As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When Sysadmins Ruled the [Chat]

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Well, I'll be staying away from that HIV thread. A 25% infraction rate is only funny when it happens to other people.

Also, I don't have much to say about it.

Really, it's only slightly more than twenty-three percent. There's still room for you to bring the average up.

But yeah, I don't have anything to say about it either.

LaOs on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Well, I'll be staying away from that HIV thread. A 25% infraction rate is only funny when it happens to other people.

Also, I don't have much to say about it.
    Clearly my quip wasn't funny enough.
    Trying to make a witty comment and failing is a yellow-card offence. I mean, read the rules. We're serious about one-liners here.
    That's not what your mom said last night.

Edit: Wait

ah shit
    inside-listenup-yellowcard.jpg

LaOs on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Johannen wrote: »
    Move out?

I'm only living at home for the summer break from Uni and I think she'd get really really upset if I refused to live at home for the summer break.

You could always 'just happen' to take a summer course or something. That'd more or less cut down your time at home from break to 1 month instead of 3.

Problem is, that then means I live 3 and a half hours away from my friends and family. Also, all my uni friends have gone home so I would also be in Uni on my own. :(

I moan and complain but it's the same thing every year. Luckily next year I actually get a real job with a career in mind and everything..... :(

Johannen on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    Move out?

I'm only living at home for the summer break from Uni and I think she'd get really really upset if I refused to live at home for the summer break.

I stayed at college the summers after my junior and senior year. This was among the best decisions I have ever made; plus, since a lot of people do go home, it's easier to get a job on/around campus. Or so I've found.
    Yeah going home is for suckers.

Meh. I go home, I just don't live with my parents. I'm split 50/50 on whether or not it's a good idea. On the other hand, I like my parents. Most of the time.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I do actually like my parents, they're really nice people and they have always supported me be it financially or in the things I do. This is pretty much the only fault, in that every time I come home i'll argue pretty loudly with my mother at least twice a week.

Johannen on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I do actually like my parents, they're really nice people and they have always supported me be it financially or in the things I do. This is pretty much the only fault, in that every time I come home i'll argue pretty loudly with my mother at least twice a week.
    Is this like how we say we like the moderators all the time? Stockholm syndrome man.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Next time she starts an argument, just hug her.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Is this like how we say we like the moderators all the time? Stockholm syndrome man.
    :lol: No, I am pretty lucky in how great my family are. It's just a little unlucky that I have hereditary heart disease, non-photosensitive epilepsy, and a fiery temper to either look forward to or put up with.

Johannen on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery, why won't you just admit how much Will does for us

We would be nothing without him

Elendil on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I know this is probably old, but I laughed my ass off.

Johan, how old are you? After a certain age, parents' expectations go way up. I always used to hear "when I was 22, I already had a family, a career, blah blah". Maybe it's not coming out the way that they'd want to, but I think ultimately, they just want you to be successful.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »

Next time she starts an argument, just hug her.

:winky:

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm 20 and NO SABUIY BAD BOY!

Johannen on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    celery, why won't you just admit how much Will does for us

We would be nothing without him
    Oh right -- like all those times he hovers his mouse over his mod panel before deciding that he has to go cuddle and watch Lost with Frankie instead of actually doing his job? Or those times he sees a thread in dire need of locking and comes in here to get lost in some old punk music discussion instead?

What would we ever do without him?

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Raakam wrote: »

Johan, how old are you? After a certain age, parents' expectations go way up. I always used to hear "when I was 22, I already had a family, a career, blah blah". Maybe it's not coming out the way that they'd want to, but I think ultimately, they just want you to be successful.

You could turn that around, though. Point to your own pathetic lack of a family as proof that they failed as parents, which was most likely because they had had a family and career at the age of 22.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

I say your solution is clear, get drunk and tell your mom your funny stories.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    There seems to be a lot of bitter in this thread right now. I think y'all need to cheer up.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Man my mom been divorced twice and my dad's been divorced three times, and neither of them found their "career" until they were in their early 30s. I ain't catching no grief off them motherfuckers.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    VishNub wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of bitter in this thread right now. I think y'all need to cheer up.
    Shut the fuck up, Vish.

