Options

AUTOBOTS, TRANSFORM AND...well, you know.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've bought one of those fake trailers from JustToys before Takara announced MP-04. Costed me $20 I think. It's hollow inside and doesn't open, but it does have room for BinalTechs/Alternators. Oh well, it's mainly for cosmetics anyway.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Masterpiece Megatron was basically an instant sellout everywhere.

They are going to make more though.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey guys what's up?
    DSCF0028.jpg

Jetfire and Astrotrain chilling with former Canadian Alliance party leader Stockwell Day.
    DSCF0029.jpg

We don't suck, right guys? Guys??!
    DSCF0030.jpg

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I hate that Optimus figure so much.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ok my turn.

My alternators (I didn't feel like transforming them):
    alternators.JPG

Random TF's top two shelfs:
    misctftop.JPG

Random TF's bottom two shelfs:
    misctfbottom.JPG

Primes top two shelfs:
    primetop.JPG

Primes bottom two shelfs:
    primebottom.JPG

The bookcases are actually 5 shelfs but I don't put TF's on the bottom two because of the cats, for some reason they stay off the upper shelfs.

My wife lets me keep all these out in "my room". If I took pictures of what was behind me you'd see my desk with two PC's side by side, a window with a movie sized prime and megs poster on either side overlooking the room. Also a bass and an amp in the corner. I have a pretty sweet room. It's also our "library" so aside from "my" shelf of novels, she has three shelfs of her psychology and language books.

Last count was 23 versions of prime and I don't bother counting the random TF's I pick up.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Man most of my TFs are boxed up right now.

I just have my Binaltech figures and the more recent Classics and late Cybertron figures out.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Also boxed. The only ones I have on shelves at the moment are Devastator, Menasor, Defensor and Piranaking. Scorponok is on the top with massive dust layers.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I was at Wal-Mart yesterday, and I saw Robot Heroes, little poseable G1 Transformers (about 2-3 inches tall), and I thought they were pretty neat considering they came in 2-packs (one Autobot, 1 Decepticon) and were $5. Pretty detailed for such little, plastic guys.

transformers1.jpg
    transformers2.jpg

They also had ones based on Star Wars and the Marvel universe.

A whole bunch of the Transofrmer ones are now lined up across my monitors.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I got the Bumblebee/Barricade two-pack since it was $17 for 2 deluxe figures.

I might the cheaper version of Optimus Prime next week. What are all the versions of Optimus that are out in this movie line?

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My lot aren't so much a collection, more just toys from when I was younger :)

Being I'm not a massive geek...why does my jetfire look different to the rest of yours?
    I know he's missing his extra red plastic bits, they're in a box, but he still looks different
    IMG_0008.jpg

Oh and bumblebee! Bless him, thinking about it, he must be over 15 years old-ish?
    IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg

Oh and being we're on about old toys, does anyone remember these?
    IMG_0011.jpg

And I have some Rocklords kicking around but I don't know where at the mo!

Ahhh, good 'ole 80s!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Your Jetfire is the original, while the ones we posted are from the new classics line, which is mostly redesigns of classic figures. I've also got the original, though mine is in bad shape. It's also probably my favorite transformer, though I'm not sure if that's because it' basically the same as a Robotech/Macross veritech.

Speaking of rocklords, I'm surprised they didn't catch more on as they were pretty damn cool and functionally superior to transformers. But then I guess there's only so much you can do with transforming rocks.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Y'know up until doing a quick search now, I didn't know rocklords were gobots. I saw the cartoon soooo long ago.

As for the toys, I have about 5. No idea what their names are though :)

ROCK LORDS - Check that theme tune - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KauhJ_kYxE

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Hahah Rocklords were fucking pimp. I didn't know they were a spinoff of go-bots either, though that's probably a good thing.

acetato_artigo_geracaobdesenhos_04.jpg

Now for some more transformers videos.

