As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fuck all!

• Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    they aren't forced to release shit.

if you don't think there are political reasons for releasing this information now, then you're dead wrong.
    Well, yes and no.

The Freedom of Information Act means that they are requried by law to release the information. But the information they just released is basically admitting that they don't care what the law requires them to do...

it's a great catch-22 you see.

Plus, you're totally right. It was a completely calculated move on part of Cheney.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    VulnoXVulnoX Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I love that they released the Family Jewels (snicker) now.

Like, they're just all, "Yeah, we were pretty big bastards back then, but fuck all nowadays that shit is small potatoes!"

I think they're forced to reveal shit like that after awhile

either that or they release way outdated shit that's been done wrong to look more honest themselves

Yeah one of our governing documents says that all federal classified information must be declassified after 30 years or 50 years or somewhere in there.

The only problem I see with that is what prevents them from releasing "we spied on a few of our people" and leaving out "and made over 300 of them disappear because they were suspected for something and never given a trial"

VulnoX on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Why would Fred Thompson get the Vice Presidency?

That's a dumb rumor.

Um, he's also the only Republican presidential candidate who is electable.
    Why wouldn't they try to get him as much attention as possible, while at the same time distancing themselves from Cheney?

That's a dumb rumor.

I thought speaker of the house got vice presidency if something happened to the vice president

and I'm sure bush doesn't want nancy pelosi as his vp

Jesus Christ shoe, that's only presidential succession if they're both dead.
    The 25th amendment makes it so that in the case of a vacancy, the president nominates a new Vice President, who then has to be confirmed by the congress. It's how Gerald Ford became Vice President. Didn't you pay attention in school?

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Callius wrote: »
    they aren't forced to release shit.

if you don't think there are political reasons for releasing this information now, then you're dead wrong.
    Well, yes and no.

The Freedom of Information Act means that they are requried by law to release the information. But the information they just released is basically admitting that they don't care what the law requires them to do...

it's a great catch-22 you see.

Plus, you're totally right. It was a completely calculated move on part of Cheney.

A good portion of this shit is entirely whited out. They clearly still haven't released all of the stuff that they're "required to" so I would say that's an even better indicator that they don't care about the law.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Manifest wrote: »

That's a dumb rumor.

Why wouldn't they try to get him as much attention as possible, while at the same time distancing themselves from Cheney?

That's a dumb rumor.

I thought speaker of the house got vice presidency if something happened to the vice president

The 25th amendment makes it so that in the case of a vacancy, the president nominates a new Vice President, who then has to be confirmed by the congress. It's how Gerald Ford became Vice President. Didn't you pay attention in school?

man I ain't done civics in a dog's age alright

and I stopped caring about the government a long time ago

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Manifest, he went to school in Oklahoma.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey guys, Paris Hilton got out of jail.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    A good portion of this shit is entirely whited out. They clearly still haven't released all of the stuff that they're "required to" so I would say that's an even better indicator that they don't care about the law.
    They are legally allowed to redact information that they feel would endanger their current operations or which are currently classified and in use. or some shit.

Man, I'm not saying they care, I'm just saying what the law is.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Manifest, he went to school in Oklahoma.

where'd you go to school, mister?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007

That's a dumb rumor.

That's a dumb rumor.

Maybe if people were less apathetic, we wouldn't have found ourselves in such a horrible position to begin with.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

That's a dumb rumor.

That's a dumb rumor.

Maybe if people were less apathetic, we wouldn't have found ourselves in such a horrible position to begin with.

maybe. it's your problem now!

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Man, I've been trying that one with Shoe for years now.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Cal, have you taken a look at the shitstorm Cheney is causing with the National Archives.

In a nutshell, the national archives is asking for paperwork detailing what his office has done under the executive branch for historical value and the the W. Bush Presidential library, but he doesn't want to hand it over because he's saying he's not part of the executive branch. The same guy claimed executive privilege for his office multiple times in regards to policies he was involved with about energy plans, military use, and the invasion of Iraq.

It's literally going to take our own government suing Dick Cheney to get Dick Cheney to turn over documentation of what he did while working for our government, simply because he's a secretive douchebag. You got to love public officials not having to disclose what they've done, especially when the stuff isn't considered classified for national security reasons.

Hunter on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    Didn't Cheney want to abolish the national archives or some shit because they were calling him on not releasing that information?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    but I am sorry I don't choose to vote in a wholly corrupt system

I'll see if I can do better once I am a Canadian citizen

although I don't know that they're wholly corrupt yet

but hey, I'm not getting my hopes up

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    Cal, have you taken a look at the shitstorm Cheney is causing with the National Archives.

