As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

pax 05 - where is it?

GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these daysRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited January 2005 in PAX Archive
The pax 05 thread said that there would be registration in january. But we don't even have a concrete location. I'd just like to have that so I could start buying plane tickets/making hotel reservations now.

*i posted in the other thread but I didn't get a response either way.

Grath on

• Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    It's at Meydenbauer again this year.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2005
    Huzzah!

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Huzzah!

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2005
    Zig21 wrote:
    It's at Meydenbauer again this year.

Thanks

Grath on
  • Options
    stewizbadstewizbad Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Ack- take me with you Grath!

stewizbad on
    "It cant rain all the time"-The Crow.
    "X-Box had me at Halo"
  • Options
    SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2005
    stewizbad wrote:

You can come with be :haybabee:

SoulFury on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    SoulFury wrote:
    stewizbad wrote:

You can come with be :winky:

fixed

Grath on
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    what's the address so I can check driving directions with Yahoo Maps?

Xieflow on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Looks like ill be at the Bellevue Lodge again.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    XieflowX wrote:

Their address should be on their site.

http://www.meydenbauer.com

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2005
    XieflowX wrote:

405 South to Bellevue. Take the NE 8th St exit or something and it's right there. Only takes like ten minutes to get there from around here.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    i hope we can get a good deal on the doubletree again

Grath on
  • Options
    impsethimpseth Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    I'm surprised it's going to be at the meydenbauer(spelling?) again considering the number of people that said a bigger place would have been better. And there will be more people this time around so it's going to be pretty insane there.

Aside from that, how many people are going to be making reservations right away to get a room close to the place? And what places are really close? I know the doubletree hotel(?) and bellvue lodge had people staying there before. In case they get full up are there any other places close by?

impseth on
    Sigs are fun.
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2005
    We didn't use the large halls underneath the fourth floor last year, which actually more than doubles the space we had last year- if this year becomes overcrowded, then we'll have to think about moving venues.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    best deal I found on priceline right now for me and soulfury.

Total Package Price: $750.42 ($375.21 /person) Total Package Price
    includes all taxes and fees. Prices are not guaranteed until purchase
    is complete.

thats a hotel room 3 nights and airfair

Grath on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    There's still the issue of the concert and the panels and such. There was nowhere near enough room last year.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    We didn't use the large halls underneath the fourth floor last year, which actually more than doubles the space we had last year- if this year becomes overcrowded, then we'll have to think about moving venues.

-robert

are we going to try and get deals through specific hotels again? The doubletree was excellent. I'd just like to get the cheepest way there possible.

Grath on
  • Options
    impsethimpseth Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    I don't know about travel cost but a 4 person room at double tree is roughly $154US. Not bad really.

impseth on
    Sigs are fun.
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    impseth wrote:
    I don't know about travel cost but a 4 person room at double tree is roughly $154US. Not bad really.

what i posted was incorrect. I needed to add a day to it.

Grath on
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:

405 South to Bellevue. Take the NE 8th St exit or something and it's right there. Only takes like ten minutes to get there from around here.

:^: :^:

According to Yahoo Maps that's exit 13B... That's really close. I'm on exit 20, and I usually drive down to exit 5ish (Fry's) and exit 2ish (Sam's Club) two or three times a week.

Also, it's fairly close to the Illusionz arcade with the shitload of music games, too (that's east on 90 about 5 miles)

Xieflow on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    impseth wrote:

Last year the rooms were $79/night, and we just wrapped up negotiations for this year's hotel. The partnered hotel WILL be the Doubletree and WILL be cheaper than last year.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Oh man walking from the hotel to the convention center royally screwed up my already bad knee. Any plans to level out the hills in the area?
    :)
    Maybe I'll look into other hotels that are closer if I get around to it. But my perpetual laziness might just prevent that. Hmm

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2005
    impseth wrote:

Last year the rooms were $79/night, and we just wrapped up negotiations for this year's hotel. The partnered hotel WILL be the Doubletree and WILL be cheaper than last year.

-robert

OMG YES!
    will we be able to get the same rate for multiple nights?

futility on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    yes.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2005
    <3swoon <3

futility on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    robert... can.. can i... touch you?

Grath on
  • Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Don't worry too much about space, assuming the turnout isn't OBSCENELY large. Those extra rooms are HUUUUUGE!!!!!