Soundwave breaks it down

Long Live Galvatron

I wish I had this much time on my hands

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just wait until bot-con. Hasbro being ass-hats went and did all the other jet characters as an exclusive bot-con set. Costs something like $200 to start, probably much more on ebay. :(

No doubt, though Hasbro's only real fault in that is that their Classics line didn't go on long enough for their inclusion, if they'd have even made that many recolors in mass-succession, anyway. These guys were BotCon or bust, really.

And with the movie line taking up everything now, with Classics as just a filler... well, better than nothing, if only marginally.
    I usually don't mind con-exclusives cause they're always just ridiculous repaints of existing molds that they pretend are whole new characters who never existed before and will never exist afterwards outside of a con-exclusive pamphlet/comic book. This time they're finishing off my favorite line with all the characters I want as an exclusive only 1000 people can ever own.

Not in recent years, not since Fun Publications took over the convention. Ironhide, Ratchet, Outback, and Deathsaurus the first year, pre-Beast Wars the second, and now Classics...

I'm more upset about last year's than this year's, frankly.
    And I don't buy the excuse that these characters would never have been made otherwise. This is Hasbro. They're still repainting molds from the Machine Wars line. They've got a whole line (Transformers Universe) devoted to repaints of existing molds. I'll grant you that they're no room on the shelves for these toys right now due to the movie, but it's virtually guaranteed that they would have shown up somewhere down the line if not for the "must maintain con-exclusitivity" mindset.

Universe is dead, man. There's a chance that they might have shown up, but there's also a chance they might not.

Truth be told, I think it's more likely they'd have done something else with the molds to fill out another line, rather than use the characters we saw here, anyway.
    Ludious wrote: »
    I've heard people say they've had trouble finding a starscream.

There was one left at walmart yesterday. It's mine now.

This just made me laugh. :lol:

KingsHand: Steeljaw!!! :D:D

I see you have Titanium Rodimus Prime, too. I want that one; Rodimus Prime was my first Prime, and one of my first TransFormers.

---

I also like the mild integration of GoBots into TransFormers lately, like Bugbite in the convention set, and the eHobby recolors of the Minibots as GoBot characters.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    AlienCowThatMoosAlienCowThatMoos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Universe is dead, man. There's a chance that they might have shown up, but there's also a chance they might not.

Truth be told, I think it's more likely they'd have done something else with the molds to fill out another line, rather than use the characters we saw here, anyway.

I know. :( I was just using Universe as an example of how much Hasbro loves to repaint/retool old molds. I wouldn't be surprised if repaints outnumber originals overall in the Transformers line. I was just saying that even though there's no where but Botcon to stick those characters right now, they would probably put them out later. It's in Hasbro's nature to do so. For another example, they just put out more show-accurate repaints of several Beast Wars characters ten years after the fact.

I'm a patient guy, I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. But by making these con exclusives they've basically banned themselves from ever putting out those molds as those characters. Which is a big :cry: for me and a great many other fans who aren't in the previously mentioned 1000.

AlienCowThatMoos on
    SpidermanSig.jpg
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dangerous wrote: »

I love the Optimus one, pretty close to his original transformation too.

Rohaq on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm a patient guy, I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. But by making these con exclusives they've basically banned themselves from ever putting out those molds as those characters. Which is a big :cry: for me and a great many other fans who aren't in the previously mentioned 1000.

Not necessarily; they could get different paintjobs, though the remolds are less likely to have anything else done.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Man, the slogan for the game is "One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall." And in the commercial, Peter Cullen actually says it....

I think I need new pants.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I loved the intro to the ps2 game, the fight going on was incredibly like the fight between prime and megatron in the movie. I believe it even had the same dialogue.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

I know. :( I was just using Universe as an example of how much Hasbro loves to repaint/retool old molds. I wouldn't be surprised if repaints outnumber originals overall in the Transformers line. I was just saying that even though there's no where but Botcon to stick those characters right now, they would probably put them out later. It's in Hasbro's nature to do so. For another example, they just put out more show-accurate repaints of several Beast Wars characters ten years after the fact.

