to go away basically immediately) and Blood Bond (range 5). Blood Bond takes half of any damage you take and shares it with any other similarly blessed sacreds nearby. So, what happens is that they get a pack of 5 or so Niefel giants standing together, and when you finally smack one for 4 damage, it takes 2 and the other 2 points are shared out among the other 4, so they don't take any damage. Then, it regens that damage fairly quickly. And then, meanwhile, everyone trying to sneak some damage in is getting fatigued out from the cold, eventually just passing out.

It's kind of ridiculously impressive - need to bring some AoE damage and / or armor piercing, which is hard to find early-game.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Slap fortitude on there. Fortitude regen bloodbond is a classic (enchanted blood is budget regen) then you take half damage from weapons, spread half of the half around, and then heal per turn

Then you run into someone who can cast gifts of heaven and cry, as half of 150 still kills all of your sacreds

• Options
    The one thing I'm finding hilarious about 6 SP is, I feel like I can tell the exact moment I start doing well because the following two turns every AI will try to sign peace treaties with me. Barely scraping by, things start to turn around, next turn? 7 peace requests. Lol?

• Options
    Patch Notes, 24 January
    This is a second quickly made bug fix patch. Thanks for reporting the bugs you find. We will start to work on the next update right away, so expect another update in the near future.

General
    • Foreign recruit fixes for several nations
    • Patrol bonus was not correctly displayed for mounted units
    • Asphodel +1 magic-scale limit
    • Research gave more RP than it should
    • Oni phantasmal weapons -> spectral weapons
    • Oni spirit forms have their item slots back
    • Queens of Air got wrong summons, fixed
    • Oreigenes didn’t have earth empowerment, fixed
    • Fix for incorrect magic precision boost information on units
    • Spirit Mask targeted wearer, fixed
    • Arena didn’t give gold and gems, fixed
    • Gods no longer age while they are dormant
    • Fix for divine emperor only getting 1 bearer
    • Aurora Borealis is now castable
    • Edge scrolling in windowed mode was too sensitive at the top
    • Reliability fix for network
    • Can press Esc to exit network lobby administration
    • Fix for timer not counting down in lobby games
    • Reduced CPU usage in network lobby
    • Sprite fixes for Unholy Knights and some other mounted units
    • Triton Knights had sacred mounts
    • Stat Fixes
    • Typo fixes

Modding
    • Fix for poptypes higher than 127
    • Only one #startitem worked, fixed
    • #req_godismnr only worked one time, fixed
    • Sound and music modding

Map Making
    • Default winter map didn't work, fixed
    • Error check for map filenames with spaces

• Options
    When it says stat fixes, that is some From Software level patch notes. They go in and change some big things and it takes people a while to find out

• Options
    Patch Notes, 2 Feb
    A lot of bug fixes this time, e.g. NAPs had some incorrect interactions, the network lobby got some improvements and there has been many stat and sprite fixes as well. There are also a bunch of new mod commands. Most monster and item abilities new for Dominions 6, should now be moddable.

