Options

Number[chat]

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    The music industry becomes a battlefield when ancient Chinese strategist Kongming is transported to modern Japan. He’ll use military tactics to turn his new friend Eiko into a music star, and together they’ll take the party hotspot of Shibuya by storm!

Go on...

Is this an isekai from the ancient Chinese strategist's point of view or a 'reverse isekai' from our point of view?

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited April 27
    'I'm not actually an underage schoolgirl. I'm actually an ancient 1,000 year old Chinese military strategist that's been transported to modern times to save pop music and get scantily clad at a hot springs'

Zavian on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    The music industry becomes a battlefield when ancient Chinese strategist Kongming is transported to modern Japan. He’ll use military tactics to turn his new friend Eiko into a music star, and together they’ll take the party hotspot of Shibuya by storm!

Go on...

Is this an isekai from the ancient Chinese strategist's point of view or a 'reverse isekai' from our point of view?

I'm going to need you to break down this sentence for me word for word. Maybe a flowchart.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    'I'm not actually an underage schoolgirl. I'm actually an ancient 1,000 year old Chinese military strategist that's been transported to modern times to save pop music and get scantily clad at a hot springs'

I looked up some clips to see if this is how I will spend my fever, and I caught the lines "Who are you?!" "Zhuge Konming, like I said. I have a wiki page."

so it seems to be just "I am a chinese military strategist from 1800 years ago. No, I'm actually a chinese military strategist from 1800 years ago. Let's do pop music."

fuck it, I'm going to give it a shot. Something that has a shot this glorious in the opening deserves it.

P6WKbTu.jpeg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Everyone is a military strategist from the 1800s nowadays.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 27
    Drez wrote: »
    Everyone is a military strategist from the 1800s nowadays.

no, 1800 years old. He's from the 200s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuge_Liang

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    iylurg67jhwm.jpeg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've barely slept a wink since 11:30ish and it's almost 6:30 now, everything hurts, def not making it to the gym today but I'm supposed to go to big long walk at a park with partner and an old friend who's visiting when all I wanna do is cast the world into darkness.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited April 27
    Honk wrote: »
    Speaking of, Homeworld 3 releases in like 3-4 weeks. Now I don’t have anything to play it on probably. I can’t imagine it would work on a steam deck. But it’s one of those things I’ll buy as show of support.

@Honk

Homeworld-3_PC-Requirements_1920x1080_2024-1-1024x576.png

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    9VZQUtT.jpeg

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Mini took me 10 minutes today.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

angrily on the toilet before coffee took 2:15

• Options
    I have coffee. Also I took the dog out and may have turned a squirrel to ash with a glance.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited April 27
    Mini took me 3:30

Was it hard or was I incepted to think it was hard

(title of my sex tape)

Tumin on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    apparently Lego is planting a bunch of trees around the south of Richmond for some reason and they helpfully clarified they would be real trees and not Lego trees

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    recycled microplastic trees

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So what you are saying is that Lego is not planting Plants made of Plants, but are instead planting plants made of plants.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Will the trees be planted by Lego workers

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »

angrily on the toilet before coffee took 2:15
    Usually my angry toilet time is after the coffee takes effect.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Speaking of, Homeworld 3 releases in like 3-4 weeks. Now I don’t have anything to play it on probably. I can’t imagine it would work on a steam deck. But it’s one of those things I’ll buy as show of support.

@Honk

Homeworld-3_PC-Requirements_1920x1080_2024-1-1024x576.png

So I guess it’s not impossible it could run, but lacking dock and stuff I don’t think it’s something that I would like to play on it. Controls wise etc. That’s maybe the one weakness for me with the deck so far is for some types of games I don’t see how I would play them using the control scheme, or want to.

But if HW3 comes to GeForce Now that would be an option for me I think.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Today is an outside choring day and I am not here for it. Alas.

• Options
    oh right Kongming / Zhuge Liang was the guy from the story of opening the gates before the enemy army and quietly playing the lute in the opening where the opponent was like if Zhuge Liang has opened his gates it must be a trap and retreated.

Started watching the anime now.

He dies in 234 and wakes up confused in shibuya and halloween and sees the crowds and simply smugly goes ah, I see. I am in Hell, of course. Very well.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    9VZQUtT.jpeg

3jw16664ltdh.png

• Options
    edited April 27
    I will proudly stand on the hill that buying flights is a laptop activity even though I booked my last couple trips on my phone, while quite tipsy, in a bar.

also I don't know if I'm about to pass out, throw up or take the kind of shit that makes you beg god for forgiveness but something is going to happen and soon.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    If a toaster can run Doom surely it can book flights

• Options
    Really though desktop sites usually have a far superior UI / UX than mobile e-commerce sites and since my PC is right there of course I'm going to use it over my phone.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Owning a PC is some millennial shit.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Being a millennial sucks because I’m old now

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    @Tav Frankie Boyle was great. He had Shane Clifford as the warm-up act, a comedian from Kerry I'd never heard of before.

Maybe because it was a regional gig he had a different opening act for him.

I'm just surprised he came to Ennis, and places like Killarney to gig. I don't think Frankie Boyle need to play smaller venues like that, but pretty cool that he did.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What am I if I still like getting catalogs?

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I will proudly stand on the hill that buying flights is a laptop activity even though I booked my last couple trips on my phone, while quite tipsy, in a bar.

also I don't know if I'm about to pass out, throw up or take the kind of shit that makes you beg god for forgiveness but something is going to happen and soon.

update: pray for me

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    What am I if I still like getting catalogs?

Normal sane and wise?

• Options
    This brightened my morning up.

https://youtu.be/FZs113aH2x0?si=CC7azzEVhjuXfEkb
    Frodo, that's a multiple launch rocket system!"

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I’ve never even owned a laptop

• Options
    AH why is the undergarmets section of this 1977 Sears catalog all crinkly?

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

Ive never even had a lap

• Options
    edited April 27
    Imagine all that real estate, Truckules

Tumin on
  • Options
    I have a laptop upstairs. I have not used it in 3 or 4 years.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »

Ive never even had a lap

I mean, in this economy who can afford it

This discussion has been closed.