Hasbro has been a real bitch for con exclusives of late. You think TF's are bad? Try looking at Star Wars convention exclusives..they put out SEVERAL new molds and put them out as con only exclusives, some being sold online later but quite a few only available there. A few McQuarrie figures that everyone and their cousin wants but can't get ahold of, or pay $50 per fig off of Ebay. Really, it's just ticking everyone off.

Man, I wish I had that Alternators Scourge.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I remember I had some Animorphs transforming toys and I thought they were so awesome.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Don't know if its; been posted, but game intro cinematic:

http://ve3dboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=26945866

august on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Masume wrote: »

Nemesis Prime.

The website Hasbro was selling him on literally crashed because of the traffic. And apparently if you called their hotline number, you could order him if you got the right operator. Most of them told you "no sorry we can't sell over the phone", but some people got it anyway.

And you could buy it through the TF collector's club website too, but oh they forgot to put a limit on the number you could order so it sold out in like 20 minutes. While I was updating my credit card information.

I am still INCREDIBLY bitter about the whole event, because I was in the hospital and that was basically the only Transformer figure I wanted the entire summer and I couldn't get it.

Toy scalpers can go fuck themselves.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    august wrote: »

Cumming dicks, etc and so forth. Oh transformers I could never stay mad at you! I don't care how faithful it is to the source material, as a child of the 80s I am inexplicably drawn to things that transform into other things. Ironhide looked fucking badass in that as well.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dangerous wrote: »
    august wrote: »

Cumming dicks, etc and so forth. Oh transformers I could never stay mad at you! I don't care how faithful it is to the source material, as a child of the 80s I am inexplicably drawn to things that transform into other things. Ironhide looked fucking badass in that as well.

Yeah no shit. You can actually see their personalities in that thing. Hot.

august on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Masume wrote: »

Nemesis Prime.

The website Hasbro was selling him on literally crashed because of the traffic. And apparently if you called their hotline number, you could order him if you got the right operator. Most of them told you "no sorry we can't sell over the phone", but some people got it anyway.

And you could buy it through the TF collector's club website too, but oh they forgot to put a limit on the number you could order so it sold out in like 20 minutes. While I was updating my credit card information.

I am still INCREDIBLY bitter about the whole event, because I was in the hospital and that was basically the only Transformer figure I wanted the entire summer and I couldn't get it.

Toy scalpers can go fuck themselves.

Yes, I recall the whole debacle. Not pretty at all, and part of the problem with exclusives. They attract scalpers like the plague.

Oh, and I still think he should have been called scourge. :P

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If this game gets at least 7+'s as far as most reviews go I'm probably going to pick it up. I'll be out of town all next week though so hopefully by the time I get back on Friday there will be plenty of impressions to sway me one way or another.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    If this game gets at least 7+'s as far as most reviews go I'm probably going to pick it up. I'll be out of town all next week though so hopefully by the time I get back on Friday there will be plenty of impressions to sway me one way or another.

Unless it gets amazing reviews, I'll probably just add it to my gamefly queue... if I like it when it shows up I can always do the keep it option.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Hay guyz, seen the first look at the new cartoon yet?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    It could make for some interesting toys.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Did Optimus Prime and Bruce Campbell have a child together somehow? With a chin like that, he's not gonna need a gun. He could scrap Decepticons with his face.

Norfair on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Awesome, Gamestop just sent me an e-mail mentioning the game is going to ship out on the 25th instead of the 26th.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

"Autobots, Transform!!!"

*whacks the toy on the side of the table a few times*

"Roll out!!!"

It's a new, innovative play pattern tailored to today's kids.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

A-dur!

God it's shit like this that made me stop posting on Transformer message boards.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    scan_06.jpg

Oh. Dear. Fucking. God.

Why does everything have to be hyper-stylized these days? That looks like utter shit!

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wow that is the worst disgrace to Optimus Prime I have ever seen in my entire life.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I could draw a better prime in paint.

Actually, I think I will.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    OptimalPrime.jpg

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sorry, but you failed at drawing a better Prime. Which is sad.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    At least the other Prime is colored with in the lines......

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!