General
    • Elephant Idol -> Dormant/imprisoned only
    • Fix for undead/demon-slaying weapons not working properly
    • Recruitment restrictions shown more accurately in nation info
    • Going berserk now negates formation fighter bonuses
    • Number of thrones reduced automatically if they can't fit on map
    • Being able to bump during a NAP didn't work properly
    • Fix for certain globals still respecting NAPs
    • Gale Gate didn't work properly
    • Temper Flesh also resulted in precision boost, fixed
    • Seith Curse sometimes sent message to wrong player
    • Move arrows updated after transferring units
    • Wrong icon for commander point cost in unit stats
    • Scoregraphs on AI players could disappear when playing in lobby
    • Fix for spiritsight not negating blur and displacement
    • Spells that should give dread gave fear instead, fixed
    • Icon for dread
    • Spell AI no longer casts true sight on those who don't need it
    • AI don't choose Reforming Flesh for non-undead nations
    • Reconstruction bless no longer passive
    • Incarnate was not always correct in known bless info
    • Show extreme scale effects when designing pretender too
    • Fix for randomization of terrain on custom extra planes
    • Can no longer 'g' to hidden lands on map
    • Fix for disabled unique items not being registered as in play
    • Spell range inconsistency fixes.
    • Bell of Cleansing didn't work
    • Orb of Elemental Fire gave one fire gem too many
    • Events resulting in bodyguards can now add to existing bodyguard squad
    • Jotun Jarl and mystic prophet shapes fixed
    • New game in lobby warns on maps with illegal filenames
    • Reduced CPU usage in network lobby
    • Void dreamers are now glamour manipulators.
    • Onis loose afflictions when reverting to material form.
    • ‘…’ replaced with the proper elementals
    • Worm mages were reborn as bugs. Fixed.
    • Warbred didn’t have darkvision, fixed.
    • Unseelie fay didn’t have snowmove, fixed.
    • More fixes to dismounted shapes
    • Lich shape for Agarthan Oracles
    • Civilized cynocephalians ate as animals, fixed.
    • Calystri crossbowman had too high att and def, fixed.
    • Event fixes
    • Stat and typo fixes

Modding
    [list[[*] Slash,pierce,bluntres now shown on magic items
    [*] SpellAI can now cast more type of affliction causing spells
    [*] Monster/item commands: #deathshock, #deathslime, #deathgrab
    [*] Monster/item commands: #nightmareaura, #falseregen, #reconst, #dread
    [*] Monster/item commands: #fireelementals...etc, #undisleader
    [*] Monster commands: #assencloc, #extralives
    [*] New nation commands: #forestfortrec, #forestfortcom, etc.
    [*] New nation commands: #driprec/com, #dripfortrec/com,
    [*] New nation commands: #searec/com, #deeprec/com, #kelprec/com
    [*] New spell commands: #reqnospellsinger, #reqnotaskmaster, #reqnoseduce
    [*] New event command: #remount
    [*] New general command: #startresearch
    [*] #templegems didn't work for blood
    [*] #aimusthavemag didn't work for blood
    [*] #minsizeleader didn't accept values greater than 6
    [*] #coastcom1-2 and #coastunit1-3 are deprecated
    [*] #airshield didn't work[/list]

• Options
    So, before everything gets all figured out, anyone in the mood for a forum game? We could do all v. all or a "Humans vs. Hard Computers" type game. Any interest?

@taliosfalcon @Moridin889
    Pinging a couple of people who might be into it from the SE++ side, as well: @Iolo @durandal4532

• Options
    I'd be down

• Options
    Sure

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I appreciate the vote of confidence (and always enjoy participating in and watching forum games). But I'm not currently a Dominions player and am sadly short on dedicated gaming time in this current phase of child-rearing. I would only slow you all down!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    I'm interested in a forum game! Though I'm at GMT+1, so time zones might make a live game tricky.

• Options
    I don't think we'd try to do it live; we'd be using the new game server to play, and you'd be submitting your turns online, probably like 1x daily (at least for the early turns, maybe faster)?

@Vic @Moridin889 @taliosfalcon

I need your votes:
    • Humans vs. Computers or Humans vs. Humans?
    • If Computers: Difficulty: Easy, Normal, Difficult, Hard, Random
    • What age?
    • Do we want to pitch nations you're interested in, so we don't collide too much?
    • Underground layout choice?
    • Ocean layout choice?

• Options
    1. Either works, weak preference for PVE
    2. Difficult would probably be best for me
    3. EA
    4. Pyrene, Agartha, R'Lyeh, Helheim
    5. Weak preference for a single cave system
    6. No preference

• Options
    I play the MP a lot.

I prefer MP because the AI teaches you bad habits and does random things.

Any age works.

I'll make sure to play something I've not done before so pick what you folks think could be fun.

