Options

AUTOBOTS, TRANSFORM AND...well, you know.

Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Games and Technology
So yes.
The Transformers Movie Game, June 26th, on every fucking console (Not really, but almost).
As with the movie, the potential here could go either way: Ultimate awesomeness or shit bad.
I'm hoping against hope it's as awesome as the trailers make it out to be.
transformers-the-game-20070419040541820.jpg
transformers-the-game-20070301104451432.jpg
In either case, I'm seeing the movie opening day, and at least renting this.
Wiki

Local H Jay on

• Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Supposedly the PSP version comes out on the 12th.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Supposedly the PSP version comes out on the 12th.

Good for the 27 people who own PSP.

Just joshing, but really, I would never buy a handheld version of a movie game (Even if they have 20 playable characters...).

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If its a straight port it might not be bad.

I cant wait for this though the last transformers game kicked a lot of ass.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Yes, that PS2 game got alot of flak, but was really fun.
    I should have bought and not rented, I'll probably never see it again.
    Same goes for all the Gundam games (Yeah, I liked them, sue me....better than Armored Core).

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm not sure why, but this game has always had mediocre written all over it.

Like there can't be so much awesome contained in one film.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

I really hope this isn't Spiderman 3 the Game again....

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

I really hope this isn't Spiderman 3 the Movie again....

American flag!

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

I really hope this isn't Spiderman 3 the Movie again....

American flag!
    *Emo Hair flip*
    I beat women, pity me!

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The last Transformers game wasn't terrible. Good, not great. If its like that one, I'll be satisfied.

BiggNife on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This is based on the movie license, does anyone really expect it to be like the last game?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    This is based on the movie license, does anyone really expect it to be like the last game?

Uh, Spiderman 2 was based on a movie license and Ultimate Spider Man wasnt. They both fundamentally play the same, at least when you're playing as spider-man.

BiggNife on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't even think it's made by the same team. I'm pretty sure Atari did the last one?

Activision's on this.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I don't even think it's made by the same team. I'm pretty sure Atari did the last one?

Activision's on this.

Ah okay, I didnt know that.

BiggNife on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    BiggNife wrote: »

Uh, Spiderman 2 was based on a movie license and Ultimate Spider Man wasnt. They both fundamentally play the same, at least when you're playing as spider-man.

The Spider-Man games were the exception, not the rule. Not to mention the fact that it was the same developer on both of those games, which is not the case with the Transformers.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    BiggNife wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Activision's on this.

Ah okay, I didnt know that.

That doesn't mean the games won't play the same.
    Look at Guitar Hero, Activision's taking over for Harmonix and it's still the same Guitar Hero.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The truly applicable proverb is, "If it's a movie license, don't waste effort on it."

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    In the movie, how the hell do they get so much bigger when they transform? It's like they keep their spare mass in magical robo-rectums or something.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    AND ROLL OUT

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007

I can never get past the first level. I get lost in the jungle and don't know where the hell to go next.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    In the movie, how the hell do they get so much bigger when they transform? It's like they keep their spare mass in magical robo-rectums or something.

Cars are pretty dense pieces of machinery.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I love how the thing he is puzzled at is how the giant alien transforming robots manage to squeeze into a camaro and not the fact that they are giant alien transforming robots.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    djklaydjklay Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

That's pretty much what I thought when I saw a trailer for the game. I really hope it proves me wrong but we've had a few good movie licensed games in the past few years so I'm not getting my hopes up.

djklay on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm hot for the movie, but this just looks like a bland third person action game.

august on
  • Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited June 2007
    DINOBOTS, DESTROY DEVESTATOR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU67-jJ1uis

...i just wanted to say that...

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I do not recognize any of the robots in this movie and/or game.
    alien.jpg

Oh look, it's Megatron!

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My feeling on this is the same on the movie.

Meh.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    nihilnihil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I really want this to be good, I enjoyed the hell out of the previous Transformers game on the ps2. That was quality, sure the graphics could have used a boost...maybe the controls a little tightening, but the levels? Are you kidding me? There hasn't been a game on the ps2 (exception GTA) that loads up something that big and seamlessly. Also, the customization on the bots...? Hell yes, it's a shame there were only three bots. I kept pillaging the levels like mad going back to get those lil robots...their names elude me.

nihil on
    doubttom.png

on the ps3 - doubttom
    on wii - 2056 0358 8899 2028
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just a note; it's being made by the Lego Star Wars guys. :D

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Actually, the height/size of the robots is quite "realistic" in the movie, it's something they aimed for and one of the reasons they had to change around the type of truck optimus is.

And I'm looking forward to this game... a lot. There's only ever been one (good) transformers game (PS2) and even if this one is only 'ok' I'll end up buying it. How many people DON'T want to drive along a freeway as a sports car, transform whilst leaping through the air and shoot at bad guys behind you?

I spent most of my time in the last game running over jumps and transforming mid-air...

I'm a geek.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm leaning towards "good fundamentals, but 4 hours long, extremely simplistic, and moderately buggy".

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Now I feel like trying out the last Transformers game

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What port are the screenshots from?

Because you know, they aren't really pretty...

Looks like something the PSP could handle.

Please don't kill me. :|

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Akatsuki wrote: »
    Now I feel like trying out the last Transformers game

It's worth it, and I'm pretty sure it's around $10 used nowadays.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Why do they have to transform in mid-air every freaking time? Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, sure, they like to show off, but Bumblebee? Also, I can't imagine it being good for the suspension, even less with a Camaro. Yeah, yeah, it's a video game based off a Hollywood movie based off an '80s cartoon, but still.

Also, lol at the Sikorsky dude using its rotor for a weapon. "Oh shit, guys, I just remembered, I lost it in the heat of battle."

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bernie Mac is in it. That pretty much makes it an instant classic.

Rivulent on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Chen wrote: »
    Why do they have to transform in mid-air every freaking time? Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, sure, they like to show off, but Bumblebee? Also, I can't imagine it being good for the suspension, even less with a Camaro. Yeah, yeah, it's a video game based off a Hollywood movie based off an '80s cartoon, but still.

Also, lol at the Sikorsky dude using its rotor for a weapon. "Oh shit, guys, I just remembered, I lost it in the heat of battle."

Springer did in the original movie, in fact his blade broke during a battle but it's just one of the convenient things they forget.

And they transform in mid-air because it looks frigging cool! If stood still and transforming they obviously don't but if driving along how would you expect them to change if not in the air? They'd scrape their knees on the ground :)

I shall defend with my life this game, even if it turns out to be rubbish.

(but yeah, the screenshots do look a bit lo-res, I'm assuming they're not 360/ps3)

::edit::

Also: "You've got the touch! You've got the power!"

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I REALLY don't get the complaint about them changing size when they transform. Have you ever seen the comic/cartoons they are based off?

Megatron was the largest robot form and turned into a tiny gun that fit in Starscream's hand. Soundwave was also a huge robot form that turned into a HUMAN SIZED POCKET WALKMAN. If anything you should be dissing the movie for being too realistic.

Or how about mocking the first episode of the cartoon where all the vehicle forms are COMPLETELY different, but the robots are the exact copies of their yet to be discovered earth forms. Right down to obvious parts from the never before seen earth vehicles.

The core material makes no sense whatsoever.

Off topic, are they making any transformable toys? All I see are the robot forms that don't transform due to the way they do the transformations in the movie. Also, I picked up some of the packs of the Wizards 'card' game. They are like the pirates of the spanish main game where you put the card together as a model. They can go together as robot or vehicle form. Some are pretty cool, some less so. I like the helicopter guy a lot.

Smudge on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Smudge wrote: »
    Off topic, are they making any transformable toys? All I see are the robot forms that don't transform due to the way they do the transformations in the movie. Also, I picked up some of the packs of the Wizards 'card' game. They are like the pirates of the spanish main game where you put the card together as a model. They can go together as robot or vehicle form. Some are pretty cool, some less so. I like the helicopter guy a lot.

morethanmeets.jpg

Oh yeah, they're making toys.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Interestingly enough, several of the "fodder" characters created specifically for the Video Game are going to be made into toys. (One of them, Swindle, is already out.)

$4 Legend Class (Mini-figures)
    Jazz, Ratchet, Barricade, Bumblebee, Megatron, Optimus Prime

$7 Real Gear (Transform into life-size objects; don't actually appear in the film though)
    MP3 Player(Looks like laserbeak), Binoculars, Gameboyish Thing, Cellphone, Camera, Camcorder

$10 Deluxe Class
    Protoform Optimus Prime, Protoform Starscream, Jazz, Barricade, Bumblebee, Brawl, Bonecrusher, Scorponok, Wreckage (Not in the movie), Swindle (Not in the movie, but in the videogame and prequel comic)

$20 Voyager Class
    Ratchet, Blackout, Ironhide, Starscream

$40 Leader Class
    Optimus Prime, Megatron

EDIT: Also, the leader-class Optimus Prime is one of the best Transformers I've had the pleasure to own in all my years of collecting.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The fact that Industrial Light and Magic gave the movie models of the transformers to be used in the game at least show they're trying.

Also, this'll either be amazing, living up to all the hype, or crash and burn horribly, leaving only the DS version as the playable, though still mediocre, one since it's so different from the rest.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png