Options

[Phalla] Phalla Insane Asylum - Day 7 - Black Market Agents Win!

• Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Father, I had a blast with this game. I love my pencil, can I keep it?

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Incidentally, precisionk, how exactly did that conjoined seer thing work? What happened to their visions when they weren't joined or when one of them was dead?

cheez on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Patients were clowns, I know that much. I was riding a bicycle or something in Shamus's first vision.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    telcus wrote: »
    The Staffers have some justification for their anger, but really, two teams ganging up on another team is not that uncommon in the Phallas. See the vampire Phalla, the goodies teamed up with one of the baddies to take out the other baddies. Though I was pretty angry at that at the time, so I'm hypocritical.

:winky:

I'm always in the middle of these things, no?
    The difference is that the Ardor's alliance with the Assamites was beneficial to both sides (because the Sabbat was owning at the time). This time around you guys just handed the game to the BM people.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    cheez wrote: »
    Hey Gnasty, in the next Phalla, let's totally collaborate. We'll discuss our teams' respective win conditions, figure out which of us is on the stronger team, and help that person's team win.
    This is a great idea.
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I cannot seem to argue enough that it was easily within the theme of the game.

This was not a normal phalla, in any real way.
    Maybe that would be a good excuse if everyone else was aware of it as well.
    Precisionk laid this out on the sign up thread and on page one.

Hell, he said depending on how you acted, you could become a special.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The Staffers have some justification for their anger, but really, two teams ganging up on another team is not that uncommon in the Phallas. See the vampire Phalla, the goodies teamed up with one of the baddies to take out the other baddies. Though I was pretty angry at that at the time, so I'm hypocritical.

The difference is that the Ardor's alliance with the Assamites was beneficial to both sides (because the Sabbat was owning at the time). This time around you guys just handed the game to the BM people.

Dude what? How exactly did we hand the game over to them? Seriously, despite what precisionk says the game was silly hard for the patients to win, and impossible after the first day shennigans. We just didn't have the killing power to kill all the baddies to win before our numbers went below 75%. After that, either the BMGs will wipe out the Staffers or vice versa.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Hey Gnasty, in the next Phalla, let's totally collaborate. We'll discuss our teams' respective win conditions, figure out which of us is on the stronger team, and help that person's team win.
    This is a great idea.
    I cannot seem to argue enough that it was easily within the theme of the game.

This was not a normal phalla, in any real way.
    Maybe that would be a good excuse if everyone else was aware of it as well.
    Precisionk laid this out on the sign up thread and on page one.

Hell, he said depending on how you acted, you could become a special.
    He said we should "act crazy" or something. I just assumed he was talking about RP stuff. Regardless of what he actually meant, it's pretty clear to me that not everyone had the same impression that you did which is I (and others) are not happy with what happened.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He said we should "act crazy" or something. I just assumed he was talking about RP stuff. Regardless of what he actually meant, it's pretty clear to me that not everyone had the same impression that you did which is I (and others) are not happy with what happened.
    B:L wrote: »
    Each patient's win condition was to have fun. I GUESS I WIN AND YOU LOSE, GNASTY.

And seriously, trying to kill your own seer? Not cool, man. Not cool at all.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    I didn't give win conditions to the patients right away. I did give them in the Narrations. I believe if you read them, took a few days down the road, that essentially they were given and what you needed to do.

I wanted this Phalla to be immersive and not just:

To win press the A button. Perhaps I brought this to a bit RPish, but I wanted to have some type of story, albeit a minor one.

This is an Insane Asylum. You guys were brought here. Essentially it was the end of the line for everyone. Their wasn't a win condition, because really, their aren't winners in an Asylum.

However, the patients could have EASILY have won, just so happens they made a few stupid mistakes that could have helped them out immensely. Patients were technically thrown in the middle, during a war of who controls the Asylum, the staff or the BMA. How you guys decided who wins and what, was up to you. I gave you the tools, you guys used em.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The people that aren't happy are the Staffers. Which is understandable, they got ganged up on, it happens. I have no idea why you're unhappy, you were killed by the Staffers!

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The people that aren't happy are the Staffers. Which is understandable, they got ganged up on, it happens. I have no idea why you're unhappy, you were killed by the Staffers!
    Maybe it's because we thought of it first ;-)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    telcus, I'm not a Staffer either.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Guys, ya know what, it isn't worth it.

<3s for all.

Who wants to make out?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Me! Oooh! Ooooh! Pick me!

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I care because I think it's a douchebag thing to do to switch sides just for the hell of it.

And B:L I still don't know what you're talking about with that seer stuff.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Dude what? How exactly did we hand the game over to them? Seriously, despite what precisionk says the game was silly hard for the patients to win, and impossible after the first day shennigans. We just didn't have the killing power to kill all the baddies to win before our numbers went below 75%. After that, either the BMGs will wipe out the Staffers or vice versa.

Uhhh, the BMGs and the Staffers had to get the patients numbers below 25%. As in they had to elimiante 75% of them. Assuming I am reading the rules right.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    telcus, I'm not a Staffer either.

So why are you angry?

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Eh, I don't mind losing like this. I'm just impressed at how well the Black Market players were able to take in the Gray Group and use it to take out the Hospital Staff spectacularly. It's too bad we couldn't think to do that on our side. Sitting back and just watching people go into the Waiting Room without any direct benefit was a little annoying... maybe we could have done more?

I still think that the Black Market powers were a little more powerful than ours. The deflections were mighty confusing, and getting those three direct kills were pretty nice. I guess the idea was that these powers could combine to take out five players, same as with our Emergency Surgery power?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Each patient's win condition was to have fun. I GUESS I WIN AND YOU LOSE, GNASTY.

I didn't really bother reading this when I made that other post where I respond to your seer stuff, but really, what? I'm pretty sure that your quoting yourself doesn't rebut what I said. It's pretty fucking obvious that not everyone thought that "do whatever you want and to hell with actually trying to win the game for your team!" was the way we were supposed to play the game.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Uhhh, the BMGs and the Staffers had to get the patients numbers below 25%. As in they had to elimiante 75% of them. Assuming I am reading the rules right.

Yeah that's what I meant sorry, our dead numbers had to be above 75%.

Seeing as these things are usually won by the villagers with a small amount of players left, this is why I believe it was next to impossible for them to win. Basically at the end game, we're screwed cuz we've already lost.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kin33Kin33 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hes angry cause there was no game. It was essentially just us waiting for the BMG to win. Lets just say I have a whole new outlook on phallas and people better not be pissed off if I ever betray my own side/win condition.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    How did I betray my own side Kin33? I killed the bad guys, 3 of you and 2 of the BMG. Yeah I sure as hell played those villagers good.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    And the whole attitude "we can't win lets fuck over one side for fun" is an age old board game thing in which I loathe.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    precisionk tell me who I shouldn't allow to play in my game please.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I don't really know who specifically did what, but from what I can gather telcus you didn't really do anything that wrong. You said you were intending on backstabbing the BM, right? And, as you said, you did kill 3 of one side and 2 of the other.

But still.
    Fine, we can always backstab the patient specials right after we use them to take out the entire Hospital Staff.

Right now, I'm flooded in information. I have the identities of both seers, the vigilante, and quite a few other people.
    Seriously, what the fuck is that about.

Hey look I'm not the only one who is confused by why the hell Ardor and co. chose to do what they did:
    frandel wrote:
    Jesus Christ are these the worst good specials ever? I mean if they do wipe out the hospital staff they would be handing us the game, and I doubt that many of them have signed on for Ardor's "I don't care if I hurt my own team lets just have fun" strategy.

They would have to go after us at some point to win.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I don't think its possible for ODaM to run a Phalla without controversy.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego knows that I'm not playing to win, completely.

Think that about says it all, right there.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I think the Institute players are gonna be the first to be dead for the next few Phallas. Hehehe revenge!

Also I'm going to the Blue Mountains next week so I won't be in the next Phalla. I'm immune to your revenges! mwahahaha.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just to let you dudes know Tabasco and I won't be playing in the next phalla.

This isn't because of some sort of "oh my god, people weren't playing to win, we are disgusted with phallas" or anything of the sort. We are simply going to be out of town for a good 4 days, with no internet, which is not conducive to playing a phalla.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So, um, hey guys?

How come you guys weren't all upset when the changelings decided to shit all over the witches' chances of winning in Salem and partner up with the village on the last day?

Were the witches a longshot, like the patients? Yup. Where was the outrage then?

Seems like it's mostly motivated by being the losing party, which is why I didn't get any support for my frustrations.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm sad that Gnasty died so early, he was protecting me :(.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Also, plut was gonna betray the Institute?

Dude! Dudddddde! Thats just not cricket!

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    So, um, hey guys?

How come you guys weren't all upset when the changelings decided to shit all over the witches' chances of winning in Salem and partner up with the village on the last day?

Were the witches a longshot, like the patients? Yup. Where was the outrage then?

Seems like it's mostly motivated by being the losing party, which is why I didn't get any support for my frustrations.

Cause I wasn't in that phalla. Oh well, its a game. But I also had expected everyone to actually play the game and not make it trivial and pointless.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So, um, hey guys?

While I didn't have an outright problem with it, I thought it was dumb. I always thought that if I was an honest-to-goodness neutral, or a baddie down on his luck, I'd try to help the bad guys that still had a chance. Screw the village.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So, um, hey guys?

Probably because in that case, it was a team with ZERO chance of victory (the changelings) making sure their rivals in evil didn't win.

In this case, it was a team with SOME chance of victory (the patients) getting betrayed by their own teammates.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Kin33 wrote: »
    So, um, hey guys?

Cause I wasn't in that phalla. Oh well, its a game. But I also had expected everyone to actually play the game and not make it trivial and pointless.

I can understand that you think that would do it, and that you have an unshakeable Phalla moral compass, but really, being on both sides of the shit hitting the fan sorta shows you otherwise. I mean, I thought that about myself, and here I am, ain't I?

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Kin33 wrote: »
    So, um, hey guys?

Go read Precisionk's post. Game was played as it should have been.

Jesus, what more do you want?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I didn't keep up with the Salem Phalla. If I remembered I would drop into the dead thread and vote for whoever I was told to, but nothing more than that.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Cheez, I don't see how the village would have faired better if there was no institute. Can you give me some specifics on how the village got disadvantaged by it?

Honestly, the only people who really got screwed in any way was the Staffers. I don't deny that. Any alliance in a Phalla is going to royally screw over the other party. This is not unique to this Phalla.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Did you even read Gnasty's first post on this page? Good lord.

cheez on