Cave layer is new and exciting and some people have a cave start. Indies down there are terrifying.

Water sucks unless we have a water nation but there are ways to get in there. No real preference

• Options
  • Options
    I'm down for anything, I'd probably go c'tis ea & ma or andramania la

• Options
    Those doggos look pretty good for LA

• Options
    Okay, setting up the game now. How about we go with ...
    • All-v-All, but including some computer players as spoilers
    • AI: Difficult, standard personalities
    • Nations: ????
    • World: Medium-size
    • Layout: Small lakes
    • Cavern: Single large cavern
    • Water: N / A
    • Rivers: Yes
    • Layout: E-W wraparound
    • Thrones: I'll tweak up the number of thrones a bit from default, 7-3-1 by level with 50%+1 points for Throne victory
    • Cataclysm: On, turn 91 (default setting)
    • Commander renaming: Absolutely yes.

Only thing I'm trying to figure out is if I need to assign the nations when creating the game or if y'all can pick one when you join. If I need to, then you'll have to tell me which one you want; so if someone could try logging in and joining and seeing if you can create your Pretender, etc.?

Game is called PA_GT_Game_01, password is the old classic.
    It's "wang".

Make sure you set a password for your Pretender. I'll take the top slot, and anyone else can grab any of the others. @Vic @taliosfalcon @Moridin889

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    • Thrones: I'll tweak up the number of thrones a bit from default, 7-3-1 by level with 50%+1 points for Throne victory

Only thing I'm trying to figure out is if I need to assign the nations when creating the game or if y'all can pick one when you join. If I need to, then you'll have to tell me which one you want; so if someone could try logging in and joining and seeing if you can create your Pretender, etc.?

It's "wang".

Make sure you set a password for your Pretender. I'll take the top slot, and anyone else can grab any of the others. @Vic @taliosfalcon @Moridin889

I entered the second slot, it let me pick a nation, create a pretender etc. no problem

• Options

It's "wang".

I entered the second slot, it let me pick a nation, create a pretender etc. no problem

Awesome - I was afraid it was going to make me assign Nations and Pretenders to each slot, and that didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

• Options
    Now the choice paralysis will set in as I try to decide what to play

• Options
    Now the choice paralysis will set in as I try to decide what to play
    I just went with, “What have I never played before?”

• Options
    Joined. I have never played bats or birds before. I feel like being this squishy in expansion will be a problem

• Options
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised by it given how everything else is, but as this was joining my first multiplayer game the amount of jank in the lobby took me by surprise. It took an embarrassing amount of time for me to figure out how to choose my civ, create a leader and PW protect it

• Options
    I don't see you in the game yet, @taliosfalcon .

• Options
    I don't see you in the game yet, @taliosfalcon .

My Civ is in the second slot, Gallu/C'tis

I think creating that and PW protecting it is all I had to do? Or am i still missing steps?

• Options
    ... Oh, right. Sorry. :D I totally misread your last post as, "I was finally able to get it to work," and then I checked and we still only had three players.

It's @Vic we're waiting on.

• Options
    Sorry about that! I'm in the game now, though I think I accidentally created another AI player too.

@Elvenshae

• Options
    edited February 8
    zgy0z96go68a.png

Ladies and gentlemen, beings of all descriptions, welcome to the very first PA Forums game of Dominions 6: The Rise of the Pantokrator.

The world is now created, the Pretender Gods are in-place and ready to take to the stage. This one's gonna be wild!

In this corner, we have ...
    • Grafe, the Personification of Death, King of His World, Holder of the Windbag, the Most High, the Pretender God of Arcosephale, Golden Era. Greek City States surrounding the great mountain of Cephalos, where lazy philosphers spout the deep lore. Played by the Computer
    • Felman, Prince of Earthquakes, the Unseen King, Prince of Poetry and Song, the Pretender God of Ermor, New Faith. The cosmopolitan metropolis has suddenly been seized by a new religious fervor, and their old gods fall by the wayside. Played by the Computer
    • Kallum, Great Prince of the Earth, the Consuming Fire, the Earth Monster, the Pretender God of Ulm, the Riddle Enigma of Steel. A nation made of Legally Distinct Conan cosplayers, complete with their own Wheel of Pain! Played by @Elvenshae
    • Four Tiny Balls, Lord of Suffering, Drinker of Blood, the Self-Created Master, the Teacher of Philosophy, the Pretender God of Pyrene, Kingdom of the Bekrydes. French cave-painting cavemen taught metalworking by Basque giants. They have cave cows! Played by @Vic
    • Naric, Guardian of the Bridge, He Who Seals the Gates of Death, Opener of the Wells, Lord of Fishermen, the Pretender God of Yomi, Oni Kings. Demons. Demons everywhere! And Japanese mountain goblins. Played by the Computer
    • Cuchumaquic, Prince of the Heavenly Fires, he Everburning One, King of the Thundershowers and of the Plow, the Pretender God of Xibalba, Vigil of the Sun. Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na batmen! They mostly come at night, mostly, (because they used to protect the sun in its travels through the underworld) and every single one of them can fly. Played by @Moridin889
    • Gallu, Foremost of the Westerners, King of Untimely Death, the Pretender God of C'Tis, Lizard Kings. Loving swamps and reveling in warm temps, these lizards have some rockin' feather hats. And chariots pulled by dumber lizards. Played by @taliosfalcon
    • Shaugnaar Faug, the Armorer, the Gentle Flower, the Pretender God of Atlantis, Emergence of the Deep Ones. Anglerfish-frog-human things have come crawling out of the deepest depths of the ocean. No way that goes wrong! Played by the Computer

We will be fighting over:
    hlwb8blzdwcu.png

The first Pretender to claim 9 points of the Thrones of Ascension will ascend to be the new Pantokrator. All Thrones will help your dominion - the area in which your Pretender God holds mystical sway - spread, at greater or lesser rates. The Thrones' details (and how many points each is worth, which also determines the strength of their initial defenses and benefits once claimed) are:
    • The Throne of the Sun (3): Makes your dominion hotter and more pleasant, grants your sacred troops fire resistance and powers fire magic.
    • The Throne of the First Age (2): Increases magical power near it, while making your sacred troops more resistant to magic.
    • The Throne of Zeal (2): Your sacred troops are less likely to run from combat, and common troops flock to your defense within your nation.
    • The Inner Throne (1): Inner peace makes your dominion less chaotic, while also improving your ability to find, shall we say, maidens of a certain purity, suitable for feeding to demons.
    • The Throne of the Moon (2): The Moon is the huntress, and makes your sacred troops much more accurate with bows and spells, while your hunters find surfeits of food, so your population can grow.
    • The Brass Throne (1): The throne of commerce, where traders from across the world mingle and you reap the taxes. Also helps with fire and earth spells.
    • The Lower Throne (1): The throne of demonology, where a ready supply of sacrifices can be found.
    • The Throne of Twilight (1): Your sacred troops are somewhat harder to see, and so can defend themselves better in melee; it also provides power for illusion magic.
    • The Throne of Storms (1): Protects your sacred troops from lightning, while providing a great deal of power for air magic.
    • The Throne of Might (1): Hulk's throne; your sacred troops are much stronger than normal.
    • The Throne of the Stars (1): Read the future stars, where power for astral rituals is plentiful and you can focus your power much further afield when casting such spells from here.

Pretender Gods can also ascend by eliminating their rivals' nations, either physically, by capturing all of their territory, or spiritually, by converting all of their rivals' followers to their own faith. Rumors about an impending apocalypse, where one Pretender God will assume control to save the world, are completely fabricated and should be dismissed as the foolish tavern talk they are.

Good luck to all players!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Just warning about that throne of the sun. Any scale that goes past 3 has.... detriments.

• Options
    You say "detriments," I say "opportunities." :D