• Options
    edited June 2007

Grey skys do appear to possibly clear up.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Shut the fuck up, Vish.

Lou-Gramm.jpg

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

The reason I don't want to get married is the best man speach. :P

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Go Pac-Man go!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Oh man could you let the internet submit a speech as well? God that would be grand.

• Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

You could turn that around, though. Point to your own pathetic lack of a family as proof that they failed as parents, which was most likely because they had had a family and career at the age of 22.

In most cases you could, you're right. I'm not going to go into my life story, but that just wouldn't work with my folks. Still, most parents usually don't "bitch and moan" for no reason. They want to see their kids become successful, whatever that term entails. Expectations differ, but at the core it's mostly the same thing - they want you to be happy and have a secure future. Parents do an obsessive amount of worrying. I think when we become parents, it'll make more sense. Probably have quite a few of those "Oooo, that's why my parents said this to me as a kid" moments.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    edited June 2007

In most cases you could, you're right. I'm not going to go into my life story, but that just wouldn't work with my folks. Still, most parents usually don't "bitch and moan" for no reason. They want to see their kids become successful, whatever that term entails. Expectations differ, but at the core it's mostly the same thing - they want you to be happy and have a secure future. Parents do an obsessive amount of worrying. I think when we become parents, it'll make more sense. Probably have quite a few of those "Oooo, that's why my parents said this to me as a kid" moments.
    Nah man I firmly believe a huge number of parents are at best emotionally abusive fucks to their children.

• Options
    edited June 2007

Oh man could you let the internet submit a speech as well? God that would be grand.

What? Let you guys tell of the crazy shit i've spouted on here?! Hell no!

Also... I love fucking with the SE++ers

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

I would heckle the shit out of any one of y'all's weddings.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    They're really an enigmatic bunch over there.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Someone should do a Gorillas in The Mist type expose on SE++ culture

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

I'm just going to continue backing the BNP party with tooth and nail. It's an easy bet that they'll start sprouting tenth rate insults any time soon.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Gorillas are calm and friendly animals in comparison. ;-)

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Nah man I firmly believe a huge number of parents are at best emotionally abusive fucks to their children.

...I had thought that's what parenting is.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The SE++ers are taking longer than expected to turn to the insults, even though i'm being an absolute dick.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

...I had thought that's what parenting is.
    Well ... yeah ... I'm just saying some people take unorthodox approaches to it, and this twisted, sick, disgusting shit happens where their kids genuinely love and respect them and shit. It makes me nauseated to see.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    The SE++ers are taking longer than expected to turn to the insults, even though i'm being an absolute dick.
    The giant sausage has proven something of a distraction -- lord knows I'm not thinking about anything else at the moment.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    "Git" os the best they can come up with. This is also, if you may look at it this way, a very good representation of the word "hypocrite". (spel?)

They call D&D'ers eitist bastards who are group orientated and don't give reason other than to follow eachother. Yet here, even though i'm very much in the wrong they are just having one or two doing the actual arguing with any sort of reasoning they can muster and then having the rest sprouting random insults and agreement without reason.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Git" os the best they can come up with. This is also, if you may look at it this way, a very good representation of the word "hypocrite". (spel?)

They call D&D'ers eitist bastards who are group orientated and don't give reason other than to follow eachother. Yet here, even though i'm very much in the wrong they are just having one or two doing the actual arguing with any sort of reasoning they can muster and then having the rest sprouting random insults and agreement without reason.
    Yeah. Yup. Their criticisms of D&D are just really lame. I mean I like the humor, but I avoid serious topics like the plague over there (unless of course I feel like stirring some shit).

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Also, guys -- I'm gonna be 27 in one week!

• Options
    edited June 2007

Man, you're getting old!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »

Man, you're getting old!
    Word -- I got hella gray hairs and everything.

This discussion has been closed.