Options

Come for the complaints, stay for the [Job] thread

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    To be a little less grim about the sharpie in the first aid kit, every first aid kit should have paper and a writing implement in it, and sharpies are good at writing on lots of surfaces.

Whenever you give first aid of any kind you should be writing down what the injury was, general notes about the inhured’s state, what treatment you provided, and when it was.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited April 26
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    To be a little less grim about the sharpie in the first aid kit, every first aid kit should have paper and a writing implement in it, and sharpies are good at writing on lots of surfaces.

Whenever you give first aid of any kind you should be writing down what the injury was, general notes about the inhured’s state, what treatment you provided, and when it was.

Sharpies area also good at writing on people's foreheads, which, as an EMT, is the most foolproof way to convey vital info (yes, including time of tourniquet application, but lots of other stuff too) to whoever receives the patient at the ER.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know about the sharpie thing from the Corps and writing on people so they can be treated

Because everytime there is a shooting/stabbing or such at one of the locations of wally world we have to do a training video talking about what to do {I grimy saying defend yourself for all the good it will do} I tell people run ! as the police are coming into the area with weapons drawn so that is far more dangerous than just the person shooting

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I know about the sharpie thing from the Corps and writing on people so they can be treated

Because everytime there is a shooting/stabbing or such at one of the locations of wally world we have to do a training video talking about what to do {I grimy saying defend yourself for all the good it will do} I tell people run ! as the police are coming into the area with weapons drawn so that is far more dangerous than just the person shooting

Yeah the last Run, Hide, Fight training we had dedicated nearly as much time to how to avoid getting killed by the police as it did how to avoid getting killed by the active shooter.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Remember when that red blooded christian white man took down an active shooter who had just killed a cop?

Remember when he was shot soon after by other police officers?

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular

Yeah the last Run, Hide, Fight training we had dedicated nearly as much time to how to avoid getting killed by the police as it did how to avoid getting killed by the active shooter.

When the hospital had ours, I pointed out I had actual lock down due to shooter experience. They didn't want to hear from me.

They did want to hear from the former cop who was fired for being drunk on the job, though.

• Options
    edited April 26
    Docshifty wrote: »

When the hospital had ours, I pointed out I had actual lock down due to shooter experience. They didn't want to hear from me.

They did want to hear from the former cop who was fired for being drunk on the job, though.

I know this resembles military doctrine, I just can't remember which country

I have to do an accident form

Now maybe the tires were in poor condition for the rain.

But dude went opposite direction from his tasks, claiming he wanted food from xyz in ummmm...the shire, when there was an open location next to our base in Gondor

Edit:
    Newbie: Boss, i feel fine, dont need to call nurse hotline
    Royce the unyielding: union job, union dues, union rules, CALL THE NURSE HOTLINE NOW!

Edit: car will be deleted

But more importantly, Jesus sniped my phone in my pocket with a water drop

Edit: dude, home skillet, pal, I get that you are tired of all this paperwork.

But you were in a car accident

On the clock

IN A COMPANY VEHICLE!

Shit get real with these things.

Ignoring the question of why the fucking fucking fucking ducking fuck you were in that city and any of the cities you had quests?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think I have finally turned the corner on this cold.

How did I sleep last night?
    UY5I6q.gif
    While I awoke with my voice at quarter strength, I don't feel like I have been stuck in a taffy machine for a day.

I think I can finally return to work...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Still sucks to breathe, although the time between uncontrollable coughing fits is growing longer each day. I would like to spend the weekend in the big egg that Darth Vader lived in when his helmet was off.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My coughing has at least abated. Just the breathing is still bad. I switched off Claritin back to Allegra since I think the Claritin was causing way more nasal drainage, and while I could breath through the old nostrils better, the coughing was an unacceptable tradeoff.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I’m trying not to get excited because it’ll all be predicated on grant money but I was asked if I’d want to do the book design for a memorial publication to a well known artist.

• Options
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So. Uh. Remember what I said about tornadoes.

Welp uh.

Wish us luck.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yup. Stay safe, things are getting really, really real up there.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like we are out of it. The warning went out right at school dismiss we had to stop everyone and get them into the shelter. We still have to wait 15 more minutes for the warning to expire but where I need to go is under warning now. Elkhorn, the extreme west part of Omaha, got actually hit by a tornado and looks pretty bad.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    The tornado that touched down in Elkhorn/Waterloo looked absolutely massive. Waverly got whacked, too.

• Options
    It was on the ground for like 30+ minutes too.

• Options
    I saw video of the Elkhorn aftermath from a friend of a friend. There's a swath of houses that is completely leveled. Some of those neighborhoods got devastated.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 26
    That's like a disaster movie size tornado wtf.

Glad you are safe!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Finally got home. Everything is fine here. Sorry for posting in the job thread. Couldn’t find the weather one and also I was at work the whole time.

• Options
    Jesus. The tornado that hit Elkhorn ranks in the top 20 of all time for rotational velocity.

• Options
    Jesus. The tornado that hit Elkhorn ranks in the top 20 of all time for rotational velocity.

The same system is still cutting through Iowa and spawning more huge tornadoes.

