Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

spider man vs batman

2»

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Batman animated series >>>> Spider-man animated series

True, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMk-HPBF6Mw

• StempyStempy Registered User regular
    Well, the spectacular spider-men series should be the one to compare against BTAS. Probably more consistent, but not with the same highs as Batman.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I dunno

Spider-Man routinely has trouble with a guy who flies around throwing exploding pumpkins

batman has way more aerodynamic exploding things

Green Goblin is effectively evil Iron Man who traded in alcoholism for tuned to 11 schizophrenia, not just some guy throwing pumpkins. We could reduce and infantilize everything but come on this is a serious discussion and it should be taken seriously!

Is that more recent or something?

I basically haven't read comics since the mid 90s and he always looked like a guy in a mask to me

regardless, exploding pumpkin vs. exploding batarang seems like a no brainer

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    If anything I'm underselling Green Goblin, tbh.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Green Goblin is basically a super science genius who gets fucked up on bootleg super soldier serum

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    It's real easy to be like "lol he's dressed like a goon, his name is Green Goblin and he throws bombs that look like pumpkins" but that's all just Silver Age shit. Green Goblin would fuck up almost any street level hero.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    They made Morbius have weird sucker-hands because the censors wouldn't let them have a vampire sucking blood out of necks with fangs on Saturday morning cartoons.

IMO it made cartoon Morbius more distinct from a normal vampire

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    EXCUSE ME

green goblin is a good guy now and is called the gold goblin and is best pals with peter parker

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    EXCUSE ME

green goblin is a good guy now and is called the gold goblin and is best pals with peter parker

is this true

EzUAYcn.png
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the real winner is you, the fans

7656367.jpg
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    EXCUSE ME

I thought Peter Parker got turned into the Green Goblin.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Both things are true.

Amazing Spider-Man hasn't been very good .

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Bats eat spiders but mans eat mans so who could say in the end

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Ben Reilly returned from the dead but he got his memories wiped so he's basically a brand new character and he's evil and instead of spider powers he has dark goo based electric powers and his name is Chasm.

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Ben Reilly returned from the dead but he got his memories wiped so he's basically a brand new character and he's evil and instead of spider powers he has dark goo based electric powers and his name is Chasm.

Is Ralph from the Simpsons writing these things or what?

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

but spiderman is evil now or something and chasm is like what hey thats my schtick and is probably going to be the good guy to save the day

i havent really been paying close attention besides reading the solicits tbh

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    What about Batman vs Spiders-Man

5fadenesghh6.png

a hive of spiders that think they are Peter Parker

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    what about Spider-Ma'am Vs Martha Joker
    cx8pt4iyhjps.png1q3g45s82vgr.png

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Martha joker looks cool as hell

Also only now did I realise I’ve never known peters parents names

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Bats eat spiders but mans eat mans so who could say in the end

Goes both ways. (content warning: site has images of Spiders-man)

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited July 1
    The spiderman and Batman games are great so we’re all winners

And by we I mean those who own all their subsidiary rights

Prohass on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Who wins if they're fucking

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Who wins if they're fucking

If we're looking at the long game, only one of them has radioactive cum.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Do you think that Dick and Peter would get along?

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 1
    Spider-bat rich young kid bitten by a radioactive (it's just rabies) bat

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Do you think that Dick and Peter would get along?

I bet Terry and Pete would be instant best friends

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    I'm fond of Spider-Ma'am becauae it's simple effective wordplay

I imagine peter would be nervous and get in his own head, but he’d be generous and caring. Bruce would be too brooding and self serious and it would be all about how super sexy and sensual he is, but hed also be super sexy and sensual so that’s good

It’s a tough call, I suppose it depends if it’s tap out rules or a ladder match

Stempy wrote: »
    Well, the spectacular spider-men series should be the one to compare against BTAS. Probably more consistent, but not with the same highs as Batman.

In terms of probably being the best adaptation of classic Spidey you're right, but it's fun to stack Spider-Man TAS up against BTAS since it was clearly a response to the latter.

Also the censorship can be kinda funny. From even NYPD running around with laser pistols, to Kraven fighting off a pride of lions, getting his clothes badly torn up but no scratches at all, while the characters seriously say "he's badly wounded".

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Spider-Man TAS is fun cause it's bright and high tech and cheesy, contrasting with BTAS' dark, moody, retro-future Gotham. Both enjoyable, if for different reasons. Also, Mark Hamill voices laughing baddies in both of them.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Goku imo

4yykqbb3k3zu.png