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but will pre-registrants get priority seating for the concert and panels?

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Hmm....I think that would be a bit too hard to keep track of. Besides, I reckon it would seem unfair if somebody was waiting to see a show/discussion and they'd have to leave because somebody just happened to pay before them.

Of course, that's just what I think.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Hmm....I think that would be a bit too hard to keep track of. Besides, I reckon it would seem unfair if somebody was waiting to see a show/discussion and they'd have to leave because somebody just happened to pay before them.

Of course, that's just what I think.
    A lot of other cons do that. Also, how about give prereg people different-looking wristbands?

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Considering that over half the people who went to PAX last year didn't preregister, I think there needs to be a bit more of an incentive, so we don't end up with twice as many people as expected like last year. :wink:

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    We will be having different colored wristbands for preregistrants, but they won't get priority seating for the panels or concert. However, they DO get into PAX an hour earlier than everyone else each day.

Also, as far as seating for the concert goes, we're not expecting any problems this year given the space. Last year's theatre was 3400 square feet and the room we're holding the concert in this year is 18,000.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    Daniel-sanDaniel-san Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    We will be having different colored wristbands for preregistrants, but they won't get priority seating for the panels or concert. However, they DO get into PAX an hour earlier than everyone else each day.

Also, as far as seating for the concert goes, we're not expecting any problems this year given the space. Last year's theatre was 3400 square feet and the room we're holding the concert in this year is 18,000.

I certainly hope this means that the Fire Marshal will allow more people into the room than last year.

Also, will there be any other game-related movies going on at PAX? Maybe some Tron?

Daniel-san on
    Daniel Anzulovic
    Imperial-Colonial Pan-Continental Godless Money-Devil of the West
    http://www.mouselook.com
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Daniel-san wrote:
    Also, will there be any other game-related movies going on at PAX? Maybe some Tron?

They totally need The Last Starfighter...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    They need a 'Bad Movie Theater' room that just plays all of the horrible game movies like Double Dragon, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, House of The Dead and all the other very, very shitty ones. Some people just need to be aware of how shitty they are.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    They need a 'Bad Movie Theater' room that just plays all of the horrible game movies like Tomb Raider, Super Mario Bros., Hackers and all the other very, very shitty ones. Some people just need to be aware of how shitty they are.
    Fixed.

edit: I know Hackers doesn't count, but fuck that movie was just terrible.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    They need a 'Bad Movie Theater' room that just plays all of the horrible game movies like Tomb Raider, Super Mario Bros., Hackers and all the other very, very shitty ones. Some people just need to be aware of how shitty they are.
    Fixed.

Compared to MK:A, Double Dragon and HotD...Mario Bros, Hackers and Tomb Raider are oscar winning movies. I mean, jesus. At least Mario is watchable. Same with Hackers.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Fixed.

Compared to MK:A, Double Dragon and HotD...Mario Bros, Hackers and Tomb Raider are oscar winning movies. I mean, jesus. At least Mario is watchable. Same with Hackers.
    You see, I only posted this at 4 in the goddamn morning because I thought you would have finally gone to bed, and thus wouldn't be awake to defend fucking Hackers. That movie was inaccurate, incorrect, and downright fucking stupid on so many levels that it's hard to count. Although Angelina Jolie with short hair was bonerworthy, that entire movie is so brick fucking stupid that it leads to impotence. A movie that renders your dick limp for the rest of your fucking life, Legacy, that's how bad it is.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Uh, it wasn't that bad.

However, I fully support watching House Of The Dead.

It's a shame that they'd have to pay to get a copy of it, though.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Daniel-sanDaniel-san Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    If there's going to be a Bad Movie Theater, the Dungeons and Dragons movie should definitely be in there as well. While not video gaming per se, there's been enough talk of games that include paper and pencil in the comic that I think it should count.

Hell, in a few years, there will probably be a Bad Movie Theater set aside solely for Uwe Boll films. HotD, Alone in the Dark, Bloodrayne, Hunter: The Reckoning, FarCry...

But if the films will be limited to where video games and computers are central to the plot, rather than a movie made from a game, we'll all be spared.

Daniel-san on
    Daniel Anzulovic
    Imperial-Colonial Pan-Continental Godless Money-Devil of the West
    http://www.mouselook.com