• Options
    What's the nice way to tell someone, "I know you lied to me about your location and the series of bad decisions you made after the accident arent helping you."

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    If I never have to cleanup after a tornado again it'll be way too soon.

Had family living in Greensburg, KS when the tornado hit there in 2007. I think at it's peak the tornado itself was just under 2 miles wide. It was so weird to see block after block of completely flattened buildings, and suddenly in the middle a house with broken windows and missing shingles but otherwise visually fine.

Glad you're okay Tim, I was thinking about you when I heard at work.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yay I got mad again
    We have been getting huge ice cream pallets {7 feet tall or so} The person I was with said it was too much to do by himself. So did a small vegetables pallet instead. I did the ice cream pallet mostly by myself. I complained to the manager why am I with him to the reply where do you move him to [not me} so I was just infuriated

• Options
    XenaLenaXenaLena Bumflum IndianaRegistered User regular
    I will say, I haven't had a single slow dragging day yet.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Apparently state hospital employees in California are so smoothbrain that the vast majority of them (90%+) keep clicking on things in their email they absolutely shouldn't be clicking on, including the fake phishing attempts from IT.

And the real ones.

To the point that IT in Sacramento sent out an email telling everybody in the department how one particular hero just this morning clicked a thing, entered their login information, and five seconds later IT was dealing with an attack from Brazil. They showed the email that "tricked" the moron and it could not have been more obvious, the kind of fake that shouldn't have fooled anyone with a single functioning brain cell. The entire tone of the email could largely be summed as "ATTENTION ASSHOLES, CUT IT OUT."

• Options
    Shortly after discussing the bikini barista's sleeve tat of this scene (which was freaking incredible), I arrived at work, passing a sheriff's chopper overseeing a large group of police vehicles across multiple agencies as they handled something in an ihop parking lot.

I mention this in the job thread because when I finished the last of the accident paperwork, they had migrated to the front of our building. Surrounding a supposedly empty minivan.

Tat was awesome and had shadows and everything. Even included some of the crowd in the background.

• Options
    We just had a other fucking incident

Hitting a personal vehicle of staff from another department

I'm going to fucking sleep and pondering retesting my entire fucking team!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Looks like we are out of it. The warning went out right at school dismiss we had to stop everyone and get them into the shelter. We still have to wait 15 more minutes for the warning to expire but where I need to go is under warning now. Elkhorn, the extreme west part of Omaha, got actually hit by a tornado and looks pretty bad.

Do you have a shelter that can fit the entire school? Is it like a basement? This is not a consideration for a school I've ever encountered.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular

Do you have a shelter that can fit the entire school? Is it like a basement? This is not a consideration for a school I've ever encountered.

Generally it would be less that there is a shelter and more that there will be areas built to double as shelters.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Well, great.

We have to switch our Sharepoint site from a Teams site to a Sharepoint site, IT set it up, we got access, we made sure everyone knew the new Sharepoint structure, we made sure everyone had the new site synced, we made sure everyone knew to close all their files and stay off the computers this weekend and then we'd move the files today.

Except IT only gave everyone access rights. So we can't actually do shit. Wonderful.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited April 27
    Docshifty wrote: »

Generally it would be less that there is a shelter and more that there will be areas built to double as shelters.

Which are usually just interior hallways, maybe a bathroom if you're lucky. If a giant fuck off tornado went over though, it's basically just random chance to survive and the shelter areas only increase the odds.

Only way to truly be safe from a tornado is a standalone, underground bunker like shelter.

Veevee on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 27
    They were going through budgets at work to see what needed to be done as the fiscal closes at the end of June, and they realized they had training money leftover. So they bought the exam voucher for my Network+ cert for me.

Neat. No pressure!

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    They were going through budgets at work to see what needed to be done as the fiscal closes at the end of June, and they realized they had training money leftover. So they bought the exam voucher for my Network+ cert for me.

Neat. No pressure!

What year is it in your bizarro world?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 27
    Here in Nebraska pretty much every building has basements or tornado shelters. At my school, before the most recent renovations, the library was the main shelter and had reinforced steel and concrete walls and supports. The smaller inner classrooms were also secure. When they built the new auxiliary gym it was also designed as a shelter and reinforced so that is where everyone went this time. It was pretty smooth considering it was the first time we’ve actually had to use the aux gym for that purpose, though we do go over the procedures with students during the school year. The only downside this time was that because school had ended, students were not with classes or teachers, so it was kinda just one big cluster getting everyone in there.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

Neat. No pressure!

It's kinda wild working for a school district that has a budget and is ranked highly (ah but I repeat myself). I feel like karma's finally getting back to me after almost three decades in retail, but I'm also cautiously waiting for the other shoe to drop.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

Neat. No pressure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvW-ZGNjBYc

• Options
    edited April 28
    *inhales*

I took benadryl shortly after 0500 for headache and sleepytime.

I still have headache at right base of skull and sinuses. being up means no sleepy time.

Train newbie at 2100

According to google, a long night of gaming and two days of stress pulled a muscle

Or I'm having a strole

🎉

Edit:pair of pants shoved under heating pad to keep flush with my skull.

Beecause I am a human meatsack with rounded limbs

RoyceSraphim on