In a nutshell, the national archives is asking for paperwork detailing what his office has done under the executive branch for historical value and the the W. Bush Presidential library, but he doesn't want to hand it over because he's saying he's not part of the executive branch. The same guy claimed executive privilege for his office multiple times in regards to policies he was involved with about energy plans, military use, and the invasion of Iraq.

It's literally going to take our own government suing Dick Cheney to get Dick Cheney to turn over documentation of what he did while working for our government, simply because he's a secretive douchebag. You got to love public officials not having to disclose what they've done, especially when the stuff isn't considered classified for national security reasons.

Well, thankfully even conservative Bush Admin apologists see the retardedness of this situation, as there's been a lot of noise about it since he claimed he wasn't part of the executive.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

HAHAHA YES!

I read an article this morning where Cheney's lawyer is now claiming that the Vice President's office isn't an "agency."

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man, I've been trying that one with Shoe for years now.

I'm honestly suprised that not a single assassination attempt has been made on the current President. I mean, there are definately people that hate him enough to want to do something like that, but no one's done it. I'm not saying it would be the smart thing to do either, I'm just suprised.

I'm glad to hear this shit is finally being looked at by the Supreme Court.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Didn't Cheney want to abolish the national archives or some shit because they were calling him on not releasing that information?

He's pissed because they pointed out the irony of him claiming executive privilege multiple times and then claiming his office isn't really the executive branch when asked for documentation for the National Archives.

He's a secretive douche who's an angry old coot. It's funny as hell.

Hunter on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I still can't believe he tried to pull that shit with saying he wasn't in the Executive Branch merely because as VP he's also the head of the Senate.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    personally, I believe in Harvey Dent

Skull Man on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm just waiting for the election. At this point nothing that the gov't does has to even pretend to be legal anymore. They'll just veto or change shit or just blatantly tell us to fuck off for questioning them.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Skull Man wrote: »
    how dearly I wish to lime this

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jeffrey Rowland for President

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    neville wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the election. At this point nothing that the gov't does has to even pretend to be legal anymore. They'll just veto or change shit or just blatantly tell us to fuck off for questioning them.

I just love that people think the next person in line won't do the same thing

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I mean, making up bullshit is basically the government's game. The Bush Administration is just terrible at it.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I still can't believe he tried to pull that shit with saying he wasn't in the Executive Branch merely because as VP he's also the head of the Senate.

Seconded!

Also Shoe, the Canadian government makes up for it's lack of corruption with massive fuckton of fluff.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

WaM I don't want to vote you out of the phalla

but there comes a time for gosh sakes

Skull Man on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Our current situation really also says a lot about the competency level of the members of the legislative branch.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I mean, making up bullshit is basically the government's game. The Bush Administration is just terrible at it.

It's the difference between being ass raped and ass raped with lube.

While it's still ass rape, I hope we get the lube in 2008.

Hunter on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

let's not talk about it now, darling

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    neville wrote: »

I just love that people think the next person in line won't do the same thing

Did I say that? Politics is all a shady business; I was majoring in it initially then realized "fuck this."
    But at least some at least pretend to make a bit of a show out of listening to the people.
    I guess sounding like more of a moron than your average 5th grader shows the current Prez is doing all he can to just communicate; more tactful deceit is clearly beyond his means.

And on a personal note, I just have a serious problem with groups who try and use religion as a crutch for their own pathetic judgemental bullshit. God doesnt approve of gay marriage my ass. Get a fucking education, tool. heh.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2007
    god doesn't believe in gay marriage

like fairies and unicorns

bongi on
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I like how people look to FOIA as something that's going to make a difference.

Dudes, if people were breaking the law before, why do you think they would obey FOIA to the letter?

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    In other news we get a new Prime Minister today and everyone in the country despises him like you have never seen before.

Problem is, the opposition is a weak ass youngling for the conservatives and a guy called Mingus for the Lib Dems (who will never win).

So this upcoming election is going to be a definite case of lesser of two evils at no mistake.

Sometimes I envy American politics. It is definetly stronger and more bombastic. If you just sorted out all that conspiracy shit and actually had a decent president you guys would be rocking all over the world (no reference intended)

You guys think Obama is a good guy for President. As a Brit I would be happy with him in power. He seems like a good guy. History will not look favourably on Dubya though will it? Nor Tony Blair.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

let's not talk about it now, darling

mmmmwah

Skull Man on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007

We'll get the lube, no question.

Only thing the election will be about is choosing the flavor.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Fuck you, botp
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    I like how people look to FOIA as something that's going to make a difference.

Dudes, if people were breaking the law before, why do you think they would obey FOIA to the letter?

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007

there's all this work on alien spaceships in Area 51 and they need to keep it from the public because if they don't the aliens will invade and kill us all

but FOIA

UH OH

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007

We'll get the lube, no question.

Only thing the election will be about is choosing the flavor.

man, I just can't see why you guys are even willing to bend over

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif