Options

Number[chat]

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited April 27
    Drez wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Straight cis white men are the worst. Like really, I'm not even doing a bit. Just the worst.

I mean, obviously not the whole cohort, but goddamn I don’t know of any other demographic that feels like they need a goddamn parade for performing the barest amount of introspection

This is what pisses me off the most - their intellectual laziness. It's like people think they have the right to ignorance. They fucking revel in it. I think the American Dream is no longer money. It's not having to think anymore. People just want to float through life unbothered with anything, including responsibility or guilt or having to even question their own actions or thoughts.

I'm not doing a bit either. This is genuinely what I think.

I mean

I’m not saying you’re right

But you’re definitely right about Richard Gadd

Atomika on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Anyway, I just came here to say that I love murd
    Straight cis white men are the worst. Like really, I'm not even doing a bit. Just the worst.

I mean, obviously not the whole cohort, but goddamn I don’t know of any other demographic that feels like they need a goddamn parade for performing the barest amount of introspection

This is what pisses me off the most - their intellectual laziness. It's like people think they have the right to ignorance. They fucking revel in it. I think the American Dream is no longer money. It's not having to think anymore. People just want to float through life unbothered with anything, including responsibility or guilt or having to even question their own actions or thoughts.

I'm not doing a bit either. This is genuinely what I think.

I mean

I’m not saying you’re right

But you’re definitely right about Robert Gadd

1hhg0z12zscc.png

??????????????

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Everlast: "Thass what they say when you play tha gaaame"

• Options
    Oops I forgot to finish or delete the post I was writing about murd.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Introspection can be difficult and painful, and people being introspective and thoughtful is laudable.

But the ease of avoiding any introspection is different for different demographics and straight cis white dudes can usually avoid any amount of it, and get cheered for the slightest most superficial amount.

Lots of dudes are good people and not the worst, and it's an easy punching bag even for those of us who identify as that. But we don't deserve any more praise for doing the bare minimum than anyone else.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Whoever was playing Hardspace: Shipbreaker - you can disable the time limits! I did, for my playthrough. Makes the whole thing sufficiently chill.
    But then the corporate guy turns up and somehow perfectly recreates the experience of a miserable workplace right as you're liking your crew, and honestly I blame no one for being triggered by that.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i'm not asking for praise for only eating one pizza

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    It's an uncomfortably weird inverse of "one of the good ones", and it is always self-applied and fucking yikes.

I've had the white savior beaten out of me enough to see performances like the one in baby reindeer and feel like I need to down the entire bottle of nedroid poison on their behalf.

I will watch the whole series because I low key hate myself I guess.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 27
    Introspection can be difficult and painful, and people being introspective and thoughtful is laudable.

But the ease of avoiding any introspection is different for different demographics and straight cis white dudes can usually avoid any amount of it, and get cheered for the slightest most superficial amount.

Lots of dudes are good people and not the worst, and it's an easy punching bag even for those of us who identify as that. But we don't deserve any more praise for doing the bare minimum than anyone else.

I don't want any more praise, I want to come here and post about food and motorcycles and not be made to feel like I'm getting zoned out of my own community

Like I was taking a shower five minutes ago and it's just like, oh, okay, gonna be sad/upset now. Nobody benefits from this.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I can do a lot of decent things without reward.

But I'm gonna need that medal if you expect me to stop farting on the cat

• Options
    edited April 27

What irritates me is when someone argues against trying to contemplate the things they've always and continue to take for granted, and that's for EVERYTHING. Not just aspects of a privileged life, but even intellectually/academia. It's a thing and it bothers me.

Drez on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    some of my best friends are straight cis white men

Spoken like Whitey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA1nGPM9yHA

But seriously this is a fucking banger of a song.

Such a great riff. Straightforward, good bass...

This guy has no idea what the blues are, but he made a good hook.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

I don't want any more praise, I want to come here and post about food and motorcycles and not be made to feel like I'm getting zoned out of my own community

Like I was taking a shower five minutes ago and it's just like, oh, okay, gonna be sad/upset now. Nobody benefits from this.

Fair. I shouldn't be working out my own guilt and shame about my shitty things and uncomfortable privilege at the expense of anyone in our community.

I genuinely apologize and will try not to be shitty like this again in our space.

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    I can do a lot of decent things without reward.

But I'm gonna need that medal if you expect me to stop farting on the cat

Farting on pets deserves a medal tbh

• Options

Only planet-killing gaia-haters take showers. Smell bad, bro. Do it for the universe!

• Options
    Not the dog.

Do not challenge dog to farting contest.

Beware.

• Options
    The universe needs Planet Earth and the Human Race to survive so we can one day spread across the far ends of the universe and subjugate it.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    im gonna keep praising summs is that okay?

• Options
    (For its own good.)

• Options
    Fuck you, aliens.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    can someone explain Khruangbin to me because several different algorithms keep throwing them at me and near as i can tell they're just noodle wank soft jam and they suck

Boo! Booooooo!

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    humans started walking upright because they wanted a bigger ass

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    humans started walking upright because they wanted a bigger ass

Big cheeks go brrrrr

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Whoever was playing Hardspace: Shipbreaker - you can disable the time limits! I did, for my playthrough. Makes the whole thing sufficiently chill.
    But then the corporate guy turns up and somehow perfectly recreates the experience of a miserable workplace right as you're liking your crew, and honestly I blame no one for being triggered by that.

Yeah just finished Act II. Oof.

• Options
    The chair was invented to facilitate lifting one cheek and tearing ass

• Options
    Also had a thing where I extracted a reactor properly and then the meltdown just kept going and it exploded in the barge.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Also had a thing where I extracted a reactor properly and then the meltdown just kept going and it exploded in the barge.

Still got all the points right?

Also I had a department retreat all day today and gotta say sitting in a room holding my farts all day is not what I ever want to do.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    man hardspace was fun

fucking up a reactor extraction

panicking, i can get it, i can still get it

and then you die and even worse lose like 2/3rds the salvage

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    can someone explain Khruangbin to me because several different algorithms keep throwing them at me and near as i can tell they're just noodle wank soft jam and they suck

Boo! Booooooo!

oh so it's your fault

• Options

Also I had a department retreat all day today and gotta say sitting in a room holding my farts all day is not what I ever want to do.

Nope!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Hey y'all who wants some new(ish) music

I follow the drummer for these guys on the social medias and that’s how I found out about them but I think this is a good song regardless

They’re from PDX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnHwgxtHBEQ

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    man hardspace was fun

panicking, i can get it, i can still get it

this is me but in hard manspace

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

Nope!

It probably wasn't all the way down. Big things can sometimes slow down (you know, with all the friction you get in space) and not quite make it

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Hey y'all who wants some new(ish) music

I follow the drummer for these guys on the social medias and that’s how I found out about them but I think this is a good song regardless

They’re from PDX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnHwgxtHBEQ

this reminds me of Mission of Burma

i dig it

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    i read the little two sentence blurb for Baby Reindeer on Netflix and immediately was like nope no no thank you

Here’s the summary of my hottest takes:

- there are details he’s straight-up lying about
    - knowingly and voluntarily enabling abuse is not the same thing as being a victim
    - forcing people without their consent to hear your tearful admission of being an insane attention-whore narcissist is, in fact, you just being an insane attention-whore narcissist
    - Robert Gadd is, even now, deeply toxic and unformed, and deserves no pity or redemption whatsoever.

Is he lying about being raped?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Puppy is bawling because roommates are at a work thing

Tried to tire him out and he did play fetch and wrestle with his toys for like 20 minutes

But then he remembered that the roommates aren't home and now he's back in howler monkey mode

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    It's an uncomfortably weird inverse of "one of the good ones", and it is always self-applied and fucking yikes.

I've had the white savior beaten out of me enough to see performances like the one in baby reindeer and feel like I need to down the entire bottle of nedroid poison on their behalf.

I will watch the whole series because I low key hate myself I guess.

I think the part that makes Baby Reindeer truly appalling is what you just said, this guy really does position himself as some kind of cool progressive who is singularly hampered by problems only he could ever understand or experience, and to him that story is so novel and important it needs to be told to the widest audience possible, and damn all the glaring evidence showing him downplaying and ignoring his own toxic harm.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

Nope!

It probably wasn't all the way down. Big things can sometimes slow down (you know, with all the friction you get in space) and not quite make it

I messed with it a bunch because I had almost the full countdown after it hit the barge, just bugged.

• Options
    i read the little two sentence blurb for Baby Reindeer on Netflix and immediately was like nope no no thank you

Here’s the summary of my hottest takes:

- there are details he’s straight-up lying about
    - knowingly and voluntarily enabling abuse is not the same thing as being a victim
    - forcing people without their consent to hear your tearful admission of being an insane attention-whore narcissist is, in fact, you just being an insane attention-whore narcissist
    - Robert Gadd is, even now, deeply toxic and unformed, and deserves no pity or redemption whatsoever.

Is he lying about being raped?

No, most of the details that I highly suspect he’s lying about are regarding his girlfriend

The rape thing is …. complicated, but there’s no reason to assume he’s not telling the truth about that specifically

• Options
    Wait, Hardspace: Shipbreaker is a single player game?

I got it in one of the monthly humble collections but I thought it was some gonk multiplayer game.

This discussion has been closed.